v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's a difficult one to solve, but it is still solvable.

If the GM's take no action and hope it 'calms down' they're gonna lose non-CS users because of the huge unbalance, and then they'll lose CS-users who will become bored playing an easy game with their OPed gear.

If the GM's do a rollback, they'd probably need to refund peoples credit cards/debit cards etc. to avoid doing something illegal. They'd also need to act fast to avoid losing too many people.

nothing illegal read the ToS (i think)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mount is nice but anyone notice how we get no GM events? some anniversary monster spawn, assault on arch, drops from mobs something? nope its all about selling anniversary packs, sad pw just sadb:sad

You mean like my video contest? or like the events that we haven't announced for this month yet? please take a second to think about it before jumping to conclusions
  • Midnight - Lost City
    Midnight - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    too lazy to edit but a couple typos in my last reply >_> u guys know what i meant
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Due to the event alot of things have now decreased in value... tremendously: G6/G7 shards and Apocalypse pages to name a few.

The Dev's thinking up more and more ways for us not to make in-game coin.
  • Midnight - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    spoon i have just one question. Does PWE have the capabilty to rollback one day and return money?
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Can a gm at least in game give us the opportunity to turn off system messages until duke either loses his voice or blows a circuit?

The solid wave of red is not helping anyone do anything.

SOrry I promised no more messages,,, but everyone is getting very ticked off on dreamweaver and out of a faction of over 100 very active kids, my faction now has 5 members on at the most thanks to duke's messages....

Its impossible to play with the huge red swarm...
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You mean like my video contest? or like the events that we haven't announced for this month yet? please take a second to think about it before jumping to conclusions

I think there would be a lot of fun things to celebrate one year but started off on the wrong foot well worse then a foot tried walking on ur head b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wanna fix this and make every player happy. Just make it level based for every level you have give 2-5 gifts, That way everyone can enjoy them. Remove the lunar/FF weapons from the packs, and lets just enjoy the game, for the birthday of Perfect world make every cloth, and mount etc discount by 25%-50% and make alot of money in the process. These packs are nice, but its just that alot of us has worked months and months to get our items, to help friends, other players etc. With this, its not fair, I really would like to buy things from the cash shop, but not if its going to give me items for free, that I don't even need to lift a finger to get, except open my wallet and punch in my credit card numbers.

There is alot of ways to go about this, make it quest related, level based, make it where we all just get the same amount and as a gift. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    just stop this fcken event be4 u lose more players.

edit: you don't care about the players anyway..it's all about da $$$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TlERNAN - Heavens Tear
    TlERNAN - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm tired so will probably start talking rubbish...

Not Everyone can spend 5 hours in a dungeon to farm mats everyday, if they are willing to support the game by spending real money, why not, give them the chance to get there hands on some decent gear.

To those that complain they spent months farming the mats, I say well done you, be happy you earnt your item.

My only concern with the new packs is there is no actual rare item left, on most games when you reach highest lvls trying to obtain the rare items becomes the only real reason left to continue playing.

I'll carry on playing, and keep trying to get the best gear and items, and make my way to the rankings, at least if people do leave because of this I'll be one step closer to the top :)
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    we've already taken note of the Duke Blacke and we're looking into solutions
  • SnowFalling - Dreamweaver
    SnowFalling - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wanna fix this and make every player happy. Just make it level based for every level you have give 2-5 gifts, That way everyone can enjoy them. Remove the lunar/FF weapons from the packs, and lets just enjoy the game, for the birthday of Perfect world make every cloth, and mount etc discount by 25%-50% and make alot of money in the process. These packs are nice, but its just that alot of us has worked months and months to get our items, to help friends, other players etc. With this, its not fair, I really would like to buy things from the cash shop, but not if its going to give me items for free, that I don't even need to lift a finger to get, except open my wallet and punch in my credit card numbers.

There is alot of ways to go about this, make it quest related, level based, make it where we all just get the same amount and as a gift. :)

Yes! Exactly this!!
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the only problem with this is the spam really blocks out all forms of communication
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm tired so will probably start talking rubbish...

Not Everyone can spend 5 hours in a dungeon to farm mats everyday, if they are willing to support the game by spending real money, why not, give them the chance to get there hands on some decent gear.

To those that complain they spent months farming the mats, I say well done you, be happy you earnt your item.

My only concern with the new packs is there is no actual rare item left, on most games when you reach highest lvls trying to obtain the rare items becomes the only real reason left to continue playing.

I'll carry on playing, and keep trying to get the best gear and items, and make my way to the rankings, at least if people do leave because of this I'll be one step closer to the top :)

Its not decent gear its some of the best there is a big difference lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    there's no way to make everyone happy. PW can either make CS players happy or F2P players relieved. spoony is upset because more flame is to come... wonder why
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Kyon - Lost City
    Kyon - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know I'm a newb but what token in this event gives you these game breaking weapons and how many tokens do you need for them?
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    we've already taken note of the Duke Blacke and we're looking into solutions
    how about putting him in COMMON chat asap. deal with him that was temperrly (at least for few days) then come up with a real solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Midnight - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i guess spoon will just ignore my posts....eh nvm what did i expect
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know I'm a newb but what token in this event gives you these game breaking weapons and how many tokens do you need for them?

you need a lot
  • ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver
    ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    just stop this fcken event be4 u lose more players.

edit: you don't care about the players anyway..it's all about da $$$

they can work countless hours to stop the event now but either way we now have cash players who have some of the rarest an top gear now, how are we suppose to match up with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • majero
    edited September 2009
    Options

You have a chance of getting a rare item from the anniversary packs.
  • a2shuzy2
    a2shuzy2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The Ideas are really nice and it should really bring down the economy and the coins that circulates in PWI. However, I believe it is a bit too much to put some of the rare item as a gift (1 dollar). One may spend 1000 dollars or one may spend 1 dollar but this is not that important. The important fact is that some of the rare items do not belong to the gift quest.
    Furthermore, I will enjoy this event as much I can because I will also buy some golds and try my luck. However, I feel really sorry for those who worked really hard for some of the items and also the coins. 2 lucky = 10 m. wow!

Anyways thank you in a way to create an easy way to make coins and allow users to enjoy the game more easier environment but on the other hand.. what about the people who worked hard until this event.

Hopefully this will all just fade out like the "pigment coin bug".
    edited September 2009
    Options
    majero wrote: »
    You have a chance of getting a rare item from the anniversary packs.

A "Chance" out of a pack you have to pay real money for.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options

you're guaranteed to get one of the items on the list, i don't think the main gripe is with the price
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Can a gm at least in game give us the opportunity to turn off system messages until duke either loses his voice or blows a circuit?

The solid wave of red is not helping anyone do anything.

SOrry I promised no more messages,,, but everyone is getting very ticked off on dreamweaver and out of a faction of over 100 very active kids, my faction now has 5 members on at the most thanks to duke's messages....

Its impossible to play with the huge red swarm...

All my friends on sanctuary are mad about "Duke shouts". Ive heard enough about their friends being mad and their friend's friends being mad. It is very difficult to chat in faction chat or squad chat when your trying to set up squads for quests. nobody wants to scroll thru a dozen duke shouts between messages. An option to Pk duke would be hilarious.
  • TlERNAN - Heavens Tear
    TlERNAN - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Its not decent gear its some of the best there is a big difference lol

I bought some packs and got no reward better than a Best token, I couldn't care if others got Lunar or Frost items.
    I'll play the game, and farm for those items I need, or get lucky and save some time.
    People should play there own games and not worry so much what others have or don't have.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't think the main gripe is with the price
    indeed, the main gripe is we can no longer effectively communicate with each other
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • majero
    edited September 2009
    Options

~400k for a box.

But ya, the cash shoppers just need to spend $1
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you're guaranteed to get one of the items on the list, i don't think the main gripe is with the price

No, what gets me is, for a lucky token to have any affect, you have to have at LEAST five of them. They're selling for 25K a piece in the overcrowded, overspammed area around any banker. It's a mess to even try to go into archersaur. If I had a request, I would say to make it where people cannot set up shop so close to an NPC. (Or heck, even on top of one) And to move the PW agent away from the banker and in a more remote area so people can get through town without a major lag.
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    While you grind 10 hours and cause more traffic costs, they charge zhen in order to get money. When I started to play it was wonderful seeing gold for 120k but I was almost certain that it will not stay the same if the game wants to survive.

Cant just blame people who charge zhen, the players just as much at fault if not more so are those who get stupid amounts of ingame gc a week (from tw pay for example), they cause the gold prices to go up,since they have the ingame coin not to worry about the gold price and can afford to pay 300k +

Who do you think buys the gold from the AH, the people who just put it in ?
This discussion has been closed.