v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And what I was saying is this: You have a choice now. You can either farm endgame gear the way you have until now...that is weeks of farming mats...OR dish out a truckload of money. It's not unfair that some people actually work during the day to earn the money for a weapon and others spend all day farming it.

Do you actually read what you're writing.

Maybe I'm not a working man. Maybe I'm a spoiled brat with unlimited cash that my daddy gave me and rotten atitude. You can work your **** of in the game and be one of the few skilled players but I without any skills, no work and no love fo the game can take you out everytime i see you and you wouldn't stand a chance. CS should not overwrite skill in game.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thats what i call denial of responsability
    Who is guilty ?
    the person who shot the sheriff or the one who sold the firearm?

Unless the person who shot the sheriff explicitly told the firearms dealer what they planned to do with it, then the only person responsible is the person who did the shooting. Would you blame Wal Mart because they sold the plastic bags that someone was asphyxiated with? The water company for providing the water that filled a pool a child drowned in? No, because it's in no way, shape, or form their responsibility.
  • IHorizon - Dreamweaver
    IHorizon - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Kill the pack, it isn't needed. ):
    iHorizon, stealing your kills since 1993. : D
    Also, rez'ing random DreamWeaver's since 2009. >:3
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if a rollback is not the solution then i am open to ideas an suggestions people are walking out the doors of PWI in hordes many of them cash shop/zen chargers themselves something must be done or this game is gonna be no better than Pong these items from the anniversary packs are creating a gross division of players in the game...so rollback may not be the answer but im sure it would go a very long way to regaining the respect of the people who have left because of todays patch i personally hate to see a rollback happen i will loose alot of time an effort with the things i have done today but something needs to happen an soon
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The reason why gold prices are so high is coz u keep fkin buying them, use that thing on top of your shoulders and stop buying them lol

and if ur gonna quit shut up and go QQ elsewhere coz no one cares TY.. bb
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I like it how the people that like this event are all 40 or less..b:chuckle
    When u spend 3 mouths farming 1 piece of gear and u can get it now with 1 dolar u would be pissed tob:bye
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Those never should come into circulation the way it could. These mats are supposed to be difficult to obtain. Not just CSed into existence.

I don't know how many times some one has said this same thing, but it doesn't change. No matter what someone WILL buy gold for the sell price, thus those prices stay as they are during events. Just look at past events and remember the price of gold.

the dev's know that they're difficult to obtain, almost impossible. That's y they created this event to help in that process. if a 7x gets a 9x weapon do u think he can use it? ofc not. he has to sell it, which means someone will buy it.

gold prices always fluctuate however i've already explained how the demand for gold controls the price of it. If people can't afford the gold then the price must come down and will. It's science not just something someone made up
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Do you actually read what you're writing.

Maybe I'm not a working man. Maybe I'm a spoiled brat with unlimited cash that my daddy gave me and rotten atitude. You can work your **** of in the game and be one of the few skilled players but I without any skills, no work and no love fo the game can take you out everytime i see you and you wouldn't stand a chance. CS should not overwrite skill in game.

And how many rotten rich brats do we have? Ok so a handful of people have a lot of available cash. All others are earning it.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I like it how the people that like this event are all 40 or less..b:chuckle
    When u spend 3 mouths farming 1 piece of gear and u can get it now with 1 dolar u would be pissed tob:bye

I believe the word I'm looking for here is, no. Slightly annoyed maybe, but I would just shrug it off and do something useful with my time.
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Other suggestion is stop the event now, it still can be done.
    And stop CS events for two months.
  • lostsoul1213
    lostsoul1213 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Please either shut up duke, or give us the way to turn him off before you drive everyone insane
  • Manz - Harshlands
    Manz - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    pwi population will go down today by 70%-90% b:byeb:byeb:bye

not a cash shop user and theres no way i can play like this, charms will cost millions as an archer i need pretty much both(well at least hp) to do anything.
    this is redicoulus have played this since cb.
    ty pw for bring this up just before i hit 90.
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ok dude think for a sec. Gold price is controlled by the deman for it. If more people need gold and want it price is gonna go up. However if people are unwilling to pay a high price (like right now) that price will come down, because people wont buy it. also more end game mats=lower price because theirs more of that product available to purhcase.

Yes, and we stop buying it for a week, the SECOND we would start to buy again it would go up, there is no fixing it until months in the future unless there is a cap placed on gold. Halloween sales are coming up, then xmas sales, then new year sales. All the devs want is money, money, money. The interest in their players have MAJORLY faded since i started to play
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yea... WC is spammed with System Announcements, only the rich will stay and the poor will leave.... and the dedicated will stay, but suffer in jealously of others >.> b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Other suggestion is stop the event now, it still can be done.
    And stop CS events for two months.

Please read the posts that i and others are giveing u. The event is supposed to promte lower prices if people were smart and stoped buying gold at 500k. More items are flooding the markets in pw which means lower prices because their so many of them. a lvl 40 can't use a lvl 80 weapon anyway. Most people who cant use a high end mat or weapon will sell it
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Please either shut up duke, or give us the way to turn him off before you drive everyone insane

Dont say that, they will make a CS item for that b:angry
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    pwi population will go down today by 70%-90% b:byeb:byeb:bye

not a cash shop user and theres no way i can play like this, charms will cost millions as an archer i need pretty much both(well at least hp) to do anything.
    this is redicoulus have played this since cb.
    ty pw for bring this up just before i hit 90.

good less lag for arch...
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And how many rotten rich brats do we have? Ok so a handful of people have a lot of available cash. All others are earning it.

Enough to make a dominant guild.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yes, and we stop buying it for a week, the SECOND we would start to buy again it would go up, there is no fixing it until months in the future unless there is a cap placed on gold. Halloween sales are coming up, then xmas sales, then new year sales. All the devs want is money, money, money. The interest in their players have MAJORLY faded since i started to play

well the second those prices jump dont buy the gold. if they can't sell it at that price they'll have to lower it once again.
  • Ironwork - Harshlands
    Ironwork - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The packs are ridiculous.
    Gold prices reflects the players need. Just don't buy it.
    Pwi is a epic fail this is horrible.
    Im going to make a truck load of coins.
    Pwi and player relationships.(null)
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So after reading the forums this morning while at work, I sat down at lunchtime and looked at this new "Event." Basically anyone who wants to drop any amount of money on the game can get:
    A) Oracles for levels
    B) FrostCover Weapons and Ornaments - No point of those instances besides the quests they put in there since you can buy one item and get some of the best weapons in the game
    C)Tomes, some with some ridiculous stats...+25 Dex 2% crit...oh that wont help CSers in PVP at ALL.
    D)Shards- Making any CSers gear minimum all flawless shards for a fraction of the old price, perfects are easy if they have enough $$
    E)Tons of coins from selling their gold at 700k per.
    F) All of the above while taking out any point of wasting time to actually obtain those items through means other then the Cash Shop.

This morning I didn't think I'd quit, I told myself, it wouldn't be that bad.
    This is Jolly Jones times 10, in the level of how much this is going to **** up the game. The gap between the Csers and the regular player has widened to the point of ridiculousness.
    Not much point in playing anymore, I may just leave my character on the server, sell my gold, and then wait for a couple months and come back and see how bad it has become.
    If Mods and GM's listened to players and/or realized how much it screwed the game's economy and indirectly it's player base, this patch would have never been released. My only hope is that the English to MY translator ****ed up and they thought the GM's meant YES DO IT when they meant NO DON'T DO IT.
    Good luck, I will be playing maybe on the weekends so I can get 80 and then not playing for a while.

I lol at whoever thought this was a good idea, to maintain profit they need to somehow KEEP the player base, you can't just **** em over and hope that they are to stupid, because anyone in their right mind is going to realize what happened and do what I did, not play much and then eventually(soon) quit.

GJ PWI, I had fun times :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    good less lag for arch...

I concur with this analysis. b:laugh
  • beforedawn
    beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you still dont understand the point. If people did not want to pay a certian price for gold and not buy it, that means gold loses demand. If there is less demand for gold that means the price has to go down. Right now prices are high because people have to much money, so it requires more money to pay for things. The Dev's want to suck money out of the system. This event and Jones is doing that. When players have less coin to spend on the game what does that mean? hopefully u guessed lower prices

Yes but how many people will choose to not pay the outrageous prices for gold? Maybe they might get tempted by some of the prizes in the anniversary box but have no real life money to spend, so even though they know the gold prices are outrageous, they still buy. I do not understand your point of supply and demand. The way I look at it, anniversary boxes for a month = temptation = lots of people will use real life money to buy them = a lot of people will use real life money to buy gold and sell them for high prices = people who don't have real life money will spend the money in game to buy gold (a month is a long time for them to see others doing better than them because of anniversary prizes and therefore they will want to catch up) = higher gold prices for awhile. I mean the gold prices might eventually drop after this whole craze is over but how long will it take for it to be stable? What is there to say they won't have come up with a new CS event by then?
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Enough to make a dominant guild.

Hate to break it to you...they already are the dominating guild.b:shocked
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    OMFG ITS terror in arch. I need to go buy 100$ worth of gold and sell it for like. 500k a peice. to make a 50mil profit =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Sengashi - Harshlands
    Sengashi - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the dev's know that they're difficult to obtain, almost impossible. That's y they created this event to help in that process. if a 7x gets a 9x weapon do u think he can use it? ofc not. he has to sell it, which means someone will buy it.

gold prices always fluctuate however i've already explained how the demand for gold controls the price of it. If people can't afford the gold then the price must come down and will. It's science not just something someone made up

A 7x obtating a 9x weapon does not immediately result in the 7x selling said 9x weapon. This event was created to make money for a business, not to help anyone.

You don't understand how the gold system works in PWI apparently. The demand does not influence the price. The percentage is far to low for that. t's the supply and the events implemented that influence gold price. Dragon Orb sale. Those that supply gold know that those that want it will pay their price to get those orbs for slightly less than they would otherwise. The supplier paired with the event has far more control over the price than the demand does. The lowest prices of gold are often times barely lower than what's above it just to get the sale because they know someone will buy from them before they get that higher price.

ADD: It's not just "oh gold is high so I don't want to buy." It's more like "I want those cash shop items so I'm going to buy anyways because I know it will increase anyways later on"
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hate to break it to you...they already are the dominating guild.b:shocked

Good. Now imagine they got like that overnight while you were working, grinding and saving stuff in game.
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    if a rollback is not the solution then i am open to ideas an suggestions people are walking out the doors of PWI in hordes many of them cash shop/zen chargers themselves something must be done or this game is gonna be no better than Pong these items from the anniversary packs are creating a gross division of players in the game...so rollback may not be the answer but im sure it would go a very long way to regaining the respect of the people who have left because of todays patch i personally hate to see a rollback happen i will loose alot of time an effort with the things i have done today but something needs to happen an soon

Agreed they all say it wont work but they don't get another idea. I at least agree try it. I would lose stuff too but I'm willing to deal with that. I dont have another idea pashally because I can't fully think well i just noticed the economy of game just got screwed...
    And also I agree... Since I have played it has faded and its been more focused on money...
  • majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5297/cvring.jpg

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4259/14helm.jpg

OH LOOK

someone just got a CV ring and a grade14 Past Helmet JUST BY CHARGING THEIR CREDIT CARD

This game requires has gone to ****.
  • IHorizon - Dreamweaver
    IHorizon - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I say we have a Boston Tea Party.
    Throw these packs into the sea!
    No really, the game is getting nerfed even more, First the Nix's and now the gold is dictating wheter or not someone can enjoy the game, I hope you GM's are reading this thread and not just ignoring it, that would be such a damn shame.
    iHorizon, stealing your kills since 1993. : D
    Also, rez'ing random DreamWeaver's since 2009. >:3
This discussion has been closed.