v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    narc0tix wrote: »
    Add a coin option to get the box like you had for Jolly Jones, might solve some problems.

You fail to see that the problems lie within the CV/Lunar items etc not the box itself.
  • Manz - Harshlands
    Manz - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my suggestion is too a rollback, remove pack from cash shop, put it for a quest reward or some rare drop( what about bounty hunter?) it would make non cash shopers also happy+ppl would play longer :p . Every1 would be happy like that. if you start removing items there there would be left 4-5 items what wouldnt make people unhappy

btw fixing it will be hard because i knw already some ppl who have quited and wont never come back thanks to this.

anyway mount idea was realy good , love it but pack messed it upb:surrender

love this game i dont wana quit but at this rate dont have another option becouse of gold prices are wayy too high and i cant never ever afford a charm for grinding like that. Also pvp will not be fun like when every lvl 80 casshoper will 1shoot lvl 100 guy who uses cash shop once in a while b:bye
    hope this helps
    anyway i realy hope there will be somekind of solution to this b:sadb:sad
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Honestly I think the box is fine. And i haven't bought a single one. If people want to spend money on the "chance" to get something awesome. Let them. You could open 100 and get nothing but tokens. Or open one and get a lunar weapon. Okay. Same with RL lottery. And people still play the lottery.

Even if a level 10 got a super rare weapon they have months of playing ahead of them before they could even use it. By then new stuff will be available. And the cycle will continue.

I like the fact that if I decide to buy the box I have a "chance" of getting something great. Its like my B-Day too. Well except I have to pay for my own presents but still.....

If anything the time of availability for the boxes should be limited. Not a month. Two weeks tops. Perhaps just one week.

If it was a matter of one box per person, this would be valid, but with some people buying 200-300 boxes at a time, the point is rather moot. The real harm this "event" is doing is to the gold prices and general economic stability. You can't do runs that require charms when charms cost more than 2m coins each. People who might be unable to charge zhen can't buy mounts, fashion, or expansion stones when the gold prices are as high as they are. 250m for a legendary pet is just plain outrageous when people were able to get one for 1/10th that price 4 months prior. Although the gold prices will eventually recover, they won't ever be at those 100k levels that 8 months of people playing the game was based around.

As many people pointed out, being able to get high level equipment with a single click kinda insults their effort to earn those same items. Many of those who are buying in bulk for this event are already level 80+ since they were the ones who can afford it. A new player, coming in, would likely not know what is going on, or see the value in buying gold. Even so, this event essentially makes the game entirely about what you can buy in the CS, and how much grinding you're willing to go through in order to use those items, meanwhile making many of the normal activities to get those items far too costly.
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I luled when i logged in and saw some1 get a lunar bow within 2 minutes of me being on. before today there was about 10 lunar weps on the server. now probably more then double the amount within a day. broken? ha i think so.

Apparently there was only 5-6 CV weapons on lost city, now its around 30-40.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I suggest making it harder to gain good items like for Jolly Johns when he was giving out like 20k midnights at once. Though that would make the cash shoppers unhappy >.>...

Either way it would be a win - lose situation.

I do like the random drop idea. Make it like a friendship stone or something and still keep it for only this month. That would be win -win
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Apparently there was only 5-6 CV weapons on lost city, now its around 30-40.

Those 5-6 weapons have been handsomely farmed with tremendous amounts of time, energy and resources. Now a 6x noob has it and is selling for 100 mil.
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    majero wrote: »
    Those 5-6 weapons have been handsomely farmed with tremendous amounts of time, energy and resources. Now a 6x noob has it and is selling for 100 mil.
    I know, because I was the one who has seen how they were farmed for 1 of them. And I was also farming for my CV bow for a few weeks now.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've been playing for a while, I got a mount today because of it.

Seeing cash shoppers such a ridiculous advantage has caused me to seriously start debating whether or not I should quit. I dont want to get to a high level and lose in PvP because everyone has endgame gear they bought from the cash shop. Not going to just quit right now but I have been looking into a few other games recently.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Within the first 2 hours of the patch I watched a person equip a cv wand, yearly horse race cape, g14 past helm. Those items alone would have taken 6 months+ of farming. Not to mention you can't even get the horse race cape. I hate when I predict **** like this.
  • Yaoko - Dreamweaver
    Yaoko - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    :(
    *sigh*

It seems the players of this game don't have a voice to anyone but the mods.

It also seems that I've seen this with every mmorpg I've played.

Shouldn't the Devs and other people we need to get through to understand that communication is key to keeping a game from dying?
    .__.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viktorbg
    viktorbg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I suggest making it harder to gain good items like for Jolly Johns when he was giving out like 20k midnights at once. Though that would make the cash shoppers unhappy >.>...

Either way it would be a win - lose situation.

I do like the random drop idea. Make it like a friendship stone or something and still keep it for only this month. That would be win -win

Next month - new box. Welcome to PW-MY story....
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    a game should never render the effort and time put into it by players meaningless, that takes away the fun of the game. it's one of the reasons i didn't go to a private server when a bunch of my friends went.

b:shutup
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How about to leave it in the cash shop, but have the NPC also have a option for other players to buy a box at a set amount slightly higher than cash shop, but lower than gold prices players are selling for. Also change the percentage of items and possibly put how many times a day a player can get a box.

Expectation of this:

-Cash shoppers can still buy from cash shop for cheaper and have unlimited amount of boxes to get (No loss in money to PWI)

-Players that can not buy gold or charge Zen still have access to the boxes (Say like 150k- 200k each)

-Price of gold will lower since players have not reason to up it because other players can buy off the NPC. (It will lower to at least close to the NPC set cost)

-Rare items will still stay rare
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hey, look on the bright side, at least we can all still afford to do World Quest b:victory.
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know they also took out 1* Dragon Orb packs?

The ****?
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Within the first 2 hours of the patch I watched a person equip a cv wand, yearly horse race cape, g14 past helm. Those items alone would have taken 6 months+ of farming. Not to mention you can't even get the horse race cape. I hate when I predict **** like this.

The link in your sig doesn't work.

Speaking of predictions, we always thought the day Cash shoppers had such a big advantage would be when they put candies in the CS (8jun basically)

Who knew they'd skip that and make warsoul possible b:shocked
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Remove the weapons/armour from the boxes and maybe high end shards

remove them from cash shop (PWI has already made sheds loads off them) and

A ) make them buyable with ingame gc only,people will still charge zen to exchange for gold to buy them, and non CS players have the same oppurtunity to get the boxes.
    Might also and I stress might, force gold prices down, since players will want to sell quick

and also lower the event time to 1 week at most.... a month is wayyyy to long

Edit: o yeah 1st things 1st.... mute duke plz, totally annoying to even attempt to have a normal chat in faction
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Honestly I think the box is fine. And i haven't bought a single one. If people want to spend money on the "chance" to get something awesome. Let them. You could open 100 and get nothing but tokens. Or open one and get a lunar weapon. Okay. Same with RL lottery. And people still play the lottery.

Even if a level 10 got a super rare weapon they have months of playing ahead of them before they could even use it. By then new stuff will be available. And the cycle will continue.

I like the fact that if I decide to buy the box I have a "chance" of getting something great. Its like my B-Day too. Well except I have to pay for my own presents but still.....

If anything the time of availability for the boxes should be limited. Not a month. Two weeks tops. Perhaps just one week.

I agree with the part where the event time should be shortened. However it definitely is unfair. I know people who have seriously spent hundreds of hours farming the mats for a Lunar weapon, and the fact that anybody could possibly get it by just buying a box and opening it is really unfair. There has to be a limit to what real money can buy in a game, imagine if people could buy their levels, and every single thing in the game, (being extreme here), then the game would be no fun. But that aside props to the GMs for at least listening to everybody's concerns
  • Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maybe mute the channel called "system"? b:surrender
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    :(
    *sigh*

It seems the players of this game don't have a voice to anyone but the mods.

It also seems that I've seen this with every mmorpg I've played.

Shouldn't the Devs and other people we need to get through to understand that communication is key to keeping a game from dying?
    .__.

The formula to make any MMORPG fail:

1. neglect content/security updates (with no updates players end up playing something else. security updates are important to keep hacking under control)
    2. sell the license to another hosting company (slower feedback, players quitting during migration time)
    3. allow managers to accept code from players (that ends up with favouring these "helpers")
    4. make contract with illegal and pointless clauses (that makes even normal players break the contract just like any cheater)
    5. overpowered moderators (some players turn to be moderators and use their influence to pulverize their in-game enemies)
    6. greed (some players get scared by the monthly price it costs to play often comparing it to cinema, concert etc.)
    7. unwelcome changes (some decisions may change the game forever, making high level players regret playing their class or picking certain builds, making items lose value and so on)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No this is not like your comparison. it's more like you've just paid 15k and waited 6 months to drive a crazy V8 and then your neighbour gets the same for 1k the following day after making some friends. call this envy?

Do you still have your car?

Can you still drive it?

Does it still go as fast as it did before your neighbor bought it?

Can you still pick up chicks in it?

Then it's the same.

No, I'm not gonna be happy about it. But I'm not going to throw a tantrum and threaten to tear up my license unless his car gets taken away.

That's what's going on here.

But if QQing makes you happy, don't expect me to take you seriously.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=405542

b:cool

edit: i was actually gonna play again too lmao. i did my wq yesterday. thanks for the brief return pwi. im now 95 and 3% forever
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yeah, and "normal" people (I am not going to define it^^) like me who dont want to spend 400-500k to 1 Cash shop item cant take advantage from anniversary packs. -.-
    Atm i have 2.6m nix savings. No money to buy skills, just reached lvl 70 and no money to buy gearb:sad when other people need 1 $ to get super stuff
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    complain all you want, the greedy **** dev's wont fix a thing. simple fact: the players mean NOTHING to these people so long as people keep spending money
    in cash shop, if it makes those people to happy to hell with the rest of us

Then Bye Bye.

This is all SO INSANE.

People want things then once here moan and groan.

You all have 1 month to grind enough to get $$ to get these. Those that do not cash shop still have an opportunity to get these items.

No one is complaining about how rapidly the levels will grow with the 2x exp weekends all month.

No one is complaining about the new classes/races, which would require people to basically start over if they wanted to play the new ones.

No none is complaining about those that can massively cash shop and become virtually un-killable.

The majority of people complaining are the high 8x and higher. Why? Because these packs are making things slightly easier for some of us to get end-game gear/weapons/shards/etc.

It is the selfishness and lack of motivation that keeps many from being able to attain the things that they want in this game. Yes, it is F2P and as such some must work slightly harder for what they have and what they want.

Complaining and flaming the GM's will do nothing because it is NOT them who put these items in game. Besides, not long before this patch, people were EXCITED about the packs. And you could have easily looked on the database and seen what was/could be in them. The displeasure should have been then, not now. Hell people are even complaining about FREE MOUNTS?

It is not the packs that are ruining the game people....these have come at a time when many of the servers were going stagnate and people we on there way out. Those who were, have now maybe officially left and fine. Let them go.

If you want to leave then do so...no harm to the rest of us who want to stay, play and have fun. The game has NOT been broken. Go look at other versions and there economies. And those people still play and many have epic gear, some with NO cash shopping at all. It is possible.

You cannot get anything in life for free. Go grind your money, Zhen, buy low/sell high....the game has not ended because of these packs.

Besides, they are here for an entire month...wait one more time...an ENTIRE MONTH.

Gold will settle...this is just the frenzy that always ensues once something new is added.

Please...cut the QQ. Leave if you want. But do not ruin this for the rest of us. there were enough warnings that something like this would come. Meaning everyone had plenty of time to prepare. Heck...Gold price on LC were lower before maintenance then they had been in weeks. I for one capitalized on that...others should have too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    stay on topic or your posts get deleted, this is not the place for fighting
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

You all have 1 month to grind enough to get $$ to get these. Those that do not cash shop still have an opportunity to get these items.

Good luck with 900k gold and 2.5 mill charmsb:bye
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Good luck with 900k gold and 2.5 mill charmsb:bye

No prob....I have coins saved up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzz Edit dble qq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    grinding for money is now obsolete.

And with such high cost for charm and low price for gems, Rebirth is also obsolete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You all have 1 month to grind enough to get $$ to get these.

I'm a student who works part-time at... wait for it... mcdonalds!

How to grind $$ fast plz. What IRL mob drops money? b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.