test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: What do you think of the nerf to Dragon's Hoard Enchantments?

Comments

• twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    A much better -although it would probably cause an even bigger riot- would be to make every enchantment, no matter how it was dropped, BoA as well, removing the entire RP market from the game.

It's only a matter of time, this will eventually happen.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    And again people are complaining about everything. Dragon hoards were exploited. Its easy to sit in one spot and use a bot software to kill mobs are they spawn. This change actually discourages grind, and as panderus said: "normal game sessions are not affected". So unless you're farming RP 24/7, you wont notice any difference. I didn't.

No, they were not exploited. They were used as intended, without the ramifications being fully thought out by our game developers. Do not mistake us using a mechanic in a way they do not like as a exploit.

Because it is not.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And again people are complaining about everything. Dragon hoards were exploited. Its easy to sit in one spot and use a bot software to kill mobs are they spawn. This change actually discourages grind, and as panderus said: "normal game sessions are not affected". So unless you're farming RP 24/7, you wont notice any difference. I didn't.

I do notice the difference. Before, after 3-5h of gaming I had like 50-100 refining stones aboard. Now it's down to 10-ish, and that's achieved after 3/4 to an h of gameplay. Also, since mod 6 was intruduced I've found only two or three refinement stones of blue rarity. before that were like 5-10 per gaming day. etc. etc.

Sure, no difference... ...and the earth is a flat disk with the heavenly spheres rotating above it.

And re. exploit: Punish the exploiter, not every player. Find botters, ban them, all my applause. Hurt everyone by breaking something? Let's expand your logic a bit further: This game is abused by goldspammers and botfarmers to make RL $€$ - let's shut it down on every account after 1h...
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Chinese Proverb: "There is no greater calamity than being consumed by greed."
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I beg to differ. I've been farming a few hours a day (if you can call doing dailies farming) and I noticed the change right away. I'm glad this didn't seem to affect everyone, but I certainly wasn't one of the lucky ones. Neither, according to the poll, were about 80% of players who cared to express an opinion.
    edited May 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Three threads on this have been merged to help consolidate the feedback for the developers.

Thank you for that. Sincere thanks also for the implication that they are actually listening.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    3 hours is a normal game session

Who are you to tell me how long normal game session is? Last time I checked I still live in a free country.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    10 items with a 90 minute cooldown goes beyond scaled back to much. It's patently unacceptable. Even doubling that is.
  • shieragoshierago Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is not how you solve bots. This didn't do anything good for anyone, just another thing that will need a fix. They were totally fine how they were before.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    No scaling back should have been done in the first place... this doesn't hurt the botters... only legit players.

Precisely. And you know why this won't hurt the botters?

Because they have alts. Thousands of them, if not hundreds of thousands. They can just switch every hour.

Me? I have on main. So who is really affected by this change?
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there a cap?

or

Can we get 10 items then 90min cooldown, then 10items... for 24 hours

Thanks

Urlord
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    "Listening" does not necessarily translate into "doing"...
    Please see:
    panderus wrote: »
    I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Why the hell are the devs taking time to further nerf the RP enchants when EVERY stone they produce is now bound anyway??? Multitudes of powers, feats, skills, features and enchantments are broken and all they fix is the few super OP skills/features (and even failed at that) and nerf dragon hoards again?! Let me guess, the corporate suits at PWE think the blood rubies should be selling like hotcakes at 3x for 20$.....

These people are wrong, the numbers speak for themselves, NOBODY IS BUYING THESE and no matter what you do to try and force them down our throats, we aren't biting. I don't know if these somehow sell well in the Chinese and Russian servers but they don't here and changes need to stop being made to try and push their purchase in this server. If PWE isn't willing to rethink their frankly outrageous prices, then we aren't willing to rethink paying them, no matter how many natural sources you stamp out or create.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So. considering Dhoard stuff is BOUND. and refining gear BINDS it. how does this fix hurt botters worse than players? the botters cant sell it, or make a profit from it. they can just farm up their own personal gear.

if you want blood rubys too sell. they need to be at least 100k RP each. And even then they are still a ripoff in many ways. 800 zen for 1. = 400k AD. and rubies cant crit.

Lets look at prices for current RP value

50k RP from 1 ruby. 400k ad cost.
    106920 RP from 99 rank 5's, Currently a 58k cost (was 36k before double rp announce), can Crit for higher RP
    106920 RP from 99 minor res stones, currently a 330k cost (was 120k before double RP announce) , can crit for higher RP

As we can see here. unless rubies gave 100k or HIGHER RP. they are just not a good investment. if they were 100k RP. they would at least be on par (kind of) with minor res stones.

EDIT: It's 10 items per 90 mins? WTF. with pearls / peridots. thats 500 RP as a base point. If you're going to scale them THAT far back. they should only drop aqua or above.. and I'm not talking 95% aqua. 4.5% sapphire .5% opal. I'm talking like 60% aqua 30% sapphire 10% opal.

Making it 10 per ENCHANT per 90 minutes would be a "little" better scaling if you HAVE to scale it harshly then with full 5 Dhoard slots you can farm 50 in 1.5 hours, which is still low, but at least thats a bit better. Also REMOVE pearls from the drop table. 10 in 90 minutes removes the point of having more than 1 enchant.

My personal opinion is that if they need to be scaled. it should be each enchant has an independent 5 min ICD, And Pearls are removed from the drop table. that means essentially if you farmed nonstop for an hour you'd have at MAX 60 rewards. after a "normal play session" of around 4.5 hours (Lets use your invoking time here) of NONSTOP farming (who would really do this.) you have 270 bound RP drops. with a min value of 135k RP (all peridot). If they werent bound. I'd understand having a harsher limit. but as it is. its just hurting the playerbase.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That is backpedaling and damage control after letting it slip that they did this and didn't inform the player base of the change.

If a developer is embarrassed to admit to something they have done to the game, it should probably be taken as a clue that particular thing should not have been done. If it's done anyway a meltdown of these proportions is what can be expected, always. That said, I realize this is not all Cryptic's doing. They have one of the most meddling management staff (mostly on the PWE side but also embedded) in the business and every single thing done in this game is run up against a metric on whether it can increase profit margins. That metric is not applied to player experience unfortunately leading to situations like this. So that pointy haired boss that came up with this plan will not be fired or even reprimanded most likely as it will be looked at as a good idea to drive zen based RP sales but simply needs a bit more "tweaking".
    edited May 2015
    zebular wrote: »

Quote Originally Posted by tousseau View Post
    "Listening" does not necessarily translate into "doing"...
    Please see:
    Quote Originally Posted by panderus View Post
    I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.
    [/QUO

Sorry if the above looks screwy. "Scaled back too far" implies that scaling back is still an option. This is a serious mistake - as the great majority of player response shows. There have been many disappointments to players, many further aggravations (binding bags is an obvious example) and far too little positive change. Depriving legitimate players of the only real route to refining their gear is not acceptable in any degree. There must be a hundred ways to detect bots other than amount of time playing. Do they turn in quests? Change instances? Interact with NPCs? Reslot powers? Pick up green items? I am not even an IT amateur but this seems obvious to me. Any solution that punishes legitimate players at all is the wrong approach. Any casual look at the forums shows how dissatisfied the player community is. We want the nerf removed. Half-measures will only increase players' resentment and feeling of being mistreated.
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's really dead simple. Cryptic is here to sell blood rubies. Period. Giving you lots of free rp from an enchant will not sell blood rubies. What is the community failing to understand here?
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, regarding the panderus admission, I expect you'll see less communication from him going forward.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's really dead simple. Cryptic is here to sell blood rubies. Period. Giving you lots of free rp from an enchant will not sell blood rubies. What is the community failing to understand here?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. I've already given up worrying about refining the new elemental weapons; I've already been burned twice with respect to artifact gear and that just isn't ever going to happen again.

Lately I've found myself thinking of the movie Major League -- the parts where the new owner kept taking things away to make the team play worse: the hot water, the jet flights, the physical therapy equipment, everything. Once the team found out what was really going on, they resolved to win the pennant rather than knuckle under. This sort of feels like that; nerf the ways to get RP, nerf existing dragon artifact gear, etc. What's next? I don't know, but it won't result in me purchasing blood rubies. People don't work that way, and last I checked I was a person, too.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Spring collection 2015 : Blue is the new orange (H)
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    :D. That's probably the furthest I'll get with new artifact gear (and other gear) before Fall/Winter collection....then I might try some green varieties to balance the dark nights