test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: What do you think of the nerf to Dragon's Hoard Enchantments?

Comments

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    example. player who play 2 hours a day can get refinements for first hour, but nothing on second hour. this is unaceptable. wake up defenders
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well For me:

It makes no difference to me, I did yesterday some CTA Runs and everytime ,
    I get a 5k or 2,5k Reso RP stuff only with lesser. (I'm Not a hardcore farmer)

The only thing what noticeable is the Prices is raising up,
    of all lower Enchantments and Reso'stones.

The Dev's trying to stop the botting,
    But such Bot-Seller's are making now, more Money-AD than Before. lol

R5 per stack 60 - 100K+ AD
    Peridot per stack is going to 250k+ AD

(I don't know if it was a great idea...)
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    odelle12 wrote: »
    I'm tired of my game time being punished because of bots.

It's like they are trying to kill this game with mod 6 and if there was something else worth playing I would be there instead.

just a little more patience. soon there will be options.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Invocation system wants us to play 4 hours while "normal game session" according to the devs is less then 1 hour.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Binding the drops is enough to kill the botters exploiting sales of RP on the AH. Again: Why limit if its already bound?
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Invocation system wants us to play 4 hours while "normal game session" according to the devs is less then 1 hour.

And for forks sake THIS!!!

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    edited May 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    Well For me:

It makes no difference to me, I did yesterday some CTA Runs and everytime ,
    I get a 5k or 2,5k Reso RP stuff only with lesser. (I'm Not a hardcore farmer)

The only thing what noticeable is the Prices is raising up,
    of all lower Enchantments and Reso'stones.

The Dev's trying to stop the botting,
    But such Bot-Seller's are making now, more Money-AD than Before. lol

R5 per stack 60 - 100K+ AD
    Peridot per stack is going to 250k+ AD

(I don't know if it was a great idea...)

the prices going up is due to the 2x RP. next time do what other people do. buy low and sell high when the 2x is on. gonna make a health profit that way.
  • Options
    odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This will do nothing to stop the botters- who will just make more accounts and more bots to compensate.

This ONLY affects legit players who try to earn RP by actually playing content.

This will ONLY make the gulf between players who use bots and players who do not use bots wider.

It punishes people who don't use bot programs.

:confused:
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Of course. I have a hard time to belive they even did this because of bots. This game has a long history of making changes that are controversial at best, using bots as excuse. But I'm positively surprised they responded to players and who knows, maybe even make this recent nerf bearable.

Btw, did anyone notice we don't have profession event in mod6 anymore?
  • Options
    smikksmikk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think this limit of drop for the dragon hoard enchant don't have to exist ! It is really a big mistake from the devs.
    We are different players and for me it's impossible to balance what time is a game session (1, 2, 3Hours)
    So to scale the number of RP stones is more a problem than a solution. The subject of this vote is to avoid the goldsellers or bot players to make money. But the Rp stones are bound so what is the connection between bot and limit of drop ????
    There will be always bot players in that kind of game, and it's not the legit players who have to pay.

So for me the nerf of this enchant is a non sense. I vote for a come back to the original mod5 enchant.
    In this module they said the refining will be easier beacause of the number of artefacts and the new 140 level. I don't understand where is the easy way to refine all these artefacts when I can't drop more than 10 Rp stones per hours with 7 peridots and 3 white pearl.
    So it is impossible to access legendary items with this limt. 4000 RP per day it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mifiisu wrote: »
    Spring collection 2015 : Blue is the new orange (H)

lol

/10char
  • Options
    translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hrm. It seems that there is a general lack of understanding among the community at large.

The Dragon Hoard enchant was added as an additional enticement to players, prompting purchase of the Dragonborn pack. It was never intended to be a major, long term method of obtaining RP.

Cryptic's preferred method for player RP acquisition is purchase of Blood Ruby packs.
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why don't they just put in a "prove you are human" test when you invoke. Rather than just hitting ctrl-i twice, we could get a popup with 3 buttons - you press the button corresponding to your deity. If the button order is random this should help stop bots some. Not invoking then would turn off any enchants that reward items. Not perfect, but better than punishing the honest players for the actions of the cheaters.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Hrm. It seems that there is a general lack of understanding among the community at large.

The Dragon Hoard enchant was added as an additional enticement to players, prompting purchase of the Dragonborn pack. It was never intended to be a major, long term method of obtaining RP.

Cryptic's preferred method for player RP acquisition is purchase of Blood Ruby packs.

Yes but then you can see why many people are annoyed. What your saying is the only way of gaining rp is to pay lots of money. If the only way to upgrade your gear is to spend money then what's the point in playing...

EDIT:

The dragon hoards don't exctly give crazy amount of rp anywway. I have been farming for hours a day for weeks and only made 24 resonance stones and a few other decent ones that wouldn't even get me an epic so I would say they was just fine before the nerf. Now they are pointless.

Players deserve dragon hoards working like before. To get a good emount of rp you really need to dedicate a lot of time farming, it's not like you get a black opal each kill.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    These days, farming leadership is a more stable way to get RP.
    We can now forget about Dragon's Hoard Enchantments (if you do not decide to forget about the game).
    May be only leave one in the utility slot (for a once a while bonus) and put something else to other utility slots.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015

What gives you that idea? if the only way to obtain Dragon horde enchantments was through purchasing the dragonborn pack then your comment would make sense but since we can craft them using the ToD campaign the idea that they were only ever added to the game to entice players to buy a pack makes no sense .

If they were never meant as a long term way to obtain RP ( once again no idea what makes you come to this concusion ) then they should never have left the option open for people to spend millions of AD upgrading them.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh splendid now I don't have to worry about upgrading my lesser hoards anymore or mailing them to alts. I guess now I'm not too worried about getting mats to upgrade my arti weapons which will be fed at a glacial pace. And weapon enchants yeah I guess I don't have to worry about upgrading since I'm already limited with blue gear. I'll just play less no big deal.

Also I don't think it's wise trying to define a "normal" play time. Who's "normal"? A parent with full-time job? A teen with lots of time to spend? Mine? Yours?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Sure thing...

...that's why ArtiGear belts and cloaks have their meaningful slot immediately, and unlock that utility slot (in which the Dragon's Hoard goes) when they achieve legendary. Also the Earth is a flat disk with the Sun, planets, and stars rotating above it on crystal spheres, and George W. Bush is sexy like hell and has an IQ of 250.

/sarcasm

While the initial idea might have been what you suggest, at latest with the release of Mod 5 it had been accepted and converted by the dev's active decision, as manifested in what I mention above, to what it's now: A basic mechanism to get all that ArtiGear up to beneficial level.

I would suffer and grieve a lot less if, e.g., as a compensatory measure for the DH's loss of function, the slots would be switched over on ArtiBelts and ArtiCloaks. But as it is now, I get an item that gives me worse stats overall, as I lose an offensive or defensive slot. And I don't even get something useful (+Gold/Glory/XP/Movement? OK, Move is not completely devoid of usefulness...). Completely wrecks those gear options, random blues + R8 are often better until the belt gets to epic or better. And with cloaks the tradeoff is even worse.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You're all assuming that Cryptic is ok with you get getting your Arti-gear 'to a meaningful level' for *free*. They are *not*.

If you want meaningful gear, Cryptic wants their cut of your income.

But, they're not complete bloodsuckers about it. They did, after all, give you 20% off Rubies week...

Pony up for those Ruby packs boys.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You're all assuming that Cryptic is ok with you get getting your Arti-gear 'to a meaningful level' for *free*. They are *not*.

If you want meaningful gear, Cryptic wants their cut of your income.

But, they're not complete bloodsuckers about it. They did, after all, give you 20% off Rubies week...

Pony up for those Ruby packs boys.

...market laws say you're wrong. Then they'd lower the price to a point where the turnover (=100% profit for virtual goods) would meet their expectations.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You've seen how things are run here. I'm trying to explain the base motivation behind some of the change. They want your money. I didn't say that they were going about parting you from it in a particularly efficient manner.
  • Options
    ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is not worth it... NOT even 30 second ICD is OK!!! the RP is useless for what is needed
  • Options
    smikksmikk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    when i played more than 1 hours i'm very happy to see that no RP stones dropped in my bag. THis is not written in the informations attached to this item. So for me it's a rip off. Cause everybody wants to knows that enchant will not drop after 1 hour or a number of drop.

When we craft the minor one and refine it the the greater 5 times it's very hard to see all this work for nothing because after 15 stones around or 1 hour it's the same if you have nothing in your utility slot.
    Why this item exist if in this condition why not erase it from the game. this nerf is the way to keep it but not the real item just a reflect far from its origin.

So I need to know if this item will be update with no or a better limit or if I stop to pay my bonus (blood ruby per 2 month) because I see no evolution for my SW. I don't say I won't pay my bill because it's a pay to win game. I want to play at this game without use my CB each day for gear, artefact, refining, horse... I can't afford this i'm not Bill Gates.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    And no way to farm RP.

There is a way, in well of the dragon, at :45 every hour. Get in that area a few minutes before, read zone chat, get into one of the overcrowded instance, kill 5 dragons, leave the place with 8-10k RP on average. That's not much and it's pretty slow to farm any meaningful amount of RP but it's still better than mind numbling mob farming.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    There is a way, in well of the dragon, at :45 every hour. Get in that area a few minutes before, read zone chat, get into one of the overcrowded instance, kill 5 dragons, leave the place with 8-10k RP on average. That's not much and it's pretty slow to farm any meaningful amount of RP but it's still better than mind numbling mob farming.

You know somebody will say "farming dragon in the WoD every hour for many hours a day is not a normal game session"... and on the average you don't get 8-10k RP per run. It is pretty slow to farm any meaning amount of RP is right, but it is about the only way a new player can get something to sell to get AD to get some other meaningful and fun stuff for this game. Otherwise, new players have absolutely nothing to play for.

Anyway, INB4 RP from dragon heralds nerfed to "combat abnormal game sessions". :p
  • Options
    finarfinsfinarfins Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so i dont get it.

10x RP per 90 Min
    or
    after 90 min of farming, u are done for the whole day ?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    who is willing to bet that they will not change the tooltip of them for some time more deceiving players to get them or even upgrade them?
    nice business tactics. congrats to whoever is thinking of those.
    *the forums is the best part of the game atm
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had retired three of my active characters and am keeping just my DC and CW because I cant keep up with the cost of upgrading their enchants and gear.

So 2 characters doing dailies and Heralds, each with their own DH enchants at least got them each RP.
    Now the ICD and limit is per account.

That means that not only is there a cap on the number of drops, the number of usable drop items is divided by 2 ( 5 for each character).

When did PWE decide that players can only have 1 character???
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    vattara wrote: »
    [...]
    When did PWE decide that players can only have 1 character???

They won't - then you'd only buy ZEN to equip that single char, which would be way less than Cryptic and PWE want you to spend...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They won't - then you'd only buy ZEN to equip that single char, which would be way less than Cryptic and PWE want you to spend...

To further quote a, ahem... developer.
    panderus wrote: »
    I like you. You get it.