Warning Re: Safety Lock Function

Comments

• sunnyg48
    sunnyg48 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    OMG I HAVE THE SAME THING. btw it is safety lock b:angry i hate safety lock now cuz i have a 20HOUR one lol. i totally misunderstood what they were meaning. i thought that the time u added in was the tie off safety lock. now i feel soooooo stupid and im pissed cuz all my bag and bank item slots are full and i need open ones to finish quests!!!!! lol btw the GM wont help so u gonna have to stick it outb:cry
  • Amymarie - Lost City
    Amymarie - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LOL... i think they need to reword the safety lockthing. i got confused and thot that it was on safety lock already and u had to put in a time amount to play wthout it lol. now i have a 20 hour safety lock time and im pissedb:angry. i think that at some points safety lock is ok, but i think it should be somethin the GM are responsible for. like if someone calls in to activate it and so on. idk its all confusing and upsetting. o btw.... what is the point of no selling? cuz im desparate to sell stuff !!!!!!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LOL... i think they need to reword the safety lockthing. i got confused and thot that it was on safety lock already and u had to put in a time amount to play wthout it lol. now i have a 20 hour safety lock time and im pissedb:angry. i think that at some points safety lock is ok, but i think it should be somethin the GM are responsible for. like if someone calls in to activate it and so on. idk its all confusing and upsetting. o btw.... what is the point of no selling? cuz im desparate to sell stuff !!!!!!

set it to 1 minute (or however long you want it to be)
    then wait 3 days.
    *refer to page 1*
    etc etc~
    b:surrender

nothing else you can do.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amymarie - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    whats all this rubbish about having to be logged in for 3 days...
    you can actually play normally and do everything else for 3 days and it will set to whatever you set the timer to. (provided you don't **** with it during the 3 days...)
    ................lol ur sooo wrong. i guess if u didnt kill anything or purchased anything u might be right, BUT if u quest and kill and loot, ull be scrwd. thats whats happening right now wth me i have to much stuff in my bank and inventory i have no room left for anything else so when i c a cool drop item wth a little star on it, i can get. and if i try to turn in a quest that rewards an item, i cant turn it in!!! and im sure most people wth a 15 hour or more rnt planning to just sit and talk thru it.
  • Amymarie - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    lol ive done that, but i sorta wanna play within the next 3 daysb:cry
  • ahastari
    ahastari Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ive been having some troubles with the safety mode, allways that I log on, the timer is on 1:30 hr, I change the time and relog but the time is the same, 1:30, and if the server takes me out, the timer restart the counting.
    I need to do something, but, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
    Please, someone tell me what to do
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It takes 3 days for the timer to reset, so until 72 hours have passed from the reset of your safety lock, you're stuck. Sorry.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I LOVE your signature Taranta! b:thanks

@ahastari, Please see the thread we have here to help you:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=50071
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • ben322
    ben322 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    same all i have done it too b:angry GRR!! i think there should be NO SAFTEY LOCK WHAT SO EVER!!! OK?! >.<
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    Please read the menus before clicking on stuff, entering in a time, confirming it, then reading the warning, then clicking confirm again.

Follow the directions in the first post and all will be well b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • jummy
    jummy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i have a problem about safety lock too but i wait 4days and nothing change what should i do and i try to pm Gm and i never answer in game
  • WinterRaven - Lost City
    WinterRaven - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Seriously, hasn't this horse been beaten enough already b:surrender
  • hawkpw
    hawkpw Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This system is seriously flawed. I went to a vendor to sell some items in my bag as soon as i logged on, only to find out that I was unable to because of the lock. I asked someone what the deal was and he said it had something to do with the safety lock feature. I went into it and noticed it was set to one minute. I assumed that that was the time i was allowed to sell items. So I went ahead and set it to 5 hours. Come to find out, that's the time I have to wait while in game to be able to sell items. Because of this, I am unable to pick up loot, quest items, retrieve mail attachments... All because of this flawed security feature. Seeing how this system effects so many people, they need to have a password over-ride on this without a doubt. Either that, or have GMs able to do it. As it is, the GM was of absolutely no use... told me what I already knew.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hawkpw wrote: »
    This system is seriously flawed. I went to a vendor to sell some items in my bag as soon as i logged on, only to find out that I was unable to because of the lock. I asked someone what the deal was and he said it had something to do with the safety lock feature. I went into it and noticed it was set to one minute. I assumed that that was the time i was allowed to sell items. So I went ahead and set it to 5 hours. Come to find out, that's the time I have to wait while in game to be able to sell items. Because of this, I am unable to pick up loot, quest items, retrieve mail attachments... All because of this flawed security feature. Seeing how this system effects so many people, they need to have a password over-ride on this without a doubt. Either that, or have GMs able to do it. As it is, the GM was of absolutely no use... told me what I already knew.
    Its not flawed you just didn't read the big "SAFETY LOCK DISABLE THE FOLLOWING"
  • hawkpw
    edited December 2009
    I read it and am quite clear on what was to be disabled. But I wasnt clear on what the timer was for - for time enabled or disabled. Judging by how many people have had this issue, I am pretty sure I am not alone on this. The safety lock is not set up in a user friendly way. 3 other people just in my faction had this same exact problem recently and thought the same thing as as i did.
  • tidewarrior
    tidewarrior Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:angry i know i also hate the damn safety lock neva knew this is dum
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Refer to the first post.
    please just set it to 1 minute.
    then wait 3 days.

During the 3 days please do not attempt anything with the lock.
    After 3 days it will set to 1 minute.
    b:thanks

Have a good day.
    yesh?
    d(^.-d)
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • hawkpw
    edited December 2009
    I havent messed with it, other than looking at how much time I have left before Im able to do transactions with vendors and what not. I set it to 1 minute yesterday. I should have only 1 more day of the burdon of this messed up feature.

The thing is, I started playing abotu 2 weeks ago. The safety lock feature is deactivated by default. Once I got to a certain lvl, it became active on it's own for the 1 minute default duration. When I logged on the other day, I happened to be right next to a vendor and try to do a transaction before that minute was up. That's when all this trouble began. They really need to do something about this feature. At least give the user control of the cooloff on the thing. 72 hours default is just wrong. Because of this, I am losing 3 of the 7 days I have w/ my temporary fast flying mount I got in my stash box at lvl 40. Im not even gonna ask the GM if i can get reimbursed on this. Their function here is very limited Doubt highly theyd be able to do anything about it anyway.
  • Rave_Boy - Raging Tide
    Rave_Boy - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    wen i started plaing i accidently enabled item lock, now it take 24 hrs b4 i can sell and resets everytime i log off how do i get rid of this???????b:sad
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Rave_Boy - Raging Tide
    Rave_Boy - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    number 44? number 44 what? hours? minutes? guide tip? please be a little more specific
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The text is a link to the tech support FAQ. Number 44 is the FAQ regarding Safety lock issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Woldy - Sanctuary
    Woldy - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i did mess with it,

i did what you said here:
    ''set it to 1 minute and leave it for what it is for 72 hours''
    guess what?...It workedb:laughb:victory
  • rajgomaru
    rajgomaru Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
  • rosnerdark
    rosnerdark Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    cyndian wrote: »
    I agree with Jasaya. The Safety Lock has done nothing but wasted time and should be removed. If you guys cant remove it, at least put on an ON or OFF Function to it. Make it easier for people to understand. Use BIG/B] words. Its already wasted like a week of playtime for me because Ive been trying to figure it out. Admin's should seriously consider either of my suggestions

Yes indeed, to be able to enable or disable at will would be the perfect solution, is a useful function and it shouldn't be remove, only needs to be improve.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh sweet I understand it now..... I kept hitting "DONE" and it wouldn't turn on the safety lock. I didn't know it "AUTO-ACTIVATES" when you log in. Silly me.
  • edy1806
    edy1806 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello, i ahve done all u writed before and passed more htan 72h, now when i try change my wep or any gear on my veno and Bm it's same asking me Password what now, can u restart this, remove or anything cuz i started with new char cuz of that TY
  • Kaizona - Harshlands
    Kaizona - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ticoia wrote: »
    what the means of this feature????

To me its like messing with pkers.Kill some ppls,get red,turn on sl thinking you can't drop stuff,run around for 3 days pking with shattered gear,and then finding out you can lose stuff after being pkd and dropped stuff.How fun is that? b:chuckle Ppl:If you pk,you can get shattered gear,and several times people HAVE dropped items.it doesn't protect you like a guardian w/e.
    Appliance perfect world.

Death refridgerator vs dark oven.Who will win?
    Death refridgerator takes 902134 damage.
    PWND.
  • dragoneyes666
    dragoneyes666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i am so lost
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2010
    Read the first post, and all will become clear. b:victory