v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I realize people are honked off here, but no one is getting leveled via cash shop.

You still have to grind up to lvl 90 to wear 90 gear.

Lord, get a hold of yourself.

RedMenace

\mops the floor of spittle

I was explaining the thought process. What I was saying was that high level players were farming their lives away to make their gear before this new installment then a new player comes along and can get that same gear without farming or such.

That low level still will have to level is true, however when they hit 90, they can just toss the gear on without taking the same time as the 90+ that actually worked for their gear.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this update won't die down as you can see mostly alot of people quited ._. and really whats the point now since you can just buy your way into nothingness o.O theres nothing to get or do anymore now
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Its the lunar gear and all endgame gear being easy to get its like enough u guys worked enough so just pay and we will finish the game for u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was explaining the thought process. What I was saying was that high level players were farming their lives away to make their gear then a player comes along and can get that same gear without farming or such.

^ thats it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok I got some feedback from this page, still a lot of blanket statements being made though. Please cut down the generalizations, when I have to sift through posts made only to complain I risk missing good posts by players who are sincerely trying to express their specific concerns.

When you ask for specifics are you getting new ideas for cash shop events? b:laugh

But seriously...You can't help but generalise, bringing out this pack at such a cheap price (in gold) reduces an items values. Perfect gems will go from 2.5m or whatever to around 1.5m even less...Eventually forcing money to go down making less income for non cash shop people.

Gold prices sky rocket, draining peoples money if they wish to purchase them (maybe you should have an CS event on in game money, 5 gold for 5m coins...)

You ask for specifics yet if you were in touch with the game play etc you'd realise the kind of impact this kind of patch would have on the economy, game play etc...What's next after people get their warsouls and 8jun (which people are aiming for) What can people obtain? Nothing. They'l up and quit.

Instead of asking people to be specific, why not ask questions for a specific answer in which you want?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It'd probably help if you didn't say "generalisations" and just said "predictions that pwi will die/is dead etc" lol

But since you are looking for specific concerns:

A lunar Glade run takes hours.

My Guild ran it over and over for several months to get two weapons (they're called Heaven Shatterer).

Those weapons are now available in the cash shop. Although there is a low chance to get it, because of the high amount of the boxes being bought there is a lot of those weapons that will be dumped on the server and their value is shot to bits.

That, Mister GM, is my concern.
    We'll really have to wait and see on the warsoul, as much as I understand the concerns I haven't seen them flowing in en masse yet
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this update won't die down as you can see mostly alot of people quited ._. and really whats the point now since you can just buy your way into nothingness o.O theres nothing to get or do anymore now

If people quit then they quit and let them.

New people are starting to play everyday.

There are other servers and versions that have survived this type of thing and there prices are off the charts -.-
    We'll really have to wait and see on the warsoul, as much as I understand the concerns I haven't seen them flowing in en masse yet

People are mad. We can all see that. I have not had the joy yet of seeing all this in action BUT the main issue for people is:

1) Cash Shopper advantage

2) Once rare and VERY tough to get items virtually available in minutes.

3) Gold being 400k+

I think that is the core.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Antihero - Harshlands
    Antihero - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I think you're mistaking warsoul weapons with CV weapons since he is definetly not voicing any concern about warsoul.
    God forbid people get warsoul en masse.
  • metorica
    metorica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ahahaha 8D

So (near) end-game items are at the tips of people's wallets now, so apparently there's no such thing as hard work and determination anymore?

It's been almost a year and PWI's already down the drain.

The Voidlands Tome -> $1
    Gems -> $1
    Chrono Pages -> $1

The rest can go up depending how much someone wants to charge, but people are only spending because they have the cash to for such so called awesome items :/

I don't think there'll be any way to fix this, since it's probably gonna be on PWI's permanent record b:chuckle
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    When you ask for specifics are you getting new ideas for cash shop events? b:laugh

But seriously...You can't help but generalise, bringing out this pack at such a cheap price (in gold) reduces an items values. Perfect gems will go from 2.5m or whatever to around 1.5m even less...Eventually forcing money to go down making less income for non cash shop people.

Gold prices sky rocket, draining peoples money if they wish to purchase them (maybe you should have an CS event on in game money, 5 gold for 5m coins...)

You ask for specifics yet if you were in touch with the game play etc you'd realise the kind of impact this kind of patch would have on the economy, game play etc...What's next after people get their warsouls and 8jun (which people are aiming for) What can people obtain? Nothing. They'l up and quit.

Instead of asking people to be specific, why not ask questions for a specific answer in which you want?

You speak as if I am the sole controller of everything here, I am not. So when you talk to me like that you are really just making my job harder. I can't say I wasn't worried about the stuff coming in today, BUT I know that there is a huge outcry when anything new comes in. Right now is not really the time to get a fair assessment of the situation, considering that the typical post today is a flame based on assumptions of what is "going to" happen.
  • t59083
    t59083 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If people quit then they quit and let them.

New people are starting to play everyday.

There are other servers and versions that have survived this type of thing and there prices are off the charts -.-

That seems to be the degree of which PW cares about their players.
  • Challotte - Dreamweaver
    Challotte - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have yet to play any mmorpg that has an "end game" that keeps a MAJORITY of high levels playing their main characters. I've always played these games under the impression that it's the sense of newness, adventure and "journey" that's truly fun and rewarding.

In light of that, I guess I have a hard time relating to feeling cheated or that the patch is unfair because the things I had to spend alot of time and effort to get are now available to those who just want to spend CS coin. I don't spend much at all in the CS simply because I choose not to - I had a great time getting the few pieces of really nice gear I have and found "working" for them to be really rewarding. What do I care if someone else can buy the same thing with RL $ - it has absolutely no affect on my enjoyment of the game.

I get the feeling I'm in a small minority here, but the only reason I can think why someone would feel cheated or unfairly treated is because they considered getting those rare valued items to be alot of work and no fun. If that's the case, why would someone continue to play?

I'm guessing those people who have the RL $ to spend on the rare CS items will outfit their high lvl characters and find themselves bored to death in a short period of time and quit anyways - makes no difference to me.

Anyways - just my $0.02 on the whole thing so far
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think you might have seen this but one thing you could do is make a cap/max amount you can put for paying for gold. I mean it could be 400k for all it matters and every single one of the players put it there but it would keep people's complaints about omg some people are selling gold at 900k or whatever from coming through all to often if at all.
    The lunar/war-whatever the really high lvl weapons are the ones most are concerned over. They are something you are supposed to work towards and something the ones who got worked hard and are proud to have gotten them but now they see them in the cs and they do not feel it is as fair. they spent hours apon hours to work towards them and now some are easily getting them.
    Many feel the gap between players who pay for zen and ones who don't is now not a crack but maybe even a world. For the game keeping them close but still giving the cs a small advantage or some keeps things in balance.
    And most feel the event for the birthday was highly lacking or at least what makes it feel lacking cause we all did get the 2x exp is the fact of the anniversary packs is over shadowing that fact.
    One thing that will make people happy is taking the higher lvl things off the pack pr taking the pack back but its a pro and con things here and you must be careful and also remember the economy of the game.
    Well umm that is most i can think of for now I hope this help spoons
    Sincerely,
    Sin
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rose its not a obut the prices it, it really isn't. THe point is there is no point in this game any more. People spent threw weeks working lunar glade and tts and ff and yet you can get them from just a 100k? I'm just here to see if there gonna do anything about it and i 99% sure wahts its gonna be :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Goliath, this will be the only warning I give. No part of what you are saying is "constructive feedback" you are simply stating what you feel to be true.

I know for a fact that every single item in the anniversary box is not detrimental to life, so I want to know specifics. If you do not wish to give them to me, please allow the people who will the place to do so

I must agree with spoonie. Too much noise for few (if any) acts. Anyone quitting solely for the latest patch? I doubt there's any. SO WHY QQ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well what is happening is all the best stuff is there and cheap for how good it is if u spend RL cash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vezz - Heavens Tear
    Vezz - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    denesis wrote: »
    Where are all lvl100 ppl.
    I havent seen single post from them.
    Have they already quit?
    Not yet...
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Although the effect isn't there just yet, my guild is still losing members because they are seriously hurt by this. It feels like an insult to have something you worked so hard for to just be given out.

A quote from our ex-executor:

"With the recent patch of PWI, with the insane amount of random people getting gears that we intended to farm for months, were gained through little to 1 click at a time. I however felt like if ____ wasn't the game for me, then I returned to PW, but that hope is lost."
  • Carter - Lost City
    Carter - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You speak as if I am the sole controller of everything here, I am not. So when you talk to me like that you are really just making my job harder. I can't say I wasn't worried about the stuff coming in today, BUT I know that there is a huge outcry when anything new comes in. Right now is not really the time to get a fair assessment of the situation, considering that the typical post today is a flame based on assumptions of what is "going to" happen.

Dear.Mr spoons,it isn't "going to" happen, it is happening.That is all.Had to correct you. :)
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is my honest opinion on this;

It proves what MANY people have known all along - the people who play this game know more than the developers, the gm's, etc. These anniversary packs are going to kill this game. I have used cash shop before but I refuse to support something like this.

I've always understood PWI to care equally for their paying and non paying customers, this account hasn't had any Zen in it, yet I've always received outstanding customer service. Many people have worked so hard to obtain some of the items that can now be bought.

The mounts - a great idea! Award all those loyal, paying and non paying. Why not do a Jolly Old Jones event, with anniversary packs (of much less value of course). Something fun, for everyone.

I actually had to log out today because the biggest slap in the face is when you have to see all the World Chat spam by the duke of all the shiny new things people are buying, buying not winning, or getting lucky with, buying.

I really cannot believe people are supporting the death of the PWI game. If not the death of the game, then certainly the death of the economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can't respond to every concern voiced, but I'm watching this thread very closely.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write a calm post about the aspects of the newly patched items that concern them the most.

I will continue to read well worded and specific feedback, I hope the folks who enjoy flaming take the time to leave some solid feedback too, because I want to hear your opinions as well b:thanks
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok I got some feedback from this page, still a lot of blanket statements being made though. Please cut down the generalizations, when I have to sift through posts made only to complain I risk missing good posts by players who are sincerely trying to express their specific concerns.
    As with the halloween event, too much is being announced by duke. I would cut the following:
    Token of Best Luck
    Platinum Guardian Charm
    Platinum Spirit Charm

That alone would go a long way towards cutting down on the spam, and tbh no one really cares if someone wins one of those. I understand that it helps boost sales a bit if people see what everyone is getting, but if you stick to just the truly exciting items I think that'd be more effective, since people would read all the red text.

I'm not sure if you should exclude some of the shards too. Maybe the grade 11 ones.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this update won't die down as you can see mostly alot of people quited ._.

tell us whos quited... ppl say that they quit yet they are all crying on forums or ingame and still continue playing :D

they just want anttention nothing else..i dont care even if whole top100 players all quit they will be replaced :P

i dont care whos getting so called "endgame" weapon at lvl1 or lvl100 with 1 gold gz for em ;D

im happy for getting mount for free even its ugly and every1 else has it too :P
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    even if there not much "warsouls" it doesn't matter what matters is that people spent time on other things "lunar" which is stacking up pretty fast tt 2 red star" to easy to get" 10mil all you need is 2 best tokens to get so prices are gona rise "nothing nothing any more :P its gone out of wack:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary
    Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

First off, thank you for caring enough to read our posts. b:victory

1. Even with double-EXP weekends, when there are *some* people getting an ITEM for free, and others not getting anything (item-wise) it will feed jealousy aimed at PWI.

Suggestion: Next time, give everyone a non-tradeable gift box in their inventory (or post box).

2. Duke spamming the channels with all the cool stuff every .2 seconds only makes people that DON'T get something cool feel like *everyone* is getting it *except* themselves.
    Suggestion: Please just stop having Duke announce what other players have acquired. Personally if I get a Phoenix egg or something else, I'd prefer to only tell those that *I* want to know. I really don't care if Joe Smoe got it or not.

3. Double-EXP weekends - nice idea but how realistic for higher levels? By the time you are over (what?) level 30-ish, you're only getting .x amount of xp anyway - oh goodie, I *might* get 1 xp for kills during the weekends. It's still a hellacious grind.

Suggestion: Not sure what I could suggest that wouldn't throw the game into unbalance on a horrific scale. I guess the point I'm making is that 2xEXP is nice but doesn't come close to a new (free) mount or a handful of COOL items in a gift box *SOME* people are getting.

Again, thanks for listening!

Just my 2 copper.

~Roxy~
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Your the only one here reading what we put, and replying so you give of that impression.

The fact that there is a an abundant of threads been made, a 58 page thread, were people are attempting to flame, proves that this patch has pissed people off. Your right, people flame and cry alot with new patches, but to be fair recently PWE has been doing alot of CS events...Not any events which help non CSers.

And to make matters worse it's all been bombarded week after week, not spread out or anything so your trying to force people into CSin' for charms and dolls etc.

And when i say "you" and "your" i don't mean you specifically but the whole of PWE.

But regardless, now is the time to assess peoples thoughts before people really do quit, so this cant be rectified (if that's going to happen).
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    duke blacke black(e)list function, check!

j/k I read everything else too
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    duke blacke black(e)list function, check!

j/k I read everything else too

Got my hopes up.b:sadb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can't respond to every concern voiced, but I'm watching this thread very closely.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write a calm post about the aspects of the newly patched items that concern them the most.

I will continue to read well worded and specific feedback, I hope the folks who enjoy flaming take the time to leave some solid feedback too, because I want to hear your opinions as well b:thanks

I'm calm, some solid feedback from me would to be that developers/whoever is in charge of creating this packs and putting them out to the public should really "do their homework" and research what the items actually are, what they will do to people and more importantly what they will do the economy.

It seems these packs have been thrown together with all kinds of glorious items without any real time thought into what the items actually are. I would've liked to see a bit more done event-wise in game, rather than just 2x Exp.

I understand this isn't your fault and it must be hard reading through the posts that are just "omg nu updte dus suxx vary much plss rollback". In my dreams, a rollback would happen and a good fun event would be put in instead but in reality, this is making the company a lot of money and ultimately, money is everything to big companies.

I will keep supporting PWI, keep playing and have faith that the economy/game will recover from this, I will probably buy Zen in the future but I refuse to buy any of these boxes and support something that is making a lot of people sad.

I really like my new mount, so I am for now content that at least some people were rewarded regardless of if they've spent money or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
This discussion has been closed.