Comments

• Love_bear - Dreamweaver
    Love_bear - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I never touched it why am i subject to this stupidly insane function
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Because you activated it, or your friend did. The default is 1 minute. Please read and follow the directions in the first post.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Flariandria - Sanctuary
    Flariandria - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    okay i really need help =| What happens if you accidentally put it to 24 hours, I know you gms can's touch the lock, but is there some way, besides waiting 3 days, to by pass that?
  • Flariandria - Sanctuary
    Flariandria - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes I did something stupid and well I did try to set the safety lock back to 1 minute and hell kept my computer on all night and yesterday. I got disconnected and well now I'm stuck in 24 hours again. Can anyone please help me, I've tried to stay on for 3 days and well it's not working because I get disconnected.
  • nerdytaco
    nerdytaco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you did not know about safety lock, and do not want to wait the period of time, You could always change the server you are in.
    Ex: If you have the safety lock in Lost City, and you want to be in a PvP server, you can always go to Harshlands, it is a PvP and when you change servers, the safety lock does not follow you between the servers
  • SirEnder - Lost City
    SirEnder - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Im not sure if someone said this before but why not just put a password up to turn the safety lock off?
    Maybe a pin number.
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Im not sure if someone said this before but why not just put a password up to turn the safety lock off?
    Maybe a pin number.

Maybe becouse a keylogger can read a pin or password.

Safety lock is a very good tool if you have spent a lot of time and money on the game.

(I would be very pissed if i lost everything it took 3+ months to make if it was made possable a way to override the safty lock)

I notice a lot of people saying things like "I reset safty lock to 1 min but when i log in it still says xxx time"

I will try and make it clear for you......The new 1 min setting timer is running in the background(72 hours)

When you log in all you will see is the old setting, do not worry about this, the new setting you have asked for is still counting down in the background.

If you DO NOT touch the safty lock for 3 days(72 hours) after putting in your new settings you will then see the new settings replace the old settings.

So thats it, change your safty lock to 1 min then forget about it, dont touch it, just ignore it for 3 days(72 hours)b:victory
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • SokaSua - Lost City
    SokaSua - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the saftey lock feature should still be taken off since who ever is gunna go on our acc's are ******* and its just a game big deal if u loose ur coins
    its only on game so you could make it up in a day.
    and wow they can buy zen from ur acc there misfortune since theyll have to use there paypal,credit card ect so it there loss your gain!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the saftey lock feature should still be taken off since who ever is gunna go on our acc's are ******* and its just a game big deal if u loose ur coins
    its only on game so you could make it up in a day.
    and wow they can buy zen from ur acc there misfortune since theyll have to use there paypal,credit card ect so it there loss your gain!

That....Is.....A....Horrible.....reason.....to get rid of the safety lock.
    Give me your acc info and i'll show you why the safety lock is good.
    b:chuckle

You can lose more then coins. try getting to a higher level first with highly refined and good gear and then give me your account info. Watch in a matter of minutes your HH gear and mount(s) will magically disappear into my bank.
    =O

Also lol at 90% of the posts in this thread.
    Seriously guys learn to wait. -.-'
    You guys screwed up so now have patience and face the consequences. (which isn't that bad actually)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meekapeeka
    meekapeeka Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i did the 3 day stayin logged in and reset my timer after it was all done and wooops wouldnt you know it ,it rest itself to 24 hours ad 59 mins this has happened now 3 times ive done what you have told me and omg wouldnt you know it geee it rest itself to 24 hours and 59 mins what a bunch of horse poo theres a glitch in the safetylock and you guys as GM's cant fix it????? WTF man so many people are stuck with it on forever and i cant even trade gold now i guess i wont be spending my usual 400.00 a month on this game any more if i cant get this safety lock off my account to trade my gold or any other trades for that matter trust me theres a fricken glitch in the safety lock can ya fix it please for the last time??????? and FYI i have sent several tickets on this matter and once again its over looked

Signed happlily: Horse **** Safety lock System
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    meekapeeka wrote: »
    i did the 3 day stayin logged in and reset my timer after it was all done and wooops wouldnt you know it ,it rest itself to 24 hours ad 59 mins this has happened now 3 times ive done what you have told me and omg wouldnt you know it geee it rest itself to 24 hours and 59 mins what a bunch of horse poo theres a glitch in the safetylock and you guys as GM's cant fix it????? WTF man so many people are stuck with it on forever and i cant even trade gold now i guess i wont be spending my usual 400.00 a month on this game any more if i cant get this safety lock off my account to trade my gold or any other trades for that matter trust me theres a fricken glitch in the safety lock can ya fix it please for the last time??????? and FYI i have sent several tickets on this matter and once again its over looked

Errrm, it works fine.b:shutup Make sure you put 1 MINUTE in the right side box then ok it.
    AND I STREESS WAIT 3 DAYS EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE TIME IT WILL STILL SAY 24HOURS FOR 3 DAYS! ITS STILL COUNTING DOWN IF YOU CHANGED IT TO A LOWER SETTING! BE PATIENT.

That is all!

b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • XBellax - Harshlands
    XBellax - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So i st my lock to 3 hours on purpose, and after 3 hours it deactivated naturally. So i relogging thinking it would activate again and it didn't? I mean i came back on and it was still deactivated :S Do i have to wait a certain amount of time before it activates again?
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2009
    The safety lock is account-wide, not character-wide, so if you only logged off one character and logged onto another it will still be turned off. If you log off your account entirely, however, it will be back to 3 hours when you log back on.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

edited October 2009
    meekapeeka wrote: »

I know whats your problem. You forgot to set your brain in the correct on position.
    b:shocked
    It works just fine for me as well.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SokaSua - Lost City
    SokaSua - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    jayas's right no point, for instance i accidently put mine on 10hours 30mins and this is the 3rd day of waiting but its just annoying the next update should b to get rid of safty lockb:victory

whats wrong with this forum i keep poasting threads on 1 page and it apears on the one before -_-

b:surrender i forgot it was same thread so it took it took backb:surrender
  • miggy123
    miggy123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ok when i first seen this i didn't know waht it was all it says was safetylock dissables the following and names everything then frickan says enter the numbers i thought it was somthing like it kicks u off over this amount of minutes so i put 24 hours(i dont play 24hours a day just a number i put in) then once i knew what it was i kept my compt on for 24 hours reset it then i log off and its set back to 24 hours i waited 1 frickan week and it still didn't reset so really put an on and off function cuz this thing is ****
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2009
    You need to set the safety lock for 1 minute, then wait 3 days. Please be aware that during these three days it will still say 24 hours, because that is still the current safety lock setting. If you try to set it to 1 minute again during this 3 day period, the 3 day waiting time will start over.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    If you are unsure about timezone issues, like for your time zone, and our game server times, then make it 4 days just to be on the safe side b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • kfkwilcox
    kfkwilcox Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok, so I wrote a note to the GM's so reset my lock after outright stating i had tried the set it to 1 minute and wait 72 hours. So they send me a letter telling me to do what I've already done, what none of the GMs seem to understand is that it's very hard to keep this server running for 3 days when it shuts down on u for no reason. I'm really angry due to the fact that i spend 300 dollars or more a month on this game, and they send me a msg telling me they cant fix it. Well if they can't fix it maybe I just wont cash shop anymore.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    You do not have to be in-game to wait out the time.

Set the timer to 1 minute. Confirm it and exit the game.

Come back 4 days later (if you absolutely can not help but mess with it, or try to do stuff in-game), and start the game.

If you keep resetting it, to "check" on it, you start the 72 hour period over again.

GMs can not reset it. It is a hard coded security feature for players to protect their items and accounts with.

Please fully read the message and info thoroughly before typing in a time, confirming it, reading the additional confirmation message, and then clicking confirm again.
  • sultan0
    sultan0 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:cryb:sadcan help me with saftey lock there b:sad 24 housr me not can sit in 24 housr ineed change time help me pllz
  • chesticles
    chesticles Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    edited October 2009
    lolcat-245-710-20080228-041656.jpg

your text it hurtz me~
    b:cry
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sultan0
    edited October 2009
    pllz help me this not good me now lose me chr help meb:sad just for time 24hours not can sit all time b:cryb:byeb:sad
  • chesticles
    chesticles Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sultan i already showed you how to fix it.

Login.

Set your safety lock to say 1 min.

Then you cant touch it for 3 days and it will change to 1 min.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • sultan0
    edited October 2009
    me did that not work(chesticles) me now 5 days not did any quest just see ppl why not 1 help me in GM ithink he can change time 24hours59min< how me sit all time online why not there ppl help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:cryb:sad
  • AnnaLaura - Heavens Tear
    AnnaLaura - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I logged onto PW the other day,
    and found my safety lock had been
    changed from 1 minute to 24 hours.
    I however, don't remember making
    the change myself. and i dont share
    my info, too paranoid. it says it takes
    3 days to change back, so i figure, "hey,
    i can wait that long." then i logged in
    the next day, and the setting had been
    changed back to 24 hours. is that normal?
    or is my safety lock on crack? ><;
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    What visually there does not matter.

Follow the directions. Set it to 1 minute. Confirm.

Log out.

Leave the game alone for 4 days, if you can't resist looking at, or even clicking on the Safety Lock.
  • bubblicous44
    bubblicous44 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ok I had my saftey lock on but now I cant get my safety lock off I have tried everything. It always goes back to my original time. How do I get my safety lock off for good??? PLease can someone tell me how to get it off!! Thank You