Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• VedovaNera - Raging Tide
    VedovaNera - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ty Gattsuru. Finally, you have explained it, the right way b:victory. PWI ftw.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2010
    can you toggle and chose which settings you want to be disabled and ones u dont want be disabled? some way some how?
    No. The only thing that can be customized is how long the safety lock is active when you log into your account.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• cameron1205
    cameron1205 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ok i waited three days know wat
  • KichirouS - Sanctuary
    KichirouS - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Surtr wrote: »
    We have had some users complain about setting the miss-setting Safety Lock.

If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, here are the steps to change it.
    1. Go to the Safety Lock window
    2. Set the Safety Lock time to 1 minute
    3. Confirm the time change
    4. Wait three days

You do not have to remain logged in during the three day period, nor will logging in/out affect this wait time. However, if you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period WILL restart, so please be patient.

Currently, the default setting for the Safety Lock is one minute. In other words, after logging in, you will have to wait for one minute before you are able to perform any of the actions mentioned below. The issue that many users are experiencing occurs when they change the Safety Lock duration. For instance, if you change the duration to two hours, then every time you log in, on any character, you will need to wait two hours before performing the aforementioned actions. The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed, nor are GMs able to turn it off for you.

zomlwjtntk.jpg

I try to change the safety lock timing like it is 5min and it pass 3-4days and wanted to change it back to 1min but it not working, What should i do??? b:shedtear b:shedtear b:shedtear
  • KichirouS - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Neded help PLS!!!!!!!! GM
    It till not changing
  • KichirouS - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Why I Till Can"t Change Drop The Time!!!!!??????????????
  • XXxKaryxXx - Lost City
    XXxKaryxXx - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well i have done that already.. i activate the safety lock by mistake... and then i read here how to correct that huge mistake... then i put one minute and confirm... i have wait 4 days and it continues the same.... what can i do...???b:cryb:sad
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    When you change it 1 again, make sure you don't touch it for the entire 72 hour change duration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • jtaz88
    jtaz88 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ok this has been really annoying for the past few days. I have reset my lock down to a minute but everytime i log into my main character my lock is on for a full hour. its annoying because i'm trying to make transfers from my main to my faction bank and to other players. can some one please help me understand why this is happening? or how i can fix this problem?
  • burnedlama
    burnedlama Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    have to wait 3 days for change to take effect.
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What she/he/it/them said...in addition every time you fiddle withit it ressets the threeday countdown.
    Resset it once with the time you want and Leave It Alone for four days *Incase you forgot when you set it* >.>
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It even clearly says in game if you mess with it again it will reset the 3 day timer...

People, you should read dialogs more often...
  • jtaz88
    edited August 2010
    the ingame promote you speak of never flashed into my screen because i set it for PK reasons.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    jtaz88 wrote: »
    the ingame promote you speak of never flashed into my screen because i set it for PK reasons.

Then you sir, are an idiot

It has this very nifty dialog clicky

If you cant understand it then, all I have to say is b:bye and enjoy being a noob that cant read
  • jtaz88
    edited August 2010
    Then you sir, are an idiot

It has this very nifty dialog clicky

If you cant understand it then, all I have to say is b:bye and enjoy being a noob that cant read

some one is spicy

lol aww so sad you resort to talking smack on a form where i just wish for general knowledge heh thanks you for your input tho i'll keep that in mind
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    Zairi - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Uh wasnt useing safety lock for PK reasons (aka avoid the drop item thing i guess thats wat you want to use it for) a glitch and uuuh couldnt you get banned for it?
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Uh wasnt useing safety lock for PK reasons (aka avoid the drop item thing i guess thats wat you want to use it for) a glitch and uuuh couldnt you get banned for it?

If that's the case, ban everyone on the PK servers now.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    jtaz88 wrote: »
    some one is spicy

lol aww so sad you resort to talking smack on a form where i just wish for general knowledge heh thanks you for your input tho i'll keep that in mind

Nope, just pointing out that you obviously cant read, otherwise you wouldve seen that dialog

b:bye
    If that's the case, ban everyone on the PK servers now.

Thats why they introduced gear shatter a while ago, since before using sl you would still drop stuff, even though I think that sl is ****...
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010

The reason they changed it to no drop is so poor people can pk.
  • GreenBeans - Dreamweaver
    GreenBeans - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I thought thats what it was specifically designed for....not that i've ever done it myself....no never b:avoid
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    lmao im just guessing since a mod answered to a thread a few days ago or so ( remember nor the thread neither the day) that one isnt supposed to do that and its a glitch. And while most User Agreemends read "if you abuse a glitch say bye to your toon" and also people got/get banned useing a varity of other glitches... ^^

Im kind of sceptic that, if its a glitch that this glitch gets handled diffrent then others so i was kind of asking since this would be good to know.b:surrender
  • GreenBeans - Dreamweaver
    GreenBeans - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    if it IS bannable its for one reason and one reason alone, pwi wants RPKers to cash shop 10000$ a month on dolls
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    It isnt bannable because it isnt a glitch, it was MEANT to be that way, it USED to NOT effect PK drops from your char, a while ago it was CHANGED so that instead of DROPS you SHATTERED at a really LOW chance of OCCURING, so PLEASE stop with the "its a glitch b& them plox b/c they are red and didnt drop anything when I killed them
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Hm i almost trolled back but hm on second tought, nah not worth the energy. b:laugh

I just want to know how it is since i readed a mod writing just recently it is glitch and alot, like Deora now, say no its ment to be.
    I dont even PK and most likely i wont ever do it, but knowing how stuff arround it works cant hurt.b:surrender
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Hm i almost trolled back but hm on second tought, nah not worth the energy. b:laugh

I just want to know how it is since i readed a mod writing just recently it is glitch and alot, like Deora now, say no its ment to be.
    I dont even PK and most likely i wont ever do it, but knowing how stuff arround it works cant hurt.b:surrender

Mods =/= GMs

GM =/= Devs

Devs = cake

+1000 internets to everyone that gets the reference
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I work in games industry i know that but one could guess/hope they are all atleast close to up to date, no? :P

On second thought remoove the guess and make it only hope...lol
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I work in games industry i know that but one could guess/hope they are all atleast close to up to date, no? :P

On second thought remoove the guess and make it only hope...lol

Mods here are only people that police the forums, they know nothing, and it is easily arguable how much the GMs even know (anyone remember harpy in fb79?)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I don't think thats a glitch or exploit. When they changed the safety lock so you could pk with it, they also added the posibility of getting gear shattered. Gear can only shatter if you use Safety Lock. They had to put some kind of hardship if you wanted to pk for less money (for less money cause I still use apothecary pills and charm sometimes). When something shatters in the middle of PK, you would need for safety lock to deactivate to be able to repair the item.
    Mods here are only people that police the forums, they know nothing, and it is easily arguable how much the GMs even know (anyone remember harpy in fb79?)

LOL, yes I remember.
  • jtaz88
    edited August 2010
    ok so i posted up here on the 26th of aug. and it is the 29th exactly three days and my trade lock has yet to change. i've tried setting it down to 1 minute then relogging setting it to 1 minute and waiting. but it has been over 5 days now since i switch the safety lock time and it still won't switch back. "Reading" the disclaimer hasn't helped nor can i get ingame assistance i'm confused on how to switch this back or fix the problem
  • codieadams
    codieadams Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hey i put the safety lock on then i read the forums how to get it off and i put in 1 min and waited 3 days and it went to 1 min then when the 1 min was over i went to bo a BH then i died and i lost some of my gear from my bag, what do i do 2 fix that.b:cry