• Galestorm - Raging Tide_1303059255
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pretty awesome. Thanks for the tips
  • grimzod
    grimzod Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Should be very helpful :)

Way back on pg 22 Rhapsodus (sp) mentioned merchanting and that it seemed to be frowned on. FYI I am on my phone so going to try to be brief as tiny kb is a pain. :(

Problem is amateurs who act like Ferengi. Buy low, sell high and count on always having new customers. Add in virtual world (can always leave for a new game) and this is a viable tactic.
    I love to "play" the AH in every game I get into. My tactic is to buy low and sell higher than I paid. Difference is if I can buy something for say half the going price, then I will put it up for say a 10 percent discount. (buy for 25gp, sell for 45gp when avg price is 50). This way I can make a profit and not **** up the market.

Hopefully that made sense and was somewhat helpful :)
  • kensharma
    kensharma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    GREAT guide. I'm new here...i wanna get to level 50 fairly fast, i only have 300 gold, 1 skill, and i fell in love with this guide. I need a faction and gold donations/recommendations, pm me if u can help
    Here To Live, Love, Joy, And Rock The Game.

Not Here To Argue. Not Here To Fight.

Here To Be My Best, Using All Of My Might
  • StormFin - Archosaur
    StormFin - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thanks.. it certainly helps. I am a grinder by nature, but some of the tips will make life a lot easier.
  • proudish
    proudish Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Excellent Great
    10/10
    Goals :
    Downloading PWI [X]
    More Come Soon b:laugh
  • EIodi - Sanctuary
    EIodi - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you very much for this wonderful guide!
    I've noticed how easy it is to spend money in this game! I'll look at my bag and see 600k (okay, I'm not very rich, I'm a serial crafter xD) and then 30 mins later I'll have 50k and have absolutely no idea where it all went!
    Teleporting definitely adds it all up, so I've started flying a LOT. And thanks for the free Archosaur teleport workaround, that's great b:victory
    Lv 5x Psychic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AKA Adeacia - Shura (Jade Dynasty)
  • xdoomy
    xdoomy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    teleporting, .. its not really that much of a waste, however its how you teleport, teleporting saves time, time = money, the time u DONT lose by teleporting(meaning the flying time) u can be grinding for money, since from a decent level u CAN get good rewards from a sinlge mob. lv 82 mobs drop items worth 3.9k... meaning you can teleport, but i agree on avoiding dumb teleports when you have a mount
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    xdoomy wrote: »
    teleporting, .. its not really that much of a waste, however its how you teleport, teleporting saves time, time = money, the time u DONT lose by teleporting(meaning the flying time) u can be grinding for money, since from a decent level u CAN get good rewards from a sinlge mob. lv 82 mobs drop items worth 3.9k... meaning you can teleport, but i agree on avoiding dumb teleports when you have a mount

If you have the best aerogear for your class, the only reasons you should teleport would be a)in a hurry to get somewhere or b)using the stone to port into FB/BH (because everyone hates the slowpoke). Otherwise, use the aerogear and go use the restroom or get something to snack on or drink...Get off your lazy bum! XD
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • NemoVtr - Sanctuary
    NemoVtr - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    heres wat i do, I sell very thing at AH it all sells pretty well and ya aint wasting Time in Cat shops selling wen ya can be farming or grinding !

And this sounds Crazy But i make good on it, Ok the events are very profitable ok heres why, Ok Joe Bob sells Tokens for 10k and has a 1000 of them, and Mary Joe at other side of archo buys em for 11k and wants to by 1000 of them ok if ya have the money to do this Buy em from JOE BOB at 10k and go sell em to MARY JOE at 11k . Add that up 1000 at
    1k = 1mill profit or how ever many ya buy and sell its 1k profit, if ya got the coins its very worth it to me! Kinda like the stock market lol!!! b:chuckle

I do this alot to ! Helps to stop at cat shops to see wats happening or New guys is selling a item for way less than wats its really worth due to they dont know the price, and sell it in AH for a lil more than ya paid for it ! b:thanks

This game is like real life in making money ,And thers also scammers to as in real life so becarfull !!
  • NemoVtr - Sanctuary
    NemoVtr - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hello all, Amiris here. Felt like making a short guide on moneymaking, because it seems the majority of newer people have trouble keeping up with equipment, and nearly every high lvl player complains about skill costs. First of all, don't mind my avatar. My main is NOT lvl 42. She's higher. Amiris is my forum char because the rest of my avatars are bugged.
    Anyway, on to the actual guide. I'll divide the concept of money making into two subcategories.

1) Making money
    2) Saving the money you've made

Should be reasonable enough. Alright, on to making money.
    I'll list several effective ways to do this.

A) Grind.

Fairly obvious. When grinding, you get lots of money and item drops. Pick them ALL up, unless there's some insane swarm of monsters on top of it and you can't handle them. Do NOT ignore the money drops, even though there seems to be so little money. It builds up. A player lvling from 1-20 without picking up any money missed out on, on average, about 50-60K. And those are the easy no-grind lvls.
    Also, sell any drops you may get to the NPC. This includes Dragon Quest drops, unless you're actually able to sell them to other players. I wouldn't count on that. From my own experiences, it's best to sell every single DQ drop to the NPC, unless you're really desperate to upgrade your bank.
    Items you should keep :
    -Things you may need, such as potions
    -Good equipment (good equipment is any BLUE two-star item or better. Explanation below.)
    -Materials if you need them
    Just for comparison, at lvl 45, my Venomancer made about 100K while grinding 30%.

B) Help people

Sounds odd, doesn't it. "But Amiris, I don't want to get paid for helping people." That's right, you don't. Helping people just because they'll pay you isn't exactly nice. However, it does work the other way around. People may pay you just because you helped them. Like a Ch'in squad needing a Cleric, those aren't exactly rare, and they'll often end up paying the Cleric for their help. Other such occasions are helping people with a dungeon (without wine. You don't get paid for a wined run.), or crafting items for others (provided they give you the materials).

C) Sell the good items

To players, that is. If you got a nice equipment drop from a monster, your best option would be to sell it to a player, because they're usually worth a lot more than the NPC will pay you. Good equipment is usually a blue-named two-star item with decent stats (By which I mean a magic weapon with accuracy does NOT have decent stats). Now, there's three types of people:
    -People who sell their items through chat. This is usually not a great option. Trade chat in West Archo can get you a buyer sometimes, but it's usually not very effective.
    -People who sell their items through a 'cat shop'. This is a good option for the medium-priced items.
    -People who sell their items through the auction. This is a great option for the medium to high-priced items. You can set a minimum bid (and a buyout price), then just go grind. After 24 hours, the item will get sold to the highest bidder (earlier if someone payed the buyout price). Downside is that you have to pay to use the auction. Costs are negligible though, just make sure you'll get more money out of it than you put in.

D) Farm
    "What, I'm not a farmer!" No, but you should farm materials. Anytime you see a material, grab it. They sell high and they're quite common, especially at the higher lvls, when you're the only one around to grab it. It's usually best to decide what materials you'll grab though, as bank space is limited. If you have to decide, pick either herbs or the rest.

E) FB's are great exp

But they're horrible for money. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT lvl doing just call to duties for the reward. There is NO money reward, and you won't get a lot of drops in dungeons. You may get lucky and get a mold, but don't count on it. Do an fb every once in a while, don't constantly stand in towns asking for call to duties.
    How does this make money? Because it relates to grinding. No fb's = more grinding = more money.

There, that's basic money making. Now, how to save the money you've made.

A) Walk, fly, run, swim

"Uhh, I do that already." Yes, but not enough. Way too many people teleport around places. Put it this way : If you're paying to teleport around Archosaur, or paying the -I think- 5K to go from Sumor Camp to Swiftwind Tribe, you're wasting your money. You may think it's not a lot, but it really builds up. Teleporting is the number 1 mistake people make regarding their money. I generally only teleport between the following places :
    -The three main cities : They're relatively far from each other, and I'll admit it's quite dull to fly between them as much as you should. Therefore, I teleport between these.
    -City of the Lost -> Wellspring Village : My gateway to Archosaur. It costs 200 coins, and flying from there to Archosaur takes about 2 minutes. Saves you 2.8K.
    -The towns from lvl 1-20 : Eh, it's only 200 coins, you can make that back from a single monster. You have to walk too much at the lower lvls otherwise.
    Also, if you have TW teleports in your faction, use them wisely, because they're awesome.

Edit: The FREE teleport to Archosaur. Starting at lvl 40, if you want to get to Archosaur, go to a main town (the lvl 1 and 2 territory towns) and go to the Adventure Assistant and Khatru Pup. Have either teleport you into the Cube of Fate, then talk to the Exit manager in there to warp to Archosaur. Free teleport, use it.

B) Don't buy NPC items

NPC items are NOT worth the price you pay for them, though I suppose shards are an exception to that rule. If you need items, buy them from players or the auction. This especially goes for equipment. Usually, blue two-stars in the auction are cheaper than white 1-star NPC items.

C) Don't buy stuff cause it's pretty

Too often do I see this: people buying three-stars with horrible stats just because they glow. Or imbuing elemental shards into your equipment, just for the looks. That's a LOT of money down the drain. And a blue weapon isn't really exceptional either - don't expect to be seen as a god just cause you have one.

D) Boutique Clothes don't do anything

So don't get them unless you really, really want them. And even then, make sure you can really spare the money. Boutique Clothes are only there to look nice. I suppose this falls under C a bit...

E) Only get the good skills

Don't waste your money just to try a skill out. Read the description, look it up, then decide whether or not you want it. For example, many wizards want to get Hailstorm, it's an AoE and all. However, the skill is totally rubbish. Money (and SP) wasted.

F) Forums first

Got a question? Ask it on the forums. Don't waste teleacoustics on world chat to get an answer to a simple question. I, for one, look at the forums every 30 minutes or so, to see if there's unanswered questions.

So there you have it. Hope that helped some of you newer players, and maybe even a couple higher lvls. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and feel free to submit anything you think should be added.

heres wat i do, I sell very thing at AH it all sells pretty well and ya aint wasting Time in Cat shops selling wen ya can be farming or grinding !

And this sounds Crazy But i make good on it, Ok the events are very profitable ok heres why, Ok Joe Bob sells Tokens for 10k and has a 1000 of them, and Mary Joe at other side of archo buys em for 11k and wants to by 1000 of them ok if ya have the money to do this Buy em from JOE BOB at 10k and go sell em to MARY JOE at 11k . Add that up 1000 at
    1k = 1mill profit or how ever many ya buy and sell its 1k profit, if ya got the coins its very worth it to me! Kinda like the stock market lol!!!

I do this alot to ! Helps to stop at cat shops to see wats happening or New guys is selling a item for way less than wats its really worth due to they dont know the price, and sell it in AH for a lil more than ya paid for it !

This game is like real life in making money ,And thers also scammers to as in real life so becarfull !!
  • LaraiaAroh - Dreamweaver
    LaraiaAroh - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Personally, I'll find someone who needs at least 50 or so herbs that I can gather right now, I'll go out and do the work for them by farming for them. You can get good money that way, provided you have the inventory space (or bank space) and the person still needs them. And, after a few hand fulls of herbs, you've most likely paid back what you owed by getting the pickaxe.
  • RubyFleur - Heavens Tear
    RubyFleur - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Vey nice guide :) I got almost 90k from this b:pleased b:thanks
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I do this alot to ! Helps to stop at cat shops to see wats happening or New guys is selling a item for way less than wats its really worth due to they dont know the price, and sell it in AH for a lil more than ya paid for it !

While "buy low, sell high" can work, this kind of trademutant-playstyle is extremely time consuming since you actually need to know the prices before you can do anything. And there's more than just 1-2 catshops in Archosaur alone.

So it's quite different from simply playing "money-aware" --- it requires a dedicated trademutant to do it.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • lunaserena13
    lunaserena13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread! I am just going to start playing this game now and I'm sure it will help me out b:pleased
  • My_T_Angel - Dreamweaver
    My_T_Angel - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Very helpful. Thanks.......
  • UntipO - Raging Tide
    UntipO - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mm good idea man thanksb:victory
  • jaxteller
    jaxteller Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • nox1283
    nox1283 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bro i liked what you said here its some good things that i will use in the game. tnx
  • robintb
    robintb Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nice guide b:laugh
  • Sllywolf - Sanctuary
    Sllywolf - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have tried selling items in auction and in cat shop. Ya you make money more then you would doing it the way I do it most of the time.

When your in a crunch and need some cash pretty quick sell the dragon quests items to NPCs. I make about 50k an hour doing this. You just need to find the right mobs to kill that drop DQ its regularly. This spot it up to you kinda goes by level and what you can easily kill with out issue. I am a Psy so I kill lower level mobs pretty quick and get DQ item easily.

Works best for level 30 toons though or around there anyways but any level can do it.

A good spot is in SECRET PASSAGE mobs re spawn quick and drop at a good rate.

Like I said only if you need cash fast. At lower levels this is great to do to start building up cash fund unless you wanna wait for the auction.

there are plenty of other places you can go to do this. It is pretty much farming. But you gain xp while your doing it.

Hope this help lower levels with some crunch cash I am sure someone else has already said this before but I figured Id say it again.

Have fun and enjoy the game.

BY THE WAY: NICE GUIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you are interested in joining SOULFIRE please contact any of the listed people on the Santuary Server.

Purrrciville, Keiko_Soma , _Alcmena_ , Alakaar
    DarkAnfelSC, ToadlyStoned , Alykzander , Quezon
    Bloogangelx, Sllywolf

All levels are welcome 1-max

We have Ventrilo server, websites, and also banks.
    We are also very helpful and will help or do anything that is needed for our members.

Step it up a little and sent you request for invite today.
    IGNITE YOUR INNER FIRE
  • superfreack
    superfreack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am brand new to Perfect World International.
    Thank you for this guide. It was a good read while I wait for the game to download.
  • oneevilangel
    oneevilangel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Great guide to start on, about to play for the first time, thank you for taking the time to write it! b:pleased
  • Asif - Harshlands
    Asif - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well its nice to see such a detail way of saving/earning money , its quit helpful thx guys , i have one question about stash , i have lvl 50 stash and it requires perfect hammer for that well i m in confusion whether i should spend money on that or i should leave it .......(does it worth perfect hammer)
  • XShikamarux - Raging Tide
    XShikamarux - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thanks! This helped me a lot ^^,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keechak
    keechak Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wat is the cat shop?? I cant fight anymore because of my bow but i dont understand whats wrong with it..
  • ctstew
    ctstew Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jadelion wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me but during questing and griniding I notice that many people don't pick up their drops for some reason so I just pick everything I see and npc it b:laugh more for me!

Yes, when grinding I try to pick up everything I can until I run out of room, then I join the others by dropping items for better ones or just leaving them behind as I get more experience and spirit points. If a city is close I run there, to the bank to deposit or to a crafter NPC to sell or you can decompose to feed your genie it all depends on what you want to do. It just takes so long to do all the running around.
  • Miragen - Dreamweaver
    Miragen - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well its nice to see such a detail way of saving/earning money , its quit helpful thx guys , i have one question about stash , i have lvl 50 stash and it requires perfect hammer for that well i m in confusion whether i should spend money on that or i should leave it .......(does it worth perfect hammer)

Yeah its worth it, you're gonna want the next supply stashes that come the in next 30-40 levels aswell.
  • sambotoon202
    sambotoon202 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    • Youth Ashti missed if you allow the game starts accompanied by my brother named Pa game starts sonci Ashti least it is the mo Dare Ende program to settle that Suh Pa game starts like this guys possible Touselo Day message does not pull the game starts
  • Looo - Heavens Tear
    Looo - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Amazing guide im lvl 22 and i have 100k b:laugh
  • Luffic - Raging Tide
    Luffic - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hey..its a very good guide but im new to PW, as you can see im just lvl 18, so i dont know what is grinding, so if anyone could explain me i would be gratefull.... TY