Money making : How to do it.

Options

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^About that . .
    I guess people just like to be greedy and just think about them self. b:surrender
    Well that part of human nature . . .

Those who not greedy won't reach the top. ._. . . . but they has fun & peace that those on top don't understand.

Btw, if i joined a free wine squad of course the wine owner that get the drop. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • thelayofbeleriand
    thelayofbeleriand Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm a new player (level one - just started playing today). I suppose I can't "grind" yet. I haven't gone on any quests yet because everytime I try to reach a quest giver, I get stuck on the terrain (walls, pits, etc.), since I use autopath. This is getting very frustrating because I have no idea what I should do now. I'm almost afraid to venture anywhere for fear of getting stuck. I've already been stuck twice, and the town portal spell only works once every hour. I don't want to get stuck again. But I need to get to the quest givers somehow. What should I do?
  • danceshae
    danceshae Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am brand new, so I did not really get the places to teleport and all that, but thanks and I will be sure to look back to it.
  • macabeul100
    macabeul100 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you should sell the DQ items,because the qwest is boring end the onli reward is exp
  • Reardon - Heavens Tear
    Reardon - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Even though I haven't read all the previous 480+ posts, I have a suggestion or two that probably has been posted.

Grinding and selling drops are the easiest ways to build up a decent hoard of cash.

If you set up a catshop, the best items to sell are items used for quests, dragon quest drops and quality drops (molds, 2 or 3 star items, etc.) I've heard a lot of people bragging how they make money by the boatloads and that's one way they do it. Another way is to buy items bought in the boutique and sell them in the auction house. The formula used was price in gold * coin for gold exchange rate*1.1. So if it cost 1 gold in boutique and the going rate for gold was 350k, the price would be 1*350k*1.1 for a total of 385,000 coins. Even though the auction house takes 5% of the price as a fee, you can make a tidy sum of money that way if you have the real life cash to spend.

I just kill mobs that drop items used in crafting items and/or drop dragon quest items. My lvl 75 veno can clear up to 200k in an hour in some areas. Makes it easier to afford Twilight Temple (for lvl 60, 70, 80, 90 and 99 characters) materials that I can't go and farm for myself.
    The One and Only Copper Commando Barbarian b:victory
  • Denesa - Dreamweaver
    Denesa - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the guide b:victory
  • Heartcrusher - Lost City
    Heartcrusher - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Good guide but i got money enough don't teleport its also good for training your mount!!!b:victory
  • abcyang
    abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I didnt have time to read every page to here is my 2cents worth.

Mobs you kill drop items based on how close you are to their level. If you do CS, BH, WQ constantly and power level without grinding, you eventually will run out of money and you might be level 75 but the quests you need to finish are way below your level so those mobs dont drop anything, plus you wouldnt have had the money to upgrade skills so you cant easily fight mobs your own level.

Avoid this by grinding and doing quests at your level to make money and buy gear, skills etc. When you think you have everything you want, then power levell if you want.

I dont know if its been mentioned but you can EASILY spend 50million at level 75 on skills, armour weapons. I didnt but then I have much weaker armour and un-upgraded skills then many my level.

Power levelling is FAIL unless to put a fair amount of real money into game.

I have stopped myself going from 79 to 80 about 30 times so far (by levelling genies and getting killed) but now my skills are pretty good and I can easily kill mobs 5+ higher than me, which in turn equals good drops and more money......
  • darkdevilbish
    darkdevilbish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    **** YOU ALL! ,,l,,(-.-),,l,, PWI SUCKS!! GO TO A PRIVATE FUN SERVER!!
  • Skull_Howl - Lost City
    Skull_Howl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    NICE!! Wish i could get such advice from those that share a server with myself b:quietb:lipcurl
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I feel like we should all read this, infact, make us read it when we sign up for an acount b:victory
    Amazing guide
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • bingelbongel
    bingelbongel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Nice guide and definitely a most for all beginners like myself. b:victory
  • Catrishia - Harshlands
    Catrishia - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can anyone help me ? i don't know how to sell my mats to any of the cat shops
    how can i do that ?
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can anyone help me ? i don't know how to sell my mats to any of the cat shops
    how can i do that ?

You want to see them TO a cat shop? First the cat shop needs to have the mat you want to sell in it's "buying" list. Then you drag and drop. You can't sell a mat to a cat shop if the cat shop isn't specifically buying it.
  • Catrishia - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You want to see them TO a cat shop? First the cat shop needs to have the mat you want to sell in it's "buying" list. Then you drag and drop. You can't sell a mat to a cat shop if the cat shop isn't specifically buying it.

ye i understand that but when i try to drag and drop my items in the items offered list it wont get dragged lol its really weird idk if i'm doing something wrong

but thanks for the reply anyway
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Try double clicking or right clicking or... something. It should be mind-numbingly straightforward.
  • Catrishia - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Try double clicking or right clicking or... something. It should be mind-numbingly straightforward.

tried all of that and thats why its driving me insane because i can buy from the cat shops with no problems but no selling b:shocked
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

if, say, there is a catshop buying silk, and you have some you want to sell, you drag and drop the silk from your inventory onto the picture of silk under the "buying" section of the catshop. Not into the offers section
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catrishia - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if, say, there is a catshop buying silk, and you have some you want to sell, you drag and drop the silk from your inventory onto the picture of silk under the "buying" section of the catshop. Not into the offers section
    \

Thanks alot ,that worked
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    \

Thanks alot ,that worked

!?

Where were you dragging it to? Your hot keys??
  • Catrishia - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    !?

Where were you dragging it to? Your hot keys??

no lol i was dragging it to the empty slots in the items offered list b:embarrass
  • Littlecitty - Sanctuary
    Littlecitty - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have one question: can I make my own "cat shop"? and then yes - how? :)

yes you can make one and you go to actions then composition shop then u set up what your selling
  • chosenwings
    chosenwings Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey, thanks man, this sure will help! b:thanks
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Another way to save money would be to deposit most of your money in the bank. I always have big holes in my pockets b:surrender so whenever I get up to a certain amount of money (right now it's 100k and has been so since my 40s, but at earlier levels 50k would be a good stopping point) I deposit it in the bank, and I don't withdraw anything unless I truly need it. It helps hold me back, and trust me, it's way too easy to spend the money you carry with you.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormRageGod - Raging Tide
    StormRageGod - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've gotta go shave my toes. Yes that's right oh yeah
  • ShanS - Raging Tide
    ShanS - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:thanks This has been a great help to me.
  • seyfosz
    seyfosz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hi everyone, i have a bm lvl 69 i am playing with that char few monds i cannot lvl fast but how ?? Much people levels in 2 weeks to lvl 60 + please help me b:cry
  • Marijn_veno - Lost City
    Marijn_veno - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Nice guild, this will help me ;) thank you.
  • Chali - Harshlands
    Chali - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I manufacture I think is one way of making money because if you don't manufacture you will have to buy armors that are a bit expensive, and don't have anything special like hp +50 stuff like that. Farming is another way I earn money too.b:victory Hope everybody can get all the money they need =)
  • Carcica - Harshlands
    Carcica - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Very good, i grind for cash for about an hour aday anyway XD