v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Sunspot - Lost City
    Sunspot - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol at so many closed threads.

If I were them (edit: GMs) Id go the easy way. Just shut down the whole forums leaving some error-server-overload type of message for a day or two until things cool down.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Eatwith spoons it would help if you said something to me about what my theory is. That the economy is being ruined by gold sellers at this point. At least this is my conclusion about this. I found an article to read i'll post the link to it. It's all i could find about how gold sellers ruin the game economies. If anyone has a better one they should post it. I think it's good for people to learn what our economy is up against and what it is facing.

Also i think gm's suspect this is something that is happening as well.

http://my.mmosite.com/ajthebaka/blog/item/a31893d93eae0aea28ace3924b540abc.html
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    guys it is sooo funny to read it all

i got to say 1 thing about the gold prices....

u all blame GMs for this event. BUT there is still one fact GMs or the whole PWI crew r not making the prices for gold
    its still those who spend their reallife money to make it possible for other players to buy something from Cash Shop without using real life money.
    now come on what is worth more a few coins in a non real life game or dollars/euros or what ever in real life?
    so stop complaining about that. those who r complaining r just selfish.

and i think this event is great, now longterm players who r working their asses for months or a year off to get somethin so bad got finally the chance to get it.
    this has absolutely nothin to do with balancing or not

a tw guild owning half of the map got a lot of money now fight one of those is that more balanced than fighting someone spending a few bucks in this game to get something?

id say this event is a great chance for veterans to get finally a few things uve been working for so long in vain
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I didn't say that, so I can't speak for anyone else. We're not just selling them though, they are a random in a chance box

Still! You are selling TT mats/way to GET tt mats in Cash Shop. For I think like 60 USD.
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *block of text*.

Understatement much?b:shutup

I agree some of the pluses are cheaper shards etc. but the cons of this event are way bigger. The reason most people are so angry is because of the TT and lunar gear available if you spend enough.
    Now Cashshop users have an advantage that is unreasonable.
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • thekeeperofsecrets
    thekeeperofsecrets Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just wanted to say...

Thanks GM's and higher ups for the wonderful mount present and double exp coming up. Love it! Bet there was lot's of planning and meetings on plan of action for today, huh? *hears the Rocky Balboa training music from the night before and this morning* x] Thanks again and Happy PW Anniversary! Goodluck with keeping the forums in order! v^u^V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]And we shall Dance the Caramell Dance... Until the sun rises!

Meh-chan, Rye, and Inu. The League of Angels.. The panda is our pet ;3

[BEWARE:Armed and cute.]
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Gms have made another "great and exciting" update.

Thanks for the continued hard work on maintaining pwi to be the best for yourselves, way to look out for number one.

GM's or Mods dont create the updates or content. That is done by the developers. It would be nice if people at least realized that once and for all. To say that Gm's or mods ruined the game is just crazy when they are only doing their job.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    guys it is sooo funny to read it all

i got to say 1 thing about the gold prices....

u all blame GMs for this event. BUT there is still one fact GMs or the whole PWI crew r not making the prices for gold
    its still those who spend their reallife money to make it possible for other players to buy something from Cash Shop without using real life money.
    now come on what is worth more a few coins in a non real life game or dollars/euros or what ever in real life?
    so stop complaining about that. those who r complaining r just selfish.

id say this event is a great chance for veterans to get finally a few things uve been working for so long in vain
    rsin wrote: »
    GM's or Mods dont create the updates or content. That is done by the developers. It would be nice if people at least realized that once and for all. To say that Gm's or mods ruined the game is just crazy when they are only doing their job.

+10 QFT!!!

People do not understand this because they are only thinking about themselves and what they cannot have. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Still! You are selling TT mats/way to GET tt mats in Cash Shop. For I think like 60 USD.

That's a bit of a stretch, you're not even guaranteed to get any TT materials
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    Neokaiser - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm starting to think TIERNAN doesn't understand how powerful Lunar glade gear is...

Warsoul
    Rank VIII
    Lunar
    TT100/99
    TT90
    Frost City
    Legendary
    If I was a pro forum alt I'd be level 1 by now.
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I will try to give some constructive feedback.

This is a F2P game. As such, there must be some benefits to the company otherwise it would be a P2P game.

Benefits to company of F2P;
    - Higher player population increasing popularity (word of mouth)
    - Allows new players to 'try before you buy'
    - Should players spend money, they will recieve a noticable boost, compared to non cash users (incentive to use real money)
    - Greater market for items bought in CS by real money users

I am sure there are many more reasons.

With changes to the economy, brought on by this event, it has gone from being a challenge to play for free to being unenjoyable.

The F2P players, who are actually beneficial to the success of this game, have effectively been shut out.

I hope this isn't the case so I'll set up my cat shop 24/7 for the next month and see what happens after the dust settles. I am not hopeful though. I expect I'll have been left far far behind and that it will no longer be worth the effort to even attempt to catch up.
  • OOmesoOo - Heavens Tear
    OOmesoOo - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i'm not gonna complain about gold prices ..ppl here already did thier best b:surrender

just a question .. when the new classes will be available ? b:cute

can i have an answer b:bye
    b:cute
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    +10 QFT!!!

People do not understand this because they are only thinking about themselves and what they cannot have. b:surrender

It is the fact they said THEY WOULD NOT SALE TT mats/have any way of gettin TT/Lunar/Warsoul from Cash Shop that has gotten me mad
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • TlERNAN - Heavens Tear
    TlERNAN - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Understatement much?b:shutup

I agree some of the pluses are cheaper shards etc. but the cons of this event are way bigger. The reason most people are so angry is because of the TT and lunar gear available if you spend enough.
    Now Cashshop users have an advantage that is unreasonable.

Chips, lunar and Frost Gear, Mounts and more, from only the first day i have seen prices sink to affordable prices in game coin.

You don't have to buy the Gold in this event to benefit, you can buy the items off other players who do charge Zen.

In a couple of weeks things that were far out of reach for non cash shoppers will be way more easily obtainable.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    when pwi introduced chest of coins gold price went from 13xk-200k and GMs said it's only temporary and it'll be back to normal but i dont see that's happening instead it's an opposite.
    and now you even made this game more pointless to play
    CV wep took at least a month to farm one now you only need 1 gold and you'll have a chance to get it. Even lv 1 can get the best gears in the game
    GG
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    GOLD PRICES ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

The problem with this stupid event is that people are getting items that take months to farm with a click of a button.

csers now do not have to work for there endgame gear. It is now given to them with a shout from the duke to boot.

you could have spent all summer grinding in the past maps and not have the +3% crit boots. Now iv seen theme everywhere.

the low lvls are all happy Cheap shards!!!! double exp!!!!!

you guys have no idea how hard it is to get some of these items, how long it takes.

This event has just given to them..sure its chance...spend enough to and you WILL get it.

event is the worst idea yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is the fact they said THEY WOULD NOT SALE TT mats/have any way of gettin TT/Lunar/Warsoul from Cash Shop that has gotten me mad
    GOLD PRICES ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

The problem with this stupid event is that people are getting items that take months to farm with a click of a button.

csers now do not have to work for there endgame gear. It is now given to them with a shout from the duke to boot.

you could have spent all summer grinding in the past maps and not have the +3% crit boots. Now iv seen theme everywhere.

the low lvls are all happy Cheap shards!!!! double exp!!!!!

you guys have no idea how hard it is to get some of these items, how long it takes.

This event has just given to them..sure its chance...spend enough to and you WILL get it.

event is the worst idea yet.

not just that i can see people will able to get warsoul wep now with cash they can buy chips
    it's only the matter of time till mass production of warsoul wep
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Who will want to play on a server where everyone has have Lunar gear and G12 sharded gear?
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Right now is a great time to be a low lvl cause u dont have to worry about other ppl just urself and u get cheap gear but its no one near as good as the gear these ppl r getting it makes the CSer overpowered
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TlERNAN - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm starting to think TIERNAN doesn't understand how powerful Lunar glade gear is...

Warsoul
    Rank VIII
    Lunar
    TT100/99
    TT90
    Frost City
    Legendary

One last post before I kill myself for arguing on the Internet.

I fully understand how powerful these items are, what I'm saying is that now they will be obtainable a lot easier by non cash shoppers.

Of course big spenders will have an advantage, when have they not?
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

And even people who have farmed for long hours now have the same possibility to receive the same items in the same exact way.
  • SnowFalling - Dreamweaver
    SnowFalling - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Who will want to play on a server where everyone has have Lunar gear and G12 sharded gear?

Just the CSers, my friend. I've seen a few popping up in comments, more or less telling people nicely to, in my words, "deal with it." I think right now, they're the minority. Everyone is rightfully angry about this whole mess.
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @TIERNAN~a +6 refine and a Lunar Glade bow are a little different, how can you reach lv.94 and not know this?

@RSin~You seem to enjoy the fact that any actual gameplay has been thrown out the window.
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just finished updating to the recent patch and when I logged on and went to West Arch all I saw was S>Token or I Quit shops. Seems to me alot of people are down right angry. I was never to be the one to be angry at the game cause I love this game, but I am starting to think otherwise. I have been playing this game since Nov 2008 and when I found out that I was not able to celebrate PWI's birthday I was sad but not shocked.

Having PWI's player base having to pay to celebrate a birthday is not right. Its like me charging every single guest that comes to my birthday. The whole point of celebrating ones day of birth is a joyous occasion to be celebrated with friends and family, and alot of people have created strong bonds of friendship over the past year, and when its finally time to celebrate only the rich and powerful are allowed into the party. I look at it as a VIP Country Club where only certain people are allowed and who have bottlemless pockets.

Just because its a F2P game does not mean that you should treat your loyal players unfairly. Allowing older players to reap the rewards while newer players (Dreamweaver and Harshlands) get to sit out while everyone else has a good time.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    And even people who have farmed for long hours now have the same possibility to receive the same items in the same exact way.

Some people can't pay real money to buy these items. Some people like the challenge and effort put forth to get it, as it was originally intended in the game.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Having PWI's player base having to pay to celebrate a birthday is not right. Its like me charging every single guest that comes to my birthday. The whole point of celebrating ones day of birth is a joyous occasion to be celebrated with friends and family, and alot of people have created strong bonds of friendship over the past year, and when its finally time to celebrate only the rich and powerful are allowed into the party. I look at it as a VIP Country Club where only certain people are allowed and who have bottlemless pockets.

Just because its a F2P game does not mean that you should treat your loyal players unfairly. Allowing older players to reap the rewards while newer players (Dreamweaver and Harshlands) get to sit out while everyone else has a good time.

Yes! Thank you! Eloquently put!
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    +10 QFT!!!

thanx its just been the truth if ppl want to quit, over there is the door xD.

who will stop u?

perfectworld entertainment made so much money with this game tho it is free to play that they wont care if a few hundred of u quit ( remember this game has a few million players) do u even think u could change any GMs mind when u say " the economie sucks " " it is so unbalanced" " im gonna quit if things wont change "

still saying those who spend rl money in this game should have benefits. selling that gold to u is just lets say "polite" so u can buy somethin too no matter which gold prices.

if it was only me selling gold honestly i would sell 1 gold for 1 million coins but i would never sell with other players selling gold, in the end it is MY RL money i spend on this game not ur rl money. what r a few million coins? time nothin more the more time u spend on this game the more coins u have.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    GMs/mods are not to blame for this. look at spons posts... he must be overtired.

I've been reading this thread for a while... think I got the gist.

PWI Boss: Hi. As you know PWI is completing 1 year...
    PWE: yes sir.
    PWI Boss: Can you prepare an event.. a great event, not to be forgotten as commemoration?
    PWE: yes sir, of course. we have everything set and tested already. it will also have a cash shop item so you can have a party.
    PWI Boss: I... (thinks about the party) was planning something all PWI players could have...
    PWE: of course sir. we can make it so cheap and rewarding every player will buy and be happy.
    PWI Boss: excellent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • TlERNAN - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @TIERNAN~a +6 refine and a Lunar Glade bow are a little different, how can you reach lv.94 and not know this?

@RSin~You seem to enjoy the fact that any actual gameplay has been thrown out the window.

Stop replying to my post :) I'm tired now.

Gameplay hasn't been removed, you can still earn the weapon the old way.

And you miss my point on the weapons, of course a Lunar bow will beat a normal weapon, but if both have Lunar bows, then the cash shoppers ability to plus higher is only difference.

That is the same principle as now, so I fail to see the problem.
  • OOmesoOo - Heavens Tear
    OOmesoOo - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i'm not gonna complain about gold prices ..ppl here already did thier best b:surrender

just a question .. when the new classes will be available ? b:cute

plz if anyone knows b:surrender.. tell meeeeh
    b:cute
This discussion has been closed.