v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• shadownet
    shadownet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As I registered in 8/14/08 I should have gotten the mount. However, I went to my mail just now and nothing. Is there something I'm missing or should I submit a ticket?
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold 400k ea.. bye bye nix.

bye bye SoF too T-T
    Kind of depressing
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Game has gone to hell. Ever since the first CS sale late July (if i remember right) Gold prices in AH have not been the same, and now at the highest that I'm sure anyone has ever seen. I place the blame not on the players, but the people who run and make the game. IF they really cared enough there would of been a cap on gold by now. NOT once have i spent money on gold, nor will i ever after this massacre! I have done every bit of farming and grinding for my gold and goodies. I praise the game a lot... well i did. THE best mmorpg i have ever played, but the economy of the game has made me to decided to stop playing until this **** gets fixed (if ever)
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I love how ppl r complaining about gold prices when everyone in game will have perfect shards+ in there gear have lunar weapons and warsoul weapons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beforedawn
    beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think it's really unfair that only players who registered before Sept. 08, 2008 get free stuff. I mean I know there is double exp and stuff but I think even new players deserve rewards for just choosing to play this game. People might not require perks like free stuff to stay in a game but it certainly would make people happy. I'm not talking about Cash Shop items dropping from monsters (that would be unfair to players who spent real money buying them) but just like, anniversary themed items. Perhaps special anniversary themed pots that recover HP and MP instantly or anniversary pets or anniversary fashion. The drop rate would have to be tinkered with of course but it would at least be showing the players that you cared about their happiness and that they are rewarded for playing whether they invest real money in the game or not. They could have even done different rewards for people who have been playing for different amounts of times. So like if you have been playing for a year, this is what you get, if you have been playing for 9 months, you get some other thing, etc. This game is ultimately a business and should be run like one, so they should give out more free things and rewards like other big companies/stores with point systems for rewards or something. I have played my share of MMORPGs and for the amount of time I have played this game, other games would have had many more events giving out free rewards. It is the anniversary of this game, I thought that should mean something to the people running this game. Therefore perhaps they should feel more grateful and generous towards all players, not just the older players.
  • FinalDays - Harshlands
    FinalDays - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Seems to me that PWI is trying to make as much money as possble before the *game that is censored* comes out, but by doing that they are pissing more ppl off and forcing even larger numbers to leave.

Thats my observasion.
  • HxC_Cherry - Lost City
    HxC_Cherry - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I love how ppl r complaining about gold prices when everyone in game will have perfect shards+ in there gear have lunar weapons and warsoul weapons

yea :/ say bb to pking...( for those who dont add csah on this game)
    ppl with this stuff are gona be 840923 times harder to beat and thell be 1 hiting ppl like me

still think pking is fun now?
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Seems to me that PWI is trying to make as much money as possble before the *game that is censored* comes out, but by doing that they are pissing more ppl off and forcing even larger numbers to leave.

Thats my observasion.

+1

Had they not spammed us mercilessly with CS sales and finally this event, they would have saved a lot of the player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Roukie - Lost City
    Roukie - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This game goes into S H I T S. A few more stupid events like this and GM will be here alone...This is serious...

Once I said that PWI not leave, that I put into it a lot of time and effort, but I left PW for now, maybe for ever!!!!

A lot of people do not like this sux patch....Developers and managment THINKING FOR NEXT TIME

Maybe you got more dollars but this is cruel end PW
    b:bye
    edited September 2009
    i wanna know how they thought this **** was a good idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    beforedawn wrote: »
    I think it's really unfair that only players who registered before Sept. 08, 2008 get free stuff. I mean I know there is double exp and stuff but I think even new players deserve rewards for just choosing to play this game. People might not require perks like free stuff to stay in a game but it certainly would make people happy. I'm not talking about Cash Shop items dropping from monsters (that would be unfair to players who spent real money buying them) but just like, anniversary themed items. Perhaps special anniversary themed pots that recover HP and MP instantly or anniversary pets or anniversary fashion. The drop rate would have to be tinkered with of course but it would at least be showing the players that you cared about their happiness and that they are rewarded for playing whether they invest real money in the game or not. They could have even done different rewards for people who have been playing for different amounts of times. So like if you have been playing for a year, this is what you get, if you have been playing for 9 months, you get some other thing, etc. This game is ultimately a business and should be run like one, so they should give out more free things and rewards like other big companies/stores with point systems for rewards or something. I have played my share of MMORPGs and for the amount of time I have played this game, other games would have had many more events giving out free rewards. It is the anniversary of this game, I thought that should mean something to the people running this game. Therefore perhaps they should feel more grateful and generous towards all players, not just the older players.

Very well said. Its just one big disappointment to all the players after all this most of the players are getting slaps in the face instead of a yay thank you all for playing with us and keeping us alive
    edited September 2009
    i wanna know how they thought this **** was a good idea

Greed? asdas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Seems to me that PWI is trying to get people interested in new content before the *game that is censored* comes out, but because everything is money-based they are pissing more ppl off and forcing even larger numbers to leave.

Fixed.

10fixes
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gah keep things on topic, the main issues arent the mounts, its the packs + gold prices b:laugh.

Like i said before, thier 'milk the cow hardest before it dies' idea actually is driving more players away than would have left in the first place b:bye
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    <----Frequent lurker.

Just chiming in to say that I love the new mount. I may not have a free one since I'm a relatively new player, but it'll be nice to see something that looks frikkin evil. I Bet the auction house is going to be jam-packed w/ those. GJ on that PWI.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HxC_Cherry - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    ooo guys, and you notice NOT ONE gm has posted in this thread, or replied to any of the, now locked threads out there....

there probly ignoring us and thinking of what tehre gona add in the cash shop next week >.>
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think this whole thread is useless. Its not like the devs read pwi forums. The GMs just tell them what we're complaining about and half the time the devs dont care/listen.
    edited September 2009
    ooo guys, and you notice NOT ONE gm has posted in this thread, or replied to any of the, now locked threads out there....

there probly ignoring us and thinking of what tehre gona add in the cash shop next week >.>

xarfox locked a few threads but didn't say anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009

1. I dont have any of those.
    2.Gold and gold prices have nothing to do with Lunar/Warsoul weapons.
    edited September 2009
    Well the gold prices arent bad tbh they r eh but i mean come on perfect shards are gonna be everyone lunar weapons for the rich nothing for the hardworking i never thought about leaving before but i mean come on b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Very well said. Its just one big disappointment to all the players after all this most of the players are getting slaps in the face instead of a yay thank you all for playing with us and keeping us alive

I'm not disappointed. I figure I'll probably get my turn next year.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    <----Frequent lurker.

Just chiming in to say that I love the new mount. I may not have a free one since I'm a relatively new player, but it'll be nice to see something that looks frikkin evil. I Bet the auction house is going to be jam-packed w/ those. GJ on that PWI.

People who did get the free mount, cant sell it. Its bound to char. Other then this its UGLY! You are right, it looks evil...but freaking ugly evil.

...i think GMs wouldnt read that many threads. Damage is done...like always.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    +1

Had they not spammed us mercilessly with CS sales and finally this event, they would have saved a lot of the player base.

I highly doubt this is the last sell we will see. Once October comes around there will be new clothing and then with December they are more than likely to through a ton of more **** in CS. If they need more money, they should stick to their best game, and not be making two (or maybe even more games.) [Seen previews for JD2 ALREADY, and imo, JD just sucks] If it is a want, they are just as greedy as the players are in game. Shame Shame
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well I made it about 20 pages through the ranting and raving of this thread so here's what I think.

1) Good job andracil, I could never in a million years be a forum mod, at least not one nearly as good as you.

2) It was inevitable. All games with cash shops eventually get consumed by them, no ifs ands or buts. You work hard in the early days of a game? Doesn't matter, all your work will eventually be for nothing. Complaining will do no good, but leaving will stop your pain.

3) This damn patch needs to hurry up so I can find a few things out...
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • HxC_Cherry - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Gah keep things on topic, the main issues arent the mounts, its the packs + gold prices b:laugh.

Like i said before, thier 'milk the cow hardest before it dies' idea actually is driving more players away than would have left in the first place b:bye

its really not even about the gold prices, sorta

... its about the insain items that are in these packs, that now made this game go to hell...... like the warsoul wepons,... thouse are supose to be the hardest wepons to get, end game weapons,... and now there falling out the sky,... hh100 mats... the armore..... the g11-12 shards.... yep all faling out the sky to players who max out tehre creditcards, and feed these greedy ppl

this game has reallly gone to hell, im sorry

at this point ur really better off going, and paying for a p2p game ;| like that one game that starts with a A and ends with a N (2 letters inbetween) ;D

thell just delet my post or block the word out if i say it
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think this whole thread is useless. Its not like the devs read pwi forums. The GMs just tell them what we're complaining about and half the time the devs dont care/listen.

E
    X
    A
    C
    T
    L
    Y

and that, my friend, is why PWI has all these problems.

This is really just a thread to vent and rant, with a few GM posts here and there to try and calm people down.
    edited September 2009

At the rate they are going dear there Will Not be a next year. The game economy is a large issue and by doing what they just did and pissing off the lvl 80s and more they just screwed up. If they don't fix the economy of the game the game will not celebrate another birthday it will die. All their work will be for not because they killed the game with greed before they could add different features like maybe better custom buttons and things to attract new players or even fix the bugs they have not fixed.
    Also, this patch seems bugged good enough for me I've had my screen error out 3 times within a 6hours max and I wasn't even fighting anything just sitting in one place.
    They messed up and that is all there is to it.
  • beforedawn
    beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I am disappointed. I probably would have been loyal and devoted to this game had they not pulled this stunt because I think in terms of game play it is one of the best ones I have played. Honestly, who knows if there is a next year? And even if there is, what if they say, oh only people who have been with us for two years or longer get free rewards? They should have given everyone rewards but better rewards for people who played longer so then they think, oh I should stay and keep playing because next year I will be the one getting the better stuff. Instead of this big gap of people playing for more than a year getting free mounts and everyone else get nothing.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Again I point out how many people said the exact same thing about Neopets 4 years ago when Viacom bought them, and the site is still alive and kicking today.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Again I point out how many people said the exact same thing about Neopets 4 years ago when Viacom bought them, and the site is still alive and kicking today.

wut teh **** is a neopet?
This discussion has been closed.