Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• BECKU - Sanctuary
    BECKU - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have the same fu**ing problem Gm pls Unlock my inventory cus in the end i will kill somebody !!!! What is this bug 5 days i wait too for unlocking .................. pls unlock my inventory !!!
    Evry time when i do relog after Login in game i have 2:30 locked inventory.My problem stil problem ....
  • bluzer
    bluzer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok so I screwed up my safety lock waited the 3 days and it still defaults to a 3 hour lock. At this point it should be defaulting to a 1 minute wait! So now I am forced to start the game and wait 3 hours before I can do anything since I can't empty my bag. So your instructions do not work.

As far as leaving a game running and having friends or family compromise your account, I would think twice about having them in my house let alone near my computer if they even attempted to do something of that nature!!
  • storms2010
    storms2010 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    But how to open the safety lock window
    I don't know how
    Pleas tell me .....b:cry
  • Orgin - Heavens Tear
    Orgin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've never used safety lock until a couple day's ago. I was pvping on my low lv 34 and got dark red named. So i lose half my inventory along with some of my gear(vulchers -_-). I put safety lock on to try to be able to level (Takes 30 hours to get un-red named) and safety lock wont change from 1 minute to the new set time : / I agree with Pinkymist every character should have a seperate safety lock.
    The things that you seek will not come.
    The things that you do not seek will come.
    The things you don't expect will come.
    The things you wish to bring joy to the world shalt not happen.

Everything you work hard for ends here.

....SLED....
  • Xltachi_Kunx - Lost City
    Xltachi_Kunx - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've been waiting 72 hours and the lock is not even that does not change and I'm tired of waiting 24 hours to sell the pc turned on help
  • uru1
    uru1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Surtr wrote: »
    We have had some users complain about setting the miss-setting Safety Lock.

If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, here are the steps to change it.
    1. Go to the Safety Lock window
    2. Set the Safety Lock time to 1 minute
    3. Confirm the time change
    4. Wait three days

You do not have to remain logged in during the three day period, nor will logging in/out affect this wait time. However, if you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period WILL restart, so please be patient.

Currently, the default setting for the Safety Lock is one minute. In other words, after logging in, you will have to wait for one minute before you are able to perform any of the actions mentioned below. The issue that many users are experiencing occurs when they change the Safety Lock duration. For instance, if you change the duration to two hours, then every time you log in, on any character, you will need to wait two hours before performing the aforementioned actions. The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed, nor are GMs able to turn it off for you.

zomlwjtntk.jpg

im serious u mighty ask your self y ppl quit ulls game well this is a big reson safty lock should have and option to lett us cancel it ok ...im about to quit seriously
  • uru1
    uru1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes obviously it's 3 Days. I have waited 2 weeks for it to change.. And guess What?? No change. Perfect World... You need better Gm's. This is why WOW is better b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry

im about to quit cus of this sh**
  • Xltachi_Kunx - Lost City
    Xltachi_Kunx - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree I'll go crazy without being able to have gold and have the bag for 24 hours so nobody can play plz help
  • ambitiousorvi
    ambitiousorvi Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How do you even open up the safety lock option menu? I need to change it to one minute.
  • Mortal_Koil - Archosaur
    Mortal_Koil - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im really starting to get annoyed with this stupid lock system. to be honest i would rather get **** and loose all my stuff than wait for 2 years for this stupid locking. the locking has happend to me many a time and i really hate it. i basicly can't play anymore since i can't sell or drop items so i can get better equipment. plz get a On/Off button so that players can turn it on when they are offline and turn it off when they are online. or u can make it so u have to type in a code so u can turn it on and off.
  • skyeye224
    skyeye224 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:cry..safety lock is the stupid ever...i already annoyed and bored on game because no reason for continuing this game..i follow the steps on how to cancel safety lock and it ddnt work...so thus mean,!!!!!!!!i need to wait 7hrs before i can trade and do mh bh"s..and if i got disconnected..it reseted to 7 hrs...so i came for long hrs of waiting and just got dc at start over again..please a GM can help me,,or fix pls...or both of our friend gonna stop playing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Once you set a time, LEAVE IT ALONE FOR 72 hours/3 days. Make it 4 days just to be safe.

After that set time, then the new settings will be implemented.

If you change it again, the time frame starts all over again and you have to wait 3 more days.

Please carefully read the first post, and also read the text in-game for the confirmations that pop up twice before you Confirm the Safety Lock change.

GMs have no way of changing this setting at all. It is a security feature built into the game and can not be altered by anyone except the player.

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • skyeye224
    skyeye224 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    gonna off game for months then,,to make it sure..............!b:surrender
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2011
    @skyeye224

I see that you have been playing today, do you need further support?

We are glad to have you back! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • elina14
    elina14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I put one minute, and waited. It took one hour to safety lock to open. When I logged off and came back to game, the safety lock was closed. Now i put 1 minute and wait 3 days. I hope that work. But what if the safety lock is still on? I won`t set a new time!>:( And don`t tell me how to put the time cause I know how to do it! Just tell me what to do If that doesn't work!

Sorry about my english! :S
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2011
    The lowest that you can set it is 1 minute.

After three days, the new settings will take affect, and you go from there! b:victory
  • elina14
    edited May 2011
    One more thing. When I have waited that three days will it automatically chance the time to one minute and THEN i have to wait one minute and THEN the lock opens? Correct me If I am wrong. And when I start the game do I have to wait one minute every time ( Is the lock always on when I enter the game?) Thank you.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    elina14 wrote: »
    One more thing. When I have waited that three days will it automatically chance the time to one minute and THEN i have to wait one minute and THEN the lock opens? Correct me If I am wrong. And when I start the game do I have to wait one minute every time ( Is the lock always on when I enter the game?) Thank you.

once the three days' wait is over, then whatever you set the safety lock timer to --- one minute, i'm assuming --- will be the new default that the timer will have whenever you log in after that.

yes, you'll always have to wait out the timer after you log in to the game; we all have to do that, even those of us who've never touched the thing in the first place. yes, this is very annoying. one minute is the least amount of time it'll annoy us with, unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • elina14
    edited May 2011
    It worked! Thank you! Thank you Thank you Thank you! <3<3<3
  • Xo_sarah_oX - Heavens Tear
    Xo_sarah_oX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    can u take my safety lock off pls i hate it
  • eith00
    eith00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i follow pass to pass what i have to do about -safety lock-
    nothing happened.
    what disappointement.
    perfect world..not really perfect.
    we need help.
    thank you very much
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    eith00 wrote: »
    i follow pass to pass what i have to do about -safety lock-
    nothing happened.
    what disappointement.
    perfect world..not really perfect.
    we need help.
    thank you very much
    Works perfectly fine for me. How hard it is to type in a few numbers & wait 3 days... If you really think your SL is bugged, try submiting a ticket.
  • eith00
    eith00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    woooooooooooowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
    i unlocked the game!!!
    but now i would ask how often the game is blocked...
    i played for 3 days and...fourth day... -safety lock-
    good...
    so...i typed in a few numbers and wait 3 days..
    nothing happened (what news...)
    what do you think about this situation?
    very disappointement...what game is it????
  • __NEFERTITI_ - Archosaur
    __NEFERTITI_ - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    eith00 wrote: »
    woooooooooooowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
    i unlocked the game!!!
    but now i would ask how often the game is blocked...
    i played for 3 days and...fourth day... -safety lock-
    good...
    so...i typed in a few numbers and wait 3 days..
    nothing happened (what news...)
    what do you think about this situation?
    very disappointement...what game is it????
    sorry,but i lose one's temper
    i played for !!!!15 MIN!!!! after the game asked me to disconnect my server!!!!
    i log in again and ....SAFETY LOCK
    sorry,but i think P.W. makes fun of me and many player
    no,it is not hard to type in a few numbers & wait 3 days... but incomprehensible is this pose
  • Memro - Lost City
    Memro - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    well, I put safety lock to 2 hours but accidentally, so I revert it to 1 minute, but I have to wait 3 days. the Next day I was impatient and revert it to 1 minute again, I wasn't sure if that was gonna reset the 3-day timer, so here's my question, does it reset the 3-day timer? after what I just did. b:shocked
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    well, I put safety lock to 2 hours but accidentally, so I revert it to 1 minute, but I have to wait 3 days. the Next day I was impatient and revert it to 1 minute again, I wasn't sure if that was gonna reset the 3-day timer, so here's my question, does it reset the 3-day timer? after what I just did. b:shocked

Yes, as the warning clearly states, any shortening of the safety lock time will start a brand-new timer countdown.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • MissRaine - Archosaur
    MissRaine - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hey,
    i need some help,
    i turned it on by mistake, i done't want 4 day, b:cry
    i hope you GM maybe could do it for me to disble it? pls
  • williamkiley7
    williamkiley7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Safety lock is a very good concept. I use it when pking so that i do not drop things if i am red. But, i do see some flaws in it. One being the fact that it takes 72 hours to change the time on it. If the time on it were to be reduced to say, 12 hours, or a day, it would be far more useful. The on/off switch would be a great feature too. Possibly in the next update??
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2011
    It is an antihack feature, and no one can change it for you.

Please fully read the description text and double confirmation messages before typing in numbers and confirming it.
  • dragonshead
    dragonshead Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hei i used it and i cannot get it off it is making me soo mad i want to stop using the game forever and go back to WOW because i cannot get rid of this safety lock but who ever knows how to get rid of it tell me
    and i have not waited 3 days yet