v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    duke blacke black(e)list function, check!

j/k I read everything else too

Please implement this b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ~cough~ just read the first 30 pages of this thread you'll know "hows it going ot turn out"
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    EWS the best thing I read from you happened a few pages back.

you said "even i was concerned with what was coming out in the anniv. packs."

you really need to be promoted then, because the people you work for do not know what gaming is all about.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    duke blacke black(e)list function, check!

j/k I read everything else too

Now that's just cruelb:sad
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A guildmate of mine posted a nice suggestion (although it is sadly far too late to implement).

The anniversary boxes should have been random drops from any mob, like the christmas cards during the xmas event. Not in cash shop, nor anywhere else.

It would have provided and fun and fair way to randomly dole out the goodies.

As it is, the economy (or what was left of it) is now pretty much doomed. The continuous flagrant disregard of the effects of sales/events on the economy is quite troublesome and saddening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vezz - Heavens Tear
    Vezz - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The big fear that everyone massively posting here has is the fact that "end game" armor/weapon/etc are massively being acquired by players. End game item are meant to be hard and LONG to get. When many players are getting close to the complete ideal end game set of items it is often a very good sign that the game itself is reaching the end of it's life cycle.
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Simple, only the cash shoppers will be left to play this game, cmon be honest devs....thats what you want right..............MONEY!!!!!!!!!! b:bye
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Goliath, this will be the only warning I give. No part of what you are saying is "constructive feedback" you are simply stating what you feel to be true.

I know for a fact that every single item in the anniversary box is not detrimental to life, so I want to know specifics. If you do not wish to give them to me, please allow the people who will the place to do so

I don't really want to complain concerning the anniversary pack, but it's just an instant kill for hardworking people. 15+ Lunar weapons/ornaments in 1 day? It takes around 2 weeks to farm it if you have a VERY good squad and is lucky. If not - can take more than a month, now people get it for 1gold, how awesome can that be, because i farmed for almost 2 months for mine, so it did **** me off. I don't mind people getting it for 1777 mysterious chips from this event and 38million coins (thats without empire's back image, with it it's 58million), but not 1gold with some luck. I really have nothing against people getting frostcovered weapons or ornaments because most of them are not endgame, same as hh99 gold weapon, but I do get annoyed by looking at how people get these grade 14 gold boots/capes/helmets by opening a 1gold pack, when it took around a month to get 2700 eyes (its for the boots, but in general) for them (thats a mere 1/7 of what is needed for it).

I'm really looking forward to get a reply to this.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Without people to buy gold and without people who DONT have end game gear to easily kill the cash shoppers will grow bored and leave.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

you really need to be promoted then, because the people you work for do not know what gaming is all about.

I must agree and I also agree the random drop event would have been better idea.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok here is some specifics for you:
    #1. Lying to the playerbase destroys our faith in GMs. When Xarfox explained Jolly and stressed how it will bring down gold prices people believed him.
    Solution: Do not lie to us, just give us the facts as they are presented to you.

#2. The current reward for the Anniversary is scaled towards players who started way too early. You're basically rewarding only a very small fraction of the playerbase when you should reward every single player.
    Solution: Give out the mount to everyone, but make it level based. The longer you've played the lower the level you need in order to use it.

#3. The Anniversary Box basically destroyed every single non cash shopping 90+ char. Giving out Lunar Glade weapons, crit boots etc. is the dumbest thing you can do. Now those who can afford it will just cash shop their incredibly hard to get 90+ gear and be done with it. Before the patch people did not have a choise. If they wanted GX they had to go do HH. Now every single 90+ has a pair. Hard working people who spend weeks in HH are of pissed.
    Solution: Rollback and refund people their money

#4. All these constant greed sales are destroying the gold market. Stop doing sales and start doing bug fixes and content.
    Solution: Adress flesh ream, monthly/yearly snake isle race/forest runs/archosaur invasions etc.

I agreeb:victory
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A guildmate of mine posted a nice suggestion (although it is sadly far too late to implement).

The anniversary boxes should have been random drops from any mob, like the christmas cards during the xmas event. Not in cash shop, nor anywhere else.

As it is, the economy (or what was left of it) is now pretty much doomed. The continuous flagrant disregard of the effects of sales/events on the economy is quite troublesome and saddening.

I second this, one event from an old MMO I used to play that I miss, when monsters would drop "Boxes" for special occasions and they'd just contain all sorts of goodies. It gave everyone a fair chance and kept the economy at bay.

I really couldn't agree more with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the random anniversary box drops sounds interesting
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Bleh. If that happened...EVERYBODY would then have warsoul etc...Ruining the economy even more...It'd be like turning the server into a private and making everyone have the best stuff within a few hours/days etc...

Perhaps a token in which you need say 5 tokens which can be collected then turned into a box.

But personally I think limiting the amount a person can open would be better (although still bypassed)

Regardless this event will stay, and no rollback will happen. The amount of people who charged zen will influence that decision.
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I second this, one event from an old MMO I used to play that I miss, when monsters would drop "Boxes" for special occasions and they'd just contain all sorts of goodies. It gave everyone a fair chance and kept the economy at bay.

I really couldn't agree more with this.

why couldnt they do this b:shocked well i'm logging cya guys if nothing turns up :l quiting time
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

yeah way more interesting this.

btw..my game is repatching , just wondering what has changed in last few hrs ? Other then less/ more choas?

and it would be a fail to cap gold prices for just say.. a month?

and Spoons where is my spoon !
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Peritia - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Bleh. If that happened...EVERYBODY would then have warsoul etc...Ruining the economy even more...It'd be like turning the server into a private and making everyone have the best stuff within a few hours/days etc...

Based on your listed join date, you weren't around for the xmas event.

The drop rate for cards was very very low. You'd be lucky if you got two in a day.

I don't feel that would be much of a threat.

EDIT: To clarify, this is the second char I made, right at the end of the xmas event. My original char (archer) was around for all of the xmas event. This is my main now, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yes, it does! You could implement this and still leave the items in the cash shop, that way everyone can get the box. I would like to open one or two myself. b:beg

And then some people will begin to realize just how rare the end game gear drops really are. Or maybe they will just whine about cash shop players who buy 1,000 boxes being lucky. b:chuckle
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Based on your listed join date, you weren't around for the xmas event.

The drop rate for cards was very very low. You'd be lucky if you got two in a day.

I don't feel that would be much of a threat.

I've been playing since the server opened :S

Xmas cards dropped quite alot...
  • Peritia - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've been playing since the server opened :S

Xmas cards dropped quite alot...

Are you thinking of the ones off the snowmen, or the regular mobs? I remember the ones off normal mobs as being quite rare.

Either way, there's nothing stopping them setting the drop rate very low. Items like the Secret Letter come to mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yes, most definately. It could have, common-rare prizes, the rarest being like Lobster mounts, the new flying mounts etc. I think this would keep everyone very very happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary
    Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Right. PWI know nothing about gaming. But they sure as heck obviously know how to keep paying for the *expenses* of developing, producing, advertising and RUNNING multiple servers by providing a game that is free to play, and only costs money to play A CHOICE for the players.

Sure, maybe there were some items they shouldn't have put in the anniversary packs. But what are the REAL odds of getting those items? I haven't seen ONE person that's gotten the end-game stuff (not personally). I've just seen a whole lot of Duke Splatter about Best of Luck tokens and Charms. I'm a little hurt that the Rich are getting richer by getting items they can turn around and sell for MORE millions, while I get nothing, but so be it. I haven't spent a single real dollar on this game *yet* (probably will eventually though).

But anyway... Yeah - they don't know nothin. b:shutupb:cry
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Are you thinking of the ones off the snowmen, or the regular mobs? I remember the ones off normal mobs as being quite rare.

Either way, there's nothing stopping them setting the drop rate very low. Items like the Secret Letter come to mind.

Snowmen, I can't ever recall getting anything off a mob for xmas event. Granted that was a while ago.

As for secretletter, that drop rate is really low.

What they should have done is just given everyone a free box like a supply stash which requires a hammer to open. And its random from their.

Everyone would be happy at that.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Obtained a Steppenwolf Lord's Cape at great expense expecting to be able to sell it when done and get a return on my investment. I understand that it's value would drop on it's own, but no.. It was dropped unnaturally by a seemingly permanent patch.

Just bought 2 more perfect Garnets last night with the last of my coin. I have a lot of perfects I've imbued in my equips. Now their price is dropped. If I'd known, I would have gone with a higher level gem to imbue with, and waited. Now *if I want better gems I have to pay to have them removed, lose their value permanently and hope that the next gems aren't devalued further.

I've been investing in tomes and have a level 2 tome and a level 3 tome hoping to get a level 4 soon. They were expensive, and took a lot of work, and very few had them. Now people are getting +45vit and other tomes just like that?

Seems like most of my hard work and investments keep getting destroyed, these are just some examples.

I got a debit card for the specific purpose of being able to buy gold. I stopped a while ago after having items devalued. The devaluing hasn't stopped and my ceasing to use the debit card hasn't stopped. Furthermore, we've seen a ton of feedback and complaints all along, so it can't be a mistake. If it's profitable for the company I understand BUT, I won't only not spend cash on this game again, I won't even be playing any other games from this company.

The gold prices going up I could care less about. The nullifying of all my hard work and investments over and over again I do. If I had been buying gold all along I would have felt majorly ripped off.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have yet to play any mmorpg that has an "end game" that keeps a MAJORITY of high levels playing their main characters. I've always played these games under the impression that it's the sense of newness, adventure and "journey" that's truly fun and rewarding.

In light of that, I guess I have a hard time relating to feeling cheated or that the patch is unfair because the things I had to spend alot of time and effort to get are now available to those who just want to spend CS coin. I don't spend much at all in the CS simply because I choose not to - I had a great time getting the few pieces of really nice gear I have and found "working" for them to be really rewarding. What do I care if someone else can buy the same thing with RL $ - it has absolutely no affect on my enjoyment of the game.

I get the feeling I'm in a small minority here, but the only reason I can think why someone would feel cheated or unfairly treated is because they considered getting those rare valued items to be alot of work and no fun. If that's the case, why would someone continue to play?

I'm guessing those people who have the RL $ to spend on the rare CS items will outfit their high lvl characters and find themselves bored to death in a short period of time and quit anyways - makes no difference to me.

Anyways - just my $0.02 on the whole thing so far

Amen.

I understand the PvPers are gonna get bit even harder, 'cause the high lvl idiots that have Daddy's VISA are gonna have bigger guns now, and can now 1-shot anything that moves *faster* as they sit outside West Arch.

That's a player problem, made worse by Capitalism. <shrugs> This is what we have to put up with to have a free game.

But on PvE, you don't have that. You have TW. Yes, there will be bigger guns in their hands now, but they are all scattered evenly across the server. Players who thow cash into the game will always have better gear than those who don't, regardless of what promotion PW is running this week (or not).

As for people complaining about "people paying for what took me months to get" - did they take yours away?

If you buy a new car, and then the guy down the street gets the same car (with a factory rebate) 3 weeks later - do you go chew out the car dealer? Do you then leave your car on the side of the road and swear off driving because you're not the only one with a Nova on the road anymore?

Sigh.

People are either going to panic and run squealing, or stay. Maybe the ones who stay will be stable.

RedMenace
    \snort
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Snowmen, I can't ever recall getting anything off a mob for xmas event. Granted that was a while ago.

As for secretletter, that drop rate is really low.

What they should have done is just given everyone a free box like a supply stash which requires a hammer to open. And its random from their.

Everyone would be happy at that.

There were drops from normal mobs too. Although I don't remember what they contained or what they did, but I definately remember getting a few. The drop rate was nice, not too many, not too little.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

This saounds like another lie. This will never happen because PWI is earning really too many money selling them in Boutique.

This sounds like "we will keep gold prices to a regulare level, we will never make sales that will modify it too much". Yes, i saw gold sold for 900k each in HL.

Are these the promises the team is doing? Roflmao, economy is destroyed and gamaplay too, in about 10 hours of event. And this will last 1 month b:victory Great job.

You are losing a lot of players. Now you earn a lot of money, but if non-cash-shoppers leave, also cash-shoppers will do because there will not be sufficient people to have fun anymore.

It's like an italian dilemma: "A hen today or a lot of eggs tomorrow?".

You choose the Hen. ROFLMAO.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Regular mobs did drop cards on occasion, but they were quite rare. There was high demand for the card that let you get 10 chips.

I'd hope the boxes would be more common than that, but even a slim chance would make for a nice surprise.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

As for people complaining about "people paying for what took me months to get" - did they take yours away?

No, but if they have Weapons/Cloacks/Tomes extremely better than those you made in months and that you CAN'T GET IN ANY GAME WAY, well, that is the end.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Okie rollback and make the packs come from mobs at a low rate so everyone wins and the PWE can just give everyone that charged the gold back into their account so this way PW can keep the money and other ppl get their gold abck b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.