v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    The reason is simple. Many of those mentioned items are those things which people need to play the game. Having them as being something which is only available through gold, and having gold prices increase significantly with every "sale" only means that people aren't as able to maintain their playing of the game without having to shell out many times more than they were paying for a p2p game. It's fine for nice bits of bling to be expensive, but it's not nice when people who are unable to spend $50 a month, or who are just starting can't afford those things which allow them to continue to play.

People can play without gold, without cashshop items etc. Gold and boutique only make things easier and ppl seem to love the easy way out more often then other. Ive played for almost a year now, lv78 and never used a charm or GA yet. Ive tanked fb19-69 without needing charms. Sure it may be harder but that is the challenge of the game. Its boring with no challenges. Ive had millions of coin at times because i chose to not buy gold or boutiques items.
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    People rely on those items because they want. Its been proven that those items are not even necessary at all. Maybe it takes a little more work or challenge but anyone can progress in game without them.
    On a PvP server, Dolls/GAs are basically compulsory, possibly charms too

Try and do Rebirth (especially Gamma/Delta) without a hp/mp charm
    Try do certain TTs or other high level Instances (usually barbs/clerics) without a charm

There's alot more, but alot has already been said in this thread if you've been reading at all

EDIT: and now with lunar equips available in those packs, it just basically means you'd better get them otherwise you're gona be screwed/obselete in PvP/TWs
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mind showing what you 2 and your close friends earned since event started?

Ummm....no idea who that alt is and second I have not been in game since server shut-down last nite.

<----working
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

the fact that CS items aren't 'neccesary for pve'

Ah, but they are even necessary for PVE in instances!

Mana Charms: If your cleric doesn't have them then you'll struggle. No, it wont simply "take a little more work", you WILL struggle, if its even possible to make it at all.

HP Charms: If your werebeast doesn't have one, the slightest lag spike, the simplest mistakes, those two seconds of quick afk to answer the phone (etc) can kill him.

Gold prices are very important for both PVE and PVP
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People who did get the free mount, cant sell it. Its bound to char. Other then this its UGLY! You are right, it looks evil...but freaking ugly evil.

...i think GMs wouldnt read that many threads. Damage is done...like always.

Awwww man...I'd like one of those. It'll probably become a CS item after this whole anniversary thing is over. If not, oh well. Thanks for the reply.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    Ikens - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't know why people are QQing so much b:shutup

True, things that have taken months to achieve like the Lunar weapons are now a lot "easier" to get than before but for PW it seems better to make 50 people mad about that issue than losing thousands that can't farm instances and retire because they can hardly get their endgame-gear. This whole event favors the masses and not the elite players, like it sooner or later happens in every mmorpg I've played so far. Stop wasting 10+ hours in front of the pc - you will always lose in the end b:chuckle

Be happy that there is a lot more cool items in game for everyone now b:victory
  • SnowFalling - Dreamweaver
    SnowFalling - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh hai there, So I heard you've never done this thing called Twilight Temple...

I can destroy the underlined sentence with 4 words, you ready?

Ancient Evil: Lethal Vengeance.

^^This. XD
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And i could prove u wrong try apo powders b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mind showing what you 2 and your close friends earned since event started?

I agree with them and I can show you what I got. Jack and squat on all characters. I don't/won't particpate except the double XP but it's cause I would have to not log in to miss that....wait...one of my squad mates at 1:30 AM game time picked up some seasme oil for venos and my veno got it!
  • rsin
    edited September 2009
    Options
    On a PvP server, Dolls/GAs are basically compulsory, possibly charms too

Try and do Rebirth (especially Gamma/Delta) without a hp/mp charm
    Try do certain TTs or other high level Instances (usually barbs/clerics) without a charm

There's alot more, but alot has already been said in this thread if you've been reading at all

EDIT: and now with lunar equips available in those packs, it just basically means you'd better get them otherwise you're gona be screwed/obselete in PvP/TWs

from a pvp point of view i can understand. rebirth is not necessary..its a want, TW is not necessary either to progress in game. Those who play for the necessary quests do not need such items. I dont rebirth/ TW/PvP at all so i dont need charms or GA. Im not saying that other situations dont need those items. Im just speaking on behalf of my own experiences.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This whole event favors the masses and not the elite players
    Wrong, it largely favors those who are; already rich, in dominant guilds or those who spend a lot real cash.

If the mass player base if one of those, well then you wouldn't be seeing so many complaints now would you.

Few of my friends have quit, they're in their 50s-80s, they quit simply because they can't keep up with the things going on and how large an advantage cash shop users get, and as mentioned a few times already; the gap is getting way too large, they feel that there really isn't any point if all you need is little effort and a fat wallet.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    from a pvp point of view i can understand. rebirth is not necessary..its a want, TW is not necessary either to progress in game. Those who play for the necessary quests do not need such items. I dont rebirth/ TW/PvP at all so i dont need charms or GA. Im not saying that other situations dont need those items. Im just speaking on behalf of my own experiences.

Thank you for stating that your opinion is not representative of the players community as a whole.

If you do not do any of the above, how do you get to enjoy the whole gaming experience? Isn't the point of playing a game to experience it as a whole to meet the challenges and enjoy overcoming them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wrong, it largely favors those who are; already rich, in dominant guilds or those who spend a lot real cash.
    *snip*
    there really isn't any point if all you need is little effort and a fat wallet.
    I couldn't really agree more, the ritch get richer and those that don't pay lose out on just about everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The mana charm argument that has been brought up as a necessity for cleric would be resolved if they didn't make Blue Bubble put you in attack mode and therefor have reduced mana regen. This would mean that charms for anyone would not be a necessity for most runs. I.e. cleric doesn't NEED an mp charm because they could use apoth pots to keep BB going for a run making farming more important. Or if cleric does not have BB the barb or tank needs a charm if cleric is just healing. If BB didn't reduce mana regen then clerics would use BB more and other tanks would have less of a need for charms in TT runs etc. It would make the use of charms not mandatory as it is now for some classes, but more of a convienece item as cash hsop items should be.

Sorry for the side-bar but since it was mentioned thought I'd mention the solution to the issue.
  • rsin
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thank you for stating that your opinion is not representative of the players community as a whole.

If you do not do any of the above, how do you get to enjoy the whole gaming experience? Isn't the point of playing a game to experience it as a whole to meet the challenges and enjoy overcoming them?

I enjoy it just fine for the time that I play. its relaxing. I dont do the things that arent needed to progress in the game because I enjoy the gaming experience that i get from the things I do. Not everybody needs the whole full content experience to enjoy the game.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I couldn't really agree more, the ritch get richer and those that don't pay lose out on just about everything

Problem is, the majority of the 'ritch' are those who charge a ton of Zen, which means devs may not be so bothered about losing the F2P players......

The game has been **** for cash b:sad

EDIT: Rumble, that would mean devs lose out on Zen sales :O
    no chance of that happening
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • lhmule
    lhmule Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wanna fix it?
    Take the aniverssary packs out the cash shop. Make them drop from random mobs instead. Cap the gold price.
    This needs too be done immedatly. Servers been up 14 hours now an every minute of time gets another lunar item in the hands of somebody thats just opened his or her wallet/purse.
    I had really high hopes for this update and was excited about the new mounts. The time I spent playing PW is now wasted. I spent 12 months here. It took myself and a close friend 3 months too get some TT90 gear. It was fun. It was hard work.
    I charged alot of zen over the last few months. I feel every penny is now wasted and 12 months of my life is down the drain.
    I hope you can get the issues addressed as soon as possible. I also hoped i'd be playing PW until the servers where shut down due to the age of the game.
    Untill the advantage gap is reduced i wont be playing PW.
  • mekkan90
    mekkan90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    To be honest, after this event this game will be so unbalanced, ESPECIALLY for people in the pvp servers.
    What about thoose people who cant afford to buy Anniversary packs? now when everyone is buying and buying people will be able to get molds and high leveled shards to easily, it will be impossible to compare with other people on pvp, and not only that ALL the RB rules will also get changed, people will actually start saying "well u have to have more hp now get a level 7 hp shard or a level 9"(that was just an example)but that just happened with the genie skills like the genie skill alpha male, before bms didnt need alpha male in rbs but now out of nowhere You have to have it or else u wont get in a rb squad.

seriously people will be to inferior , if i fight a person in TW who is maybe 2 levels under me and just have molds with high leveled shards JUST because that it was so cheap to buy a bunch of level 7 gems and combine them into level 9 or 10 with the packs he/she would beat my **** so easily.

MOST IMPORTANT PART!

I mean if this really is perfectworlds birthday and you truly care about your members like your loyal ones who started to play this game over a year ago then why would you even make a event that that requires real money? why not make something for everybody so the game could atleast be alittle more balanced, to be honest its not fair and im getting pretty frustrated that i might actually quit this game, and alot of people are also thinking about it.

A SOLUTION

you could wait 1 month with the new classes and start a new server after this event, i bet that would make alot of members happy, specially the players who cant afford to buy theese things from this event.
    you guys can really make good games i like what you've done with perfectworld specially when its a free game but you guys should really plan alot if you want your members to be happy
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah i understand things need to be done right i just hate waiting QQ lol (wishing i knew what would happen)

**edit** adding a server is harder then u think though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I enjoy it just fine for the time that I play. its relaxing. I dont do the things that arent needed to progress in the game because I enjoy the gaming experience that i get from the things I do. Not everybody needs the whole full content experience to enjoy the game.

That's why I started off thanking you for stating that your opinion is not representative of the players community.

Your needs may be another man's wants. Another man's needs may be your wants. Selective perception. Very useful tool in marketing.

You say PO-TAH-TOE, I say PO-TAY-TOE.

It's the variety of personalities and characters that makes this world so colorful. If everyone were to think and does the same, the world would be a much more peaceful place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would like to see some sort of reply, soon. This is getting out of hand.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would like to see some sort of reply, soon. This is getting out of hand.

Any reply we give will be met with flames, we're taking player input right now
  • Midnight - Lost City
    Midnight - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:byeredsrose
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mount is nice but anyone notice how we get no GM events? some anniversary monster spawn, assault on arch, drops from mobs something? nope its all about selling anniversary packs, sad pw just sadb:sad
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    Neokaiser - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's a difficult one to solve, but it is still solvable.

If the GM's take no action and hope it 'calms down' they're gonna lose non-CS users because of the huge inbalance, and then they'll lose CS-users who will become bored playing an easy game with their OPed gear.

If the GM's do a rollback, they'd probably need to refund peoples credit cards/debit cards etc. to avoid doing something illegal. They'd also need to act fast to avoid losing too many people.
    If I was a pro forum alt I'd be level 1 by now.
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    Ikens - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

If the mass player base if one of those, well then you wouldn't be seeing so many complaints now would you.

Few of my friends have quit, they're in their 50s-80s, they quit simply because they can't keep up with the things going on and how large an advantage cash shop users get, and as mentioned a few times already; the gap is getting way too large, they feel that there really isn't any point if all you need is little effort and a fat wallet.

I agree it gives the rich people an advantage. More or less a heavy advantage which is most significant in pvp. Then again, those people pay for this game while you do not. While you grind 10 hours and cause more traffic costs, they charge zhen in order to get money. When I started to play it was wonderful seeing gold for 120k but I was almost certain that it will not stay the same if the game wants to survive.

Though I think that everyone can somehow profit from this situation in various ways. Just don't expect to buy charms this month b:surrender
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:surrender freaking flamers well spoons u GMs and mods have controlled this spam pretty well hope for an answer soon *checks PM box* b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Midnight - Lost City
    Midnight - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Best solution imo would be a rollback and refund of money and maybe adjust the packs and remove the stuff like lunar equips. i spent over a month farming my bow. Elayne has spent months farming a half yes i said a half(not even done yet) of his end game helm to have to log in and see ppl being handed them for a dollar. Yoshiki spent time farming his lunar wep and ahaa and the lsit goes on. remove hardwork and replace with simple money is the way to increase ur fanbase on a F2P game? let be real~
  • Forsakensin - Dreamweaver
    Forsakensin - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    there has been input, and i know it will take more than a few hours to fix this major **** up, but if nothing gets done about it that will just re enforce the player base leaving because of the unstable gameplay
    Sarcasm is the best answer for idiots
This discussion has been closed.