v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ive got the simple easy solution..rollback...refund all real life cash spent today make the items that was obtained from anniversary packs disappear..make the anniversary packs drop from mobs with stuff relevant to that players lvl or alternatively reward X number of packs to said players for amount of time they have played that way all players high level an low level alike feel appreciated by PWI

And then you woke up? b:bye

(it is a good idea, just never gonna happen)
    I loled at the math above me
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually believe it or not, even if a lvl 1 gets a end game weap or piece. they can't even use it yet. so they can either drop it or sell it. Now, that means that there's more end game mat's in the economy to buy. How is that a bad thing o.o.

You can get everything from cs now u fool.
    Sp from sp badges, rep from rep bages and exp from oracles. With enough oracles is not hard to get to 90 -.-
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i suggest a stick explaining how gold price really works....
    also a sticky on how more end game mats isn't nesscearily such a bad thing.

(if a lvl 30 gets end game weapon, i doubt they know what it is)
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So its going to take a GM approximatley 1-2 hours to read thru just this thread then another 1-2 hours to read (if they even bother) the other threads on the update(patch) Possibly another 4-5 hours to discuss amongst themselves then another 3-6 hours to come to a decision on wat to do then another 2-24 hours to implement their decision....so wat are we supposed to do in the meantime?
    Ive got the simple easy solution..rollback...refund all real life cash spent today make the items that was obtained from anniversary packs disappear..make the anniversary packs drop from mobs with stuff relevant to that players lvl or alternatively reward X number of packs to said players for amount of time they have played that way all players high level an low level alike feel appreciated by PWI
    I like that one it sounds most reasonable and way to make people happy and to work it out for the better.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2009
    I find it hilarious that people only want to blame the dev and not the GMs. The GMs are the ones taking/making suggestions and passing it to the devs. If it were upto the the devs, every version would have the same content at the same rate. No fancy midnight or anniversary mounts either.

Just suck it up. Look at MY-EN for example, gold prices shot up to 400-500k because of boxes/packs before it was even a year old. But a lot of people still played until PWI came out. When I think about it, everyone loved gold mat boxes there. Only real reason people gave up on that version was because of the lack of GM presence and the lag for countries outside asia.
    edited September 2009
    So its going to take a GM approximatley 1-2 hours to read thru just this thread then another 1-2 hours to read (if they even bother) the other threads on the update(patch) Possibly another 4-5 hours to discuss amongst themselves then another 3-6 hours to come to a decision on wat to do then another 2-24 hours to implement their decision....so wat are we supposed to do in the meantime?

this is a bad idea, that would lead to worse things. i think people need to calm down and realize, the other side of what has happend.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like that one it sounds most reasonable and way to make people happy and to work it out for the better.

If they do that there will be more ragers who spent tons of gold for anniversary packs b:chuckle
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • kingrat
    kingrat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Granted balancing a cash shop game is delicate. But I thought it was pretty well understood that you NEVER sell the ability to gain vastly superior weapons through the cash shop. Nix and herc were bad...but this is far far worse. It goes well beyond giving cash shoppers and added "edge" into the relms of "haha I pwned joo bcauz I spent more $ den joo!!!!"

This update also kinda made the whole previous update to Frost pointless. Grats, now everyone can get the gear easier and cheaper and never have to set foot in there.

On a side note I am glad they gave 1 yr players a gift that can show how long they have been here, and making it untradeable makes sure it stays as a status symbol. (and no I did not get one, started last Decemberb:victory )
    -From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.-Churchill

-A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.-Churchill

ElfMedic: cleric (7x)
    Shieldwall: barbarian (7x)
    Mournbringer: BM (6x)
    Silver_Ghost: archer (6x)
    Prejudice: wizard (4x)
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Please just close that foolish event before all the people quit, enough damage to this game has been done >.<
  • Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    More damage, more suffering, more MORE!
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Personally I think this event did exactly what it was supposed to do, that is get people to dump loads of money into the game. Do you see all those red messages saying *someone* got something something item? Those drops are rare as hell. I've charged $80 today and havent gotten anything but the crappy drops.

And to all you who say that Lunar glades are available in the cash shop, how many boxes have you opened before you came to that conclusion? Not all of us have a spare $1000 to dump into giftboxes. Rare items might be easier to farm now (no farming at all) but they're WAY expensive.

Anyways, I see no problem with this event. You don't need to buy anything at all if you choose not to.b:thanks
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    rollback will never happen, do you know how much money the game make from this event? i was seriously contemplating on spending 300 bucks this morning and another 200 before the event ended. i can safely estimate that they roll in at least 50k already easily
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this is a bad idea, that would lead to worse things. i think people need to calm down and realize, the other side of what has happend.

The other side... what is there to the other side .... "Gimma money!!!", thats the way i see it
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if its true that gold is this much then I will not be able to enjoy the game.

If gold charms are over 650k each on LC I think I'm calling it quits and going back to my old game.

<waves>

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Orangina_ - Harshlands
    Orangina_ - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I eventually use cs but still wondering to quit after the recent patch for the following reasons:

1. Gold price: I dont want to spend thousands of dollars to get my gear, its just stupid and kills the fun of farming the mats yourself. With this sale i wont get a chance to buy the dragon orbs, socket stones etc with in-game coins.
    I dont even want to mention that a charm costs now 1.6m+ which will ruin my life aswell.

2. Friends: There are many regular non cs users who r planning to quit or have quited already. In addition of loosing friends (which is the biggest problem of course) im also loosing my TT squad, and everyone knows farming with random peeps might cause a lot of errrr. issues.

3. Other players: Those who spend a lot of cash and lvl with oracles and such gather a very unfair advantage. Cs noobs from lvl 50->75 in days is just unacceptable while others work weeks or months to get the same ammount of xp. And just cuz they r not stupid enough to spend their cash on xp...

I do have 5 other reasons but this should be more than enough...
  • Shadow_Katee - Heavens Tear
    Shadow_Katee - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Good Luck in your so paised promise land game and thank you for making PWi servers less laggy by your absence. b:bye..., but do not come alter on here and QQ "that was not what we expected".b:laugh

*Sigh...* By all Sith tombs at Korriban... why people thing that this game will be in any way diferent from PWi or any other already running MMOs is a mystery, BUT i plan to stay here, watch how PWi will develop and try to enjoy this game as long as i could.b:victory
    edited September 2009
    lol will everyone read b4 they post? Case in point

More mats and other game items are avaliable to be bought w/ coins. How is that a bad thing? More products for you the consumer to purchase for your gear etc. More products to buy means lower prices for those items because their's so many of them.

I already explained the gold prices, basically if the players dont want to pay 500k for gold they dont have too. Then those gold sellers have to lower their price. This is perfect way to show how player control gold prices.

Thirdly stop blameing GM's they dont actually make the game lol. Their our liason representing us and what we want
  • Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Personally I think this event did exactly what it was supposed to do, that is get people to dump loads of money into the game. Do you see all those red messages saying *someone* got something something item? Those drops are rare as hell. I've charged $80 today and havent gotten anything but the crappy drops.

And to all you who say that Lunar glades are available in the cash shop, how many boxes have you opened before you came to that conclusion? Not all of us have a spare $1000 to dump into giftboxes. Rare items might be easier to farm now (no farming at all) but they're WAY expensive.

Anyways, I see no problem with this event. You don't need to buy anything at all if you choose not to.b:thanks

The problem is OTHERS CHOOSE TO BUY. And you're gonna face those ppl in the game with an unfair disadvantage.
    And a lot of ppl get those because they spent craploads of cash.
  • Nyghtshade - Heavens Tear
    Nyghtshade - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm not one to QQ or to really even bother to post but I do have 1 request. Anyway you could duct tape the duke's mouth shut? I am not complaining about the event nor am I complaining about the mounts. I just would like to not have my screen spammed by the duke when someone receives their items. Thank you for your time!
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold Prices are controlled by Players not GM's or dev's. The content PWI releases indirectly affects gold prices yes, but the main thing that control's it is the player.

thats what i call denial of responsability

Who is guilty ?
    the person who shot the sheriff or the one who sold the firearm?

- do free events like Xmas, St Valent ... and gold prices will go down

- Every week for the last 3 months there are tons of messages saying thats there are more than enough CS events for now

- I did put money in the game.; but wont anymore, Im not some walkking cash machine, i do have wife and kids to attend to, and i did put more money in here than i would have any P2P out there for the same period of time.

- Do we have all those CS event because of the new Digital law in china ? ( you cant buy ingame services anymore for real money => ie CS )

the game was fun while it lasted .; but people have more than enough being taken for cash machines, those that havent left yet will soon

And i dont want some response like = BUT wait for the next extra gigasome wooozeeer expansion that beats all there is .. im past the age of wishing upon a star, nor 12s telling me = Stop QQ and quit the game ( how much money have you put ingame? do you have kids to fed? have you done your homeworks? )

A game is something FUN .. PWI doesnt give me fun anymore, all i feel is worst than what i would feel going to the factory every day.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Ljia - Sanctuary
    Ljia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Their solution will probably be talking up the new classes, and saying something like, "Don't worry guys, we've planning even better things for the game in the near future!"

You know what they say about keeping an idiot in suspense? Yeah...

(Side note: QQ is so much more fun than I thought.)
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think unless they do something drastict to fix this im done playing till a new server comes out so everything is back to even playing field
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The problem is OTHERS CHOOSE TO BUY. And you're gonna face those ppl in the game with an unfair disadvantage.
    And a lot of ppl get those because they spent craploads of cash.

And what I was saying is this: You have a choice now. You can either farm endgame gear the way you have until now...that is weeks of farming mats...OR dish out a truckload of money. It's not unfair that some people actually work during the day to earn the money for a weapon and others spend all day farming it.
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    YOu guys really outdid yourselves.... now i know you guys are totally in iot for the money... if i was not fully committed to playing this game, and a leader, I would be out the door..
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009

More mats and other game items are avaliable to be bought w/ coins. How is that a bad thing? More products for you the consumer to purchase for your gear etc. More products to buy means lower prices for those items because their's so many of them.

I already explained the gold prices, basically if the players dont want to pay 500k for gold they dont have too. Then those gold sellers have to lower their price. This is perfect way to show how player control gold prices.

Thirdly stop blameing GM's they dont actually make the game lol. Their our liason representing us and what we want

Higher gold prices means higher everything. You can buy mats from the CS. so that is going to through mat prices through the roof. The games economy runs on gold prices, the higher they are the more pricey **** is.
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    And this stupid Anniversary Gift Box will be available during one month lol, could you imagine how many cash PWE will earn? And all that spam system message flooding our common chat: Duke shouts let be known that xxxx has got a godlike weapon is so scary o.O
    edited September 2009
    thats what i call denial of responsability

Who is guilty ?
    the person who shot the sheriff or the one who sold the firearm?

- do free events like Xmas, St Valent ... and gold prices will go down

- Every week for the last 3 months there are tons of messages saying thats there are more than enough CS events for now

- I did put money in the game.; but wont anymore, Im not some walkking cash machine, i do have wife and kids to attend to, and i did put more money in here than i would have any P2P out there for the same period of time.

- Do we have all those CS event because of the new Digital law in china ? ( you cant buy ingame services anymore for real money => ie CS )

the game was fun while it lasted .; but people have more than enough being taken for cash machines, those that havent left yet will soon

And i dont want some response like = BUT wait for the next extra gigasome wooozeeer expansion that beats all there is .. im past the age of wishing upon a star, nor 12s telling me = Stop QQ and quit the game ( how much money have you put ingame? do you have kids to fed? have you done your homeworks? )

A game is something FUN .. PWI doesnt give me fun anymore, all i feel is worst than what i would feel going to the factory every day.

you still dont understand the point. If people did not want to pay a certian price for gold and not buy it, that means gold loses demand. If there is less demand for gold that means the price has to go down. Right now prices are high because people have to much money, so it requires more money to pay for things. The Dev's want to suck money out of the system. This event and Jones is doing that. When players have less coin to spend on the game what does that mean? hopefully u guessed lower prices
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    U dont get it its not the gold prices that r **** up the game its this is now a pay for everything u need
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sengashi - Harshlands
    Sengashi - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Those never should come into circulation the way it could. These mats are supposed to be difficult to obtain. Not just CSed into existence.

I don't know how many times some one has said this same thing, but it doesn't change. No matter what someone WILL buy gold for the sell price, thus those prices stay as they are during events. Just look at past events and remember the price of gold.
    edited September 2009
    Higher gold prices means higher everything. You can buy mats from the CS. so that is going to through mat prices through the roof. The games economy runs on gold prices, the higher they are the more pricey **** is.

ok dude think for a sec. Gold price is controlled by the deman for it. If more people need gold and want it price is gonna go up. However if people are unwilling to pay a high price (like right now) that price will come down, because people wont buy it. also more end game mats=lower price because theirs more of that product available to purhcase.
This discussion has been closed.