TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    riddiculus wrote: »
    Complaining wont change anything... as long a you still play n spend $...theres no incentive to resetting it... after all its not them who painted the map red.. its you.. the players..

No it was Nef who painted the map red....those rich high levels...and PWE.......those money hungry suits...

Complaining will help, enough of it will anyway. Complaining about how they made the rich OP and the poor quit is hella lot easier than beating nef imo. But regardless of what we do I doubt they will let nef own the whole map for too long. Its not exactly appealing to the people whom are not in nef and certainly not appealing to new players. If it does not appeal to 99% of their potential customers then it requires change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No it was Nef who painted the map red....those rich high levels...and PWE.......those money hungry suits...

Complaining will help, enough of it will anyway. Complaining about how they made the rich OP and the poor quit is hella lot easier than beating nef imo. But regardless of what we do I doubt they will let nef own the whole map for too long. Its not exactly appealing to the people whom are not in nef and certainly not appealing to new players. If it does not appeal to 99% of their potential customers then it requires change.

I'd rather see some factions working together like they should be... and stop seeing people rely on a map reset lol. Sad but true, there's not much accomplishment in winning a PVE lvl 3 land these days, seeing as you only need level 60s+ to do that.

It's the well structured factions with hard working people and the strong mentalities in the end that will still remain standing even after an economy or morale beating. History will repeat itself, I don't believe much will change. Should there ever be a map reset, it's pretty much false hope and artificial strength for some. It would only be 44 weeks before the same fate grips our server unless some factions, much like the HT server can break the chain, stop the cycle. Just work to beat Nef, like Nef worked to beat the rest of the server. There's no other replacement for beating Nef, not even a map reset.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I'd rather see some factions working together like they should be... and stop seeing people rely on a map reset lol. Sad but true, there's not much accomplishment in winning a PVE lvl 3 land these days, seeing as you only need level 60s+ to do that.

It's the well structured factions with hard working people and the strong mentalities in the end that will still remain standing even after an economy or morale beating. History will repeat itself, I don't believe much will change. Should there ever be a map reset, it's pretty much false hope and artificial strength for some. It would only be 44 weeks before the same fate grips our server unless some factions, much like the HT server can break the chain, stop the cycle. Just work to beat Nef, like Nef worked to beat the rest of the server. There's no other replacement for beating Nef, not even a map reset.

There are only 4 real competitive factions left, I think.Those being Regicide, Legendary, Eneylsion, and RedRaiders. Regicide is as good as they used to be if not better. Legendary is Legendary. RR and Enel just don't cut it. The rest of the factions aren't really worth mentioning. Even if all the factions did work together the only one with a real chance of doing anything is regi. The other factions would just be attacking to help distract nef from regi. Even though that is the servers last hope (save something abnormal happening) most factions will not really go for it because they will think they need to be worrying about their own factions success rather than regis, much like what regi did when it was Leg vs Nef and regi attacked Leg with the thoughts of getting their own land rather than helping out Leg.

If you want to bring everyone together Dan, you have a lot of work ahead. It doesn't seem like you want it so bad that you're willing to try for it but rather you hope everyone just does it (because they should). But you should know by now no one is going to ally with anyone without some type of convincing.

Not hate attended, just passing time

~raymonddoit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I actually don't know how long each battle lasted myself, I fell asleep x_x

I've been consumed with some midterms and faction priorities

I guess ur faction priority was recruiting wizzled to regicide or u fell asleep when your faction officer invited him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • dawhitemage
    dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I guess ur faction priority was recruiting wizzled to regicide or u fell asleep when your faction officer invited him?

O.o

maybe he was eating cookies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009

you know you could let some of the other facs practice on your land so they can get an idea of how TW is and thus have another fac enter tw who knows what they're doi-

o wai- b:laugh
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lilpixiedust - Sanctuary
    Lilpixiedust - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Awwwww, are you still upset over not getting back into Regicide? Sad, isn't it, when a faction would rather take Wizzeled in before they took you back.
  • Samthesmile - Sanctuary
    Samthesmile - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Awwwww, are you still upset over not getting back into Regicide? Sad, isn't it, when a faction would rather take Wizzeled in before they took you back.

She's got a point there Herne b:bye. It hurts does it....
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Side note: it has already been stated that if any faction controls all territories, the map WILL NOT reset. gm's stated that it is up to the rest of the server to prevent it, not them

This is true. Hoping for a reset doesn't make sense at all. Only way to change the map is to take land by land.
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    None of you can say how long he other attack lasted?
  • bloodredmage
    bloodredmage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If you want to bring everyone together Dan, you have a lot of work ahead. It doesn't seem like you want it so bad that you're willing to try for it but rather you hope everyone just does it (because they should). But you should know by now no one is going to ally with anyone without some type of convincing.

This was tried once ... on a smaller scale though , and failed . I believe ppl remember when I left leg when it was winning against nef just because they seemed to not even get 80 ppl to a war , and joined outlaw . Then there was also herne , holy , kagura + others who left nef , roz & julio who left leg (although julio gave up quick , sadly ) and other high lvl friends that we could find ( kudos to KingPinky and his wife JadeyRoared for their support :P ) , all of us having just one goal : to try and make a more colorful map .

It was indeed a major fail . 1 week was spent entirely on leg & nef ppl who wanted to do this to contact , get to know each other and discuss about this plan so no1 can say no planning was done . It wasn't easy to even try to pull it off and it still failed due to arguments between outlaw leader & us . However I'd still like to thank that Holy_Inferno( b:sin )nub and Herne for being the main nef rebels that had the guts to leave their own faction to try & change the map , trying to pull this off was quite challenging & fun . As for me , as much as I liked legendary I wouldn't have stayed in it if it got overpowered like nef is right now and it was my intention of quitting when either nef or leg got the whole map and TWs would be dead .

Your sanctuary map will remain blood red until there are enough ppl that would leave their own factions that they like so much and got a bunch of friends in just to try and pull this off and you need ppl from nef that are willing to do this as well . Actually , with the current situation now ( anni packs + massive nef weekly income ) about half of your main "superfaction " would have to be made out of nefs willing to rebel .

All I can is say ... good luck Dan , lol . You'll really need it .
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Not hate attended, just passing time

~raymonddoit

I think you may be a little disillusioned. We've been trying to convince/guide people for months for mutual benefits to all participants in the long run, in the end the final call is not ours, we're not in charge of the other factions' objectives.

I'm not sure what more we can do. Begging certainly isn't the answer.

But in the end, now that the balances of power have shifted... there is no avoiding Nef, there's no way around them, not even a map reset. We all know this. It's been nearly two months now, the same factions still attacking Leg every week. Everyone's having their own little war right now, avoiding Nef. I don't think stalling will make it any easier.

Where's the challenge? :\ It was fun challenging Leg when they were at full strength, but as it stands now, who's going to stand to challenge Nef when they get twice as strong as they used to be?

I've had good faith in the factions I've spoken with, I can only hope they will do what's best for their own factions in the long run, with conditions worsening each week, the clock is ticking. The choice is yours.

Best regards, and Good Luck.

~Dan
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I think you may be a little disillusioned.

Disillusioned - having lost one's ideals, illusions, or false ideas about someone or something. ( I totally googled it)

hohoho I think you might be right. I've been confused and completely out of it since my faction fell apart and now I just complain about how hopeless it is just because I have no part in it. Anyways I was not aware you were speaking with factions, however it doesn't seem like any of them are very inspired about anything but I suppose they could be waiting for the right time. I sure hope you were talking to enel and RR and not Dreaming and Liquid xD. It would be great if you got them all on your side but only getting the likes of dreaming on your side will only bring you down, if anything.

I suppose I shouldn't pretend to know what goes on behind the curtains since I have no idea what your ideals/plans/schemes are. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves, if anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• toshiya
    toshiya Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    blah blah blah, this is all old and dead news. The fact is, Nef stands on top and its GG at the moment.
  • Ryoujoku - Lost City
    Ryoujoku - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    super duper guys. Welcome to the No Hope Map club
  • Feenom - Harshlands
    Feenom - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so there has been confirmation that there will be no map reset with the expansion?
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so there has been confirmation that there will be no map reset with the expansion?

I personally am not positive but i was told that there was no expansion reset. Either way, stop looking for reset peoples. Do it your own selves
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
    edited November 2009
    1337 post RAWR
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    1337 post RAWR

Hm...double post, giant red text, and you joined regi...you're as annoying as ever.

There will be no reset with the expansion. However in this thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=507932 spoons answers the question by saying:
    The expansion will bring new lands to conquer, but no territory reset is currently planned.

He said "currently" so he is implying that it is not totally out of the question for a reset sometime in the future. So they are watching how things are panning out and it is possible they might do something to prevent more people from leaving due to server domination, at least, that is how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Oh come on, the TW system is inherently flawed to never be balanced, so please stop crying.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited November 2009
    Hm...double post, giant red text, and you joined regi...you're as annoying as ever.

lol, stop hurtez my feelingz b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009

There will be no reset with the expansion. However in this thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=507932 spoons answers the question by saying:

He said "currently" so he is implying that it is not totally out of the question for a reset sometime in the future. So they are watching how things are panning out and it is possible they might do something to prevent more people from leaving due to server domination, at least, that is how I see it.
    Same, the rumours that went around definitely did not state reset AT the time of expansion but more next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • HealingCake - Sanctuary
    HealingCake - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1337 post RAWR

I think this is the post with the least bull in the last 10 pages. Grats to you HolyInferno.

Look at it this way, Regicide took Wizzeled so he would stop QQing at you to join your faction. Be happy, Regicide took one for the team.

GJ Regicide, we love you.
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yay, loads of tw's, cya all in the field b:victory
    Sage BM, hated by many,and i hate you all aswell b:cute
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory Yes!!!! Finally this is gonna be the most interesting tw weekend in a long while. Next week i hope Enelysion would be slotted with Leg and Reg then i get to see the 3 vs 1 that i've wanted for so long.
  • Ddsadasda - Lost City
    Ddsadasda - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory Yes!!!! Finally this is gonna be the most interesting tw weekend in a long while. Next week i hope Enelysion would be slotted with Leg and Reg then i get to see the 3 vs 1 that i've wanted for so long.

It better be... before the server end up like Lost City... wow it rhymes.. b:chuckle
    edited November 2009
    outcome might not be that diff. but seems really interesting.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Its confusing why Nef would want to go for walled stronghold and not tradewind.

Tradewind would have separated leg land into 3 discontiguous sections making reclaiming land from third parties impossible.

Where's Eminence? Didn't some Nef join Emi for TW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited November 2009
    Its confusing why Nef would want to go for walled stronghold and not tradewind.

Tradewind would have separated leg land into 3 discontiguous sections making reclaiming land from third parties impossible.

from what i heard partial main nef 'dispersed' into Emi, maybe its in the process of lvling up more from a sister faction to a brother faction? b:chuckle its possible if you have more high lvls from the main branch help out and actually are in their fac chats
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2009

some members did, but not just for the TWs they also have friends in Emi...and well, why we didnt tw this week???.....b:shutup

this weekend is going to be interesting XD
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]