v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if the flaming continues with no feedback your posts will be deleted, then if you post flames again with no feedback you will be banned, I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but I need to bring order to chaos if I'm ever going to be able to report all of the concerns to our devs
  • Forsakensin - Dreamweaver
    Forsakensin - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i tend to agree with ajani, the price of gold in game wont allow is to grind up enough after having to buy pots and repair bills ect. no way in hell. for instance, it now costs roughly 2 mil to open a 1 mil chest of coins, that's more than slightly stupid
    Sarcasm is the best answer for idiots
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if the flaming continues with no feedback your posts will be deleted, then if you post flames again with no feedback you will be banned, I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but I need to bring order to chaos if I'm ever going to be able to report all of the concerns to our devs
    Can you exactly tell us what you consider as constructive feedback then? There were several ideas in the previous pages, I'm pretty sure you took note of them. But can we at least get some ETA when they be looked at and discussed? So we will know what to expect.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm a student who works part-time at... wait for it... mcdonalds!

How to grind $$ fast plz. What IRL mob drops money? b:chuckle

Hey least you have a job!!!!

IRL mobs.....not sure. -.-

I worked 2 jobs and did full-time college and I graduated top of class and was Commencement Speaker. It is doable, takes some motivation and work, but does happen.

Same with this game....you have to work to level and gain things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Can you exactly tell us what you consider as constructive feedback then? There were several ideas in the previous pages, I'm pretty sure you took note of them. But can we at least get some ETA when they be looked at and discussed? So we will know what to expect.

I can't give you an ETA, because then if stuff takes longer the flamefest will just start up again. Expect me to voice your concerns to the right people, obviously the discussion that will follow this will be focused on what we can do better.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im not complaining about the warsoul and tt items and **** in the boutique, if people want to waste their real life cash on that **** fine. The problem "for me" is that all those items in the boutique has made the general public who doesnt cash shop impossible to enjoy the game due to the price of charms.

I for one, cannot do the things I enjoy such as PK/Twilight Temple without a Spirit Charm.

And since this new patch, I can only imagine what the price will skyrocket to for gold charms. I refuse to matfarm for 4-5 long, boring hours just to buy 1 damn charm to play the game.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i bet Gold prices are: 1m/gold when they release new classb:chuckle
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    it's true, when all you post is a negative flame such as "omg the game is dying" there is nothing constructive I can draw from it. same thing with generalizations
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hey least you have a job!!!!

IRL mobs.....not sure. -.-

Try grinding Buisinessmen, they tend to spawn near cities. Most will spawn in the 7am, 12pm, and 5pm hours (server time)
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Forsakensin - Dreamweaver
    Forsakensin - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok, solution to problem: rollback, this event has killed the economy of the servers for people that dont have any extra money to spend on the game. which will lose a high player base that buys gold from the gold sellers in the game, high gold prices = noone buying gold = gold sellers stop buying gold
    Sarcasm is the best answer for idiots
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think the majority of people are upset w/ the fact that End game gears have been given away for real life money. So to the higher lvl players who played for a very long time to farm and grind to get those mats, feel as if they have been neglected. Imagine getting a weapon that requires you to farm for several months, obtained by a player in one day who payed a lot of cash for it, or maybe even just 40 bucks. So the long time players feel really upset because the gear and weapons they worked hard to get have been given away really w/ a click of a mouse.

My soultion is like others, to take that box out of cash shop if possible. maybe make it a drop from a mob in a high end fb.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • altstab
    altstab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok, solution to problem: rollback, this event has killed the economy of the servers for people that dont have any extra money to spend on the game. which will lose a high player base that buys gold from the gold sellers in the game, high gold prices = noone buying gold = gold sellers stop buying gold

Or... they just lower their prices. That's kinda the way free market works.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    = death of the game.

Who knows though the event has already done a ton of damage but maybe they will find some way to stop more damage from occuring and try to fix things.

Good luck to the people in charge, they have a short timespan to fix things.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • t59083
    t59083 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    altstab wrote: »
    Or... they just lower their prices. That's kinda the way free market works.

The problem is that they've been trying to do it and have failed miserably.
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im not complaining about the warsoul and tt items and **** in the boutique, if people want to waste their real life cash on that **** fine. The problem "for me" is that all those items in the boutique has made the general public who doesnt cash shop impossible to enjoy the game due to the price of charms.

I for one, cannot do the things I enjoy such as PK/Twilight Temple without a Spirit Charm.

And since this new patch, I can only imagine what the price will skyrocket to for gold charms. I refuse to matfarm for 4-5 long, boring hours just to buy 1 damn charm to play the game.

This is also something i've come to realise, spoons. Even for PVE fans this update has made PWI more complicated.

TT requires MP charms. No two ways about it, if you're going to beat General Wurlord you want a Cleric blue balling AND a cleric healing with ironheart. MP Charms are going to be expensive as hell. So just to do something as simple as a 2-3 run you'll need to first farm coins for ages to get the gold for an MP charm, then you have to actually do the TT farming.

You know things are messed up in an MMO when you have to farm.. just to be able to farm!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, hopefully gold prices will go down but it's a very difficult thing to do. With so many people committed to not spending that leaves a small number of players who can price gold at whatever they want
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They should close the servers for emergency maintenance, actually see what the community is saying and take action to prevent a majority of people from leaving. Probably far too drastic as so much real money has passed between pwi and consumer that a rollback, which I see the only real option to save pvp and pwi in general, would cause just as much qqing. I'd hate to be who ever has to try to fix this - if anyone is trying.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Try grinding Buisinessmen, they tend to spawn near cities. Most will spawn in the 7am, 12pm, and 5pm hours (server time)

LOL.

Salesmen b:surrender

This is all out of control. People are letting not even ONE DAY of an event cause so much anger.....Frustration, I can see that, but anger does and will do nothing.

And from what I see here...it is not that large of the community that is angry. It is a smaller % and the same people over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • neuroticallyyours
    neuroticallyyours Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    SO now that our dear GM's know of this issues and the massive amounts of players who are considering leaving this game, what are you going to do about it? I joined this game because it was fun, and free, and I and so many others have worked so hard for the little coin we get.
    Now its a bureaucracy, my husband and I cannot even afford to get married in this game when we have saved up for it, but after this morning. Forget it. Perhaps its time to find a new game.
  • poopie
    poopie Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, hopefully gold prices will go down but it's a very difficult thing to do. With so many people committed to not spending that leaves a small number of players who can price gold at whatever they want

Yeah? And how as as a part of PWE do you/they plan to fix this? I'm sure your not stupid and see what's going on RIGHT NOW. You think PWI will bounce off from this? From a month-long sale? Nope.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    it's true, when all you post is a negative flame such as "omg the game is dying" there is nothing constructive I can draw from it. same thing with generalizations

there are 3 simple measures to my standpoint:

1. rollback. hard (cancelling credit card purchases is probably the worst part), painful, generates a lot of QQ and topics like "I quit".

2. suspend event. halts the problem from growing but people are already awere of this possibility and the damage won't be undone.

3. leave it as it is. that's why this topic is here i guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    poopie wrote: »
    Yeah? And how as as a part of PWE do you/they plan to fix this? I'm sure your not stupid and see what's going on RIGHT NOW. You think PWI will bounce off from this? From a month-long sale? Nope.

it's too early to say, but you know that we've been trying to find ways to get inflation down. The thing is, we have to implement things gradually because, as you can see, people react very negatively to change
  • t59083
    t59083 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LOL.

Salesmen b:surrender

This is all out of control. People are letting not even ONE DAY of an event cause so much anger.....Frustration, I can see that, but anger does and will do nothing.

And from what I see here...it is not that large of the community that is angry. It is a smaller % and the same people over and over.

The sale is going on for a whole month. How can the game possibly recover if it's been messed up so badly from day 1? I'm simply asking what you think about it, not being hostile or anything.
  • Manz - Harshlands
    Manz - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No prob....I have coins saved up.
    hmm wonder how much you had when you were just about to hit 90 and just bought crazy shards and orbs with crazy $$.
    and you have to remember its worse in newer servers becouse less money goes around there and thanks to start jolly event gold prices went up right away.b:bye
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Like the Jolly event did?
    spoons u want feedback, people already gave several ideas. Ofc none will be implemneted. It would be unfair to people that already bought gold. Although giving away engame gear for a few bucks is not really good idea.. anyway i dont care. I already quittedb:cuteb:bye
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im willing to put aside the concerns of gold prices in order to address the issue of people being able to buy end game weapons that took some people months to grind.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It was nice of PW-I to give us free mounts (those that were lucky to register before that time) and give us a month of extra exp on weekends...

It was also nice to have Anniversary Packs in CS which gives nice items as well for only one gold...

But that one gold is hurting us incredibly. Gold prices shot skyward and it will be a very, very long time before it falls back down. GMs promised us that Jolly Old Jones awhile back would bring gold prices down or help stabilize the economy but it never did - instead, on HT (dunno about others), it stayed around the ~190k range...which is so little compared to what we have to endure now (~450k+).

It's school time and many people have quit their job so they can do school (example situation ><) and no job equals no flowing income...so they have to rely on the coin they make ingame. But what's the use now? With people who are able to buy hundreds of Anniversary Packs, no doubt they have many of those Best Token things at their disposal in which they can exchange just TWO for 10 mil coins...

Now if Jolly was there to drain coins before...why are we given this option to get so much more? Where is he now?

Anyway...
    I think the players would've been happy if perhaps the Pack was not a CS item but a free gift obtainable via daily, or even once-a-week quest during this month to perhaps level 20+ characters or something, I don't know.

Meh. <shrug> Don't take this idea GMs...because if you do, I will, and others, will be furious: but I wonder if Packs would've been better or worse if you had to open it with a Perfect Hammer...XDDD...

Anyway. Happy Birthday PW.
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

damn why not just put restrictions on gold prices on events like theseb:angry.

i don't charge zen at all because i expected this game to be F2Pb:angry

i been saving from DQ drops for a new charm but now i spend all the money i made on 1 GOLD to buy a pack and I didn't get **** from itb:angry
    what the hell, why did you let the game run out of control?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yaoko - Dreamweaver
    Yaoko - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    it's too early to say, but you know that we've been trying to find ways to get inflation down. The thing is, we have to implement things gradually because, as you can see, people react very negatively to change

I can say that I look forward to the new race and classes. :)
    And I usually look at updates positively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antihero - Harshlands
    Antihero - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hopefully gold prices will go down? Gold wont go down on its own. You folks need to remove the chest of coins. Having sales every week isn't gonna help it either. Why do you think there is so few cash shoppers offering gold in auction house? Heck i bet they can't keep up with your sales either. You introduce so many sales every week that they spend their money on CS items for themselves and don't have as much gold left over for auction house purposes.
This discussion has been closed.