edited January 2009
    Options
    Viva la revolution?
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    black314 wrote: »
    But seriously, if a guild has that much control, whats the point of territory wars after that?

QFT.

If you are in a guild that owns everything, that would get rather boring quite fast.

The question I have though is how does one guild get to that point? A guild can only have a max of 200 characters in it, and only 80 can be present for any given TW. Seeing as how you can have 3 battles going simultaneously at a given time, for a total of 6 per day, means losing a territory is very easy, once you own a good portion of the map. Either nobody plays on that server, or all the good players that aren't in that guild must have ego issues which prevent them from playing well with others.
  • Sirbilliam - Sanctuary
    Sirbilliam - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    This whole topic is pretty funny to be honest.

It is true that Nef is pretty strong. And hell one on one they probably can beat anyone. But that doesn't mean it will be that way forever. I mean if you look at the top 50 highest levels on Sanctuary you will see that Seppuku is right behind Nef on raw number of highest levels.

Honestly I don't believe Nef will take the whole map like most fear. I don't think they have ability to for various reasons. My educated guess is that they will be pushed back before they get to that point. If everyone wants to band together to destroy them, it would just happen faster.

As for people actually arguing about tactics and flaming one another, it's a waste. People are going to do what they want to do or what they feel is best for where they are positioned. Just because you sit here and whine doesn't mean anythings going to change. The option is tossed out there and if anyone wants to take it I am sure they just have to whisper Nish in game and she(he?) will begin making a plan to take down Nef. Hell 5+ guilds ganging up on one would actually probably make TW quite interesting for Nef so they might welcome it.

No one will know its going to happen until right before it does, especially if it's all planned quietly and information isn't leaked to everyone (though I would be surprised if it actually was managed to keep on the downlow till the last second). And if they fail the first week as a joined front, well there is always next week where they can do the same.

Thats my thoughts. I'm done posting here now. If anyone has any comments for me, feel free to PM me here or in game.

P.S. - After quite some time of not playing, I'm back! Hello to everyone who knows me. :D
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ding Ding Ding
    or all the good players that aren't in that guild must have ego issues which prevent them from playing well with others.

Also remember, even if the big guild owns all map, people get greedy and want to own all map instead of following someone on their world domination. Thats how empires fall.
  • GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary
    GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well looks like we have another Seppuku happening. High levels from Nefarious have left to fill up a new guild called Nemesis.

Now I'm probably wrong and will either get flamed or corrected nicely but I'm lead to believe from a new people that Nemesis was created by Geogaddi because the leader of Nefarious, SasakiSayuri, was an incompetent corrupt person who hid things like TW funding from the director of Nefarious, Geogaddi. Now I could be wrong, so if that's the case then correct me but you don't need to flame me..

Also once this guild was formed, I spoke to a few friends in Nefarious about what they'd do. ALL of them (that's right ALL) said they aren't leaving Nefarious solely for the money they get each week from TW payouts. So this leads me to believe that if you didn't earn money from TW, Nefarious would be empty.

Comments?
  • Harima Kenji - Sanctuary
    Harima Kenji - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    SasakiSayuri posted where the fund went openly. Like all faction, TW isnt the only thing Nef cares about. b:chuckle
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    SasakiSayuri posted where the fund went openly. Like all faction, TW isnt the only thing Nef cares about. b:chuckle

I bet Sasaki paid you to say thatb:chuckle
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well looks like we have another Seppuku happening. High levels from Nefarious have left to fill up a new guild called Nemesis.

Now I'm probably wrong and will either get flamed or corrected nicely but I'm lead to believe from a new people that Nemesis was created by Geogaddi because the leader of Nefarious, SasakiSayuri, was an incompetent corrupt person who hid things like TW funding from the director of Nefarious, Geogaddi. Now I could be wrong, so if that's the case then correct me but you don't need to flame me..

Also once this guild was formed, I spoke to a few friends in Nefarious about what they'd do. ALL of them (that's right ALL) said they aren't leaving Nefarious solely for the money they get each week from TW payouts. So this leads me to believe that if you didn't earn money from TW, Nefarious would be empty.

Comments?
    That is VERY wrong actually.
    Geogaddi and sasaki have been "fighting" for leadership for a couple weeks already (thats what i heard from some friends i got there), and both had people supporting each side. Geo wanted leadership because sasaki isnt active all the day and he refused to give it up after all the work he had done until now.
    I rejoined nefarious after 2 weeks out (first membership lasted 3 days) on EPIC/Outlaw/guildless because:
    1) 2 people that are worth talking on nef.
    2) 3-5 that quit to join nemesis or other guilds (psihi for example).

That made nef tolerable to me, and honestly i dont care about the payment. If i did i wouldnt be jumping around guilds and never getting paid. Only TW payment i ever recieved was 100k, and did like 10+ TW battles, 8 on legendary vs shockwave.
  • Manasurge - Sanctuary
    Manasurge - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thanks to those who left.. I now get 1.54m+ b:victory
  • Harima Kenji - Sanctuary
    Harima Kenji - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    No matter how much you bet. You will lose b:chuckle it is posted in the faction forum in excel sheet. Any nef with access can tell u that. b:laugh
  • GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary
    GodHatesYOU - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Oh ok my bad, makes sense. Except for the fact that Geogaddi actually let Psihi into his new guild.
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Quote seems bugged <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Apologies for the double post.

Quote - Never make negative comments or spread rumors about anyone. It depreciates their reputation and yours.

Applies to everyone. Ingame and forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Nefarious should be flattered. Free publicity.

Obviously some people think Nef is a force to be reckoned with and that's good for Nef.

The more the publicity the bigger the Nef reputation/name.

Nef should be paying for the adverts. b:chuckle

I'm neutral.......could be because I'm under the miscomprehension that I'm only playing a game for fun. b:laugh
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • basherboy357
    basherboy357 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Woooooo Sanctuaryyyy

ok, now that thats out of the way I can get to business....

I do agree, Nefarious has WAY too much land.

and its true, the fact that they can field a ton of players is probably the only reason they got to where they are.

but of course, it might already be too late for a joint attack to be of any real use, considering the fact that they have lately been recruiting much more actively lately (in my opinion).

however, im not going to forget that theyre the ones who are keeping Seppuku locked in the corner, and if they werent, they would probably be the ones to take over in Nef's place.

also, lets not forget Outlaw and their 8 territories shall we?

now, personally i'd help, but my faction cant do very much.

Also, ShockWave and Legendary probably wont be of much help anyway, considering they attacked each other last week, and they may be attacking each other this week.

Being honest, if we could get Legendary, Outlaw, WiccanWay, NWO, "Epic", Redraidrs, and maybe a couple of small dummy guilds to attack, Nef might be brought down a size, but without Outlaw, I dont see a very high chance for a win, and Outlaw has a lot of land as it is, and I dont really want them to have much more.

Also, look on the other servers sometimes, I think LC has only like 4 land-owning factions, 2 of which hold enormous amounts.
  • Devablade - Sanctuary
    Devablade - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

however, im not going to forget that theyre the ones who are keeping Seppuku locked in the corner, and if they werent, they would probably be the ones to take over in Nef's place.

Totaly false, Seppuku never intented to become a zerg guild and never will. Anything that says Sepp wants to own the map or anything close to that is false and should just be ignored. Seppuku`s intentions as stated many times was just to control 2-3 land or even none. It would not stop Sepp from doing TW at all.

Money is just a bonus. 0 of our core members care about the payment.

Why are they locking Sepp in a corner? Find out yourself.
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have to admit I find the current land situation a little concerning.

Granted I don't have room to say much as I'm from a small guild where only a handful of us are over 4x.

So... honestly I find all the big power houses a little... disconcerting in a way. Nef just more so because they have so much of the map right now.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thanks to those who left.. I now get 1.54m+ b:victory

that's per week?
    .....b:angry
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • AstigII - Sanctuary
    AstigII - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    This is just my point of view.
    I don’t want to write a novel so ill go straight to the point.
    There are few of you faction’s leaders or members dislike each other. Some of them have an ambition to be better than other and other may be content of what they have. All of this is part of the game and it’s normal. But all of this dislike will not get you anywhere but stepping on a crack and fall.
    I think Nef’s are doing a really good job conquering almost the entire world of PWI. But you all can put an end to that!
    If all want to see Nefarious go down. All must put each other’s different aside and get together and come up with a game plan. You all know how big Nef’s are and how many active players they have. Let’s just say Nef’s has over 150 active player’s everyday. As far as I know there are 6 factions out there who are strong or large enough to go face to face with Nef’s. (I will not name each one of them.) If you combine all together, all you have enough players to keep up with Nef’s.
    Each leaders of this faction’s should talk it out and each faction’s should pick which Nef’s land that they want to attack. So in that way you all don’t have to outbid on each other and that leave Nef’s nothing but to depend 6 lands that they already owned. Some of these factions will fail and some will be victorious. But that’s ho it goes.
    PNAS recruiting all pilipinos apply at: pnas.guildlaunch.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I dont see why pple are so concerned...
    All big powers will come to an end someday, and so will Nef, its just a matter of time. Whoever thinks they wont, has got to be so ignorant they never went to school. This has been repeated through and out real life history and it goes same for online games too.
    Its just a matter of time, patience is virtue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It doesnae necessarily have to happen in a game, actually.
    Look at the other servers where there is one guild that rules the whole map...no one can stop them.

Thing is, irl, people age and die. Armies fall apart. New soldiers are born in other countries constantly and of course: conscription.

In the game; people generally flock to the winnin' side (not really an easy option irl), which unbalances it further. Games have armour, weaponry and lvls, and upgradin' systems (obviously unavailable irl) and of course, if a hero dies in a game; he comfortably gets back up and continues (clearly, irl when the mightiest die; they're dead). The losin; side irl can easily conscript thousands and build up an army of numbers against the peoples wills to battle the enemy: ingame the losin' side is forced to sit and watch the masses simply observe the wars w/o a care. No one can be forced into the wars, and of course, the soldiers want to win, not die; bringin' us back to the first point: they flock to the winnin' side...

This means that the masses flood to the winnin' side, upgrade, get stronger and more experienced and completely outclass the others, as immortal beings that never need to lose their greatest aside from dissension and mutiny. In a game, these things don't ever have to end.

Not sayin' it never will. Jus' disagree w/ the argument that it *will* for a fact. Not true. The gamin' world has major differences. The great power might fall....
    Might not....
    But could...
    ...Maybe....
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ALL OUR BASE BELONG TO NEF!

b:sad
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Psihi - Sanctuary
    Psihi - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I rejoined nefarious after 2 weeks out (first membership lasted 3 days) on EPIC/Outlaw/guildless because:
    1) 2 people that are worth talking on nef.
    2) 3-5 that quit to join nemesis or other guilds (psihi for example).

That made nef tolerable to me, and honestly i dont care about the payment. If i did i wouldnt be jumping around guilds and never getting paid. Only TW payment i ever recieved was 100k, and did like 10+ TW battles, 8 on legendary vs shockwave.
    Hey Klath get over yourself.I hate you self-righteous people that say :"Oh no Psihi is "scamming" people" but don't give 1 coin or a good advice to the low level players.I helped allot of people with allot of things(a good advice,some coins,etc.).People who really know me can vouch for this.

All i do is actually buy cheap sell expensive.This is called being a merchant not scamming.

At a final comment Klath please understand this and stop the lame flaming:
    BUSINESS IS BUSINESS
    Theh END
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hey Klath get over yourself.I hate you self-righteous people that say :"Oh no Psihi is "scamming" people" but don't give 1 coin or a good advice to the low level players.I helped allot of people with allot of things(a good advice,some coins,etc.).People who really know me can vouch for this.
    Hey psihi, how are you?
    I heard from some guys when i joined Nef that you bought TT materials from the guild bank (half the market price for guildies) and sold on catshop at archo. And when geogaddi found it out, you moved to Lost City.

Is that true? I just find the story amazing and suits you very well.
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    All i do is actually buy cheap sell expensive.
    Hey psihi, how are you?
    I heard from some guys when i joined Nef that you bought TT materials from the guild bank (half the market price for guildies) and sold on catshop at archo. And when geogaddi found it out, you moved to Lost City.

Is that true? I just find the story amazing and suits you very well.

Like he said, buys cheap and sells expensive.b:bye
  • Daedalis - Sanctuary
    Daedalis - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    That's business. Why do people not like Psihi?

As for the main topic, I have respect for Nefarious, what they have done is just remarkable. They have created a superpower through hard work. In order to keep it up, they have to use harsher methods and be more selctive in their recruiting. I would like to see more factions though, (good factions) that can challenge Nefarious just a bit more.
    Deadalis...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiffanny - Sanctuary
    Tiffanny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    This thread is like a monster from a Stephen King novel. It refuses to stay buried, and utilizes more words than Hemingway needed to write any five novels... b:surrender

Let's re-hash the obvious again. Call this the TLDR version.

The entire premise of this thread is fatally flawed. There is and can be no "balance of power." TW is about territory WARS, not territory tea-parties. The amount of coins any given player in any given faction is likely to earn from any given TW (outside of Nefarious and maybe Outlaw) is probably miniscule. They could grind more coin in just a coupla hours, probably.

Therefor the whole point of TW is to PvP. The money is just a sideshow.

Currently <Nefarious> is the United States of the Sanctuary map. Like the real U.S., we thus inspire a sizable mixture of jealousy, envy, and other negative emotions from the rest of the world. We get lied about, demonized, slandered, and gossiped about. We inspire conspiracy theories, false rumours, and endless amounts of empty rhetoric.

If more people knew what we were really like, we'd get more new apps on any given day then we'd know what to do with.

For players who are 55+ and focuced on endgame activities, we're the logical home. We do TW, TT, Zhen (usually minus Venos, who tend to have a rough go at persuading fellow Zhenners that they should be picked instead of a wizard or archer), and FBs galore. We kill every boss needed for every quest at various times and places. We chat on Teamspeak, post on our website, flood guildchat with blue text by varying degrees, and generally behave like you'd expect any large, serious PWI guild to behave.

We've been around since the day the server opened. We've had the same leader the entire time. We won the first TW on the server--in fact, the first three. There's a fair degree of momentum that builds up just from holding this unique status, for no other faction has both been here on Sanctuary since day one AND kept the same leader throughout the entire time.

In short: there's no point "hating" on Nefarious (damn, it feels weird using such a new-fangled slang term). If you want to TW, if you freakin' love PvP, why aren't you wearing our tag already? There's nothing sinister about us. We're Nefarious in name only. Our members consume fewer telecoustics per person (or TPP, the universally recognized scientific measurement) than any other faction. You want worldchat trash-talkin', you're looking at the wrong folks. We just don't do it. We play the game, is all. Sometimes too damn much. It's part of what makes us work in TW--we show up. A lot. Usually with antsy members sitting on the waiting list anxioius to help bust some heads. Nothing conspiratorial about that, and this whole thread needs to just... DIE. Especially given it's instigator no longer even leads his guild... ;p

--Scott
    <Nefarious> nobody
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Your spelling and grammer is offensive, thus you must be part of an evil faction of overlords!
    b:pleased

p.s. Misspelled words destroy even the best written message. If one cannot take the time to proof-read, then it assumes a lack of respect to the reader.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    (usually minus Venos, who tend to have a rough go at persuading fellow Zhenners that they should be picked instead of a wizard or archer)
    Are you insane? <_<
    A veno cant replace a archer or wizard, not even in dreams.
    But they can pull just like other class.

PS: Jun is invited to our Zhens.
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    That's business. Why do people not like Psihi?

As for the main topic, I have respect for Nefarious, what they have done is just remarkable. They have created a superpower through hard work. In order to keep it up, they have to use harsher methods and be more selctive in their recruiting. I would like to see more factions though, (good factions) that can challenge Nefarious just a bit more.

Who knew a Man City fan would know a lot about good business? 14mil for Bellamy suggests otherwise.

haha :-P
This discussion has been closed.