Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    how do you fix that? keep a stock of guardian scrolls on you and don't rely on safety lock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Chronobarok - Raging Tide
    Chronobarok - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I set my safety lock to 2 hours. I want to change it to 1 minute and it wont let me. I let the 2 hours run out and switch to 1 min. I log out and log back in. Then it restarts the 2 hour safety lock. Can anyone help me please.
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The lock itself takes 3 days to reset

1) set your new timer
    2) do not re adjust the time, don't even touch the lock
    3) wait for 3 days for it to change to the new duration

Every time that you re adjust the time within the 3 day period causes the lock change time to reset, set it once, and do not touch it. You're going to have to deal with it for a few days

Edit: In Response to MiniDusk ~ For any time that I have had lock on, I have had no issue regarding being online for the time in which the lock is reset.
    I generally set my lock for 35 minutes,
    re-log to start the effect,
    set it to 1 minute when I re-enter,
    and play as usual for the next few days including turning off my pc when I go to bed

The timer on lock appears from my end to continue counting down even while offline, similar to the system used for hyper stones decreased exp value duration.

When you log off, you're time of logging is saved by the game. Upon re-logging the system checks your previous logout time, and your current login time and counts off the number of hours/min you have been offline to be taken from the lock duration.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Chronobarok - Raging Tide
    Chronobarok - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    right on, thx
  • giga76
    giga76 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hey i have the same problem here but i adjust it to 23 hours, and the game disconnects every 3-4 hours so idk what to do... any help would be great!
    thnx, :)
  • Wthlove - Raging Tide
    Wthlove - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hi i've locked the character accidentally for 23 hours... i did changed it to one minute and i've been waiting to unlock 4 days ago
    any help would be appreciated!
    thnx for reading :)
  • Celete_Pl - Lost City
    Celete_Pl - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hi. I turn on SL 4 weeks ago for 2h.
    I played more than 3 day but its not turn off. Plzz help i try change duration but not work;(
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The lock itself takes 3 days to reset

1) set your new timer
    2) do not readjust the time, don't even touch the lock
    3) wait for 3 days for it to change to the new duration

Every time that you readjust the time within the 3 day period causes the lock change time to reset, set it once, and do not touch it. You're going to have to deal with it for a few days

Ok good explaination, 'cept for one little detail I thought the newbies would ask. When you say wait for 3 days for it to change to the new duration and not to touch it, does this mean leave the game up and running for that long w/o signing out (which some puters just can't handle), or does it mean just don't touch it - period? Not even to look at it. Cause some pos puters (like mine) would have a coronary if left with the game running for that long. b:shocked And other people have bad dc problems too. So just wanted a little clarification for the new people playng the game, esp. the one I had to try and help earlier. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My apologies for the bump and late response, information edited 9/11/2010

See http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5858941&postcount=47
    for an official response.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • arella
    arella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I can understand turning off drop...but why selling to npcs...that seems like a function just to tick of members...I can understand trading too...but why selling or buying from player shops?
  • llilu
    llilu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    arella wrote: »
    I can understand turning off drop...but why selling to npcs...that seems like a function just to tick of members...I can understand trading too...but why selling or buying from player shops?

... "why selling to npc"? well because your whole stuff will be sold(even for fun)and on log in you will be empty, who would like that?...."why selling or buying from player shops"? because the person who got on your accountб can set up a shop and sell all to himself for nothing>< ...I think its obvious
  • _IronBlade_ - Harshlands
    _IronBlade_ - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have sl for like the pass two weeks and the 3 days had passed and I still got the sl b:cry
  • mirthum
    mirthum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Its my secondd day in safety mode, but, its not true the fact of change lock settings, i put it for 6 hrs, but some people said that maybe, i can put 1 min of safety lock, and may can be log-out, but every time i login, 6 hrs are still. So im waiting and im not moving SL setting.
    Ill wait another day, and, if that #($($( safety lock is being active, i ll be bored more and more, maybe i ll never play again.

Safety Lock = NO PROGRESS
  • Thrillseeka - Raging Tide
    Thrillseeka - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    my mistake also i have 5 hour time to my save wil be unlockt :(

3 days already pased and stil the 5 hours remains

even if i turn it back to 1 min b:cry

so if any Gm can help me in my bad situation thx
  • His_Psychic - Dreamweaver
    His_Psychic - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I found the purpose of safety lock b:pleased
    PVP.....i think, though didn't know that until i turned it on. So 3 days of dying here i come
  • lalzz
    lalzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The Safety Lock is there as a means of extra security in case your account information gets compromised, or you are afraid it might until you can login to play again.

It gives you a warning. You have to enter in a time and then confirm it. It gives you two times to cancel it before the Safety Lock is turned on for whatever time you entered.

I do not see this feature going away with this title.

u guys should do it easier to turn it off not wait 3 days .... i recommend u guys to do something like pin code when u logg in or something ... good idea i think atleast better than this. im stuck on 2 hours every time i logg in and its so lame
  • Thrillseeka - Raging Tide
    Thrillseeka - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    more then 1 week past i even let my comp run for 3 days ad PWI but stil that dam 5 hour w8 b:cry

so plz GM tell me what i must do b:thanks

here some pics

here you see slot open i put back to 1 min this was after 5 days
    so i logg off next day i logg back in and wola 5 hour w8 time :(
    20101106150153.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

then i try to stay online for 3 days after that i logg off ore my comp get rely hot
    so after work i logg back in and sad news again that darn 5 hour w8
    see pic

20101109173042.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so if any can help me plz tell me b:surrender

also it wil be beter to put a pin code for safty then this system
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If you change it a second time within the three days, the counter resets. This, you will have the same time as when you set it to change until exactly 3 days after you put the new time in the box.

Hope this helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • AseAmber - Lost City
    AseAmber - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i set my time for the safty lock 9:59 XD im so stupid lol
  • Versora - Dreamweaver
    Versora - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I know. I know. I know. Just like everyone else here I too have a problem with the Safety Lock. It seems it will not turn off and it's been a week since I played the game and now I can't sell or buy items. And do NOT regale me about how to change the stupid Safety Lock. I know how to do that. Seriously people, this feature needs a drastic overhaul.
    Don't make me beat you in the name of Grammar. Seriously...Be afraid...Be VERY afraid...
  • jasile
    jasile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    that sucks cuz i have no money to teleport and i cant sell anything b:cry
  • Kisherer - Sanctuary
    Kisherer - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You sure about that GMs, my mate got **** whilst safety lock was on, he also dropped stuff in pk whilst it was on. FIX IT PERFECT WORLD, and btw you might wanna change the name to BUGGED WORLD!
  • Pinkymist - Archosaur
    Pinkymist - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    it happened to me too b:sad and now i cant play with my new character. im sure the GM's can reset it cant they? plz help!! b:sadb:sad if i cant play i might be kicked out of my faction. and to play with SL is useless.
  • Pinkymist - Archosaur
    Pinkymist - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i think they should maybe put a feature on that you only safety lock one character at a time? SL did help me while i was in pk mode not to drop anything because of my cleric its hard to get tt 70 weapons and armor but my new char is only lvl 3 and its not nice to play when you cant do anything b:begb:beg make it for each character seperate
  • hamncheeze
    hamncheeze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    cookie and creams
  • hamncheeze
    hamncheeze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
  • MilkyBody - Raging Tide
    MilkyBody - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Surtr wrote: »
    We have had some users complain about setting the miss-setting Safety Lock.

If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, here are the steps to change it.
    1. Go to the Safety Lock window
    2. Set the Safety Lock time to 1 minute
    3. Confirm the time change
    4. Wait three days

You do not have to remain logged in during the three day period, nor will logging in/out affect this wait time. However, if you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period WILL restart, so please be patient.

Currently, the default setting for the Safety Lock is one minute. In other words, after logging in, you will have to wait for one minute before you are able to perform any of the actions mentioned below. The issue that many users are experiencing occurs when they change the Safety Lock duration. For instance, if you change the duration to two hours, then every time you log in, on any character, you will need to wait two hours before performing the aforementioned actions. The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed, nor are GMs able to turn it off for you.

zomlwjtntk.jpg
    This is a feature that is used to help protect your account, because if people access your account, they could mess up your items, sell them, maybe buy stuff with your in-game money, or charge your account for ZEN, and a whole bunch of other havoc that can be caused if you left the game up, and you have room mates or family members that might take the opportunity to manipulate your account.

This also helps to keep people out of your account if your account did get into someone else's control, you could guarantee yourself a set time frame to keep your account safe until later.

Don't click on it, don't enter a time. :D
    perfect world should update this lock so if u turn on your lock and go do something w.e after u have confirm the lock and set times it should give u a code a the end to remember to deactivate the lock only for the person that know the code because the person might change their mind and keep playing so plz think about this update cuz smart one here aka me messing around with the lock didnt read and click confirm and keep messing with it and now is lock if anyone agree with me feel free to reply
  • Exkaliber - Heavens Tear
    Exkaliber - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hi all i don't know how i deactivate the safety lock and i can't trade send or drop items and ive did a quest with time and i have to watch how me time passing by that safety lock have to go away please GM do it vanish i beg you
  • Xx_Cassie_xx - Heavens Tear
    Xx_Cassie_xx - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hello...im having a problem with safe lock like i went in pvp mode on my other account to try for my first time..and one of my pvp friends told me about the safe lock ofc i tried it i put for 1 minute i don't know what i was doing and i put the time thing on 5:45 hours...i sat there for 3 days straight on pwi and the safe lock is still with the same time please to god help me getting to the fact im getting mad with this thing...b:cry
    whiteangeluv, With all pleasure of helping others.b:bye
  • _Kish_ - Sanctuary
    _Kish_ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yes obviously it's 3 Days. I have waited 2 weeks for it to change.. And guess What?? No change. Perfect World... You need better Gm's. This is why WOW is better b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    Thank you to Silvychar for my lovely signature. ^^