Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• Zarelixia - Sanctuary
    Zarelixia - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hello, i know that you set your safety lock to 1min and wait 3 day and then your safety lock should be unlocked. Well i did that and i waited around 2-3weeks and my safety lock is still locked. People said i don't have to be in game for the time to start.

Can anyone help me? Please don't be rude, its pointless in saying stupid stuff like that. All i want is to play this game.

Please help :)
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Unless someone else is logging in on your account and changing the time on the safety Lock, if you set it to 1 minute, and then do not try to change it again for 3 days, make it 4 days, it will turn then be at 1 minute. Very simple and easy to setup.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • SkyBird - Harshlands
    SkyBird - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hi, i did a big mistake , i puted my safety lock for 24 hours...
    65 hours ago i changed it to 1 minute. but each time i log in te safety lock is on 24 hours and not 1 minute, by the way, one of the GM was saying that the safety lock can be deactevated after time will elapse, so it means i need to be on for 24 or 72 hours?b:shockedb:sad
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok, to change safety lock to a new time (for you is 1 min), you need to wait 72 hrs for it to reset to the desired time.

Since your current safety lock is set for 24 hrs, you'd need to play 24 hrs straight to have the safety lock deactivate.

Also, each time you log-out and back in, the safety lock timer will reset from w/e time it was at, back to 24 hrs.

So, i suggest finding something to do for the rest of the 7 hr wait ^.^ (after 7 hrs, log out, and back in, check safety lock and it should be back to 1 min)
  • Zarelixia - Sanctuary
    Zarelixia - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When i make my new account, leveled, questing, ect. Didn't touch my Safety Lock and it locked itself. So i did what the guide said, Set it for 1min, wait 3Days and it should unlock it self. Well my didn't its been locked for about 2-3weeks and i didn't touch it or opened it only logged on for 2-3mins every 2days.

Can anyone help me?
  • slimthug
    slimthug Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i changed my safety lock to 45 minutes waited for 4 days and tried to change back to 1 minute so i did adn waited 3 days and still locked at 45 minutes explain why this is like that if i waited the time out adn all
  • DEVILHIMSELF - Raging Tide
    DEVILHIMSELF - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i seted my lock to 24 hours i waited to change it to 1 minn but aftrer i changed it i loged of to see if it works now its back 24 h OMG its been like this for 4 days im REALY mad i think my game is laggin some sort of
  • KingWarrior - Harshlands
    KingWarrior - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    my safety lock is on and cant sell things or use email can it be shut off i dont want to wait 24 hours to play my game can a GM please get with me in game need help please thank you
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Change it to the time you want safety lock to be on, in this case, the 1 minute it was originally, then don't touch it for 3 days and it will reset. There is nothing else that can be done about your problem.

You can still play the game properly, but you just won't be able to NPC anything or drop anything. In the meantime, I suggest you make an alternative character to play on or bear with it.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
    edited June 2010
    I did set it to the 1 minute but when i log off and come back it goes right back to the 24 hour setting.Why does it do that and i never set the stupid safety lock in the first place.I did make another toon but the safety lock effects all my toons on that server.Why do i have to wait 3 days to play doesnt make sense.
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why do i have to wait 3 days to play doesnt make sense.

Because it's a security measure?
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
    edited June 2010
    Can anyone help I set my safety lock back to the 1 minute mark but when i log off for the night and come back on it goes right back to 24 hours thought it wasnt supposed to do that and when it does the 24 hour clock resets I want to play on that server but having to play on another server instead because it effects all my toons even the new one i made can a GM help me or do they not read these post.Please help the is really making me upset.
    edited June 2010
    As I had stated in my previous response, set the safety lock timer to "1 minute" and...

...DO NOT TOUCH IT...

...for 3 days. When you relog, your safety lock will still say the "24 hours" it had apparently been set to before. If you wait patiently for 3 days WITHOUT touching it, it will reset itself back to "1 minute" after 3 days.

And if you had cared to check, the Tech Support FAQ & Safety Lock Info, which just so happens to be stickied, you would have noticed the answer darthpanda16 responded with: GM response
    I call it how I see it.
  • oz2555
    oz2555 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I did a rather dumb thing and, in my confusion over this feature, set it to 24/59 because I thought it would UNLOCK me. Silly me.

My question now is: If I stay logged in for 25 hours and do not shut my computer off, will this thing let me play?
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2010
    Yes, but only until the next time you log off, at which time the timer will start up again. The only way to set the lock permanently to one minute is to set it and then wait three days (real time, doesn't matter whether or not you're logged in) without touching the safety lock settings again.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Please read first post.

Please read first post. b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Questiss - Raging Tide
    Questiss - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i set my safty lock to high and i know to wait three days but i need a fast way to turn it off will someone please help
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i set my safty lock to high and i know to wait three days but i need a fast way to turn it off will someone please help

The only way is to wait three days without touching it
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010

part of the reason it's called a "safety" lock is that there IS no such fast way to turn it off. if there were, that way would also be a way to get around the safety which the lock imposes (such as it is).

...now, personally, i happen to think the whole idea of the safety lock is a misfeature in the first place. seems to me it mostly protects you against risks you should never be deliberately running anyway. but that's just my opinion, so never mind me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • oz2555
    oz2555 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I just followed the directions to the letter and I'm still locked. This is absurd. To implement a feature that prevents people from basically PLAYING, because without being able to do 90% of the things in the game you're really limiting people... and not have a way for a GM to turn it off?

Count the complaints. 52 pages on the topic. Do you really need more proof that something is seriously wrong with the way this feature is being handled?

Don't give me the line about reading before I clicked it. The phrasing is confusing, I thought I was unlocking myself because I had no idea about the automatic one minute wait. I thought it had locked somehow, and I had to undo it.

There should NOT be a feature in this game such as one this serious that a GM -cannot- fix. It's ludicrous.

So what am I supposed to do now? You tell me, since you seem to have all the answers, for all the good its done people.
  • Wolfir - Dreamweaver
    Wolfir - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    hi b:victory
    I'd like to resolve a doubt. I put the lock for 10 hours after I put on 1 minute. and went back inside and appeared 10 hours. wait 10 hours and 1 minute and again put me still see the 10 hours now reading the previous post I put in 1 minute and left the game now if I wait 3 days and get back into the game will open the lock every minute or I or do I have to wait days?
  • surtr
    edited June 2010
    If you set it to one minute, then DO NOT TOUCH IT for three days, it will be set to unlock after one minute every time. Please note that during those three days it will still say ten hours, because it has not changed to one minute yet.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

edited June 2010
    hi b:victory
    I'd like to resolve a doubt. I put the lock for 10 hours after I put on 1 minute. and went back inside and appeared 10 hours. wait 10 hours and 1 minute and again put me still see the 10 hours now reading the previous post I put in 1 minute and left the game now if I wait 3 days and get back into the game will open the lock every minute or I or do I have to wait days?

You sir... made no sense. I think you're asking about how to reset your safety lock back to 1 minute?

Read darthpanda16's post here about the safety lock reset.

If you did not mean that and just asking if safety lock resets after every 1 minute, this is not true. Your safety lock only is "on" for 1 minute if you set it for 1 minute. If you log into the game, your safety lock will be on for that 1 minute and then disappear until your next relog. As for your 10 hours safety lock "resetting" back to 10 hours, that only occurred because you probably logged off your character and then logged back on. So if you were to keep your character logged on past 10 hours, your safety lock will turn "off' after the 10 hours of being logged on.
    I call it how I see it.
  • Wolfir - Dreamweaver
    Wolfir - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You sir... made no sense. I think you're asking about how to reset your safety lock back to 1 minute?

Read darthpanda16's post here about the safety lock reset.

If you did not mean that and just asking if safety lock resets after every 1 minute, this is not true. Your safety lock only is "on" for 1 minute if you set it for 1 minute. If you log into the game, your safety lock will be on for that 1 minute and then disappear until your next relog. As for your 10 hours safety lock "resetting" back to 10 hours, that only occurred because you probably logged off your character and then logged back on. So if you were to keep your character logged on past 10 hours, your safety lock will turn "off' after the 10 hours of being logged on.

I'm sorry I'm using a translator because I speak Spanish.

I already changed the Safety Lock for 1 minute I'm going to leave for three days without going to my account.
    I have to be connected during the three days?
  • surtr
    edited June 2010
    I have to be connected during the three days?
    No, you do not.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Arya_brisngr - Archosaur
    Arya_brisngr - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have trouble with my safety lock, i don't know how to turn it off
    And now i can't sell or drop any items :s

please help...
  • arrest
    arrest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ok, heres my opinion.
    You know how theres a bank password?
    Well release a safetylock password that HAS to be different from the account password. That way owners of the account can turn it off and on.
  • Ethiopian - Lost City
    Ethiopian - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have trouble with my safety lock, i don't know how to turn it off
    And now i can't sell or drop any items :s

please help...

*Sigh*
    As the GM's stated, multiple times..

1. Click the Safety Lock
    2. Put in the amount of time (default 1min)
    3. Wait 72 Hours for it to switch to that new wait time.
    Note: You DO NOT have to be logged in for those 72 hours.
  • Vaylore - Dreamweaver
    Vaylore - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ummm wasn't exactly sure where to put this..

maybe pvp ponderings...

but i'm intersting in doing pvp.

and i want to do safety lock.

however, i tend to dc alot on certain days posing issues with SL

i noticed when you try to set time on ur SL it says:
    "Warning! you are about to change the Safety Lock settings for your account. Listed funcitons will be disabled for 30 minutes of in-game time after reach log-in. further changes to these settings will require three days to take effect. The Safety Lock cannot be deactivated before this time has passed.
    Are you absolutely sure you want to change your safety lock settings?"

that got me thinking
    can you toggle and chose which settings you want to be disabled and ones u dont want be disabled? some way some how?

"Listed funcitons will be disabled for 30 minutes of in-game time after reach log-in. "
    To me that sounds like there's a possibility of customizing this setting.

"further changes to these settings will require three days to take effect."
    e.o? further changes? aside from the thought of changing the time limit on the SL, would that also refer to customization of the disables?

- a curious cleric
    -Vaylore
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Aight, I'm no GM, but i PK WAY too much and i use SL because I cannot afford scrolls.
    The listed functions are the ones shown on the SL window. they cannot be changed so don't set it for too long. also, as for the furthur changes, it means that changing it back to the 1min length you must wait for it to end, change it, and then wait 3 days without touching it. if you keep messing with it the 3 day timer resets. hope that helps and goodluck in PVP!
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]