test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Launch Week Issues

Comments

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Omu patrol quest 'Palatial Pillaging' can no longer be completed. The first mob spawns inside terrain and cannot be dislodged. I tried 'defeat me' which usually works, leaving instance and re-entering, dropping quest and reacquiring then re-enter, but none of it worked.
    So one patrol quest less for the weekly maps :(

Edit: Just tried to complete the patrol sans the mob just to see how bad it was and it's worse. Only two circles for the armor caches show up, the location of the final one a mystery but you can find and acquire it successfully. Only one mob spawned properly and was defeatable in a way that logged it as defeated in the quest tracker, the remaining four is either completely awol or only a partial spawn so they can't be defeated.
    My companion seems to have a similar problem as it keeps teleporting to the entrance and spawn inside the terrain.
    This patrol is well and truly borked.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

My game keeps patching even with On-demand option disabled (and with Neverwinter fully updated),

i dont know if the requirements to play Neverwinter was changed but im getting an huge FPS drop aswel.

Same here. In fact I think the two are related. Star Trek Online had the same issue where you couldn't switch patch on demand off. Or you could but it didn't change anything, you still patched on demand. At the same time there was a significant fps drop for the people who had patch on demand off.
    This was what got me to stop playing STO and switch to Neverwinter, but now we have the exact same (two?) issues here. I don't want to stop playing, I enjoy the new mod (mostly) but this is annoying enough that if it persist unfixed as it did in STO I'll have to. Far as I know STO's issue still haven't been fixed, so no games at all for me.
    ragnarz2 said:

I went to barovia. Map had a full list of instances to change to. I sorted the list, I changed maps. Next time I looked. I had just 3 instances. If someone invited me, I could not change instances. I logged . . no effect. i went to PE, logged, played another character. logged, came back, went to barovia, now only 1 instance.

ne advice?

I need to ask a clarifying question. Do you only see one instance on your list, or is it just that all the others are full and can't be switched to?
    If the latter see reply above, wait for the hype to die down a bit. If the former then it's a pretty serious bug and you should make a report in the bug report section.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

- Had a issue when I left HE on 12/16 mobs - left HE circle for about 10 sec - to come back and see :smile: well not only 4 missing mobs but another 8 to acompany them as 1 wave.

I guess thats protecting Markovian merchants, by the river, the same thing happened when I run it.

Throne of Dwarven Gods bugs:
    - if a Hulk targets 1 toon, then switches arrow to 2nd toon, it will likely charge at the 1st toon, so in a different direction than its arrow pointed.
    - if a Hulk targets a companion, it will charge into the companion's owner, no matter where the arrow pointed.

Grass in Barovian meadow on lowest settings keeps inconsistently vanishing and reappearing when you get closer/pass by.

Inconsistent progress bar colors in some skirmishes (Underdark ones) - in Prophecy silver rank progress bar was still colored as for bronze, in Throne with the gate crashing variant the 2nd part progress bars were still red as one of the bars in the 1st part.

Please add sliders to seals of the protector to seals of the brave exchange. You could do it for elemental-> protector exchange, why not now?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    i would like to know why my il dropped from15.1kil to 14.7k il, were did these values drop from, and why not mention on patch notes, also noticed on my nephew game play when he tried to access item inside inventory mouse wont move to the inventory, locked on middle of the screen and doesnt move to the right to access inv, we reseted all option tabs to default and nothing happened. maybe delet setting config file helps?
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

i would like to know why my il dropped from15.1kil to 14.7k il, were did these values drop from, and why not mention on patch notes, also noticed on my nephew game play when he tried to access item inside inventory mouse wont move to the inventory, locked on middle of the screen and doesnt move to the right to access inv, we reseted all option tabs to default and nothing happened. maybe delet setting config file helps?

Guild pvp boon no longuer count in il. If your guild has a lvl 10 pvp boon, it's 500 il removed
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

gripnir78 said:

- Had a issue when I left HE on 12/16 mobs - left HE circle for about 10 sec - to come back and see :smile: well not only 4 missing mobs but another 8 to acompany them as 1 wave.

I guess thats protecting Markovian merchants, by the river, the same thing happened when I run it.

Throne of Dwarven Gods bugs:
    - if a Hulk targets 1 toon, then switches arrow to 2nd toon, it will likely charge at the 1st toon, so in a different direction than its arrow pointed.
    - if a Hulk targets a companion, it will charge into the companion's owner, no matter where the arrow pointed.

Grass in Barovian meadow on lowest settings keeps inconsistently vanishing and reappearing when you get closer/pass by.

Inconsistent progress bar colors in some skirmishes (Underdark ones) - in Prophecy silver rank progress bar was still colored as for bronze, in Throne with the gate crashing variant the 2nd part progress bars were still red as one of the bars in the 1st part.

Please add sliders to seals of the protector to seals of the brave exchange. You could do it for elemental-> protector exchange, why not now?
    mine was crops fields, looks like when i move i am puting fertilizer to make it grow instantly around me when i move on that area, and make me see scarecrows inside of it because theres no crops on the field to hide them(i play low graphics, yes one by one buy exchange is painfull when player has 1200 seals of the protector.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

ragnarz2 said:

I went to barovia. Map had a full list of instances to change to. I sorted the list, I changed maps. Next time I looked. I had just 3 instances. If someone invited me, I could not change instances. I logged . . no effect. i went to PE, logged, played another character. logged, came back, went to barovia, now only 1 instance.

ne advice?

I need to ask a clarifying question. Do you only see one instance on your list, or is it just that all the others are full and can't be switched to?
    If the latter see reply above, wait for the hype to die down a bit. If the former then it's a pretty serious bug and you should make a report in the bug report section.
    Hmmm, I thought I was pretty clear but apparently not. So .....
    1. Full list of instances, well over 100
    2. ONLY 3 entries in the list of EXISTING instances
    3. ONLY 1 entry
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    another chat related issue seems to have popped up for me.

the channel tabs at the top of the chat box have disappeared. it appears that you can still change channel by clicking where they should be, but the tabs are invisible rendering it difficult to judge which tab is being clicked.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @zerappus said:
    > Both of the Legendary T-Rex not included in the Glorious Resurgence Legendary Mount pack.
    >
    > Old Legendary mounts are added every mod and it is the T-Rex's turn this time. But they are not there.

Stag was next in line.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    same here: first only 3 instances and now only 1 in the list

Edit: I needed to relog 3 times then my list was okay again - I need to do that all the time

Annoying: chat window pops active all the time even in a fight
    Post edited by aixis2000 on
    edited June 2018
    Seals trader in Port Nyanzaru has not had her inventory updated. She still only takes Protector's Seals and has the old Seal Vendor's inventory.

@pitshade I was wondering if the reason why you and others constantly go into combat in the new zone is that you aer responding to mobs spawned inside the terrain? I did some stuff in Omu this morning and both on the regular map and in one of the patrol instances some mobs now almost chronically spawn inside the terrain. In some cases you can see a little bit sticking out - having the Thayan Knights' sword tips and helmet spikes poke out of ground and jump around is a sight I'll never forget - other times there's nothing there to be seen, but it's a place that contains a mob and you go into combat as if it was there. So I assume it spawned beneath the terrain surface.

It might be the same thing in Barovia if it only happens outside the city.
  • onin002onin002 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    When I activated Soul Sight Crystal in the rescue the villagers quest (Wherewolf Den? ) screen went black (some things where visable) during the whole time the artifact effect was active

/Onin
  • lollopezlollopez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User

My game keeps patching even with On-demand option disabled (and with Neverwinter fully updated),

i dont know if the requirements to play Neverwinter was changed but im getting an huge FPS drop aswel.

Same here, i keep patching every 5 min causing my game to freeze all the time, no matter if in barovia, enclave or somewhere else. fix it asap pls, it's quite impossible here to play, no problems at all before new mod came up
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I did the Pack of Lies quest with a friend who didn't have the quest. I had the bonus currency from the new pack and she didn't but I didn't want to break up the party so she tagged along. She ended up clicking on the loot pile and so I didn't end up with the Sun Sword. It seems to be a weekly so hopefully this won't mess me up long term.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • neorophneoroph Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    With the patch I suddenly have massive performance issues up to the point that I cannot ride or walk through protector's enclave anymore. System freezes for seconds, then runs normal for a very short period, freezes again. Task manager is normal, not even close to maximum system usage.
    When it happened in the graveyard camp as well I gave up playing.

Edit (10.07.18):
    The lags and freezes show all symptoms of a massive mem leak: In crowded environments like Protector's Enclave it slows down almost immediately until only a complete restart of the game helps. In the city it takes less than a few minutes (sometimes less than one minute) until the game lags badly or freezes for seconds, then displays a few frames normally, freezes again. In other regions the bug/leak shows less effect, I can play for half an hour maybe until it gets bad.

Strangely it helped a bit to start Neverwinter without arc (there's no shortage of physical memory, don't know why this affects the leak). And it helped a bit (slowed down the leaking) to set all distances to minimum. But it's no fun to play it that way, and I have to restart the game after leaving the region anyway.

My system is an older one, but it meets all System requirements by far, I played to Lvl 60 in medium settings without any issues at all. And this problem started as soon as I had installed the first Ravenloft patch (and it still exists).

On-demand patching is disabled by the way (some people mentioned some patching even with this feature turned off - I sometimes notice it for a short moment, but it doesn't seem to be directly related to the massive slowdown). I even redownloaded the 10GB complete patch.

Edit (15.07.18):
    The last patch seemed to help a little, at least in most of the regions. The leak still exists in the Protector's Enclave though.

One curiosity: When the freezes occur, the CPU usage suddenly goes down from usual load of 70-80% to almost zero. This could be a sign of some lock/deadlock situation. Memory usage at these moments is a tiny bit higher than usual.
    The On demand patching messages show always 0 Bytes (it's turned off). So I don't believe, that's the issue.
    I still wonder why you don't use the full range of the RAM but limit it to ~1.2GB.

Edit (16.07.18):
    I have just read that some ppl have heat issues or throttling issues with the game. I have checked core temp now, it reads ~65°C max, usually around 62°, idle temp ~50°, the TDP is 100°C... so no, that's nowhere close to heat throttling. Windows is not set to throttle either.
    GPU Load at 60-70% when freezing starts, temp at 81°C with a max. of 105 allowed, so no heat throttling there either. Running out of ideas here.

Edit (23.07.18)
    Still have those mem leak / freeze issues. Depending on region (I don't think it's the region but the # of avatars somehow) I have to restart game every 10 to 45 minutes, usually around 25-30. That's no fun.
    Post edited by neoroph on
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    As others have said, performance has dropped noticeably. In my case, the game is still mostly playable, but my younger brother barely got through the Barovia intro quest before giving up.
  • Just going to throw my hat in with the "On Demand Patching" situation. I have to have it off because otherwise, trying to download a map on a loading screen often outright crashes my game, so I am completely unable to play NW anymore until this issue gets resolved. Hopefully we can get word in this one soon!
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Getting disconnected, crashing or getting server not responding which end in a disconnect, while hunting, makes us waste the hunt. Players are placed outside of hunting instance when they log back in and all progress is lost for them.
    Even tho party members stay inside the player which logs back in cannot return to hunting instance. It would be nice if there was a 5 min time window which player has to return to hunting instance before being placed outside of it.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

ne advice?

Same issue here, you get a subset of the total number of available instances. It appears if you get an invite from someone who isnt in one of those instances, it considers that to be a different zone, and will not let you switch. I honestly dont see how anyone is going to complete the BHE, since it isnt possible to get enough people together.

• poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    My toon was getting invited for BHE in Barovia but couldn't switch maps, getting red error message that I must be in the same instance as the party leader whom I was trying to join - I was not. Either the target map was full and the error message was of the wrong type or it was because I only had 2 maps showing under Change Instance (out of some 150).
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I honestly dont see how anyone is going to complete the BHE, since it isnt possible to get enough people together.

You really don't need that many people for the BHE - 4-5 is enough (assuming good gear and competent players)

Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    "Company of Wolves" is still bugged the same way as it was on Preview - supposed to be a weekly, but you can complete it more often.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    It is possible to use a daily without triggering Survivors Wraps effect.
    Here is video proof: https://streamable.com/mz5bm
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    A friend and I had the direfang hunt quest. We joined some guildies for some T3 hunts. My Direfang hunt completed on the first T3 hunt. My friend's didn't, and more than that, when she tried to do her Direfang hunt on that team, even though we finished it correctly and got loot, her quest failed (or at least did not complete).

Worse, even though she got the quest and poster again, she now can't get into the caravan to set the hunt.
  • alfared#9239 alfared Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    It would seem that the artifact Bruenor's Helm doesn't show in the new patch...i believe the effect is there....but can't see the visuals....most importantly the circle delimiting the effects....was working till Ravenloft....it's 1 of my favorites...i hope you guys can take a look at this soon! : )
  • thetpekthetpek Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The game crashes immediately upon starting up, I get the error handler almost immediately after pressing Play on the launcher.
    Was completely fine before the Ravenloft patch.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Update:

We hope to get a fix out this week for the bonding runestone issue. This issue was escalated when it was originally reported on preview but due to its complexity we were not able to get a fix out prior to the final build that made it live. This is our current main priority but we are following up on other issues reported.

if the module has issues then push the release date by a week or a month for that matter releasing content filled with bugs module after module is really agitating the players and frustrating them if the company cares at all about quality
    please stop being fast about releasing things we don't mind waiting as long as there isn't these kind of problems it really shows how immature and unprofessional people working behind the scenes are so no one wants that.
    this is my honest feedback for this module as i will not report any other bugs i find as it's pointless and i won't be playing this module anymore just waiting for module 15 to drop
This discussion has been closed.