v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The lunar glade materials and the frostcovered materials. The ability to get 10mil, the ability to get a ton of chips.

And it shouldn't be limited to cash shoppers only.

My suggestion would be a quest: You help out a NPC by doing something. Killing a boss, running an instance, something that requires you to active in the game and not simply pay money. Perhaps something similar to word quest.

Oh and yes: The gems and tomes are absurd. The tomes are extremely overpowered for something you can simply buy with gold.

I would say keep somethings such as:

Mounts
    Aerogear
    maybe put in some fashion as a reward
    Bank/Inventory stones
    Gaurdian Angels/Scrolls/whatever
    Mijis

Quoting at all
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Is there really any point to this? I don't forsee anything actually been done now. No rollbacks, no removing of them because people who won them will QQ if they get theirs taken away, people will QQ if they were saving up for them...etc its all an endless cycle...
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Quoting at all

Yes, none PvP related items are fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i think I want the whole thing removed not just some spiecific items from it

and anniversery pack out of cash shop main thing

Fixed it for you.

Please do not assume everyone wants these packs gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have already stated that it is a fact that every single item from the box is not a game-breaking item, this is why I am requesting specifics, and not general "kill them all!" responses.

Many people spent sh** load of time getting their level and gear now it's all handed out for just a buck, spend 50 bucks and you will get what people have been playing for for months. This game lost the beauty with this update and it seems that nothing is going to change it.
    Event will last for a month in which many people will leave cuz there is no more fun in playing this game.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Is there really any point to this? I don't forsee anything actually been done now. No rollbacks, no removing of them because people who won them will QQ if they get theirs taken away, people will QQ if they were saving up for them...etc its all an endless cycle...

I repeat, those items could be a bit nerfed in order to bring their power only a bit higher of TT90. And increasing the price of boxes economy will come back normal.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    clerics can now start chargeing for their survices...b:victory
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • thefoo
    thefoo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the anniversary box needs to be removed from the cash shop an make it available to everyone in the game not just those with fat wallets. Every item in the box makes the game imbalanced if only a few with cash can get them, and not too many people want to play a game with such huge imbalances. Make it a drop that these folks have to go out an actually work an kill things to get them not just charge up a few hundred dollars and buy them
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Personally, I expect their upcoming expansions will make most of this event gear seem rather trivial.

For example, imagine if they raised the level cap and did a few other things which allowed high level gear to be collected easily.
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    chips & weaps

what about gems? I know they have been hard to get in the past but to they make or break the box?

How about tomes? Not the worst idea ever right?

I already understand the concern about Oracle items, but this is something that has happened in the past with other events

I say keep it all in. As they said in the past people don't like the change to bad. People hate the prices of gold PW can't do anything about it. Lets just let PW do what PW wants and accept it.
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Quoting at all
    I repeat, those items could be a bit nerfed in order to bring their power only a bit higher of TT90. And increasing the price of boxes economy will come back normal.

Nerfing the items themselves would make them useless for abit of extra power people wouldn't spend the time trying to get them.

As for increasing the prices on the box...As for the current list of avail' items that would be a better option, to cheap for so much. As for bringing down the economy, that wouldn't happen...People would still want them and pay anything to get them at the chance of winning say, 10m coins or a lunar weapon which costs millions to make etc...
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    chips & weaps

what about gems? I know they have been hard to get in the past but to they make or break the box?

How about tomes? Not the worst idea ever right?

I already understand the concern about Oracle items, but this is something that has happened in the past with other events

Gems are actualy easy to get with GV. Just combine then..
    (i had a G10 for my HH90.. which iam nt getting anymore)

Tomes are easy since frags are like 20k (pages are expensive but not imposibleee)

Reason why this event is bad is the weapons/gear.. c'mon lunar bow for 1 gold? Its joking people that wasted months to farm it.. boxs also give exp/sp/rep so no need to grind. Cashshop from 1-105b:cryb:surrender
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Manz - Harshlands
    Manz - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For the record, quite a few people in my guild [Tao] are quitting, or intentionally trying to get banned so they go out with a bang.

Lots of others were planning on playing "that game" part-time, but still spending most of their time on PWI. Most of them have decided to just play "that game" full-time after today.

As Tao is currently the #1 guild on Heaven's Tear (what I think is PWI's biggest server, but I'm not sure), we have lots of high levels (something like 20 100+), and we are the most affected by this update.

I know of two archers in my guild who farmed 3-2 and lunar for weeks, if not months, for their Heaven's Shatterers. Level 10s are now spending $1 and getting these. The lunar/frost equipment being given out is the biggest problem at the moment.
    Basically, like the DQ horses (but to a much higher degree) they worked their butts off for ages and ages to get an exclusive item that almost no one had. Now anyone with $1 can get one.

For the g13 TT100 red weapons (arguably the third-best in the game, after r8 and warsoul) they used to be nearly impossible to get because they require an item with a miniscule drop rate at some of the hardest bosses in the game - Such as Armageddon, which hits a random person for like 80k every 3 minutes. Now anyone with 10(!!!) Best Luck Tokens can get one. Before today, I would have respected anyone who had a TT100 weapon immensely, as either they farmed TT3-3 for AGES or they were skilled enough to make enough money to buy one from someone who was. Now any newb can get one.

Another thing, the God Stones as a possible reward - just ridiculous. We're talking the best shards in the game, one of which can add -6% channeling to a weapon or +20 Vit to armour - and if you're lucky you can get one for $1. PvP used to rely on mainly skill - now I wouldn't be surprised to see a level 80 who doesn't know attack from town portal with a warsoul weapon (of which the massive number of chips needed to acquire it used to be impossible to get [~330k, if I remember correctly] can now be achieved using the basic Tokens of Luck) PKing level 100s.

Those, PWI, are some of the reasons people are angry. Some of them. Other, lesser reasons range from chips to flawless shards to oracles.

In all honesty, the only solution I see at this point is a rollback (pretty much required) and either the outright removal of anniversary packs altogether, or the removal of Token of Luck, Best Token of Luck, and all actual equipment voucher things. Possibly keep the boots and helm from OHT, as I don't think anyone actually has those yet so it wouldn't really offend anyone. Making the gems and god stones a lower % chance, so all those who have killed world bosses don't feel their efforts are devalued, wouldn't hurt either.

Replace it with blue eggs or whatever the stuff you normally put in big rainbow eggs etc. is. Keep the rare stuff, like the tome thing and the lobster.

Doing all (or atleast most) of the above 2 paragraphs is the only solution (that I can think of... if you have a better one [make sure it actually is better] try that too) that will avoid a mass exodus of people from PWI - including me. I'm making this post exactly one year after I started playing... if nothing changes, the date I joined will be the date I left PWI.

...............this
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so the price point for the box is too low, I doubt we could raise that because people would not be happy.

Other concerns: armor, chips, some tome concerns.

Items that seem OK for the box: mounts, mount speed items, Bank/Inventory stones, Guardian Angels, Scrolls, Mijis

I know I don't have it all here but this is the gist of the primary concerns that I'm seeing

EDIT: please don't quote whole posts, if someone has already posted here I have read their concerns, what I need now is additional concerns
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Spoon mostly things that effect PvP r too strong and too easy to get from these b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so the price point for the box is too low, I doubt we could raise that because people would not be happy.

Items that seem OK for the box: mounts, mount speed items, Bank/Inventory stones, Guardian Angels, Scrolls, Mijis

I know I don't have it all here but this is the gist of the primary concerns that I'm seeing

EDIT: please don't quote whole posts, if someone has already posted here I have read their concerns, what I need now is additional concerns

If you remove everything except the stuff on the "items that seem OK" then you'd have no need to raise the price, the box would be sorted. Of course, there's no way to remove the endgame stuff that's already been given out but at least you can stop it before it's too late and retain as much of your playerbase as you can.

P.S. It's good to see a GM trying to actively improve this game instead of passing the problem onto china and forgetting about it
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

It's not that the price point was too low, it's that the box was in the Boutique to begin with. Turns the game into being entirely about how much gold you have and how lucky you are. People who worked for their stuff over the past year feel betrayed and insulted.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The problem is with new items ppl spam buy them so there are already a lot of lunar weapons out there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

The main items that need to be noted are lunar, tomes, chips...People don't like the idea of cash shopping an end game item, whilst others have to spend half their life farming for it. Or have done so and had their uniqueness removed because someone spent a few bucks for it.

Gems etc should be fine they hardly change anything...I also think a month for this box is far too long for an event =S

I personally think a month WITHOUT CS events and/or some non CS related events should occur...Try to stabilise the economy, bring old players back, keep the current, invite new ones. Keep the game stable etc...
  • Trez_What - Heavens Tear
    Trez_What - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wow i must say well done spoons!!! i finnally reached the end of this post with ir growing as fast as i could read it and u have actually managed to get ppl to stop flaming and actually start telling u specifically what the dont like and what wouuld be acceptable in the the box. well done!
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    A major problem also is how cash shoppers are able to buy mass quantities of them while those who dont charge sit there listening to duke blacke talk about all the cool stuff they got.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The problem is with new items ppl spam buy them so there are already a lot of lunar weapons out there

I would want to see proof of this, I get the concerns but I have no solid numbers yet
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

so what are you going to DO about it
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

As people have said in the last 50 pages, the most important items that need to be removed are the Lunar/CV items/Weapons. Same with the Past gear(boots) that many people are currently farming for.

The rest aren't really a big deal imo
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tbh i dont think that they will fix anything
    its too late b:sad
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Welcome to **** ex-PWers.

The game which puts everyone on equal terms and doesn't rely on people heavily cash shopping to get an advantage over everyone else, a game which is balanced for all classes and doesn't give people OP pets that you can buy from said cashshop.

Enjoy your stay, see you in-game.

Big mistake while spoons is around, inbe4 ban b:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so what are you going to DO about it

you;re asking me something that I do not control, I am the messenger
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

See but its too late Spoons. You cant just remove stuff from the box, becuz people have already gotten the sutfff you would "remove" thus making it even more unfair. My advice: Stick it out.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would want to see proof of this, I get the concerns but I have no solid numbers yet

On Lost City, I witnessed at least 5 CV items and PastBoots in the past couple hours.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

>.<! its not that its to low, its where it is. take it out and make it random drops from mobs. it was insane to put it in the Cash shop, when we alread y asked millions of time ahead of time for you to stop sales. now you go around that with the 1 gold box of choas
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
This discussion has been closed.