v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but in the end things have bacome cheaper

thinking back when i wanted to get a beautiful shard i had to spend 200 - 240 k and now? ive seen em for 50 k

very cheap if u ask me

and still if u guys complain that hard about those things..... i would still say is it ur real life money u spend or is it the money of other players?

in the end u dont pay a damn cent on this game its still the others

what r u doin? spending time to get the coins without paying rl money to get somethin others spend rl money on

i think it is still very fair economics

O=

So the very useful Beautiful Gem only costs 50K now? Maybe that is because G12s just got so much more common?

But really, that is a poor indicator of the state of the economy. In a real world analogy, Beautiful Gems are sort of a luxury...like Diamond Rings, the price of which doesn't really affect or at all indicate the well being of the populace. Gold Charms however, are like petroleum, and we just saw it quadruple over night.

You are right about the last part though. What you are suggesting, is that PWI has decided to completely discard its F2P Players. Is this better for the game? I think not, but only time will tell.
  • SnowFalling - Dreamweaver
    SnowFalling - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i dont know i I decide to sell gold for 400 k or if a GM tells me to sell the price for 400k ?

xD i think its still my own decision like i said i would sell gold for 1 million coins

I had a feeling you were one of the ones selling gold for some much by the attitude you had against those who are upset about how things are going.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ppl need to stop saying players set gold prices. Players DO NOT set the gold prices. Supply and demand economics is law of human nature. By manipulating a huge increase in demand without a comparative increase in supply, prices go up. So while a literal player might set the price of a single small stack of gold, its society as a whole that changes the overall average going rate. PWE is manipulating demand by putting items worth more then the current exchange rate of coins into the boutique. They first did it with the cash boxes (opened with hammers), and many time with JJ boxes (gotten from guardian angels). Now the Anniversary boxes are the most extreme example.

My suggestion to PWE, consider the value in game of the itmes you're putting into the game & analyze the projected effect. Its not hard. The Market analysts at PWE are making sure anything they do will generate real revenue, but ignoring the effect on a virtual economy.

I partially disagree. I'm 100% sure PWE studied the case but it wasn't PWI. It must be another PW version. I mean other PW servers make little profit and need some sort of help from PWE to be kept up. What happens here is just the very opposite... PWI has tons of players and to balance their costs they set higher gold pricing since the beginning. In other words, even though GMs want gold prices to drop every patch just makes it rise higher and higher. Though the revenue PWI make at these events is high I guess tendency is to drop sharply as it ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I had a feeling you were one of the ones selling gold for some much by the attitude you had against those who are upset about how things are going.

no im not a frequently gold seller

i only charge zen if i want to have somethin really bad

if i charge for 10 gold and what i want costs 3 gold....

well y not selling the rest for 1 million each?

its still been my own money i spend not the money of any other player.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I partially disagree. I'm 100% sure PWE studied the case but it wasn't PWI. It must be another PW version. I mean other PW servers make little profit and need some sort of help from PWE to be kept up. What happens here is just the very opposite... PWI has tons of players and to balance their costs they set higher gold pricing since the beginning. In other words, even though GMs want gold prices to drop every patch just makes it rise higher and higher. Though the revenue PWI make at these events is high I guess tendency is to drop sharply as it ends.

Yeah, but I don't discredit them so much as to think they're too dumb to realize that they keep introducing extremely cost effective cash shop items, without a proper in game coin sink to keep the price of gold from inflating.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but in the end things have bacome cheaper

thinking back when i wanted to get a beautiful shard i had to spend 200 - 240 k and now? ive seen em for 50 k

very cheap if u ask me

and still if u guys complain that hard about those things..... i would still say is it ur real life money u spend or is it the money of other players?

in the end u dont pay a damn cent on this game its still the others

what r u doin? spending time to get the coins without paying rl money to get somethin others spend rl money on

i think it is still very fair economics

I b:heart Vampy b:kiss
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well id like to have a patch rising all droprates of different items :)

or raise the npc selling prices for dq items or somethin would be an alternative
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I b:heart Vampy b:kiss

lol was that ironic? xD b:laugh
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just an idea...Release an update that no longer allows catshops in towns. Create an instance where everybody can go to catshop their goods. Those who are in the market have 1 place for buying and selling everything. those who quest wont be bothered with countless catshops laggin everywhere.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im just guessing we wont be getting an answer on what u guys r planning to do boo hoo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I dont think pw is tryin to rid its f2p players, its just giving those with the money more incentive to buy gold because it lets them have the easy way of getting insane weapons and gear. This also gimps the f2p players horribly because they cannot compete with those who take the easy way. Im not saying that pwi isnt trying to rid itself of f2p playersm i just think its a result of their "experiments" of supposedly trying to drain coins. as for right now, the only thing that will fix these massively jacked up prices is to:

1. make the anniversery boxes sold from npc (not happening)
    2. take control of gold prices (also not happening)
    3. take out the anniversery boxes (will happen in a month aka too long)
    4. multiply the drop rates of dq items so those who do not use boutique have a chance of keeping up. unfortunately this will probably keep gold prices at their current state, as people will be able to pay for them. hopefully this can happen...

I am fully aware that the game is 100% playable by ignoring the boutique and gold entirely, but all these sales are KINDA unbalencing the game b:sad
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Imma make one of the new races once it comes out :O I think it'll be pretty cool ya :3
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

PWE is a subsidiary of the parent company in Beijing (PW-China). The rest of the versions are not directly linked, but rather simply purchased licenses (i'm not saying they're illegal, they're quite legal). The PW company however does not handle their cash shop & marketting, they are more Franchises, rather then owned by the parent company (this is why its ok to mention Jade Dynasty here, yet PW-other-country can not be mentioned as that is a seperate companies game. Not to mention, this is a PWI specific anniversary. The anniversary pack isnt going on right now in other versions. Any of their research is PWE/I only.
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

or raise the npc selling prices for dq items or somethin would be an alternative

you beat me b:sad lol
    Reane-archer-82
    Abby_G-assassin-57
    edited September 2009
    Options

more DQ drops = more players making coins = more players buying gold = more inflaction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I am fully aware that the game is 100% playable by ignoring the boutique and gold entirely, but all these sales are KINDA unbalencing the game b:sad

See, there is a limit to what I would call playable. If farming mats all day is playing, then please have fun. (I know I exaggerate.)
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yes, because a huge increase in the influx of game coin is just what'll stop mass inflation.

/end sarcasm
  • bigjohn1
    bigjohn1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    anniversary boxes rock awesome lunar godly magic ring for me
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A real solution (Which will never be implemented) is to have an NPC that sells useful Cash Shop items at reasonable amounts of In Game Coin. Gold Charms 400K, Angels 50K. Otherwise this game is just unplayable to the average F2Per.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    higher droprate would at least solve the problem for those having the problem :

10 mil chi but no money
    edited September 2009
    Options
    no im not a frequently gold seller

i only charge zen if i want to have somethin really bad

if i charge for 10 gold and what i want costs 3 gold....

well y not selling the rest for 1 million each?

its still been my own money i spend not the money of any other player.

Why not sell the rest for 1 million each? You just proved the fact that it's greedy players who are ruining the economy of this game.
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    more DQ drops = more players making coins = more players buying gold = more inflaction

true this will happen but what im trying to suggest is that they increase dq worth or drop rate so they can match the current gold prices like when the gold prices were originally 100k. example: old gold = 100k and dq drop is 20% new gold = 400k so gnew drop rate = 30%? its a small gain, but i think that dq drop rate should vary in proportion to the price gold is selling. (sorry im kinda bad at explaining)
    Reane-archer-82
    Abby_G-assassin-57
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why not sell the rest for 1 million each? You just proved the fact that it's greedy players who are ruining the economy of this game.

if u have a problem with that charge ur own zen :)
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    higher droprate would at least solve the problem for those having the problem :

10 mil chi but no money

No it wouldn't.

That is like printing more money in case of hyperinflation. Ask the 1930's Germans what happened.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if u have a problem with that charge ur own zen :)

Because I am playing FREE. To. Play. Game. If I wanted to pay to play the game, I would play [removed] Good heavens, I was referring to the game, not advertising for it.

Needless to say, you, vampy are in the minority of those who are posting legit complaints. Charging 1 million for gold and no one is saying anything about that, even when you've admitted it? Wow... that's crazy.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No it wouldn't.

That is like printing more money in case of hyperinflation. Ask the 1930's Germans what happened.

acting like a supergenius hm?

accidently i am from germany lol xD

anyway npc prices for skills wont change, droprate for dq items is higher = more things to sell = more cash = money for skills

got nothin to do with gold prices
  • EXPLODEBEAR - Dreamweaver
    EXPLODEBEAR - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Because I am playing FREE. To. Play. Game. If I wanted to pay to play the game, I would play [removed]

And that's exactly it. You're playing for free, you get no say in how we spend our money, in-game or otherwise.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A real solution (Which will never be implemented) is to have an NPC that sells useful Cash Shop items at reasonable amounts of In Game Coin. Gold Charms 400K, Angels 50K. Otherwise this game is just unplayable to the average F2Per.

This really is the best solution. It would become a consistant coin drain from the economy. This game lacks ways of handing money to NPCs (thus removing it from circulation) once you hit the 80s and have bought most all of your skills. If they want to keep offering cash shop sales, then the only way to keep Non-CSers is a method such as this. Those 2 items seem to be the most required (and yes, to do some instances, such as Belial in 2-3, Rebirth Dealta, etc, charms ARE required) and GAs are required to not lose all your stuff in PK (and yes all the ones who couldnt use GAs anymore would flee the game when they lose all their valuable things).

So double benefit, in providing a coin drain in the economy, and helping with at least the most required currently cash shop only items.

p.s. To all that say Non-CSers are leeching, how much gold have CSers sold to Non-CSers for mounts, flyers, fashions, resets, socket stones & orbs, etc. If Non-CSers all left, you couldnt ever sell your coin, as CSers get their own gold. Non-CSers increase the demand for gold, and as such do help to generate revenue for PWE, and PWE needs to consider Non-CSers in their decisions.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    true this will happen but what im trying to suggest is that they increase dq worth or drop rate so they can match the current gold prices like when the gold prices were originally 100k. example: old gold = 100k and dq drop is 20% new gold = 400k so gnew drop rate = 30%? its a small gain, but i think that dq drop rate should vary in proportion to the price gold is selling. (sorry im kinda bad at explaining)

That would work in a great way if the most important cash shop items (like angels and charms) were sold for coins by some NPC. The problem is that it would sever an important part of PWI revenue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Options
    Because I am playing FREE. To. Play. Game. If I wanted to pay to play the game, I would play [removed] Good heavens, I was referring to the game, not advertising for it.

Needless to say, you, vampy are in the minority of those who are posting legit complaints. Charging 1 million for gold and no one is saying anything about that, even when you've admitted it? Wow... that's crazy.

if u play for free then dont complain about what ppl do with their money :)

u cant tell me that u go out of ur door and give to the first guy or maybe the second guy just 100 bucks in his hand cause u r in a good mood xD
This discussion has been closed.