Stop the random pk's

Comments

• idontneedanick
    idontneedanick Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I get it ... TW is only on PvP servers isnt it. Shame if thats the case.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How long have you played this game? O___o

TW is NOT only on PvP servers.

Hit M on your keyboard and click "Territories."

TW takes place once a week. Your faction bids on a land and if you win the bid you attack.

The faction that owns the land (or mobs, if it's unowned) defends. This is done in a special instance, with no PKing penalties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    I would say I have played PWI on two servers for maybe six months - with several breaks. I have tried all the charater types.

I have seen the territory maps, but I have never seen a 'battle'. Just luck I guess.

Perhaps if I had created a faction I would have seen informative options. So, is the battle just between the factions? And by mobs defending in unoccupied territory, are you referring to guards or puppies?
  • God - Dreamweaver
    God - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I recently heard a comment from Jackie Chan - that at the time I disaggreed with - it was "the chinese people cant be trusted and the government should be more strict and represive" - or words to that effect. I wonder if he is right? I hope not.

Jacky said "现在自己对于到底自由好,还是不自由好感到很矛盾,因为太自由了,就会像台湾和香港一样,变得很混乱。所以他慢慢觉得,“中国人还是需要被管的。"

"被管的" means to "regulate". He did not say that Chinese can't be trusted or the government should be more repressive toward the Chinese people. Get it straight!
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Jacky said "现在自己对于到底自由好,还是不自由好感到很矛盾,因为太自由了,就会像台湾和香港一样,变得很混乱。所以他慢慢觉得,
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Jacky said "现在自己对于到底自由好,还是不自由好感到很矛盾,因为太自由了,就会像台湾和香港一样,变得很混乱。所以他慢慢觉得,
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    Ok thats twice. It must be the chinese characters.

I wont bother a third time. I did get it right.
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    nice triple post
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    nice triple post

Not my problem.

I quoted the comment and responded but it posted without my reply.

I tried it a second time with the same result. So I quit. He gets no response.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    or you could edit your post...

Jacky said "现在自己对于到底自由好,还是不自由好感到很矛盾,因为太自由了,就会像台湾和香港一样,变得很混乱。所 以他慢慢觉得,“中国人还是需要被管的。"

direct translation: (feel free to argue and add to this)

Regarding whether freedom is good, or no freedom is good, the conclusion is very conflicted. If given too much freedom, (Chinese people) will become like those of TaiWan and HongKong, too chaotic. Thus he slowly feels that "Chinese people still needs to be regulated"

The debate of whether the government should be more in control or whether the people should have more freedom is prevalent in many countries. It almost feels as if the word "freedom" was not adequately defined here, the question has always been how much freedom to give to the people, here he makes a comment regarding whether to have freedom, or to not have freedom, nothing in between. Maybe he meant the freedoms that the people of HK and TW enjoy.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • idontneedanick
    edited August 2009
    No I cant. My browser wont do that. I tried to edit it.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I would say I have played PWI on two servers for maybe six months - with several breaks. I have tried all the charater types.

I have seen the territory maps, but I have never seen a 'battle'. Just luck I guess.

Perhaps if I had created a faction I would have seen informative options. So, is the battle just between the factions? And by mobs defending in unoccupied territory, are you referring to guards or puppies?

It's in an instance that only the guilds involved in the TW can enter. Every week there is bidding, and every weekend war. It's announced over system announcements...how could you not have noticed this? o_o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think that this is all that really needs to be said about the PvP servers, and the current conversation.
  • SkinAlive - Harshlands
    SkinAlive - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have 4 character above 30, so i have been PKed plenty as you can imagine. I joined a PvP server cause i wanted realism, not cause i wanted fairness. The A-holes can't hide who they are when they are allowed to do what makes them A-holes.

It's always interesting when i see a player i know to be 80+ come though and wipe out every level 30 to 40 in the area.

Also i have never brought out one of my higher level characters to fight my lvl 30 battle or threaten too. I just re spawn and continue to grind. Whoopie for them who killed me.

All this being said, if i ever start a new game i think i might pick a PvE sever, though. I don't regret my PvP server decision in PWI and PvP servers are much more interesting and dynamic. But one of the main reason i always liked to play video, is to escape from the jerks and troubles of the world. On a PvP server you can't get away from the A-holes and must deal with them.
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    White_Puma - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok, thanks for all the feedback, quite alot of post and views. But, last few pages are nothing but spam and off-topic chats. Its ok if you go a little bit off the main topic, but try to keep on it.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok, thanks for all the feedback, quite alot of post and views. But, last few pages are nothing but spam and off-topic chats. Its ok if you go a little bit off the main topic, but try to keep on it.

Since you are here please go back and edit your original post with paragraph breaks so it is READABLE.

I doubt most of the posters here got past your heading b:laugh
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ppl here make it sound like its these red named gangs patrolling Lost City lvl 30s areas non stop slaughtering/harassing lowbies so they cant even kill 1 mob and wanna quit the game.

I don't think i got rpked more than twice at lvl 30-40s while leveling any of my chars on Lost City. I mean its not like you cant avoid it, you will see when a red name person in a guild called like "RapeUaLL" or w/e comes running towards u around Hidden Orchid (or some other rpk area). That mostly means gtfo for a couple of minutes. These ppl saying they get ganked 5 times in a row every time they do a quest makes me confused, either they're exaggerating as fk or they're kinda stupid and don't know how to avoid trouble.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ppl here make it sound like its these red named gangs patrolling Lost City lvl 30s areas non stop slaughtering/harassing lowbies so they cant even kill 1 mob and wanna quit the game.

I don't think i got rpked more than twice at lvl 30-40s while leveling any of my chars on Lost City. I mean its not like you cant avoid it, you will see when a red name person in a guild called like "RapeUaLL" or w/e comes running towards u around Hidden Orchid (or some other rpk area). That mostly means gtfo for a couple of minutes. These ppl saying they get ganked 5 times in a row every time they do a quest makes me confused, either they're exaggerating as fk or they're kinda stupid and don't know how to avoid trouble.

Or, they are being PK'd by the population *now*, with more high levels on the server than there were when *you* were 3x.

I'm guessing you didn't get to 93 overnight.

There *are* plenty of people out there PKing anything that moves. It's 6x worse on the weekends - at this point I don't even venture out anywhere with more than 5 people around, because there *will* be PKing of random strangers - *just because*.

I know this is allowed on a PvP server, and I realize some people really enjoy it.

Not *everyone* enjoys it.

Fighting people closer to your own level is challenging. Killing players many levels below you holds no challenge. Often it's done for the express purpose of ******* people off.

Please don't try to tell me that's not true, because 75% of the PK incidents I've seen/been involved with are for that clear reason.

I'd like to see a color-coding level system like the mobs have - so you can tell roughly what level someone is by the color of their name. And I'd like to see a 10-level window for PKing. 11 levels higher than another player, no attack allowed.

<shrugs>

RedMenace

\bring on the PK studs, and tell me what a l0ser n00b I am
    \\have a 55 barb on LC, and I still get PK'd just because I'm handy
    \\\just not one-shotted anymore ;)
    \\\\and I don't make it easy when someone does
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    endcat.jpg<----lvl 90 barb ...or fat veno....with axes....

b:sadb:sadb:sad<---lvl 30 nabs in a pvp server
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    honestly, if you want to fight someone your own level or higher for a "challenge", go PvE. End of story.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've got several lowbie alts and they don't get PKed all that often, if at all...

As well, i leveled a veno to 30 and started to PVP with it: all I heard were calls of "lowbie killer" and "OMG NOOB PVP YOUR LVL"

It's a sad state for a PVP server.

My previous MMO, anyone who played on a PVP server knew they were getting into PvP and dealt with is accordingly: the PVE players respected the PVP players and vice versa... here the PVE players think we're all bloodthirsty killers who eat babies for fun.

Sad, sad, sad. I guess $15 a month really makes you do some research b:laugh
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • DawnRazor - Lost City
    DawnRazor - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to sound insensitive bub, but:
    YOU PICKED THE SERVER.

There's a reason I'm on HT - so that I have the option to PK. (Blah blah blah words words wall of text here).

...Having expressed the summary opinion of virtually everyone who'll reply here, yes, I do agree it'd be nice if there was a way to prevent people from being complete jerks. Will it happen? Not likely. Best learn to play with the cards you dealt yourself.

To be brutally honest, depends on who is doing the pking. If it's 5 different individuals, then fine. If the same person pks someone 5 times in a short period of time, technically by most mmo's TOS that's harrassment. Go check, perfectly true. Most allow a maximum of 3 pk's on the bounce. However this is a pve game, playing at being PVP, so may not be in TOS. And about time we had a proper bloody pvp ranking system. A 90 killing 8000 lvl 30s is a fail, compared to a 90 killing 5000 lvl 70+.And a lvl 70 getting last hit on a 90 in a gang bang, should be given uber points. Same as in any serious pvp mmo. Would stop the pathetic ganking of lower lvls on server, if people knew they could get gang banged and lose lots of rank. Number of kills means nothing. Top pker means nothing atm.Not a serious pvp game atm.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    endcat.jpg<----lvl 90 barb ...or fat veno....with axes....

b:sadb:sadb:sad<---lvl 30 nabs in a pvp server
    here the PVE players think we're all bloodthirsty killers who eat babies for fun.

cuz its true >.>
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sepfiroth - Lost City
    Sepfiroth - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    cuz Its True >.>
    Om Nom Nom

Babeh So Good.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    cuz its true >.>
    No it's not.
    Well yeah it is Q_Q
    Quit.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    No it's not.
    Well yeah it is Q_Q

b:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:chuckleb:chuckle
    You're not supposed to see that Q_Q
    Quit.
  • Nyz - Lost City
    Nyz - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Today is the first day i've been on this week for more than 20 minutes, and I've done a few quest so far. But, on each quest, I'm being pked at least 5 times, and its getting really annoying. There is no point in random pking, besides making people mad, then crying when they say anything back. Don't tell me to switch servers or anything else like that, I'm fine with my current server, just tired of the random pks, making me spawn in a town, and having to walk back to where I was. Now, I know high leveled pkers won't agree with this thread, and if you don't, dont post, don't continue reading, just hit that nice little back button on the top of your internet browser and get on with your life. I know I'm not the only person that is getting tired of all the pkers. Yes, there are PvE and PvP servers, but the PvP need to have an option like the PvE ones, or at least a new way to stop the 9x from killing 3x players.
    One way I've thought of to help us low lvls out,(and anybody else that hates pkers), is a Lvled pking system. Where, if a player chooses to, they can turn it on/off at their own will. It will work by having a level requirement of people pk. If a lvl 95 runs up to a lvl 30-50, who is going to win? You guessed it, the 95. If there were a way, where the 95 could only attack others within his/her relative level, so he couldnt go around 1 hitting every noob there is. It could have, mabye a 5 or 10 level difference max to kill, so for example, with 5 levels, a lvl 80 could kill lvls 75-85 that, or with 10, lvls 70-90. The 10 level difference is nowhere near what most pkers kill. I've seen so many high levels, come areas where 3x players have quest mobs, and the pkers constantly pk them.
    If you agree with me on the leveled pking system, post a support b:laugh if not, if you have suggestions to improve it, post them, or if you don't support and hate me for making this thread, don't post at all and just go on with the forums.

This Post is pathetic, i agree with "Less QQ More Pew Pew", It's a PVP Server. Grow up.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This Post is pathetic, i agree with "Less QQ More Pew Pew", It's a PVP Server. Grow up.

If only this message could be flashed on the screen at character creation time.

The you'd be able to distill all the FirstPersonShooter types onto the PvP servers, and the MMORPG people would head toward the PvE servers.

But then who would the QQBears have to rage at?

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Xxtalonxx - Lost City
    Xxtalonxx - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've got several lowbie alts and they don't get PKed all that often, if at all...

As well, i leveled a veno to 30 and started to PVP with it: all I heard were calls of "lowbie killer" and "OMG NOOB PVP YOUR LVL"

It's a sad state for a PVP server.

My previous MMO, anyone who played on a PVP server knew they were getting into PvP and dealt with is accordingly: the PVE players respected the PVP players and vice versa... here the PVE players think we're all bloodthirsty killers who eat babies for fun.

Sad, sad, sad. I guess $15 a month really makes you do some research b:laugh
    This.b:victory
    I pwnb:sin
This discussion has been closed.