v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wut teh **** is a neopet?

^This b:chuckle
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    beforedawn wrote: »
    I think it's really unfair that only players who registered before Sept. 08, 2008 get free stuff. I mean I know there is double exp and stuff but I think even new players deserve rewards for just choosing to play this game.

For someone that's been around that long, do you think they really care if they have a +10m/s BOUND mount that occupies pet bag space? I want 11m/s and I don't care what it looks like. I'd also be pissed if I'd paid for a Hell hound last night. Also, do you really think we like how fast and easy people are able to catch up to us in levels and they go and add the +% xp?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    beforedawn wrote: »
    Honestly, who knows if there is a next year? And even if there is, what if they say, oh only people who have been with us for two years or longer get free rewards?

Then I shrug, say "Oh well." and continue riding my Kirin that I adore anyway.

Virtual pet.
  • HxC_Cherry - Lost City
    HxC_Cherry - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009

haha ;PP

i used to play neopets =DDDDD

ok were what 31 pages in ? and a gm hasnt responded once,... wen they finally do if they do, they will probly only read the first page, and maby the last 2 or 3 >.<
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009

its a game but the difference between them and here is they didn't **** up. Honestly. My sister plays the game they actually did well in the transition PWI just screwed up. There is a large difference between Neopets and here also. The style of game play for one. If you are going to compare he should use a better example.
    So Rurik_Niall try again you fail in comparing.
  • Sengashi - Harshlands
    Sengashi - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Again I point out how many people said the exact same thing about Neopets 4 years ago when Viacom bought them, and the site is still alive and kicking today.

This isn't Neopets. Comparing it to Neopets results in fail of epic proportions.
  • beforedawn
    beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Again I point out how many people said the exact same thing about Neopets 4 years ago when Viacom bought them, and the site is still alive and kicking today.

Yeah but it's a totally different concept. They give out free stuff every single day. And there are always new events, the site is updated with new content everyday, and the site content is massive. And when you spend real money on the game, you get bonus items online. Plus, you don't need to spend real money in that game to succeed. You can't even trade the stuff you buy with real money in game.

Does that sound like this game? No.
    edited September 2009
    its a game but the difference between them and here is they didn't **** up. Honestly. My sister plays the game they actually did well in the transition PWI just screwed up. There is a large difference between Neopets and here also. The style of game play for one. If you are going to compare he should use a better example.
    So Rurik_Niall try again you fail in comparing.

No, because that's a matter of opinion. Lots of people hate the changes Viacom has made over the years, the Neocash mall, the ads, premium membership, customization, the list goes on. Lots of people have said that all those changes would kill the site, and they haven't.

And it's just Rurik by the way.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:laugh 31 pages in under 3 hours... not bad..

21.6k views b:shocked

I don't see how these problems can be resolved...
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, guess its time to leave PWI.

Have fun new players (payers), with all the thing thats being handed to you, and we fools worked so hard over a year and most couldnt get it. I'm proud to say i never spent a cent in this game and got where many couldn't. Now any
    lvl 1 with money can have better stuff than me (and that already happened at herc and nix, where i saw many of my lvl 80+ veno friends leaving at that time for being useless compared to lvl 60 payers venos).

To think i joined in december because of the wonderfull x-mas event, and now im leavng thanks to another event is funny

well, my first post on forums and also the last. There IS a way people, just quit,

Maybe ill log in sometime just to chat, while some of my friends are STILL here.
  • Ljia - Sanctuary
    Ljia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've read almost every single response here. I'm utterly disgusted with the situation. I've let the game download the new patch for 2 hours but I can't bring myself to start it now. All good things comes to an end, but this one didn't have to die so soon.

b:bye
  • kingrat
    kingrat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Real question is where are the GM's? Letting the poor forum mods take the brunt of the flames and damage control is a bad sign.

Sadly this game is going the way of so many other F2P games and it makes me sad, it really seemed like it might do so much better in the begining. If this goes the way I fear it will I think I will have to give up on "F2P" games as they all end up being more expensive than P2P games if you want to compete.

Please PWI, listen to your players, you need to stop making it more and more necesary to use real cash, and yes, I have used real cash on this game as I like supporting the games I enjoy. However I will not give them another dollar unless things stabalize as I see no reason to try and save a sinking ship after the captain has already bailed out.
    -From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.-Churchill

-A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.-Churchill

ElfMedic: cleric (7x)
    Shieldwall: barbarian (7x)
    Mournbringer: BM (6x)
    Silver_Ghost: archer (6x)
    Prejudice: wizard (4x)
    edited September 2009
    Rurik_Niall you failed. If you want to compare choose a game of the same style for you one. There is a difference here. Right now they spit in the face of all higher levels for one and just pissed them off. They are chasing more players away then they are keeping and killing the economy of the game while they are doing it. If the economy of the game goes so does the game. I liked a lot of things about the game but if the economy of the game goes so does the game but unlike real life people don't die. Its a fact of life watch the economy and keep it from sinking.
    The only thing about a game economy that is better than a real life one is NO ONE TRULY DIES. Except for the game itself.
    So, I suggest you please try again and pick a game that you can truly compare in style to with this one.
    There is a large difference between a website based game then one that must use a client for one.
    Sincerely,
    SIN
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Would like a GMs shift to start to hear what they have to say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The GM's are at their homes, getting some sleep. They're still humans (I think x_X). They'll be on soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vucko - Dreamweaver
    Vucko - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Huh quiting people i would like to ask you amthign if somebody quits on dreamwaver please pm me and give me your stuff i didnt get mount but so what thats life for you its not fair
    edited September 2009
    yeah ik they r sleeping but what time they get on lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Varies... Spoons usually gets on in about an hour, the rest is a bit after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    b:laugh 31 pages in under 3 hours... not bad..

21.6k views b:shocked

I don't see how these problems can be resolved...

aww Parody*huggles* I just hope they fixed it. I liked the marriage aspect for one. I thought that was really cute and I haven't seen it really in other games but they ruin it for greed its really sad.b:sad
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *shoves a fork in spoonzie* WAKE UP
    edited September 2009
    Okie well im gonna go cry for a bit be back later to see what happens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've read almost every single response here. I'm utterly disgusted with the situation. I've let the game download the new patch for 2 hours but I can't bring myself to start it now. All good things comes to an end, but this one didn't have to die so soon.

b:bye

next time download it manualy. Takes like 15min or less to download and install it.
    I'm thinking of quiting as well, even tho i paid/supported for this game i never did anything nice from it. Everytime i did, i got a slap in my face right away. I just got so tired of this....
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Antihero - Harshlands
    Antihero - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Aren't anniversaries meant to "thank" the PLAYERBASE for supporting the game throughout the year and being loyal to it??? Because that's what my impression was.
    Dear Mr Spoons, Xarfox etc. consider the following:
    The loyal players stick with you for a whole year, through good and bad times and spend lots of time trying to farm an object they desire (lets take the 95 CV gold bow as an example). 1 Year passes and the most loyal and dedicated players succeed in getting their weapon or armor.
    Now you come along with your 1 year anniverssary, which should THANK PLAYERS WHO STUCK FOR A WHOLE YEAR and what do you do? Thats right...all the time and hard work your loyal players have invested, you spit on by introducing the very same rewards and even otherwise IMPOSSIBLE ones to get to the cash shop. Now the only ones who benefit are Cash Shoppers. Oh the irony, maybe you guys have a different deffinition of "loyal". Maybe to you loyal players are ones who empty their wallets, because as much as I try to look at it differently the past few months your updates were aimed at cash shoppers and not regular players.
    After this brilliant move you **** off the most loyal people, who stuck with you for a year. I USED (yes i'm done after today's patch) to play this game with 20 very close ingame fiends. Guess how many of them are still playing after your tuesday patch? Yup that's 0 folks. You've successfully managed to alienate some of the people who stuck with you since day 1.
    Have fun destroying what little is left of a game i used to love. I am going to give other games a chance, because from my perspective you guys don't want to give this game a chance anymore.
    Goodbye Perfect World International, you have been twisted into an abomination. Goodbye Perfect World Greedternational.
    edited September 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    The GM's are at their homes, getting some sleep. They're still humans (I think x_X). They'll be on soon.

that made me laughb:thanks
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    OK i saw a thread somewhere about gold prices going up through the roof so i'll post here about it.

Gold Prices are controlled by Players not GM's or dev's. The content PWI releases indirectly affects gold prices yes, but the main thing that control's it is the player.

Gold is a item, and like any item players will sell it for profit. Players buying items have a price that the will not go over for the item, and sellers have a price they wont go under to sell their product.

This is what's happening now to gold. There has been a lot of new content and items in the cash shop that has stimulated a large deman for gold. Because of that players who buy gold w/ their own cash, sell that gold for a high price because they know the deman is higher and that they can ask for more coin in return. so when you see gold prices peak at 400k-500k that's not the GM's putting that price there, it's the players who are selling it doing that.

The Jolly Jones event and this anniversery event as well are meant to suck money out of the pwi economy. Why you might ask? So that prices will fall.
    Players right now in PWI have a lot of money to spend, infact too much money. PWI doesn't want inflation, which means you'll have to pay more coin for the same product. Basically if players spend all their money on these new and some limited time products, then they will have less to spend on other things. This means that people selling things at a high price will have to lower that price because their buyers no longer afford there product that they are selling.

You have not seen lower prices because money is still being taken out of the pwi economy. Once enough money has been taken out you should see a big drop in the price of most things.

So in short, plese do not get mad at dev's or GM;s for bringing you new content and new items in cash shop. New content is a good thing that promotes growth and activity. Players control the price, if you dont want to pay 500k for gold, dont buy it.

no more talk aobut gold prices lol, it's all explained here b:victory
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
    edited September 2009
    Rurik_Niall you failed. If you want to compare choose a game of the same style for you one. There is a difference here. Right now they spit in the face of all higher levels for one and just pissed them off. They are chasing more players away then they are keeping and killing the economy of the game while they are doing it. If the economy of the game goes so does the game. I liked a lot of things about the game but if the economy of the game goes so does the game but unlike real life people don't die. Its a fact of life watch the economy and keep it from sinking.
    The only thing about a game economy that is better than a real life one is NO ONE TRULY DIES. Except for the game itself.
    So, I suggest you please try again and pick a game that you can truly compare in style to with this one.
    There is a large difference between a website based game then one that must use a client for one.
    Sincerely,
    SIN

This is untrue, there are several other MMO's now that are completely browser based using the Unity plugin, no need for a client. The fact remains that just because a bunch of doomsayers cry that the game is going to die because of something, doesn't mean it will. So the gold prices doubled, that's hardly ruining the economy of the game. The anniversary boxes are temporary, once they're gone things will start to return to normal, gold will come down in value, etc.
  • Sengashi - Harshlands
    Sengashi - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    andracil wrote: »

They should become zombies. b:quiet
    edited September 2009
    next time download it manualy. Takes like 15min or less to download and install it.
    I'm thinking of quiting as well, even tho i paid/supported for this game i never did anything nice from it. Everytime i did, i got a slap in my face right away. I just got so tired of this....

As did I I like supporting a game I like and play but its not nice being slapped in the face and it makes us now feel we wasted what we spent...
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think this event went a little too far.Sure give away all the fashion and mounts you want. But insane gear? That's pushing it.
    edited September 2009
    This is untrue, there are several other MMO's now that are completely browser based using the Unity plugin, no need for a client. The fact remains that just because a bunch of doomsayers cry that the game is going to die because of something, doesn't mean it will. So the gold prices doubled, that's hardly ruining the economy of the game. The anniversary boxes are temporary, once they're gone things will start to return to normal, gold will come down in value, etc.

Doubt it will make it because at the beginning of October there is a high chance of a new event which will keep one gold prices high. Two you are not really looking at the fact that they just slapped many people in the face most of them who have been loyal. If this is how they treat their loyal they have very bad taste. They needed to watch the economy of the game and have failed if the economy of the game fails to long it will be like real life the economy will DIE it is what happens. They are just lucky no real lives are at stake.
This discussion has been closed.