v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well most ppl r complaining about the game and wanting to leave so i say let them go less QQ more pew pew b:cute.

Also do what i do when a new patch comes out go farming or grind or something just to chill and let things settle because if no one buys the gold they will go down b:cute.

Also u dont need CS items to enjoy this game and u need veyr little to be good at it. MP charms u dont need it get MP recovery gear and throw a few pots and u can throw BB just like u had a charm.

So ppl less complaining more looking forward to the new classes u were all wanting b:cute

Personally I'm not that affected this event, but it completely screws over all of the high levels who farmed TT and lunar for hundreds of hours to get their gear since some random person can just open a pack and get a lunar weapon or a G12 gem. I mean this event is great for lower level players, but I just don't see why PW had to **** off and make most of the 90+ players quit.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    narc0tix wrote: »
    See but its too late Spoons. You cant just remove stuff from the box, becuz people have already gotten the sutfff you would "remove" thus making it even more unfair. My advice: Stick it out.

Not that stuff is going to change instantly but I still need to know the concerns.
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    See but its too late Spoons. You cant just remove stuff from the box, becuz people have already gotten the sutfff you would "remove" thus making it even more unfair. My advice: Stick it out.

Which item did you win? b:laugh
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

ROFL

10charmothafkaaa
  • Demonlackey - Sanctuary
    Demonlackey - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i was just curious i noticed i didn't get a special mount and my highest character is level 12 is there a level you have to be to get it
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Also.. someone please choke Dukeb:shocked
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Forget random drops from mobs, giving EVERYBODY access to endgame things does not make our achievements suddenly have value again.

1 box should haven been sent to every person who's been here for the year and that's the end of it. Even if people got lunar weapons/gear that way it wouldn't cause nearly as much quitting.
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

There is a specific item i want from the boxes and i plan to spend money on them until i get it. Yes it is a CV weapo and possibly accesory if my budget allows. Flame if you want but some people arent cheap lechers who complain about a free game, and actually like to support a good game when they see one.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Honestly I think the box is fine. And i haven't bought a single one. If people want to spend money on the "chance" to get something awesome. Let them. You could open 100 and get nothing but tokens. Or open one and get a lunar weapon. Okay. Same with RL lottery. And people still play the lottery.

Even if a level 10 got a super rare weapon they have months of playing ahead of them before they could even use it. By then new stuff will be available. And the cycle will continue.

I like the fact that if I decide to buy the box I have a "chance" of getting something great. Its like my B-Day too. Well except I have to pay for my own presents but still.....

If anything the time of availability for the boxes should be limited. Not a month. Two weeks tops. Perhaps just one week.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Forget random drops from mobs, giving EVERYBODY access to endgame things does not make our achievements suddenly have value again.

1 box should haven been sent to every person who's been here for the year and that's the end of it. Even if people got lunar weapons/gear that way it wouldn't cause nearly as much quitting.

I agree with that...

Not to mention people who want random drops of the box just seem like those who refuse to pay for it but want all the goodness from it.

Which is besides the point there are poeple who actually dislike the idea of CV/Lunar items been CS whor'd. Not just people who are to cheap to buy a box.
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

lol

I still can't believe so many of these rare/hard to get items are being given out like candy.

Can't wait to see the first $1 cube necklace.
    edited September 2009
    Options

hmm correct it could have j ust been give out with the mounts. maybe that could be done with a rollback? it is an "anniversery box" it should have can with the anniversery mount
    Retired Sage.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not that stuff is going to change instantly but I still need to know the concerns.

Put a sock in Duke's mouth? Way to much chat spam.

I say honestly keep the rest as is. Fix the problems for the next event before releasing it.
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There is a specific item i want from the boxes and i plan to spend money on them until i get it. Yes it is a CV weapo and possibly accesory if my budget allows. Flame if you want but some people arent cheap lechers who complain about a free game, and actually like to support a good game when they see one.

A good game wouldn't have done this...As for cheap leachers I spent last of my money on these boxes b:victory i got them crappy best of luck token things. Still haven't decided what I want from 'em either.

The problem is, people shouldn't be able to CS a bloody CV weapon. If they can, they should just add them to the CS and be done with it.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well...half of my friend list is leaving...

as everybody predicted...

ok for the gems, ok for the mounts...but the weapoons and armor are just too much...people used to save up money to be able to get a realy rare weapoon, and spent hours on the game because of that, and now they're feeling stupid coz other people get the same thing by luck.

It's not fair Developers, GMs, and whoever has control over this...it's not fair...and people are leaving...now in this moments :P

PWI is commiting suicide on it's own birthdayb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Midnight - Lost City
    Midnight - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Spoons i see your trying hard but there is no dodging it. you guys(not mods etc) have officially broke the game. this is another level beyond dumb. you guys may have pulled a record of fastest decling fanbase i have ever seen. Im trying to keep playing but seeing some1 spend 1 dollar to get a weapon i spent a month farming is the lulz. Gratz Pwi the only thing u could do to fix this is go back a dya and return money to people's accounts which u won't do. But i do love how gms try to make it sound like its not that bad haha
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Put a sock in Duke's mouth? Way to much chat spam.

I say honestly keep the rest as is. Fix the problems for the next event before releasing it.

actually next time you do an event how about telling us full out about it no secrets and we'll point out what you should leave off, mi ght save everyone some time.
    Retired Sage.
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    By the time it will be "fixed" game economy will go to hell.
    Stop complaining and move on, if you don't like it then don't play.
    The GM's will never listen and even if miracle happens it will be to late.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    actually next time you do an event how about telling us full out about it no secrets and we'll point out what you should leave off, mi ght save everyone some time.
    and save and the company half thier fanbase.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Spoons i see your trying hard but there is no dodging it. you guys(not mods etc) have officially broke the game. this is another level beyond dumb. you guys may have pulled a record of fastest decling fanbase i have ever seen. Im trying to keep playing but seeing some1 spend 1 dollar to get a weapon i spent a month farming is the lulz. Gratz Pwi the only thing u could do to fix this is go back a dya and return money to people's accounts which u won't do. But i do love how gms try to make it sound like its not that bad haha

For those who don't know, this level 100 archer is Midnight of Conqueror guild, one of the people who spent months working towards the Lunar Glade archer bow, only to have it devalued so harshly.

It's really disappointing.. b:sad
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so the price point for the box is too low, I doubt we could raise that because people would not be happy.

Other concerns: armor, chips, some tome concerns.

Items that seem OK for the box: mounts, mount speed items, Bank/Inventory stones, Guardian Angels, Scrolls, Mijis

I know I don't have it all here but this is the gist of the primary concerns that I'm seeing

EDIT: please don't quote whole posts, if someone has already posted here I have read their concerns, what I need now is additional concerns

Hiya Spoons.

What myself and I believe most of the community is trying to say is that fashion and common CS items are fine for the box we wouldn't even mind the gems, perhaps with a rare chance.

However the gear that is being given out is stuff that takes people months to get.

Lunar was something I looked forward along with frostcovered. And to see these items commonly being given out for 1$ is very upsetting.
    A lot of my friends want to quit because they feel they have nothing to acomplish that someone can't come along and get lucky and recieve.

The gems, and gear in the boxes are suspected to cause a huge PVP imbalance,a long with disturbing the already shaky economic situation.

As far as solid numbers goes. I had been logged in for about two hours, and I've seen many lunar and frost components be shouted from the duke. Needless to say this is very upsetting to players who work for months, trying to get that hard to get gear.

It's more than for the stats, it's for the feeling of working hard and getting an immense reward.

We aren't mad at the difficult level being cut for some of these things like frost lands. But having them released in a cash shop fashion?

Why work hard for something, when a level 1 player can get lucky and buy it?

The gears, insane matts, and chips need to stay items you work for. The fashion and common CS make great additions for a 1 dollar box. And even the jewels would be okay with an extreme rare chance form the boxes.

However I fear this for a month will cause people to leave, considering the world chat on the harshlands sever.

Thank you GM,Devs,Mods, all this may concern.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    OK I'm unable to play atm so I'll give my opinion based on official statements and forum posts:

Major events are supposed to make the majority of players happy. Of course there will be always some groups to hate it. That's normal and predictable.

Concerning this event especially there should be 2 different rewards:
    1. for free and poor people. like the old tome with time limit or random cheap items according to player's level. remember the chest for every 5 levels? that's a nice example.

2. for regular cash shop buyers. slightly better items matching their level needs, like oracles, wanted quests,mid level gems (up to beautiful) and even esotericas. Rushing levels is a good advantage p2p players would have over f2p yet fair.

---

the box added has a % chance of dropping the following items:
    charms (good idea. it would eventually make charm prices drop a little but a higher rate of bronze/silver charms would be better.)
    mounts (though people say they're ugly I bet they're fast. what about +7.00 horses instead so the other mounts wouldn't lose value?)
    aerogear (they're very fast and look great according to people. very unfair for those who paid dozens of gold to buy and then upgrade it. slower aerogear would be more suitable like 1.00 or 1.50)
    grade 11 and 12 gems (the game is not ready for these gems yet! they're extremely expensive to manufacture and only high levels are allowed to use them. that messed the whole gem market I guess)
    special gems vith -% channel, crit or vitality (that sort of drop should be added only next year or later. that's not only impossible to get but also changes immensely the balance of these users vs. the rest)
    high level rare materials and items (this is useless to low level players and gets high levels upset because the same item a lvl10 may eventually get for money a very high level squad may take weeks to get. time, effert, repairs and tons of charms lost!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would want to see proof of this, I get the concerns but I have no solid numbers yet

I saw so far 9 lunar bows... and my guildies said like 5 before those.
    I was planning on farming it now.. QQ
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    whoever is responsible for these sales and events... thank you for destroying the game i loved. there really is no way to recover from everything you've done this summer. i did my best to go with the flow and adjust but it has really gotten to the point that paying up to 100 bucks a month for a pay to play game would be a lot cheaper than continuing here.

the way things are now you practically need to buy enormous amounts of gold to even barely keep up. i buy tons of gold and even i cant keep up.

these events you do where things are just randomly doled out to the players with the most gold to dump into it.. they are totally unfair. i've dumped 40 gold into these stupid ****ing boxes and i have gootten pure **** from them, yet reading the duke's shouts, some people are getting special prizes out of it left and right. and lets not forget all the people who cant or dont buy gold. they need to pay 4-500k for a box? bull ****.

this is total bull ****. some of the items that are available to "win" now just... should not be gotten through a gamble. and youre leaving this event up for an entire month? have you people lost your minds?

i'm furious. and disgusted. and new classes... LOL. unbelievable. i really wish i hadnt spent all the money i did on this game. im stubborn, so ill see how things go, but i really do not see how i can continue playing with things like this. its just gotten worse and worse as the weeks wore on. i figured hey itll cool down at the end of summer... and lo and behold.. this.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would be fine with the price of the boxes if the default was 1 token of luck.

But 15 tokens of luck means that the box is worth waaaaay more than it should be. The options to get chips/rep/shards/etc are only problematic because you get 15 tokens per box instead of one. Gold prices spike because the "worst" you can do is get 300k-400k worth of stuff. Cut that to 1/15th and they become lottery tickets, instead of a guaranteed win.

If you made the default 1 token of luck (or even just 2-3), that'd go a long way towards restoring sanity.

Edit: this is ignoring the issue of lunar gear, etc. Just focusing on the price point vs reward.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Another point that may have been brought up already. But why release these Lunar/Frost items within these packs? Why make it easy? It should be something hard to obtain to give players a reason to keep playing to achieve something they wanted. It seems like an opposite effect with these packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @King_Solomon

Thanks to K2 Network you started playing Pwi and thanks to them you will be able to experience same thing what K2 Network did but just in Pwi ^^
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would want to see proof of this, I get the concerns but I have no solid numbers yet
    From my counts (no screenshots), there are over 20 lunar weapons now on Lost City.
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Add a coin option to get the box like you had for Jolly Jones, might solve some problems.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • Midnight - Lost City
    Midnight - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I luled when i logged in and saw some1 get a lunar bow within 2 minutes of me being on. before today there was about 10 lunar weps on the server. now probably more then double the amount within a day. broken? ha i think so.
This discussion has been closed.