Restoring the balance of power.

Options

Comments

• GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary
    GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    bzbee wrote: »
    LOL I did read carefully. However perhaps you may wish to think carefully.

If it was hard for Nef to take out Outlaw and will have 'a hard time trying to beat them', how will Nef be able to own the map?

So what you are essentially saying is that Nef will take over the whole map if we let them but they probably can't get the land off Outlaw.

Pardon me if I misunderstand, but in order to own the map, they will have to own the Outlaw lands too.

If Outlaw is as 'powerful' as Nef (which is the reason you claim Nef is afraid of them), why are people only worried about Nef owning the map?

Curious indeed.

However you wish to giftwrap it..............it just seems more of a personal issue rather than a 'I only don't want Nef to own the map' issue. b:chuckle

Oh my god you couldn't be any more stupid. I said nefarious is currently scared of outlaw and is taking land everywhere they can EXCEPT for outlaw so they can get a lot more higher level members before they attack outlaw. I swear you can't read.
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Oh my god you couldn't be any more stupid. I said nefarious is currently scared of outlaw and is taking land everywhere they can EXCEPT for outlaw so they can get a lot more higher level members before they attack outlaw. I swear you can't read.

I'm sure you think that anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid or can't read.

Fortunately for you I do not believe in lowering myself to your level. I won't resort to insults but then again, I wouldn't have to since I'm not the one running out of arguments here. b:pleased

Nefarious is taking land wherever they can? Care to show evidence to support that claim?

I've come to the conclusion that some people prefer to live with blinkers because they would rather not face the truth as the truth would reveal something ugly about themselves.

Oh and Iand if your idea of Nefarious' strategy is any indication of your ability to strategise, I sincerely hope you are not the strategist of your faction. b:chuckle
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Nishtara - Sanctuary
    Nishtara - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Nefarious is taking land wherever they can? Care to show evidence to support that claim?

Do you actually play the game? On the Sanctuary server? Once all of the PvE lands were taken, Nef swiftly moved into Amplified space, then Seppuku, then Knightz.

The original point of this thread was to band together and stop Nefarious *before* they took over the small factions within their reach. Outlaw only had 5 lands when this thread was started.
    I've come to the conclusion that some people prefer to live with blinkers because they would rather not face the truth as the truth would reveal something ugly about themselves.

Oh and Iand if your idea of Nefarious' strategy is any indication of your ability to strategise, I sincerely hope you are not the strategist of your faction. b:chuckle

Insults aside, it seems you'll state anything in order to instigate an argument.
    "Revolution is the creation of new living institutions, new groupings, new social relationships, it is the destruction of privileges and monopolies; it is the new spirit of justice, of brotherhood, of freedom which must renew the whole of social life, the moral level and the material conditions of the masses by calling on them to provide, through their direct and conscious action, for their own future."
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Whats this? People listened to Nishtara? And and and, Nefarious lost? Like Nish said? ZOMGGGGb:shocked
  • bzbee
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Do you actually play the game? On the Sanctuary server? Once all of the PvE lands were taken, Nef swiftly moved into Amplified space, then Seppuku, then Knightz.

No, I don't play the game or on Sanctuary server....that's why I know about what's going on or who these factions are. Duh!
    The original point of this thread was to band together and stop Nefarious *before* they took over the small factions within their reach. Outlaw only had 5 lands when this thread was started.

Fact: Point of this thread is debatable
    Fact: There is no PROOF that Nef was going to take over the smaller factions within their reach
    Fact: Outlaw now has 8 lands

Does that mean when Outlaw gets to 12 lands they are after map domination too?

If Outlaw is going to be a 'super map dominator' like Nef is, doesn't that mean that Nef wouldn't be able to take over the whole map? Wouldn't that then mean that your point is moot?
    Insults aside, it seems you'll state anything in order to instigate an argument.

LOL I'm instigating an argument because none of you has yet to PROVE anything?

I'll state anything? Kindly show what I've stated that can be termed as 'anything' since I've only addressed what has been posted so far.

Points to note:

1. I am a NEUTRAL party
    2. I believe in 'Innocent until PROVEN Guilty'
    3. Until there is evidence to support your CLAIMS, I choose to debate your claims
    4. Again I stress I do NOT support any faction in particular.

In fact, I don't believe I have anyone in my friend list who is in Nef.

I just prefer not to make a judgement on anyone or any faction unless it has been proven they are deserving of that judgement.

You made a request for us to 'gang up' against Nefarious. As such, you made some allegations. In order for any mature person to join you, they would question your motives and allegations. By doing so doesn't mean they are against you. They simply need to believe it is the right thing to do. It is your job then to convince them since this request is made by you.

It is funny how people expect others to believe in their words blindly and thinks that anyone who questions or debates their words or decisions is automatically against them.

Remember there are always different points of view. The point of a debate or discussion is to pick the best of all views and to sway others to your point of view if you think it is the right thing to do. To do so, you have to present proof to convince others. Until you do so, I shall continue to question the motives and allegations of this thread as I deem fit.

• bzbee
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Whats this? People listened to Nishtara? And and and, Nefarious lost? Like Nish said? ZOMGGGGb:shocked

Is that what you really think? lol b:sad

Somehow I really doubt it was Nishtara's words that resulted in today's events and TW outcome.

It is a fact Nishtara's point of view is shared by others as you can read in the replies. Each have their reasons for that point of view. Today's events were in no way surprising. In fact, any logical war marshall would have thought of it.

Nef was expected to lose in at least 1 war today. It was 3 against 1. Perhaps this proves one point though. Nef isn't the super power you guys claim they are. A super power would have easily fielded 3 fights.

Good luck to all those in the TW this weekend. Although I no longer participate in TWs, I still enjoy following the results.

I do miss the adrenaline rush of TWs but not the 1,000,000 deaths that accompany it. And I mean my deaths. b:sad b:chuckle

• Eislynn - Sanctuary
    Eislynn - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well, there IS the faction limit of 200 people. 3 TWS in one time frame = 240 total needed to completely man the 3 TWs.

Setting that aside....tonight was a lot of fun. Good fight, definitely.

Just my 2 cents!
    A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. -Robert Frost
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well, there IS the faction limit of 200 people. 3 TWS in one time frame = 240 total needed to completely man the 3 TWs.

Setting that aside....tonight was a lot of fun. Good fight, definitely.

Just my 2 cents!

We had 40, Wiccan had what 15? Nemesis had 40-50? so 105 vs 200 Nefarious. But they crying cos its 3v1? Acting like they outnumbered?b:chuckle
  • bzbee
    edited January 2009
    Options
    We had 40, Wiccan had what 15? Nemesis had 40-50? so 105 vs 200 Nefarious. But they crying cos its 3v1? Acting like they outnumbered?b:chuckle

You had 40 at the TW. I bet not all your members were online or available for the TW.

So why assume that all Nef's 200 were online?

Kind of funny way to do your sums. b:chuckle

And were they crying? Wow....I would like to see that. I hope you took screenies. b:laugh

Somehow I doubt their complaint was that they were outnumbered. Probably more that there were 3 wars to fight and they had to divide their forces. No single faction can comfortably field 3 wars at the same time I think.

Let's see the war tomorrow. If memory serves me right, its one on one between Sepp and Nef tomorrow. That would be a fair fight. Good luck to both.

• Eislynn - Sanctuary
    Eislynn - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Let's see the war tomorrow. If memory serves me right, its one on one between Sepp and Nef tomorrow. That would be a fair fight. Good luck to both.

Not to sound flippant or anything of the sorts....but I was rather curious. How would it be a fair fight if it was 40 versus 80? ;) Nef does have a 200-member faction, so the chances are that they'll be better able to easily send out 80 to a 1-vs-1 fight than they were to send out 80 to fight in 3 TWs.

Just was curious about your perspective. =)
    A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. -Robert Frost
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options

80 vs 40, totally fair.b:chuckle
  • heartless888
    heartless888 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    No, I don't play the game or on Sanctuary server....that's why I know about what's going on or who these factions are. Duh!

Fact: Point of this thread is debatable
    Fact: There is no PROOF that Nef was going to take over the smaller factions within their reach
    Fact: Outlaw now has 8 lands

Does that mean when Outlaw gets to 12 lands they are after map domination too?

If Outlaw is going to be a 'super map dominator' like Nef is, doesn't that mean that Nef wouldn't be able to take over the whole map? Wouldn't that then mean that your point is moot?

LOL I'm instigating an argument because none of you has yet to PROVE anything?

I'll state anything? Kindly show what I've stated that can be termed as 'anything' since I've only addressed what has been posted so far.

Points to note:

1. I am a NEUTRAL party
    2. I believe in 'Innocent until PROVEN Guilty'
    3. Until there is evidence to support your CLAIMS, I choose to debate your claims
    4. Again I stress I do NOT support any faction in particular.

In fact, I don't believe I have anyone in my friend list who is in Nef.

I just prefer not to make a judgement on anyone or any faction unless it has been proven they are deserving of that judgement.

You made a request for us to 'gang up' against Nefarious. As such, you made some allegations. In order for any mature person to join you, they would question your motives and allegations. By doing so doesn't mean they are against you. They simply need to believe it is the right thing to do. It is your job then to convince them since this request is made by you.

It is funny how people expect others to believe in their words blindly and thinks that anyone who questions or debates their words or decisions is automatically against them.

Remember there are always different points of view. The point of a debate or discussion is to pick the best of all views and to sway others to your point of view if you think it is the right thing to do. To do so, you have to present proof to convince others. Until you do so, I shall continue to question the motives and allegations of this thread as I deem fit.

ok, sorry but ill have to break some news into you

first of all, you, like anyone else in this thread, me included, are wasting your time

you said the motive is debatable and bla bla bla and went on and on and on and with your wall of text and talked about proving things and making arguments etc etc etc

news flash, nobody, ever..ever...ever ever ever ever ever EVER agree on forums of an MMO, EVER, did i say ever?

lets say theres party A, who say 1 thing and party B who does not agree well

FACT: even after 500 pages and 25 threads about the same subject party A will still say the same thing and party B will STILL disagree, those who agreed with this thread's first post still do, and those who do not, still do not agree, its as dumb as that, frankly? we are just a bunch of bored people who like a nice drama reading while drinking coffee in the morning, nothing more and nothing less

so please take your walls of text and shove them deep because you wont ever agree, just like everyone else's opinion will never change

proving a point? providing arguments? discussing something? really? that is horse ****, no1 will care, everyone will remain on the side they always been regarding this matter

now that you have read my totally pointless wall of test, i feel better, did my opinion change? huh........maybe......not, just like everyone else's.

and for the record, tomorrow? fair? itll always be 2v1 when it comes to numbers in a guild vs guild fight, atleast for a loooooong time, we do not mass recruit zergglings and pawns, tonight was boring and so will be tomorrow, because it is never fun to fight zergglings, that is all thank you
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    80 vs 40, totally fair.
    "Spies" informed us that sep had 59 online at a given time, but doubting all assisted on TW today.

You guys had fun fighting 4 squads with our lowest levels?
    We had 40, Wiccan had what 15? Nemesis had 40-50? so 105 vs 200 Nefarious. But they crying cos its 3v1? Acting like they outnumbered?
    For the sake of your ego, we had 70 able to fight.

And to be honest, it was fun, i didnt mind losing land at all, but i wished it lasted 3 hours, not 30 mins.
    Was expecting to use a mp charm today, and barely used 40k off it.

Anyway, the lose was a BIG mistake from our part, lack of communication, and bad manpower distribution. We certainly should review our strategist.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "Spies" informed us that sep had 59 online at a given time

Your spies are wrong.b:cute
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Your spies are wrong
    So were yours about nefarious having 200 people today.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So were yours about nefarious having 200 people today.
    I never said we sent spies, we dont play dirty. We have this thing called prideb:cute
  • Wratha - Sanctuary
    Wratha - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    we do not mass recruit zergglings and pawns, tonight was boring and so will be tomorrow, because it is never fun to fight zergglings,

I have one question in all your ramblings...what is a zergglings, just for the record please.
  • Nishtara - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "Spies" informed us that sep had 59 online at a given time, but doubting all assisted on TW today.

Clearly, considering there's only 55 in the faction, with only 37 at the TW out of 39 online. We heard Nef had 100 online, so they were bound to lose one land.

We know why we won, we know they only had ~30 people against us until the last few minutes, the outcome at that point was no surprise. Their resource split was a little surprising, but heh, worked out for us.

Even if we lose tomorrow, the balls already rolling. Next weekend Nefarious can look forward to even more factions kicking their **** simultaneously.
    "Revolution is the creation of new living institutions, new groupings, new social relationships, it is the destruction of privileges and monopolies; it is the new spirit of justice, of brotherhood, of freedom which must renew the whole of social life, the moral level and the material conditions of the masses by calling on them to provide, through their direct and conscious action, for their own future."
  • lamborghini
    lamborghini Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    guys guys relax...sunday is the day of pure vengeance...its 1v1 this time... i surely hope you can put up as many ppl again...the more fluffy toys to play with for 3 hours the better b:victoryb:mischievous

now on the topic of us losing a territory - we were stupid, and overestimated others while underestimating seppuku, and props to sep for driving that point into our brains very very clearly...but dont ya worry...our plans of world domination are unstoppable muahaha muahaha muahahab:sinb:cool

j/k j/k
  • bzbee
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ok, sorry but ill have to break some news into you

first of all, you, like anyone else in this thread, me included, are wasting your time

you said the motive is debatable and bla bla bla and went on and on and on and with your wall of text and talked about proving things and making arguments etc etc etc

news flash, nobody, ever..ever...ever ever ever ever ever EVER agree on forums of an MMO, EVER, did i say ever?

lets say theres party A, who say 1 thing and party B who does not agree well

FACT: even after 500 pages and 25 threads about the same subject party A will still say the same thing and party B will STILL disagree, those who agreed with this thread's first post still do, and those who do not, still do not agree, its as dumb as that, frankly? we are just a bunch of bored people who like a nice drama reading while drinking coffee in the morning, nothing more and nothing less

so please take your walls of text and shove them deep because you wont ever agree, just like everyone else's opinion will never change

proving a point? providing arguments? discussing something? really? that is horse ****, no1 will care, everyone will remain on the side they always been regarding this matter

now that you have read my totally pointless wall of test, i feel better, did my opinion change? huh........maybe......not, just like everyone else's.

and for the record, tomorrow? fair? itll always be 2v1 when it comes to numbers in a guild vs guild fight, atleast for a loooooong time, we do not mass recruit zergglings and pawns, tonight was boring and so will be tomorrow, because it is never fun to fight zergglings, that is all thank you

Let me guess, you are from Sepp? b:chuckle

First I would say if you think that people never agree in forums for MMOs, I would tell you a resounding WRONG! People don't agree in forums PERIOD. MMO or other. That's for the very simple reason its a place for debate. You don't have to agree but you do have to try to prove that what you say is supported by facts if you wish to get others to see the point you are trying to make.

At least my wall of text addressed the point of this thread. Unfortunately I am not in the habit of shoving anything up my behind but if that's what you like, please feel free to do so. I wouldn't mind indeed.

If you think people's opinions never change, I wonder if you live in your own little world or you just practise selective memory. If people's opinions never change, how did Sepp come about? I'm sure at one time those in Sepp who were from Nef shared the same opinion as Nef but their opinions CHANGED. There you have it.....the awful dirty extremely ridiculous truth.........opinions do change. b:chuckle

You are wrong about your post being pointless too. You got it off your chest which was the point of your post............so I don't need to elaborate on points now do I? b:laugh

Fair in terms of 1 faction against 1 faction.

Strange that you guys think 3 factions against 1 faction is fair but 1 against 1 isn't? b:shocked

As for the numbers, I can't comment as I am not privy to the figures. Who knows how many members each side will have for the TW tomorrow? I don't know what the majority of nationality is in Nef or Sepp but it is Chinese New Year tomorrow and I would say a good number of people will not be able to make it, especially since TW starts at 12 noon Asia time.

As for zergglings, since I have absolutely no idea what that means, I shall reserve judgement.

Now that you have vented your hostility at a stranger, I hope you feel better. I'm glad to have been of assistance.

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Strange that you guys think 3 factions against 1 faction is fair but 1 against 1 isn't? b:shocked

Its a number game, whoever has the most people will more than likely win. So when 3 factions have the same amount of ur faction, its considered fair. When you face one faction 80v40, its not.b:bye
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    we were stupid

Glad to see one of you can finally admit it.b:chuckle
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Clearly, considering there's only 55 in the faction, with only 37 at the TW out of 39 online. We heard Nef had 100 online, so they were bound to lose one land.
    We had actually 123 when TW started, since old soviet/darkfate and mythical members joined in the past 3 days, but none of them could fight.
    Activelly we had 70+ (not even 80), so yea, point made.

Next week you will see 120, not 80.

Its a number game, whoever has the most people will more than likely win. So when 3 factions have the same amount of ur faction, its considered fair. When you face one faction 80v40, its not.
    Whinning before losing?
    As for zergglings, since I have absolutely no idea what that means, I shall reserve judgement.
    This is a zergling:
    http://www.starcraft-ii.ru/images/news/2008-01-28-zergling_model.jpg
    Its a monster from starcraft, and the most basic and cheapest of all units to make. A basic and overused strategy on starcraft 2 was overwhelm your enemy with hordes of them before they could stabilish their forces. Also known as "zerg rush".

They are extremelly wrong if they think that all nef does is rush mindlessly though.

PS: Im glad some people emoquit nef after this defeat, its making the guild better overall.
  • bzbee
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Its a number game, whoever has the most people will more than likely win. So when 3 factions have the same amount of ur faction, its considered fair. When you face one faction 80v40, its not.b:bye

Really? So if I take a group of 100 level 40s against a group of 50 level 80s, the level 40s will most likely win? It isn't just numbers. There are many factors involved in winning a TW, the biggest being luck.

As for your 80v40 claim, did you pull those numbers out of your magic hat or have I missed that info?

Seriously though, how can you claim 3 factions against 1 faction defending 3 separate lands as fair and yet claim 1 faction against one unfair because you believe they have more people?!

Each faction would have been able to field their highest level, strongest members in each of the wars whereas Nef had to split their strength (not numbers) in 3.

Let's say if Nef and Sepp came to an agreement and fielded only 40 members each. If Nef wins, I'm sure Sepp would then argue some other point and vice versa. Fact is, no one is ever going to think it is completely fair but when a faction has to divide their strength by 3, I believe most logical people will agree that it will undermine their strength too.

It would really help your cause if Sepp starts coming up with mature and intelligent debates rather than insults and unsupported claims. Will help indeed.

• Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It would really help your cause if Sepp starts coming up with mature and intelligent debates rather than insults and unsupported claims. Will help indeed.
    Not gonna happen, i suggest you quit the forum.
  • Nishtara - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i suggest you quit the forum.

I second this motion.
  • heartless888
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Let me guess, you are from Sepp? b:chuckle

First I would say if you think that people never agree in forums for MMOs, I would tell you a resounding WRONG! People don't agree in forums PERIOD. MMO or other. That's for the very simple reason its a place for debate. You don't have to agree but you do have to try to prove that what you say is supported by facts if you wish to get others to see the point you are trying to make.

At least my wall of text addressed the point of this thread. Unfortunately I am not in the habit of shoving anything up my behind but if that's what you like, please feel free to do so. I wouldn't mind indeed.

If you think people's opinions never change, I wonder if you live in your own little world or you just practise selective memory. If people's opinions never change, how did Sepp come about? I'm sure at one time those in Sepp who were from Nef shared the same opinion as Nef but their opinions CHANGED. There you have it.....the awful dirty extremely ridiculous truth.........opinions do change. b:chuckle

You are wrong about your post being pointless too. You got it off your chest which was the point of your post............so I don't need to elaborate on points now do I? b:laugh

Fair in terms of 1 faction against 1 faction.

As for the numbers, I can't comment as I am not privy to the figures. Who knows how many members each side will have for the TW tomorrow? I don't know what the majority of nationality is in Nef or Sepp but it is Chinese New Year tomorrow and I would say a good number of people will not be able to make it, especially since TW starts at 12 noon Asia time.

Now that you have vented your hostility at a stranger, I hope you feel better. I'm glad to have been of assistance.

no, people who left nef didnt have their opinions change, its called drama, i am fairly sure everyone in sepp does not like the idea of a zerg guild, hence why they ended up leaving, they didnt like a zerg guild to begin with, just that the guild itself wasnt always a big 200 zerg guild, was it? when it become that way, it sucked, simple as that, but thats irrelevent, since i was talking about forums and only forums

there is no point proving anything to anyone around here, even if some people DO proves the other party wrong, the former will STILL claim the're right, which is my point, and you do not agree, therefore us replying to eachothers only serves as funny things to read with a morning coffee before goign to work, you wont ever agree if you didnt in the first place, just like i said in my previous post, now you might wanna call this providing arguments, facts and proofs or whatever you like, we STILL wont agree, so, lets have some more fun wasting our time shall we?

as for tomorrow, same thing will happen, theyll have more than twice our numbers, theyll rush us with the giant 80 people zerg, itll be over fast and nef will be like *aww, but i wanted a 3 hour fight!!!!* riiiiiiiiight
  • heartless888
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Really? So if I take a group of 100 level 40s against a group of 50 level 80s, the level 40s will most likely win? It isn't just numbers. There are many factors involved in winning a TW, the biggest being luck.

but when the zerg of *100* people is the same lvl as the group of *50* people, yes, the numbers wins.

as for luck, come on honestly? you think 80 people against 30ish wins because of luck?

well, yeah, im lucky to have twice the numbers, i guess! o.o
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    as for tomorrow, same thing will happen, theyll have more than twice our numbers, theyll rush us with the giant 80 people zerg, itll be over fast and nef will be like *aww, but i wanted a 3 hour fight!!!!* riiiiiiiiight
    I wanted for today, tomorrow will suck, seeing as they are already giving up before fighting.

If you guys think you are easily outnumbered, then why you attacked nef? Expected to attack a guild and NOT be retaliated?
    Nefarious original plan (up to the day i joined) was still leave seppuku alone on their corner and focus on other lands, that are easier to take (as obviously anyone would aim for).
    It was geogaddi idea since the start to attack seppuku, and he left on the day he managed to convince the guild to do that.
    but when the zerg of *100* people is the same lvl as the group of *50* people, yes, the numbers wins.
    as for luck, come on honestly? you think 80 people against 30ish wins because of luck?
    More than once shockwave had twice the number of legendary and legendary managed to successfully defend their land.
  • heartless888
    edited January 2009
    Options

They are extremelly wrong if they think that all nef does is rush mindlessly though.

PS: Im glad some people emoquit nef after this defeat, its making the guild better overall.

really, prove me wrong, why do anything else when that WORKS ;p

as for people emoquiting nef, thats just funny as hell, because you guys lost 1 land? its not like their paycheck will get bigger by leaving :( lies i say! lies!
This discussion has been closed.