v182 Update discussion thread.

Comments

• beforedawn
    beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is untrue, there are several other MMO's now that are completely browser based using the Unity plugin, no need for a client. The fact remains that just because a bunch of doomsayers cry that the game is going to die because of something, doesn't mean it will. So the gold prices doubled, that's hardly ruining the economy of the game. The anniversary boxes are temporary, once they're gone things will start to return to normal, gold will come down in value, etc.

I do not know if things will return to normal but I do know that PWI lost a lot of dedicated players today. I believe it takes loyalty and dedication for these players to reach high levels and now PWI has just lost a lot of them all in one go. Will things return to normal? I don't know.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok....I skimmed through the pages, but reading through the QQ/Poor Me was getting rather daunting...

Here is what it comes down too:

1) People are greedy. In-game MANY will try to capitalize on this "event," yes this is a game, but the economy in a sense masks that which happens in RL. I saw this coming, where was everyone else. I bought quite a bit of Gold for 180k yesterday knowing that there was going to be something big for the Anniversary. For those who failed to see that then I do not know what to say. People CANNOT tell me they did not see this coming.

2) High gold prices --> this is not because of the event itself, it is because of the potential items that can be received in the packs. People can QQ about "working" for the items, farming, blah blah blah....Is there a solution to this? NO. There is nothing anyone can do about it so suck it up and go with it. There are many who cannot, not would most likely NEVER have access to many of these items, therefore maybe "leveling" the playing field a little is the intention? Who knows...fact remains...Many of these items will be extremely difficult to get.

3) No one is complaining about the 2x Experience every weekend this month? It has to be ALL about $$ $$ $$? Those complaining concern me because it is not extremely difficult to farm money. The issue is MANY are already gimped because a few of the servers have factions that rake in coins. It has never not been a huge issue until many of these events/sales went back to back.

4) If you are going to quit....then do it for heaven's sake. Spare us the QQ drama, like YOU are entitled to something that everyone else is not.

** I have not been in-game since the patch...I know from talking to people that Gold is high and to me that is not a shock. Although I am curious as to how much these packs are...Lol.

---> Anyways, point is: If you do not like it then stop playing. IF you feel the need to point fingers at GM's...lol...you are naive, since it is NOT the GM's who make these sales and patches.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ima come back later and see if spoons has woken up....
    I have a suspicion he will be 'asleep' all day b:chuckle

Honestly, this was an amazing game...but now.....RIP
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I love how people got GX's with 5 bucks...b:laughb:chuckle
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Sengashi - Harshlands
    Sengashi - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is untrue, there are several other MMO's now that are completely browser based using the Unity plugin, no need for a client. The fact remains that just because a bunch of doomsayers cry that the game is going to die because of something, doesn't mean it will. So the gold prices doubled, that's hardly ruining the economy of the game. The anniversary boxes are temporary, once they're gone things will start to return to normal, gold will come down in value, etc.

This isn't just about the gold price in AH. Take out the gold price factor and think. People are paying real money to get end-game gear instead of working for it like other people had to, and even then there were few of some of those items. People are getting G11/G12 shards which should take more effort to get as well, but now you can just CS those. And farming TT for those rare gold mats you need for TT? Forget about it now with the Mysterious Chip addition into this. Just get your green mats and your good to go.

What's ruining the game is that things that are supposed to be DIFFICULT to obtain have become several times easier.

It destroys a sense of accomplishment that you actually worked for the gear you have, when along comes an event where even a low level newb can just start charging zen and obtain these things just like that. No effort needed. No hours of time spent to get something that would take weeks to get.

This event can be the equivalent of PWI's own suicide if they don't do something about. Players have every right to be outraged at this horrible atrocity they call an anniversary.

EDIT: RedsRose those packs are 1 gold each.
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i think all the gms will be alseep today
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If they dare to pretend they're asleep all day, I'll kill them. I don't want to do this on my own for another day D=<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kingrat
    kingrat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think this event went a little too far.Sure give away all the fashion and mounts you want. But insane gear? That's pushing it.

Agreed. This is the point at which a F2P game starts failing, when it is imposible to keep up if you dont use the cash shop. It is pure greed by the home office, sadly the GM's don't have control of this but must run damage control.

I do feel sorry for spoons who is probably drinking his coffee dreading going to work today. It must be hard to watch something that they have worked so hard on being slowly torn apart by corporate greed.
    -From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.-Churchill

-A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.-Churchill

ElfMedic: cleric (7x)
    Shieldwall: barbarian (7x)
    Mournbringer: BM (6x)
    Silver_Ghost: archer (6x)
    Prejudice: wizard (4x)
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    ~gibes andracil an angry cat~ go get em xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    If they dare to pretend they're asleep all day, I'll kill them. I don't want to do this on my own for another day D=<

I got your back andracil b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Doubt it will make it because at the beginning of October there is a high chance of a new event which will keep one gold prices high. Two you are not really looking at the fact that they just slapped many people in the face most of them who have been loyal. If this is how they treat their loyal they have very bad taste. They needed to watch the economy of the game and have failed if the economy of the game fails to long it will be like real life the economy will DIE it is what happens. They are just lucky no real lives are at stake.

If they consider this to be such a slap in the face that they're willing to quit the game over it, then maybe they're not quite as loyal as they claim to be.
  • Vucko - Dreamweaver
    Vucko - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    im kinda with rurik on this
  • beforedawn
    beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If they consider this to be such a slap in the face that they're willing to quit the game over it, then maybe they're not quite as loyal as they claim to be.

What, your definition of loyalty is if someone slaps your right cheek, you should give them the left to slap too? Perhaps that definition is applicable to circumstances to real life, but to apply it to virtual games is insane and unhealthy. You have to realize that people are entitled to their opinions and you cannot say what they should consider a slap to the face and what they shouldn't, and that should definitely not be a measure of loyalty. People all have different levels of endurance. With that said however I do think there should be less drama from the people who are quitting.
  • Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009

There's a diff between loyal and ****. What do you want them to wait for, the time when newbs get the "1hit higher lvl players" spell. Oops did i give away the second year aniversary gifts to loyal players.
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    loyalt goes so far i mean these past months don't tell me "there not loyal" giving me this mess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Ok u guys throw hundreds of hours in this game to try to get the best gear and someone can come in and get some of the best weapons without doing anythign besides buying some gold its just too much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if its true that gold is this much then I will not be able to enjoy the game.

If gold charms are over 650k each on LC I think I'm calling it quits and going back to my old game.
  • Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There's a diff between loyal and ****. What do you want them to wait for, the time when newbs get the "1hit higher lvl players" spell. Oops did i give away the second year aniversary gifts to loyal players.

My words ftw.b:laugh
  • Nosidam - Sanctuary
    Nosidam - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold = 450k each.
    Gold HP Charm = 4 gold = 1.8 million coins
    600,000 HP per gold charm.
    1.8 million /600,000 = 3 coins per damage.

You go kill a mob, and it hits you 5 times for 300 damage.
    So it cost you 45k to kill that mob.
    The mob drops 54 coins.

What's wrong with this game?
  • Ljia - Sanctuary
    Ljia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    andracil wrote: »

If you don't want to clean the forums, don't do it. It's their mess to mop up. Besides, it's not like there's going to be any serious consequences for you shirking your job as a volunteer forum moderator.
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009

lol that's cute and a nice come backb:chuckleb:victory
    edited September 2009
    beforedawn wrote: »
    What, your definition of loyalty is if someone slaps your right cheek, you should give them the left to slap too? Perhaps that definition is applicable to circumstances to real life, but to apply it to virtual games is insane and unhealthy. You have to realize that people are entitled to their opinions and you cannot say what they should consider a slap to the face and what they shouldn't, and that should definitely not be a measure of loyalty. People all have different levels of endurance. With that said however I do think there should be less drama from the people who are quitting.

My definition of loyalty is the one that's in my copy of Webster's, same as my definition of any other word.

1 : unswerving in allegiance
    a : faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or government
    b : faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due
    c : faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product
    2 : showing loyalty
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    YOU PEOPLE DONT GET ITb:angry

Not gold price -.- CV bow is like ultimate ea weapon. 1$ and its urs.
    GX same thing.. whats the point of playing this game? People waste time farming x item. Update comes everyone with 1 buck can buy it from cs.. bye bye guys. Enjoyb:bye
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you don't want to clean the forums, don't do it. It's their mess to mop up. Besides, it's not like there's going to be any serious consequences for you shirking your job as a volunteer forum moderator.

Eh, I say those things, but I'd still do it. I love the forums and my job ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009

GX same thing.. whats the point of playing this game? People waste time farming x item. Update comes everyone with 1 buck can buy it from cs.. bye bye guys. Enjoyb:bye

More or less that alone screwed up the economy and spit on peoples hard work...
    edited September 2009

I intend to enjoy, thank you. b:pleased
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Perhaps a better way to have introduced the anniversary packs would have been to award the long time players with them instead of this ugly mount perhaps 2 a day for those who have been here longest and 1 a day for those who havent played as long, or even the amount of packs daily related to how many months u have been playin . TAKE THEM OUT OF THE CASH SHOP before the game is completely RUINED for all.....

this is actually a helpful idea lets try to keep them going. No more "omg i hate this game now!"

i think every1 knows were not in favor of the anniversy pack being in CS. Come up w/ a solution rather than crying about the problem
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So its going to take a GM approximatley 1-2 hours to read thru just this thread then another 1-2 hours to read (if they even bother) the other threads on the update(patch) Possibly another 4-5 hours to discuss amongst themselves then another 3-6 hours to come to a decision on wat to do then another 2-24 hours to implement their decision....so wat are we supposed to do in the meantime?
    Ive got the simple easy solution..rollback...refund all real life cash spent today make the items that was obtained from anniversary packs disappear..make the anniversary packs drop from mobs with stuff relevant to that players lvl or alternatively reward X number of packs to said players for amount of time they have played that way all players high level an low level alike feel appreciated by PWI
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually believe it or not, even if a lvl 1 gets a end game weap or piece. they can't even use it yet. so they can either drop it or sell it. Now, that means that there's more end game mat's in the economy to buy. How is that a bad thing o.o.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold = 450k each.
    Gold HP Charm = 4 gold = 1.8 million coins
    600,000 HP per gold charm.
    1.8 million /600,000 = 3 coins per damage.

You go kill a mob, and it hits you 5 times for 300 damage.
    So it cost you 45k to kill that mob.
    The mob drops 54 coins.

What's wrong with this game?

Epic game mechanics.
This discussion has been closed.