v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah but when u r more PvP geared u need to know baout other ppl thats where this is the main problem.

the CS should be nice extras that give a little boost to users not such a huge advantage that its not even close to being fair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I bought some packs and got no reward better than a Best token, I couldn't care if others got Lunar or Frost items.
    I'll play the game, and farm for those items I need, or get lucky and save some time.
    People should play there own games and not worry so much what others have or don't have.

I like the way you look at things *soloutes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you're guaranteed to get one of the items on the list, i don't think the main gripe is with the price

No thats not it, its just that it just pushes the F2P, the Casual CS, and the Heavy CS to their own corner. The F2P will maybe if lucky get a few items from this, nothing good, and nothing to be proud of. The Casual shopper will spend their normal money and be disappointed, since they didn't get what they wanted. Well the Heavy Cash shopper does though win this round, sitting in Lunar Weapons and Rings/Neck/Belt or whatever, 50mil+ in coins, and things where it would be impossible to get or 12 more months of hard work for the F2P person and the casual cash shopper.

Just remove the packs all together, give everyone something nice in their mail box saying. Hey we honor your service and hope you will be around for next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People should play there own games and not worry so much what others have or don't have.

Last time i checked, this was an MMO, which means 'others' effect A LOT of your own playing. And the fact remains CSers are gonna wipe out nonCS users on pvp servers
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe this game has come under the control of some sneaky gold sellers. Just that everyone is blaming one person after another, but i always notice what truly destroys game econony is illegal gold sellers who sell in game currency on websites. They make bots, they control the markets, they even have market bots, and when they earn enough money they start spamming chat with their websites. PWI is new but around after a year is when we start seeing these people and when they start affecting our game.

Think about it, I'm not making any accusations but the way this game is designed it be a gold sellers dream. Town wars pay out huge amounts in gold. You have the opportunity to control and monopolize gold in the auction house. They could drive prices for it up knowing people won't buy. Then they drive cash shop items up forcing people to get desperate and cheat trying to get more gold for their buck. I would not be surprised if we don't see a surplus of them trying to spam in city their websites pretty soon. I'm not saying this is actually happening. I just find it strange they weren't considered an option. I wonder if in malaysia these people showed up after the market got out of control. Well cause if you think about it this all was not happening before when we had sales. However, now it is. Keep in mind there are greedy players, but i do not think they are behind the whole picture.

I think for gm's to fix the economy they will have to do some serious investigation. And changes may have to be made to the game that people are not going to like. For example making town wars so that people cannot illegally bid on them. It might have to make it so that you cannot own so much territory, but you can own only one. This is only a suggestion. This forces some game coins to be removed from the game in bidding. However also it if you loose that territory you must wait till the next week. This gives lower guilds a better shot at owning a territory and adds some color to the map. This also make it so that during that week the guild is spending coin they earned off that territory. Thus getting rid of lingering currency. We might not like it but it's better than paying 500k per gold or some servers 900k. I think gm's had the right idea about removing coins from the game, this is important. However, they may need to fix some of the flaws of people being able to monopolize gold, or territories etc.

As i said gold does drive a little influx we did see that before but never this big. Any way it's only my thoughts. The sad part is it's hard to dectect these people, and make proof against them. However we all know they are in here. They don't just come from china. Some of the biggest ones are from poland. We know this too once they get into a game it's hard for dev's and gm's to get them out. To the point they can ruin a game.
  • DW_Vane - Sanctuary
    DW_Vane - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Guys come on.. 90+ pages of this; it's just a game u know go play and have fun nobody it's been forced to take part in any event, yes events might push gold price , so if gold is out of hand at the moment save your coin ;) better times will come.. IF people is buying Zhen and selling the gold fo so high price don't get upset at them, just don't buy and be thankful that they are helping pay the electric bill of the servers to wich we happily login everyday .. wii b:cute
    5 pet skill slots TVM :: venos will $hare more oFc ;)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Guys come on.. 90+ pages of this; it's just a game u know go play and have fun nobody it's been forced to take part in any event, yes events might push gold price , so if gold is out of hand at the moment save your coin ;) better times will come.. IF people is buying Zhen and selling the gold fo so high price don't get upset at them, just don't buy and be thankful that they are helping pay the electric bill of the servers to wich we happily login everyday .. wii b:cute

b:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Missing the point u know feels like i have been saying the same stuff for 90 pages QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TlERNAN - Heavens Tear
    TlERNAN - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Last time i checked, this was an MMO, which means 'others' effect A LOT of your own playing. And the fact remains CSers are gonna wipe out nonCS users on pvp servers

And this is new in what way??
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    YEs but the packs can only be vbought directly from cash shop, meaning for non gold players who do not use the prepaid cards, gold is skyrocketing to the point where it might be 1 million coin by the end of the day.

I repeat what i said earlier. The only way this could have been fair to everyone, is no more than 5 packs per player, non tradeable to each character, cash shop or non.

WHat people got from them also would be non-tradeable. It should have just been for each individual but what scares me is ones getting 6 of the super lucks in 30 seconds and winding up with 30 million coin right then and there.. Then they obliterate auction house and destroy gold economy for the non gold payers..

YOu see my point at least on a experienced player?

Besides the fact this laptop is about 5 years old.. before arch would lag out on anyone jsut walking through with anyone who used it.. ANd now the lag is so great we can do flips through west district without even slowing down the computer.

That also tells something...
  • mekkan90
    mekkan90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Admins i know that all the spamms is uppseting you guys, i can understand that all of you are really stressed at the moment, its just that some players are pretty uppset and wants to write down as much as they cause of their anger, but i know that alot of stuff they say isnt to hurt you guys and im sorry incase i wrote something that you guys maybe got pissed about.
    cause i can imagine how it feels like to be in your position at the moment and i know that you guys dont like this upproar right now

all i can say is that theese people likes you guys alot for making such a great game but right now their just alittle bit pissed but hopefully it will get over soon
  • Chiott - Sanctuary
    Chiott - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It should have just been for each individual but what scares me is ones getting 6 of the super lucks in 30 seconds and winding up with 30 million coin right then and there..

So instead of the 2 token cost for the big note, it should be WAYY higher.
  • Headshot_Aro - Sanctuary
    Headshot_Aro - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    umm so u get X2 exp every weekend till end of september right? and also will this apply for quests too or do i gotta grind for the X2 exp bonus to take a real affect?
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    a2shuzy2 wrote: »
    Hopefully this will all just fade out like the "pigment coin bug".

Heaven's Tear gold trading never recovered. before bug 1 gold=95k. after bug no less than 115k.

by the time you remember several people asked for a rollback... they didn't. several people who bought the pigments ended up blocked but the ones who just kept selling gold (for up to 500k) are still around.

i can't assure anyone posting respectful alternatives means any change will be done. what i assure is that flaming and insulting is a good reason to make this topic disappear and to have legit players blocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And this is new in what way??

Erm..previously CSers couldn't buy their way into getting lunar and rank 13/14 gear (with enough money ofc).
    And in addition gold prices has risen (nothing new tbh) meaning less affordability for charms etc for nonCser'sb:bye
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    umm so u get X2 exp every weekend till end of september right? and also will this apply for quests too or do i gotta grind for the X2 exp bonus to take a real affect?

it's only for monsters killed, quests won't be affected as they give a static amount
  • Headshot_Aro - Sanctuary
    Headshot_Aro - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    it's only for monsters killed, quests won't be affected as they give a static amount
    right now that i ahve that answer and ty GM and am sorry on behalf of spammers but am sure u can understand that LET IT BE KNOW THAT ****** aquired blah blah bla.

But anyway as i was saying u guys got any ideas where a lvl 22 veno might grind to get most exp and money am not too bothered if it's leets as long as it's not in instances ty in advance
  • TlERNAN - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Erm..previously CSers couldn't buy their way into getting lunar and rank 13/14 gear (with enough money ofc).
    And in addition gold prices has risen (nothing new tbh) meaning less affordability for charms etc for nonCser'sb:bye

My take on this is this, The more High end equipment available the more likely non cash shoppers will obtain it.

Surely over time this will have a Positive effect on PvP?
  • ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver
    ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    only thing that ticked me was PW was extremely balanced, non cash players could afford gold while cash players was suppling them, no biggy, same as charms and angels, they were not dominating factors, BUT NOW?? cash players getting the rarest stuff int he game, getting mysterious chips to buy most of the rare items, while no cash players are maybe being able to afford maybe 2-3g without blowings more then 2m...if anything why not put a cap on the gold? maybe 250k so its affordable by non cash players an we all have a chance for what is obtainable. cash players were excelling in PW but barely, it was an even game but now CS players are rolling in money an rare stuff an for the non CS were stuck in the dust, Good-Bye TW's b:byeb:cryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    right now that i ahve that answer and ty GM and am sorry on behalf of spammers but am sure u can understand that LET IT BE KNOW THAT ****** aquired blah blah bla.

But anyway as i was saying u guys got any ideas where a lvl 22 veno might grind to get most exp and money am not too bothered if it's leets as long as it's not in instances ty in advance

quests will be your main source of experience until the 50-60 lvl range
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    GMs you said you would never sell TT mats in Cash shop, but selling these packs for 1 gold and trading the tokens in for TT100 mats you are in turn selling TT100 mats in Cash Shop

Since my thread got locked pls help explain this ;)
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • OOmesoOo - Heavens Tear
    OOmesoOo - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i'm not gonna complain about gold prices ..ppl here already did thier best b:surrender

just a question .. when the new classes will be available ? b:cute
    b:cute
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PWI is on sale, everything must go!!!
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have a friend in my guild who has been farming lunar for about 3 weeks now non-stop and just got enough mats for a green ring.

In half a day of this event 100s of players now are sporting gold lunar rings.

People have been farming for the Crit boots since they were able to reach thos maps in there cultivation.

In half a day there are people running around on the highest crit boots your can get.

cash shopers are now getting grade 14 items. they had an advantage before with there high refines. Now with the grade 14 items there high refine goes even further.

mystical chips are now a joke to get. Buying gold hh mats for endgame gear is now just a matter of spending money.

Grade 11 shards are now everywhere, soon you be seeing armor stacked with them.

The tomes people have are now better then any you can make in the game.

This game has been ruined, CashShoppers now have the clear advantage.

Gms have made another "great and exciting" update.

Thanks for the continued hard work on maintaining pwi to be the best for yourselves, way to look out for number one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • SnowFalling - Dreamweaver
    SnowFalling - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    pwi Is On Sale, Everything Must Go!!!

Rotflmao!!
  • Atheeni - Heavens Tear
    Atheeni - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Mkay there are way too many posts to go through but since the GMs are active in here I thought I'd post my 2 cents in hopes that the GMs don't cancel this event early.

I have been playing since closed beta and I gotta say this (and the x-mas event) is probably one of my favorites. I was really not looking forward to forking over almost a mil per flawless citrine for my new gear and now I can easily shard everything with around 200k a stone. On top of that the tokens of luck are at a pretty decent price too and are really handy since you can use them to make rep items, gems, pages for sage/demon skill books and all sorts of other useful items. I agree that the gold prices are a tad bit too much... at last check it's 320k a piece on HT... and unfortunately that's way more than I can afford. BUT on the bright side the resale items like the tokens of luck are still with in my reach. I just really really really hope that you don't take out the pack or close this event. Let it run all the way to Oct 1st. A lot of people don't seem to realize that this is just the first day. The excitement and demand won't last through the full 3 weeks and I for one am holding out stock piling of luck tokens until the price gets a bit lower (i.e. market is more saturated). Who knows maybe gold will simmer down a bit too, I mean how many insanely rich people on one server can there be? By the look of the complaints obviously only a select few. So theoretically speaking once those few richy riches have exhausted their life savings there will be less demand and the rest of us not so rich can have our go. Of course theory often differs from practice but I'm still banking on it.

So if anything please leave this event. It's a great idea and I think that as soon as the insanity calms down a bit everyone will be able to enjoy it.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Don't spam this thread, continued spam will lead to disciplinary action. It's fine if you don't have any feedback to add, but don't make pointless posts please

thank you for the feedback atheeni
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Don't spam this thread, continued spam will lead to disciplinary action. It's fine if you don't have any feedback to add, but don't make pointless posts please

thank you for the feedback atheeni

Can you please answer my question b:surrender
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • TlERNAN - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Mkay there are way too many posts to go through but since the GMs are active in here I thought I'd post my 2 cents in hopes that the GMs don't cancel this event early.

I have been playing since closed beta and I gotta say this (and the x-mas event) is probably one of my favorites. I was really not looking forward to forking over almost a mil per flawless citrine for my new gear and now I can easily shard everything with around 200k a stone. On top of that the tokens of luck are at a pretty decent price too and are really handy since you can use them to make rep items, gems, pages for sage/demon skill books and all sorts of other useful items. I agree that the gold prices are a tad bit too much... at last check it's 320k a piece on HT... and unfortunately that's way more than I can afford. BUT on the bright side the resale items like the tokens of luck are still with in my reach. I just really really really hope that you don't take out the pack or close this event. Let it run all the way to Oct 1st. A lot of people don't seem to realize that this is just the first day. The excitement and demand won't last through the full 3 weeks and I for one am holding out stock piling of luck tokens until the price gets a bit lower (i.e. market is more saturated). Who knows maybe gold will simmer down a bit too, I mean how many insanely rich people on one server can there be? By the look of the complaints obviously only a select few. So theoretically speaking once those few richy riches have exhausted their life savings there will be less demand and the rest of us not so rich can have our go. Of course theory often differs from practice but I'm still banking on it.

So if anything please leave this event. It's a great idea and I think that as soon as the insanity calms down a bit everyone will be able to enjoy it.

A nice way of putting what i was trying to say :)
    People who struggled to get decent gear will eventually be able to afford it from other players.
    How many weapons and Shards does one person actually need :)
    The end result of this event will be more people able to do the higher lvl instances, and compete in TW etc.

Surely this is good for the game longterm??
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Can you please answer my question b:surrender

I didn't say that, so I can't speak for anyone else. We're not just selling them though, they are a random in a chance box
This discussion has been closed.