Money making : How to do it.

Options

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Which jumping quest? And what does this have to do with making money?

Quest tips is thataway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • fudogs
    fudogs Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hey how long does it take to lvl from 1 to 20
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    one thing id say is, even though it seems like a big lump of money to spend: buy the fastest aero and mount you can afford.

Reasons:
    1. They arent going to just loose their value, regardless of how much you bought them for unless they go down in price in the boutique their value will always be in proportion to the current gold price. So you can always re-sell your mount or aero.

2. In the guide you mentioned not teleporting, and that is true it saves allot of money, but lets face it you are much more likely to tele if you have +0.5 aero. With my mount i will happily ride from arch to anglers village, etherblade and that surrounding area. If i didnt have a mount or fast aero id just tele.

plus questing = grinding + a bonus at the end, and faster movement = faster quest completion = more time to do more quests!
  • PetUser - Lost City
    PetUser - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What do you classify as "fast aero"?
  • PetUser - Lost City
    PetUser - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fudogs wrote: »
    hey how long does it take to lvl from 1 to 20

About... 3 days for me, but maybe that's because I have lots of time on my hand
    Sorry for the double post
  • Deviling - Harshlands
    Deviling - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ya 3 days for me too :D
  • Seanzo - Sanctuary
    Seanzo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like the guide..... but, say you get a mold from a FB and its meant ffor your class and level do you keep it or buy it? Also how can you get cheap items that are powerful?
    Seanzo - lvl 65 Blade Master

AltiarII - lvl 25 Assassin
  • sleepybyz
    sleepybyz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    38% Downloaded 62% to go I need some help when I start. b:laugh
  • sleepybyz
    sleepybyz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How do I get a avatar does anyone know or do you have to play the game First? b:angry
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    About... 3 days for me, but maybe that's because I have lots of time on my hand
    Sorry for the double post
    Ya 3 days for me too :D

err....
    about 1 day or less for me.
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiryn - Raging Tide
    Kiryn - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My main question, money-wise, is.... about what level will it be that one actually gets a useful amount of coin? Everything that means anything in this game seems to cost a couple mil coin and up (2.5mil for just a basic vendor ground mount, etc, etc). So, playing "normally" (ie, not being an auctioneer or 18hr/day catshopper, not dropping $50/mo on gold, etc), when should one end up with a couple mil coin?

(I'm at lv33, and currently have..... 150k? Admittedly, I've been crafting with my mats instead of selling them, but....)
  • Milesluminis - Heavens Tear
    Milesluminis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well.. know most of it and doin it, except the teleport and fb parts.. im doin fb's not only for repu/exp, im doin it to help ppl.. fb19 cost me like 20k or something from repairs..but guildie or friend or rare times stranger gets culti done and gets a nice weap.. (im not keeping any drops, no dq, no blood and specially not molds "tabber keep drops")
    and teleporting.. i just teleportet from archo to dreamviewer.. why ? not coz i have slow fly mount.. my nakir is 2.5, or are to lazy to ride my 10m/s panther.. simply coz i kill enough mobs in the time i would need for get there to get more money from teleport, than from walk/fly "time is money" not allways true.. but sometimes it is ^^
    i invested some $ to game.. but all stuff im using i got from coins (like my nakir, or panther).. bought marriage packs, and some lil gifts for wifey from the RL-gold
    i make also some extra coins from checkin shops while search bounty hunter squad, or foolin around in archo (posing around dont makes u cool, use ur time wisly) set up shop when go afk/sleep is also a good way to get rid of some spare items and make coins out of 'em

..its a great guide, and i want to thank u for it, hold to it is a sure way to make some extra coins ! but(there allways is ?! isnt it?) find out what points are usefull for u, some things change on higher lvl's

(maybe add doin TT runs for drops to it, its worth the sub -repair costs, when grind, i have world chat allways open, much times ppl ask for more for their runs just join, take a good sellin mat, and u got some extra cash, or a mat u maybe need for ur new armor/weap for allmost free)
  • Milesluminis - Heavens Tear
    Milesluminis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yepp, those forum avaars are ingame chars aswell, when made ur first char, u can add him here as avatar :)
    if u need help, and play on HeavensTear, pm me ^^ when have time, i will ^^
  • XTaixVenomx - Sanctuary
    XTaixVenomx - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, from other players. There's also a gold trade system ingame, which is supposed to make it possible to trade ingame coins to Zen. However, I have no clue whatsoever how that works. It looks really complicated, and the built in tutorial isn't much help.

ITs pretty easy. You set a password and deposit coin into the Vault. then you make and offer of how much gold you want to buy and how much coin you are offering per gold. and then you wait till some one accepts your offer. or you can find someone on the selling list and click them and buy it right away. I have both sold gold and bought gold this way.
    BTW i play sanctuary. xTaixVenomx, xBlueStreakx, and AnissaMarie Hit me up if you hav more questions or need help
  • Kaerie - Raging Tide
    Kaerie - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the guide! I'm a noobie to this game so thanks now I know how to make money and save it :) I'm level 11 xD thanks again!b:pleased
  • soulbeast299
    soulbeast299 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hey i realy liked it im lv 19 at lv 20 i have freinds wanting me to start a guild so this helps with my order of how money will be exchanged THANK U itll also help me get the dress for my girl freind cuz were geting married well THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • odinvtitan
    odinvtitan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im new to these kind of games and thought i would check this out.... is it any good?
  • odinvtitan
    odinvtitan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    odinvtitan wrote: »
    im new to these kind of games and thought i would check this out.... is it any good?

b:shockedb:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, welcome and the game is good. b:thanks

Btw about lv vs money owned :
    I has a friend about to reach lv 35 but already has 17 million <.<, she total newbie since that was her first character.
    I guess she just has great merchant talent, and seem she not open a cat shop but can see AH for a very long time <.< . b:sad
    (she not venomancer but psychic and not cash shopper too)

And these merchant talents can be scary because i had other friend on other mmorpg that just stuck his lv on best place to lvl on the game (around mid lv, 45 there) then always make a squad there to lvl pets. (pets can fight just like character there and they evolve)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • dredd
    dredd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    a side note about fb/bh runs....
    you CAN make money doing them, depending on the drop rules for the run. if decent 3 star gear or molds drop, you may have just made a nice chunk of change! but many guilds run fb's with the "tabbers drops" rule, and frequently BH runs have a... LOL "winer's drops" rule. Just make sure you know the squad drop arrangements before hand :)
  • lordoflife6
    lordoflife6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this i knew most but you have a couple good pointsb:victory
  • ahthurungnone
    ahthurungnone Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It was helpful, but a newbie doesn't understand what you mean by "grinding" nor the abbreviations such as NPC. It was very helpful though. Thank you.
  • Adalynne - Sanctuary
    Adalynne - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Here is the way my husband makes money on his character. He spends a lot of time in West District Arch looking through catshops or in the AH. Basically, (and it's going to sound mean) he keeps an eye out for people who forgot a zero or two in their intended price, and he will buy out whatever it is at a fraction of the cost. He has literally made over 200 mil coins doing this. Like I said, it seems mean, but if someone isn't willing to take an extra 5 seconds to check over their prices, then it's their own fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Save money and don't spend it. Works everytime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr_goth - Raging Tide
    Dr_goth - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yea its a great guide. Need to save up money for a reset note,( Added points to magic..... b:beatup ) SO this is going to be Law for me for the next, hmmm id say month to 3 months
    WHY did i add Points to magic QQ b:infuriated
    I am i think the most fail pw player there ever was. i count 16+ different chars, most of them fails
  • CrimsonCrime - Sanctuary
    CrimsonCrime - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Although old but helpful guide thanks tc
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Samikouk - Sanctuary
    Samikouk - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wow all kinds of ways
  • bwise
    bwise Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I'm just reading up on the tutorials before I begin. Downloading now :) I have played many mmorpg's and this one looks very good. Can't wait, thanks.
  • videomast3r925
    videomast3r925 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This guide is really helpful. Thx alot. It needs a stickyb:victory

One thing though. Can stuff in the item mall/boutique be bought with coins?

yes they can, but to be precise you have to buy **GOLD** WITH COINS from the auctioneer, at this time gold is probably 300-400k or maybe cheaper or more expensive if you buy from other players
    hope this helped^^b:victory
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dredd wrote: »
    a side note about fb/bh runs....
    you CAN make money doing them, depending on the drop rules for the run. if decent 3 star gear or molds drop, you may have just made a nice chunk of change! but many guilds run fb's with the "tabbers drops" rule, and frequently BH runs have a... LOL "winer's drops" rule. Just make sure you know the squad drop arrangements before hand :)

You do know that if someone pays for the wines by himself, he spends rougly 500k just so you can do the run smootly right?

So yes, if someone pays for the wines by themselfs, they have the right to claim all drops (on a high FB where the tabber refuses to pay wines, it's even so that if someone else wines he can claim the drops before the tabber, cause he spend the money)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris