Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• Sheyde - Sanctuary
    Sheyde - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    rajgomaru wrote: »
    Jebane żydostwo... po kiego chuja jest tej safety lock ? żeby ludzi w ****ć do chuja ?
    nic nie można robić przez te 3 jebane dni... ja dziękuje za tą gre...
    nawet nie piszcie 'jak ci sie nie podoba to nie graj'
    bo i tak w to g

Speak english please and don't curse, and safety lock is for keeping your account safe if several accidents that may happen, if you don't like it just don't use it set to 1 minute thats what i'm doing and its fine.
  • sridom
    sridom Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Too lazy to read this entire thread so let me say this:

If your safety lock is set for a longer time than 1 minute, the only person you have to complain to is yourself. Read what it is you're changing before changing it. People lack the rudimentary observation skills that would prevent them from having this issue.

Safety lock doesn't prevent you from playing the game, it simply means you have to wait that long to sell/drop stuff - it does NOT prevent you from picking items/quests up, gaining exp, ect. You can survive the minute the safety lock takes to do these things.

Also, safety lock isn't a pointless feature, on top of added account security, keep in mind this scenario:
    You're in PK mode in a high PK area such as SP or West Arch and all of a sudden you bug report with half your health. (when logging into the game, other players will see you before the game actually loads for you) So when you log back in you're unable to see for a moment, and you have no buffs.. when you finally can see, you're laying on the ground dead.

Safety lock prevents you from dropping items immediately when you log in, so your gear is safe. *gasp* what a concept!?

If you don't want safety lock, then leave it set to 1 minute and deal with having to wait 60 seconds to sell your gear. It's not going to kill you.
  • Zenwinger - Dreamweaver
    Zenwinger - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello. My safety Lock seems to be stuck on 6 hour duration. I understand the subject of Safety Lock has been hashed out in another long thread and I read several pages of that thread and fully understand the concepts good and bad of the Safety Lock. What my situation now is that when I go in set the duration to 0 hours 1 minute, click Done, Clicked confirm/yes on the warning screen, then after the window comes up telling me safety lock duration is set to 1 minute I clicked confirm on that. I then log out of the game completely and re-log and check the current settings only to find that even though I confirmed the setting of 0 hours and 1 minute the 6 hour current setting was still in tact.

This is not a matter of ignorance. I fully understand the use of this function as a means of protecting my account and protecting my characters when and if I was ever to be a PVP. What I believe here is that I have a problem with the Safety Lock functioning properly. How can something like this be fixed and ultimately resolved?
  • Zenwinger - Dreamweaver
    Zenwinger - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bump....Bump
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you has to wait 3 days after setting it to 1 minute....
    b:sweat
    (make sure you don't change the setting at all during the 3 day wait period)
    and the wait period passes even while offline.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • justinreeringh
    justinreeringh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    //EDIT//

fixed
  • venegax
    venegax Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    soy el unico que habla espa
  • Lord_Trixon - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Trixon - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hi i ahve made mistake, i changed time for saftey lock and now my Veno is locked, when i try sell, Remove, or cahge gear, Wep armor, it's asking me some password, adn that password is same like bank stash, so problem is that i don't rember my password cuz i stoped play some time, now i needed make new char psy lv 61, but i like veno mostly and i cna't play normal cuz of that lock, pls some one HELP ME how to reset that password or WHAT to do, ik i need w8 3 day in game, but passed over one week
    Storm, Earth and Fire Hear my Call b:shocked

Faction: Wolf_Clan
    b:sin
  • WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear
    WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    jasaya wrote: »
    There is no real purpose to this feature but utter annoyance. This should be taken out of the game permanently. There are already rules governing the importance of not sharing accounts and hacking (if this is what safety lock is suppossed to be used for).

Whose brilliant idea was it to put this in anyway?:mad:

Ahh, that is were you are wrong. Safety lock is very usefull to some people like me, it saves me from having to get GA's for pvp (Thanks PWE :D, *hugs*) and as darthpanda said it can save your account.

I'm not saying safety lock is only usefull to pkers, I mean what kind of hacker wants to wait 1 hour to get into someones account?

Any why would you change the time anway? It's not their fault you changed it, you didn't read what safety lock did.

So safety lock is usefull :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<-- made by me o.o
    I know its very simple and plain, but I like it XD.

I'm back! I knew I said i'd never come back but yeah im back now :p.
  • sanatoshi
    sanatoshi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hi people, i got a problem... I was going to trade with my character "Yao" to a friend some money and the saffety lock auto locks on 21 hours and every time i want to change it to 1 minute y cant, the safety lock stills in 1 minute, i dont wont to not log on 3 days cuz my vacations are almost finishing so pliz, un lock my safety lock :(
    and every time he sends me a trade request and i acept, i get a runtime error :(

PLIZZ b:cry how i can fix it?
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well first off...stop changing it...because if I remember correctly, it just resets the timer (3 days I think?) and you'll end up waiting longer.

I don't think there's anything a GM or whoever that can do a thing about it.

So just wait three days 'cause you have no other choice.
  • EowLyN - Heavens Tear
    EowLyN - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sorry, but i speak a little english....
    My safety lock time setting, is "24 hours 59 min" and, i change to, 1 minutos, But, i reloggin the account, the setting, change, to 24:59 ... i cant play, because, i cant drop, pick up, shop, trade, sell items to mmmm "npcs?"... Help me, mmmm, "5 days ago I'm like(traslate google) Help please, sorry for the bad writing
  • greekgodkiller
    greekgodkiller Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Omg necro b:shock
  • BozzakZork - Lost City
    BozzakZork - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    K well I did what you told me to and I did it before I left on my week vacation to Disneyland and I came back and it still says 7 hrs!! I need HELP!!
  • darkieeee
    darkieeee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I understand the original idea of it, and what the GM is trying to say is.. Say you were going out for a few hours, you could easily leave the game running, And if you set the timer to 2 hours - It means whilst you are out - no one can tamper with your account

However - I dislike the fact it activates on start up for 60 seconds... Which is annoying If I just want to log in to check my mail..

And my friend Aeon_Athenta DIDN'T enter a time - Yet she has a safety lock activated limiting her to what she can do..

So the suggestion of an "On Off" button should be considered.. OR instead of a timer.. Have a second password installed - so If you DO activate it - You set the password there and then.. And you can easily then disable it WHEN YOU LIKE using that password
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Um, I like safety lock.. but why make us wait 3 days before it resets back to 1 minute?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lape_LT - Harshlands
    Lape_LT - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Surtr wrote: »
    We have had some users complain about setting the miss-setting Safety Lock.

If you have accidentally set the Safety Lock for too long, here are the steps to change it.
    1. Go to the Safety Lock window
    2. Set the Safety Lock time to 1 minute
    3. Confirm the time change
    4. Wait three days

You do not have to remain logged in during the three day period, nor will logging in/out affect this wait time. However, if you try to change your Safety Lock settings again during this time, the seventy-two hour waiting period WILL restart, so please be patient.

Currently, the default setting for the Safety Lock is one minute. In other words, after logging in, you will have to wait for one minute before you are able to perform any of the actions mentioned below. The issue that many users are experiencing occurs when they change the Safety Lock duration. For instance, if you change the duration to two hours, then every time you log in, on any character, you will need to wait two hours before performing the aforementioned actions. The Safety Lock CAN NOT be deactivated before the set time has elapsed, nor are GMs able to turn it off for you.

zomlwjtntk.jpg

HELP ME I CONT WAIT 3 DAYS b:shockedb:shocked
  • delta2020
    delta2020 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The settings I made like changing the safety lock to 1minutes change back to 24 hour every time I log off and the graphic settings too is there any chance I can fix this ? x b:sad
  • Venomity - Heavens Tear
    Venomity - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think safety lock is great. Having a on/off button will rebut the whole point of having one. Even if turning on/off requires a password. Because if the hacker can access your account, he can also access your on/off feature. The safety lock feature is so that no one, you, your friend, or a gm, can mess with your account in the allotted safety lock time that YOU have set. Meaning, even if a GM is a friend with a player, and that player wants an item from your inventory, the GM cannot take the items out while safety lock is in (granting GM has done this in other MMO). So the Safety lock is there to both protect the user, and the GM who is accused of stealing. Since GM can't take anything when Safety lock is on, then there is no valid reason to accuse a GM. This works both ways as it ensures you some safety, and put the GM off the blame list for losing items (not always).
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok that doesn't make sence...

Why we need a safety lock like that when we can have an safety lock with ON/OFF?
    *sigh*
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • Heliah - Raging Tide
    Heliah - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes, You guys get to see another annoying post about the safety lock..
    You see, I followed all of the directions(Change it to 1 minute and wait 72 hours), But it still seems that I am locked out.

I think there should be either less time on lock(Less than 72 hours) Or as other people have suggested; an on and off button.

So if there are any other ways to turn this thing of, please let me know.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The reason they don't make it an on/off switch is to prevent the exploitation of that in PvP. If you could turn it on and off whenever you wanted to, you could effectively PvP on the spur of the moment with no fear of dropping anything. With the timer, you have to be aware when you are PvPing to flip it back on, and don't have the ability then to load up on pots/apoth items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • thelordblade
    thelordblade Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm having problems with safety lock ......can't get it to 1 min ....it's only set to 2 hours and i tryied to make it to 1 min but i can't prob it's a bug ...any1 can help me with it ....it really sucks having to w8 2 hours really ....thanks.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Please Read This: How do I change my Safety Lock Settings?

PS - yes, it will take a few days and there is nothing you can do about it...sorry :(

From this thread not too long ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Seriously people? This is the third thread posted today about safety locks. Learn how to use the search function please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Man, i love how people complain about Safety Lock (not to say I don't hate it at certain times myself, but at least i never came and QQ'd in the forums xD).

If your having trouble with inventory space, just sit around and wait the 72 hrs (considering you don't even need to be logged in for it to count-down). Heck, after the hours are up, just go and buy an Max Inven stone and use it to get 64 slots (me did this and it works massively well!!).
  • liss18
    liss18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I accidently activated Saftey Lock unknowingly and have no idea how I did it. Help!

Q: "Where is the Saftey Lock Window in the first place? I've been searching and researching but still cant find it."

Q: "Does Saftey Lock affect my mail or anything else?" I sent myself some mail with another account, switching back and forth. Eventually, my mail stopped appearing and It hasnt come back. I keep getting a general message saying 'Saftey Lock still active! Action unavailable' when I try to do anything with the post box.

Q: (Off Topic) "Where can I find socket stones and weapons that have sockets?"

- To Kritty Cat: And sorry I dont know anything about PW settings. If you want us to learn about them, then tell us newbies! If you dont help us, the new people wouldnt bother playing PW in the first place and PW would go out of buisness. Why do you think were asking? :p

PS. Yeah, I hate Saftey Lock too. Even if it is good for protecting this and that.. I had to type this question for heavens sake. PW should post a link for Saftey Lock information since everybody desperately needs the info.
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The reason they don't make it an on/off switch is to prevent the exploitation of that in PvP. If you could turn it on and off whenever you wanted to, you could effectively PvP on the spur of the moment with no fear of dropping anything. With the timer, you have to be aware when you are PvPing to flip it back on, and don't have the ability then to load up on pots/apoth items.

*sigh*

Even with that reason.....that doesn't make sense

First server error
    Then safety-lock

I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
    edited April 2010
    Ok, now I know a lot of people have learned how to use safety lock and how useful it can be in PK.

But my question is this:

Have any of you done a reset on the time (say from 5 hrs to 1 min), on let's go with Sunday around 5:00 PM. Now you don't bother with logging on for the next 72 hrs because of personal matters and stuff (timer still counts down whether online or not), and when you get back online on Wednesday around 7:00pm you check you safety lock and you see it's still says the amount you started with (5 hrs).

Has anything like that happened to anybody else who uses Safety Lock for PK?

(I'm currently waiting until Saturday to see if this new reset will work or not. If the Safety Lock isn't reset to 1 min by Saturday at 4:18 (seeing as i did it yesterday at 4:18 (yesterday being Wednesday)) I'll be sending in a ticket to see if anything can possibly be done about it, or if a there is a possible problem within the Safety Lock)
    edited April 2010
    ^ Above post of mine, moved from a thread i created to ask if other's had experienced the same thing.

NOT RELATED TO THIS WARNING THREAD.

Dang mods =.=