Restoring the balance of power.

Options

Comments

• GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary
    GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Anyone else notice Nefarious is the only guild on the map to not have a real pvp tw? yet they own the most land, and are the biggest faction. For all we know, they could be pvp tw noobs :3

That could be true, since like someone stated, (sorry but I really cbf checking up on the whole topic to see who says what) Nef only has a bunch of people who are actually IN PK mode (about 20-30). But unfortunately they are by far the strongest guild and it is true that tactics > levels. But when the levels are THAT much higher, it's a slaughter not a strategy game.
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    Earcher - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    This is why Nefarious needs to be.. I won't say stopped, but calmed down a little bit, like given a sleeping pill or something. All the other guilds can't get many members because they're all going to Nefarious so that they can win TW's and get money. Sure we've got guilds like NWO with 17x people and Dreaming with 19x people but how many are active? 30-40? This is because the majority of the players still in these guilds have stopped playing, which is why they aren't in Nefarious. It's already a pain in the **** to recruit, I got about 20-30 after we won our first TW but that's it, all my recruiting doesn't work anymore. Is this how the servers TW will end? Everyone joining the main guild so they don't lose a TW? Just think about it to yourself for a bit.

well, u cant blame this on us(nefarious). it's a player's choice to decide which faction to join. some want motivation to lvl, some want to stay with friends, some want small and solid guild, some want simple and easy guild and some want more tws. the way to recruit new ppl into ur faction is based on ur leader's caplibity and ur faction's long-term target.
    Elfen Lied is my life
  • Heleina - Sanctuary
    Heleina - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    So you bring everyone together to take down Nefarious, you still have all the other people trying to insert themselves on the map. You still have the other Guilds already on the map. You still have to deal with Seppuko trying to Conquest the whole map. Deal with us on your OWN Seppuko, stop trying to conspire.

With the size and current state of Nefarious it will be hard for any one guild to fight it competitively. You propose an irrational solution to Seppuku. What Nishtara proposes is a simple and logical plan to achieve their means.
    I have never seen, on any other Server for Perfect World, such cheap tactics. I have never seen the pathetic propaganda attempts like this.

I have played in the Perfect World Philippines Tiger server for a good while and we had our share of backdoor bidding wars which we had already accepted as normal in the game. I have learned one thing and that is Perfect World endgame is about politics. Much of whatever happens is already decided outside of the territorial war. Asking other small guilds to participate in an organized attack against a larger guild is not a cheap tactic. It is a smart one.
    Nefarious NEVER works together with other Guilds to take down others, and don't you dare say it is because of our power. It is because it is wrong!

and then you contradict yourself by saying
    The past two weeks we had well over 150 wanting to attend TW over the weekends. Our average level is 71 ranging from 54 to 88 (go MisTi duo).

This is why Seppuko is afraid, this is why they want to conspire. With 150+ people we can defend 3 Territories a day (only three can attack per day I hope you all know) easily and still attack once a week. The great thing about this is if you do attack, all together, you'll make our Guild members that aren't able to attend due to max capacity happier. It all works out in the end because some of our members are growing impatient and would like to PvP.

You don't really need other guilds to take down anyone else because you have the luxury of turning away people in your TWs and you can only attack once a week anyway. So if one guild wanted to take you down then they would have to face 80 of your best people on that day. But defending is a different story now. By working together they will have a better chance of splitting up that "well over 150 people" and win a land. Who knows if they will be able to keep it but the reward of having that land for a week is a good return for a small investment.

Saying it is wrong to work with other guilds is your opinion. I'm sure there are people who agree with you and others who don't feel the same way.
  • Tiffanny - Sanctuary
    Tiffanny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    All the other guilds can't get many members because they're all going to Nefarious so that they can win TW's and get money.

More like there's way too many ****-pot guilds on this server, with roughly 20-30 more being created every day. Hell, I even saw some **** advertising a guild just for Stephen King fans not too long ago. Not sure how that works, maybe they all roll Venomaners and kill each other's pets and then rezz them back up ala the animals in Pet Sematary, but whatever...

Kinda hard to take you seriously anyway. You're ex-Nef (and I one am glad about the ex part), you chose a dishonest, drama-queen toon name that's more of an offensive propaganda tool reminiscent of an ACLU member than a legitimate MMO player, and basically seem to spend your days ganking n00bs and seeing how red you can get your floaty text before curling up as a catshop for the night. :/

Good guild leaders create good guilds. Good leaders and officers keep them going. Not everyone gives a tin fig about alleged easymode. I joined Nef for reasons which bore little resemblance to your allegations, and I expect teh same is true for most of our members. Birds of a feather flock together, that's all. <Nefarious> is a serious endgame guild focused on doing everything in PWI that can be done, preferably as pioneers rather thas as carpetbaggers. Nothing wrong with that, nor even novel. aqnd it's no impediment to any and all guilds with solid leadership and committed members. So enough with all the faction pity parties, please... b:cry
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wtf? I did not send a veno b:chuckle

lol someone didnt listen to ur order b:chuckle
    Elfen Lied is my life
    edited December 2008
    Options

Kinda hard to take you seriously anyway. You're ex-Nef (and I one am glad about the ex part), you chose a dishonest, drama-queen toon name that's more of an offensive propaganda tool reminiscent of an ACLU member than a legitimate MMO player, and basically seem to spend your days ganking n00bs and seeing how red you can get your floaty text before curling up as a catshop for the night. :\

That was a completely unnecessary personal attack on me with a LOT of errors and insults on your own guild members at the same time.

Firstly It's a GAME, who cares what my name is? And if you are a true Christian, Catholic whatever, you won't care what my name says since you will know he doesn't hate you if you have lived by the bible.

Secondly I don't "gank" noobs to see how red my name can get. All my targets are members of enemy guilds (dreaming, hybrid, FTW, 9kings) and I don't set up a cat shop for the night thank you very much, I don't even leave my comp on at night since it's in my room I wouldn't be able to sleep with it going, too noisy.

While you are talking about ganking noobs in a bad way, just take a look at your own director, who got killed by KnightZ and then waits outside secret passage for me to leave and while my page is still loading (and my char is on the next map outside SP) he kills me so when my page loads I'm dead. Well done Geo you killed a cleric 16 levels below you, does that make your E-Peen feel good?

Who are you to insult ME anyway? I had a say in nefarious (well I wish I did) and since no one would listen, I told sas what I felt and got kicked, it's not a secret. TBH I wouldn't want to be in a Dictatorship guild, I quite happily went into a different guild which I am building up, including winning our first TW last week.

Next time don't attack me for no reason, you are completely off topic and making yourself look worse.
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm not going to be replying for a while from now since the servers are going to be back up in 5 minutes and I want to finish these quests while servers are still filling up.
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That was a completely unnecessary personal attack on me with a LOT of errors and insults on your own guild members at the same time.

Firstly It's a GAME, who cares what my name is? And if you are a true Christian, Catholic whatever, you won't care what my name says since you will know he doesn't hate you if you have lived by the bible.

Secondly I don't "gank" noobs to see how red my name can get. All my targets are members of enemy guilds (dreaming, hybrid, FTW, 9kings) and I don't set up a cat shop for the night thank you very much, I don't even leave my comp on at night since it's in my room I wouldn't be able to sleep with it going, too noisy.

While you are talking about ganking noobs in a bad way, just take a look at your own director, who got killed by KnightZ and then waits outside secret passage for me to leave and while my page is still loading (and my char is on the next map outside SP) he kills me so when my page loads I'm dead. Well done Geo you killed a cleric 16 levels below you, does that make your E-Peen feel good?

Who are you to insult ME anyway? I had a say in nefarious (well I wish I did) and since no one would listen, I told sas what I felt and got kicked, it's not a secret. TBH I wouldn't want to be in a Dictatorship guild, I quite happily went into a different guild which I am building up, including winning our first TW last week.

Next time don't attack me for no reason, you are completely off topic and making yourself look worse.

calm down god, this is not the topic to be discussed here.
    if u wish to make a thread attacking nef officials, do it at another place.
    putting up things openly here will not help to solve any problem.
    Elfen Lied is my life
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    My sources claim that geoggadi (nef director?) got mad pissed that amplified didnt show up to fight.

Not sure what he expected though, 80 people over lv60 against 30-ish lv30-60? Nef expected a challange?

Where are you pulling this from?
    We were attacked by two big guilds, we had 30 people for tw (lvl 40-75). We could have split our forces and lost both wars, or send everyone to NWO and keep one territory. Im very sorry that i didn't please Nefarious, but quite frankly we did what was best for us, not them.

Nobody got pissed off, but everyone was disappointed. Why shouldn't we be? We all wanted to try our first PvP TW and learn a few nuances. Nobody wants to stay a PvP TW virgin forever.

Deadbone did EXACTLY what every nef officer said they would have in his/her place. Deadbone is not stupid at all and made the right call for their guild.

And deadbone: I was LMAO at my guildmates when they were being lured to the rez towers to get 1 shot. I can't remember the name of the person from amp who was there to watch, but I got a huge laugh out of them luring into the towers.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You can only have 3 battles in the same day.
    False. RoC had 4 TW's in one day on Heavens Tear. The other part was true, though; you cannot have more than 3 TW's going on at the same time. The way the times were set up is that they'd have 1 TW earlier in the day (5 PM eastern) and the rest of them at night.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anjina - Sanctuary
    Anjina - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    First of all let me apologize for not having read through all the posts in this thread, but I read through a fair few, which is leading me to secondly: Please let us all remember what a true luxury it is that we can actually argue about a game at all. Many beings on this planet, whilst posts are typed within threads like this, are struggling for bare survival, due to starvation, diseases and wars, and we should never forget how fortunate we are to spend our time playing on the net or on our consoles. I have played enough games and observed enough 'fights' over what is happening in such games, to feel this gets all too often forgotten.

As for the contents of this thread - I was pointed towards it, thus I am now commenting, and I am most definitely speaking as an individual, not as a representative of the faction I and my love joined.

From a purely tactical point of view, the suggestion which started this thread is completely valid. Members of Nefarious, please realise, would you be a leader or member of a smaller upcoming faction, you would see this tactic as totally logical. The tactic holds nothing personal in itself, it is a pure 'war' tactic. Other words spoken within this thread on the other hand were of a personal nature, and I can only point at remembering that this is a game, and it is meant to bring us players enjoyment and entertainment. The moment we begin to let personal animosity rise within us, any game environment will turn into anything but enjoyment. Experienced internet gamers will have encountered this many times, and many will have found themselves affected by it in ways which can even lead to upsets carried into the so called 'real' world. I have been there, I have observed it as well as felt it, and never was it fun.

Nefarious holds a lot of territory on a map that only allows a restricted amount of territory, with many factions having formed since, many still forming and growing, as the game itself is still growing too. In regards to gaming value, this can make it interesting, as the battle for those territories held by Nefarious will ultimately begin, and whilst Nefarious at present counts many high level players - this game is still very 'young', and shifts will come. No 'tribe'/'nation' was ever able to survive for eternity. Egypt, Ancient Greece, Rome.. they all eventually fell...
    Please, Nefarious members, it is fully understandable you wish to hold on to the benfits your territories present you with, but you can hardly blame others that they aim for such benefits too. Factions can not grow beyond a certain point, which means players have to join other factions, and they will of course try to get the same benefits you have. Even if you would not try to expand, for one faction to hold that amount of territory, on the long run you will have wars on your hands, and the more fronts you have, the more battles you will have to fight. This will come to be for all factions, no one can ask to be excluded from it, this IS what TWs are about.

But how we go about these 'wars', that is up to us players - whether we wish to make it personal, or whether we will just see it as part of a game we enjoy and have the luxury to play. I was approached by someone with the question whether we could still be friends, even if our factions should end up battling, and honestly - it is sad if players feel a need to even ask such, and to me it shows how far too serious this is beginning to affect our gameplay *sighs*

"You can learn more about another in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." ~ Plato

I have found this very true, and others may should think about it, as the net is by far not as annonymous as many seem to believe. Real emotions are involded all the way, and we may think we can hide behind our screens and keyboards, but in the end our true colours will shine through, for all to see.

Nefarious members - sooner or later you will find yourself attacked on as many fronts as you have, it is inevitable - do not take it personal.

For all those who wish to gain ground on the map - keep it within pure gameplay, tactical - with no personal vendettas.

That way we can keep this game we love to play a place of fun for all, instead of turning it into a battlefield of real life frustrations and hurts.

I am not very social and do not usually converse through private msgs within the game, please respect that and do not contact.

Otherwise ~
    All the best to all playing this game!!
    As well as remembering all those who are not as lucky as us...
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Looks like most people here have a misconception. Guess that comes from not reading all the posts.

I dont beleive us Nefarious Members are disappointed/scared about the wars that might come upon us. Its inevitable and we know it. Weaker factions gang up on stronger ones to try and take them down. Thats been the way seen since the dinosaur ages. So obviously, growing as we are now, we always knew there would be a time when we will have to loook forward to situations like these.

We just dont like the way certain people are trying to project Nef as an "Evil" entity which needs to be controlled/banished. And then assume the role of "Gods gift to Mankind" to banish the treachery of Nef from earth. That to me is just misleading/misinforming people.

If thats how low people will stoop to pull us down, well I got nothing more to say. Its disappointing.

PS1: Please keep your personal trash out of this forum. No one wants to read them (this is applicable to both parties)

PS2: If you still feel like posting it, read PS1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Anjina - Sanctuary
    Anjina - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    bah, lol, of course you are evil - you dominate the map at present, that makes you TYRANTS ;P hehe

And all tyrants have rebels plotting against them - live with it *smirks and pokes the tyrants*

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH.. well.. whoever can afford to buy a herc?? O.O

Let's have fun and not take things too serious when we are here to play. World is a nasty enough place, so at least when we game we should not have to make the game world the same *hands out flowers and all that stuff* (but not to hit each other with it!! :P)
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    though you say you are not evil...
    you did not choose to name your faction
    'the good guys'

accept your decision you evil ****!

b:victory

Also, I see here a faction cannot be attacked by more than 3 fronts? Isn't it more like it cannot attack more than 3 fronts?

Doesn't seem fair to prevent factions from their manifest destiny, because the major land owning faction has a prior appointment.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • stormhydra
    stormhydra Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    This speech deservers to be in the Lord of the Rings.
    It was so epic lol.

And so serious
    Steam Acc - Blugblugy || Steam Nickname - Blugyblug ||Xfire - Blugyblug || - Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/COD: Black Ops - Blugyblug ||League of Legends - Blugyblug||Forsaken World - Coalescence (mage)
  • CamiIla - Sanctuary
    CamiIla - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ok....time for me to make things straight.
    I just joined nef recently and I bring along with me some opinions
    Of other factions towards nefarious.
    This is how it is... Just plain and simple:
    Others dislike nef for having too many territories
    And supposedly being the "strongest".
    Nefarious could care less about what other factions are plfotting and thinking.
    #1 rule in nef...don't trash talk.
    Nef isn't against any one or causing any trouble.
    We keep to ourselves and don't bother any 1.
    All our goal is to expand our faction
    JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FACTION!!!
    and if you disagree and say your not lusting for a little more power ad respect like us,
    Then wtf are you doing in a territory "war"?
    Ponder about that one.
    Ask yourself ,
    Why do I territory war?
    Answer: to some ....bring down that other faction we hate.
    To some,may be nef...
    But why nef?
    Cuz as gamers
    We ,we ALL have a lust to be better and the best.
  • CamiIla - Sanctuary
    CamiIla - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    And to comment on the title of the post
    Since when in any historical warfare has there ever been a balance of power?
    There's no point in war if here isn't an enemy's position or power to lust for.
    -represent
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I just joined nef recently
    #1 rule in nef...don't trash talk.
    Nef isn't against any one or causing any trouble.
    We keep to ourselves and don't bother any 1
    You are obviously a bit clueless, which is to be expected for just joining a guild.
    Also, its funny how you act like you know Nefarious,its history, and how others feel towards it. I think your post is more a cry for attentionb:bye
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You are obviously a bit clueless, which is to be expected for just joining a guild.
    Also, its funny how you act like you know Nefarious,its history, and how others feel towards it. I think your post is more a cry for attentionb:bye

Says the leader who abandoned their guild to get lost soooo far up Nishtara's behind. Just sayin' b:chuckle
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Says the leader who abandoned their guild to get lost soooo far up Nishtara's behind. Just sayin' b:chuckle

Says the person who listens to rumors and doesnt bother to ask for the truth b:chuckle
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Says the person who listens to rumors and doesnt bother to ask for the truth b:chuckle

Hehe, when you have ex Amplified members in your guild, it's truth. Too bad for you eh? Bummer man. b:cute
  • Manasurge - Sanctuary
    Manasurge - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wow.. theres 11 pages of posts... that I am not going to bother to read through.

How the hell do you guys come up with so much ******** to discuss lol. Whether there was a plan or not, drama or whatever, misunderstandings, and especially personal matters... throw it all aside and... well just kick some ****. I dont know how else to put it. I dont really understand all the "politics" and **** but I do understand the carebear name calling. It's not like we are ever going to NOT attack anyone for TW during any given week. Right now TW is just plain boring. Barely anyone shows up to go against us... props to those who have b:victory . So sooner or later I believe that we will attack you. So... just do something about it. Whatever plan anyone of you may have... wtf why think so much? Either you are capable of holding your ground or your not. Have some fun, prove what you're capable of in game... talking about it means ****.

I'll see you all someday in the battlefield b:pleased
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    First Post*

I have no real involvment with any of this drama and/or the constant bickering about things that do not really matter but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I am not a super high lvl nor do I get around much to be known by people but as a sideline observer I think enough is enough. People, get over your silly ideals and beliefs and play the game. Were we not blessed with a fun, attention grabbing FREE (and i stress that cause I'm just another broke college student) game? Let us just fight mobs, guilds and players and enjoy doing it. I don't spend any money on the game so losing something is not a big deal because I'm no better of with or without it but for those of you who do, mange your situation better. Resentment towards each other over something so miniscule in life is ridiculous. Please divert that energy towards TERRORISTS. I am not here to channel and hate towards anyone or blame to an individual. I just wish that we can lvl our characters, gain good equipment, fight over land amongst each other and at the end of the day pat each other on the back and say "you *******" but with a grin on our faces. Personally, I think some of you are just getting so bored that you relay that into petty arguements with other people. Life gave you lemons, so chuck em at the abnoxious dog next door not at people who are obviously similar to you since they enjoy the same game. The end.

P.S. I heard things (but who knows if I'm right) about a CERTAIN guild trying to get a CERTAIN person banned by presenting a fabricated video of that CERTAIN person using a bot. Low is low but that my friends, is below dog ****.

P.P.S I don't know what the exact definition is for CareBear but I think I get the idea and if you think this post falls under that category, don't waste your time replying that it is cause I already think so, so bleh i beat you to the punch

Thank You
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    P.S. I heard things (but who knows if I'm right) about a CERTAIN guild trying to get a CERTAIN person banned by presenting a fabricated video of that CERTAIN person using a bot. Low is low but that my friends, is below dog ****.

I seriously loled at that .. b:chuckle b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hehe, when you have ex Amplified members in your guild, it's truth. Too bad for you eh? Bummer man. b:cute
    So if ex-Amplified members and I are in the same guild, i guess that means i didn't abandon them eh? Bummer man.b:chuckle
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So if ex-Amplified members and I are in the same guild, i guess that means i didn't abandon them eh? Bummer man.b:chuckle
    Too bad your comebacks aren't as good as mine, always copying from me, tsk tsk. Bummer man x2 :O. b:laugh
    You make me giggle...If you weren't already wrapped around Nish's fingers I would grab you with mine :o.

Ps. If you can't comprehend all contexts of the word "your" that I used, you're not as bright as I really thought you were. Though what can I expect from the Heretic faction. b:surrender

And HolyInferno...Get over it? Their guild merely hates our leader and takes it out on the whole faction. Too bad they can't think for themselves.

It's so fun posting here <3
  • AraIyn - Sanctuary
    AraIyn - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Anyone else notice Nefarious is the only guild on the map to not have a real pvp tw? yet they own the most land, and are the biggest faction. For all we know, they could be pvp tw noobs :3

haha well i guess you'll find out this weekend. b:laughb:victory
  • psihi
    psihi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Wonder if me killing a guy 50 levels under me makes me a bad person b:pleased
    Guess only time will tell.

All in all i abide by this rule.If you dont like the heat stay out of the PK kitchen.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Vote me for president! b:victory
  • black314
    black314 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Im gonna have to agree with the attack on nef... I played PW-MY (eng) for a bit... anddd well the server I played on, the guild named "Warlord" had all but 2 territories, thats no exageration! They had ALL, and I mean ALL of them except for a couple. I would hate to see that on this server because of a couple reasons... 1. Its no fun for other guilds. (and) 2. There would probably be no chance anymore if that happened... thus resulting in probably a much less enjoyable experience for the whole entire sever... but dont mind me, I am just an itty bitty nub who has no idea what hes talking about... But seriously, if a guild has that much control, whats the point of territory wars after that?
This discussion has been closed.