test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Launch Week Issues

Comments

• safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Next bug
    Vicious and brutal ench stats on pet work but dont see it.

I just added two cruel enchantments to offense slots on companion gear, and there was no change in the power or recovery #'s on the companion's stats.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    regenerde said:

using a Retrain Token for campaign boons doesn't unlock all campaign boon pages, only some of the campaign boons can be edited, and this bug happens on different characters.

This was intentional, and included in the patch notes. Undoing all of the boons/feats-paragons/ability points/powers was way too much, so they cheapened the price on the tokens and made them directed at specific spots. It now meant as a solution to a mistake rather than a whole toon redo. That you get from loadouts.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2018

regenerde said:

using a Retrain Token for campaign boons doesn't unlock all campaign boon pages, only some of the campaign boons can be edited, and this bug happens on different characters.

This was intentional, and included in the patch notes. Undoing all of the boons/feats-paragons/ability points/powers was way too much, so they cheapened the price on the tokens and made them directed at specific spots. It now meant as a solution to a mistake rather than a whole toon redo. That you get from loadouts.
    No.
    Press C, Boons tab, button in the lower left corner shows "Retrain ALL boons".

Fun part about this, on some characters it works as advertised and i can retrain all boons, while on others it only unlocks some of the campaign boons pages while the rest stay "locked".

Edit:
    The Taken heroic encounter in Bavoria starts sometimes with enemies/hostages missing. This started after the last patch, or at least i haven't seen it happen before.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Since last week allowed me to play the Werewolf weekly twice in a row, this time
    it sends you to a mostly empty area and asks you to look at the fire for clues.
    There are no clues. Workaround? Delete the quest. It will reset so that you
    can't play again for a week... Which is fair.

OH. Typo with Ezmerelda in "Lost in the Ruins".
    She says: "We muCt find the tomb of Strahd."
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    The blue magic circle around the Barovian 'downtown' campfire rarely shows up.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

No.

Fun part about this, on some characters it works as advertised and i can retrain all boons, while on others it only unlocks some of the campaign boons pages while the rest stay "locked".

Edit:
    The Taken heroic encounter in Bavoria starts sometimes with enemies/hostages missing. This started after the last patch, or at least i haven't seen it happen before.
    I think someone else stated with BOONS it works just fine, the confusing part is dont' select Confirm at least until all BOON changes specified & complete. What's confusing for many I presume, is it leads one to think hitting CONFIRM only applies to the one particular Campaign or feat's that were changed. Now I haven't used a RESPEC yet but it does sound like there are a few things that could be improved upon.
    ---
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

No.

Edit:
    Yea I've commented regarding both the Merchant quests either with Scarecrow's and others with the Rogue Vistani… often you can defeat the 12 of 16 members, yet have to wait up to 2 minutes for the last 4 to spawn. I've also noticed on the RARE occasion they will spawn right away, but that happens if you're lucky only 25% of the time.

So I wouldn't be surprised if some thing is causes them to be greatly delayed or bug sometime.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    When they fix brutal, vicious and cruel enchantments on companions?
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Please fix the Chains in Kabal instance (the RD instance and master Spellplague).

The chains do not 'melt' when held over the fire balls. This is whether the chains come from the walls (RD instance), whether the chain is between two players, or whether the chain is between the player and Kabal (mSP only during the interlude between 2nd and 3rd round).
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Please fix the Chains in Kabal instance (the RD instance and master Spellplague).

The chains do not 'melt' when held over the fire balls. This is whether the chains come from the walls (RD instance), whether the chain is between two players, or whether the chain is between the player and Kabal (mSP only during the interlude between 2nd and 3rd round).

It's awful and makes the fight near-impossible for anyone who can't just burn the boss down.

That said, until a fix is in place, note that briefly going to the character selection screen clears the chains. Not ideal to use a bug to address a bug, but neither is the current situation.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    man next weeks do you fixing brovia chance instance issue ?
    really make me crayz.
  • mordingardmordingard Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Barovian Hunts are not dropping loot from the boss. Have done about 10+ hunts in a row with no drops last two days. Not sure if this is just a really long string of bad luck or if the drop rate has been dorked up.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Barovian Hunts are not dropping loot from the boss. Have done about 10+ hunts in a row with no drops last two days. Not sure if this is just a really long string of bad luck or if the drop rate has been dorked up.

I wonder about that myself, but do you hunt alone? I've had a lot better luck with parties than solo.

• nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    This may have been covered somewhere else, but the Cusca arm pieces caleed "Terrored Grips" are only 510 iL with -2500 recovery. Is that intentional? I'm assuming it's a bug since every other epic piece is at least 520 and I haven't encountered any other gear with negative stats. Also, the visual display of my U. Terror enchant is still disappearing.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
    edited July 2018
    nl54#3191 said:

This may have been covered somewhere else, but the Cusca arm pieces caleed "Terrored Grips" are only 510 iL with -2500 recovery. Is that intentional? I'm assuming it's a bug since every other epic piece is at least 520 and I haven't encountered any other gear with negative stats. Also, the visual display of my U. Terror enchant is still disappearing.

There are a few cursed items in Ravenloft. Reading the text at the bottom of each one gives a background. It's a question of whether you'd take the trade-off of +3% damage to the -2500 rec. (Yeah, 2500 is a bit too harsh). There's another item that has a 20% chance of stunning you for 3 seconds every time you use a daily.

• cronotrumper#1742 cronotrumper Member Posts: 1 New User
    When I try to launch the game I get the error message

''ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
    Line: f:\cjunctions\src\utilities\crypticerror\harvest.c(543)''

Yesterday I've got this error message but when I restarted the computer it was all normal but now I'm getting this error message again, and I dont know what to do, if someone could help, It would be appreciated
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Barovia instances broken again after 7/12 patch. Was working when servers came up but eventually reverted back to showing only a couple zones and not being able to transfer to them.
    edited July 2018
    Forget the name of it, but the quest where you kill Direwolf Alphas... Last run I
    made, some died with the wrong death sounds. One I think was a wraith sound
    and the other sounded chicken-like. Can't recall what that was. I play with my
    sound low, so I'm not sure what the earlier ones died as. Will let you know
    if this is repeatable (or see if others mention it).

UPDATE: Yeah, the Alphas die with an undead scream. Not sure why as they are 'beasts'.
    Post edited by obsiddia on
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    and last boss cr sun swords very slowly using players , technically this weapons does not have to be faster...
  • coolfool808coolfool808 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Three Bugs:
    1. The pedestals at the end of Dread Spire are missing their skins, they are there but all black.
    2. Enemies in instanced mini dungeons no longer follow you like normal, they lose aggro but don't run back, just kind of stand there. This happens in the mini dungeon for arcane reservoir and dread spire
    3. When you are looking at a weapon for transmutes and you select the "Combat pose" everything is fine, but when you preview a different weapon, your character automatically goes back to the "idle pose" instead of staying in "combat pose" which is still selected in the drop down. You have to switch the drop down selection back to idle and then back to combat in order to see the preview in combat pose again. (To be fair this bug has always been there, but annoys me so I figured I would add it in)
  • snuts74snuts74 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 25 Cryptic Developer
    obsiddia said:

Forget the name of it, but the quest where you kill Direwolf Alphas... Last run I
    made, some died with the wrong death sounds. One I think was a wraith sound
    and the other sounded chicken-like. Can't recall what that was. I play with my
    sound low, so I'm not sure what the earlier ones died as. Will let you know
    if this is repeatable (or see if others mention it).

Funny I just noticed this exact thing yesterday. It'll be addressed shortly.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I wish I had a video of this because it was amazing. Last night on my TR, I ran too close to the flying witch near the Cursed Meadows campfire. Thinking she would aggro, I decided to attack first and did a stealthed lashing blade. She started to rise up in the air,then sank back down. Her name went yellow as a mob that has leashed. Over and over, continuing to repeat the Yo-Yo action until I left the area.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • drakenstrike21drakenstrike21 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    A few days ago when I was tinkering with the launcher options the client crashed and I got ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
    Line: f:\cjunctions\src\utilities\crypticerror\harvest.c(543). I didn't think much of it before because when I restarted it worked fine.

Now however, I keep getting it so I can't force verify because it'll crash the launcher. Uninstall and re-installing doesn't work. First time this ever happened :L
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    #3 happened to my party two nights ago. She had a "regular" mob health bar and it seemed as if she was taking reduced damage. Her "boss" health bar never showed up.
    I aim to misbehave
  • cooljinxcooljinx Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Blinsky' doll heads still don't count for the quest if collected while the player is in party, you can collect a stack and never get the head count increased.

As for Merchants HE: Martikov one seems to work fine, the other one still takes a lengthy chunk of time for final 4 scarecrows to come out from the trees.

The Taken HE still seems bugged too, I've seen it appear on the map but there were no mobs spawned (they spawned several minutes later) or after killing 3 mobs the rest takes several minutes to appear (they seem to vanish after the 3 - vampire+2 ghouls, usually- get killed) together with the hostages.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited July 2018

regenerde said:

idk if u noticed they dont full reset them now, they simply show the previous points u had on and u can move mouse over it to change it, same appplies to feats and attributes points.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    obsiddia said:

Yea this I mean sounds like things I've often seen since MOD 14 started with VFX rendering of some enchantments or combat VFX either sometimes not rendering at all or many with sudden .15-.25s pauses. I've sometimes noticed Barkshield or Negation Enchantments sometimes temp pause or only show 1, 2 of the 3 circling shields.

I mean I'm running:
    Intel Core i7 Quad-core i7-950 3.06GHz Processor with 12 GB of Ram - well above min game requirements!
    EVGA NVidia 1050 Ti SC (Supercharged) 4 GB Video Card
    Windows 10 with 64 Bit OS.

Yet often even sometimes my Daily, Encounter, or At-Wils even have a 0.15-0.25s pause and sometimes it can be real bad or frequent then other times doesn't or barely happens at all.

▪ Yet since MOD 14 I've noticed many times in River as well Ritual Sites are often missing?
    ╘ Never used to happen in MOD 13 - why I wondering if their a memory leak or graphic's issue as some suspect?

I've even ensured both Auto-stabilize framerate & Framerate stabilizer recently have been set to ON; though I don't think prior to MOD 13 I ever had a problem with them set to OFF though the Monitor was always set to 60 Hz.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    strathkin said:

obsiddia said:

Yea this I mean sounds like things I've often seen since MOD 14 started with VFX rendering of some enchantments or combat VFX either sometimes not rendering at all or many with sudden .15-.25s pauses. I've sometimes noticed Barkshield or Negation Enchantments sometimes temp pause or only show 1, 2 of the 3 circling shields.

I mean I'm running:
    Intel Core i7 Quad-core i7-950 3.06GHz Processor with 12 GB of Ram - well above min game requirements!
    EVGA NVidia 1050 Ti SC (Supercharged) 4 GB Video Card
    Windows 10 with 64 Bit OS.

Yet often even sometimes my Daily, Encounter, or At-Wils even have a 0.15-0.25s pause and sometimes it can be real bad or frequent then other times doesn't or barely happens at all.

▪ Yet since MOD 14 I've noticed many times in River as well Ritual Sites are often missing?
    ╘ Never used to happen in MOD 13 - why I wondering if their a memory leak or graphic's issue as some suspect?
    sometimes the hg from dc get chopped one some sides or gets under the ground not showing the golden ground it used to show, i only know if it is on the ground if i moved my aim to the sides to see the limit line of its circunference.
This discussion has been closed.