test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: What do you think of the nerf to Dragon's Hoard Enchantments?

Comments

• Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, I'm not allowed to say I am not interested in buying certain refinement items no matter how much they're pushed onto me, or at least that's how it seems since my post is just mysteriously gone. That's interesting.

I don't think this "anti-botting" measure will affect bots as much as just hurt people who play Neverwinter legitimately. The timer (especially if account-wide) is unreasonably short because 30-50 minutes is nothing if you have more than one toon.

Are we playing this game too much if a normal gameplay session is supposed to be well under 60 minutes? Or how else am I supposed to interpret this change?
  • Options
    satsunohadosatsunohado Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, All I want to say is that people who design/develop this game has no idea why players prefer to pay to those AD selling website rather than pay for them. because you people are too greedy, you only fix/change those bug/exploit/legit farming to try to increase your income of game, but you dont pay much attention to those problem that effect player' s playing. it' s been a month, how' s the game looks like? Still lots of problems, the game is still boring and buggy when max-leveled, and plus it' s heavily Pay to Win or even Pay to Play, because if you dont pay you can't even get something in game, even they dont let players farming at all (like at that DD change).

I dont know how many times people ask me"hey. what are you playing? looks cool." my answer "meh, yea, looks cool huh? if you dont pay it' s un-cool at all." that happens a lot on me, because I dont want some of my friends spend meaningless money on this game, especially this game isnt friendly to new players. I kept push players that are interesting in this game away, let them go playing some other games whatever that' s not Neverwinter OL, that' s kind of shame, don't ya?

Seriously, If you people want to destroy Neverwinter, keep it up this greedy way, because the truth is, players (the players I knew) rather pay for AD selling websites than pay to your Zen market.

I know this post maybe deleted by forum mod, but truth can' t be deleted on real life.
  • Options
    ll33xxull33xxu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    give me my money back !!!

i buy zen, shell and buy 5 x Dragon Hoard Enchantments 12 rank

dont delete my post !!!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    The simple solution is to hire someone who's ONLY purpose is to find and ban bots. Look at the auction house. People with 40x99 stacks. Investigate. Sure they could be legit (I've bought then resold 100's of stacks of many different items). But investigate. If they recently purchases a ton of them from the auction house for the purpose of reselling (Like me) a simple review of their mail history would tell you everything you need to know. If they just suddenly have 5000x99 of whatever, that's suspicious. If it just appeared and wasn't crafted or purchased it was mostly likely botted. Temp ban the account. Ask for an explanation.

PWE doesn't even want to invest in devs and QA to fix content while others make newer things that aren't so buggy, doesn't want to invest in customer support, and cuts corners on everything. How do you think that kind of request is going to be considered?
  • Options
    gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have come to the conclusion that the Gold spammers are Cryptic spawn.... I was in a dungeon all by myself, at the end of the run which took about a half hour when I get a "Tell" from a gold spammer. I was NOT visible to any other player in that dungeon aside from those on my friends list and those in my guild who can readily see I am online. WTF? It's like they are hunting down those who make purchases in order to have a cheaters mark over their heads so they can later ban the account and wait for the next suspect to bite. Pretty shotty way of making money outside the regular mechanisms.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They've been deleting posts and threads about this all day.
    Many of them were as polite and respectful as can possibly be expected in response to something this flagrantly awful.
    I wonder what they think they're accomplishing by trying to silence criticism of what is obviously a terrible idea?
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Devs: We wanted to strike a blow to botters and third party RMTers, so we ****ed everyone over.

Sounds legit.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you feel an explanation is needed, by all means reply. I think the devs and PWE really need to hear from and respond to the community on this.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Well It's clearly unfair to the legit players. I don't care if bots was exploiting them, it is no excuse for the devs to ruin it for us.

Upgrading artifact gear now is so hard....without paying money, but that's how everything in the game ends up anyway....costing lots of money.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    glytchsglytchs Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow. Just wow. I spent 10 million AD upgrading all my Dragon Hoard Enchantments to increase the drop rate. Now the drops stop coming after what seems like less than an hour. So. The further you upgrade them. the more useless they are.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You just punched me right in the face.

*shakes head* Both my kids quit the game. I'm next.

This game can go <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> itself hope all the devs have fun at the unemployment line.... as everyone leaves game EXCEPT the fan boys whom pledge thier life blood to this discrace of a mmo..... I bid you.. fook you
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've given up on refining my elemental artifact weapons; I'm still using my ones from mod 5. If I find an RP item or two in my inventory I'll put them into one of the new weapons, but I'm investing zero effort or AD into them. I've reached my breaking point when it comes to artifact gear.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They've been deleting posts and threads about this all day.
    Many of them were as polite and respectful as can possibly be expected in response to something this flagrantly awful.
    I wonder what they think they're accomplishing by trying to silence criticism of what is obviously a terrible idea?
    Its a simple fix just change it from 1 hour to like 6 hours... there everyonebis happy again. And ps update the tooltips!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Its their botting problem, not ours... why keep punishing legitimate players?

Exactly. It really didn't help either that this was the third nerf to the same enchants and it was never in any patch notes, leaving us for a month thinking that the enchants were just bugged. Not cool.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I've given up on refining my elemental artifact weapons; I'm still using my ones from mod 5. If I find an RP item or two in my inventory I'll put them into one of the new weapons, but I'm investing zero effort or AD into them. I've reached my breaking point when it comes to artifact gear.

Bring on the XP gear! Just like companions, this gear levels up with XP! ;D

The longer you play with your equipment, the better it gets! ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It would be interesting to know what the 'normal daily gameplay' is based on. I understand they don't want to go into specifics (or confirm the playerbase's observations) about the time span and other mechanics, but maybe shed some light on what was behind the reasoning for that 'normal'
    Some kind of statistics Log in stats and gameplay per account? Per char? Because gdmn, all those invoking and leadership alts gone be bringing down hat average 'normal'
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the most fun part about this is that bots will just switch to another of his 9864305 characters after hoards stop working on first, while legit players are ****ed
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    At the very least they need to make the time that the Dragon horde enchantments are active for at least 4 hours since that is how long they decided to force on us in order to get the full invoking rewards but even then the change is not really reasonable since they used bots as the excuse to make rp drops from dragon hordes bound , limiting their effective time per day is just far too heavy handed.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It shouldn't matter if somebody wants to farm 30 minutes or 3+ hours a day, it's still their time and they're choosing to invest it in Neverwinter, which you'd think most companies would see as a positive. I don't understand why we can't do things we want when we want in an mmo, especially when artifacts require an insane amount of refinement points.

I don't think this change will combat the bots at all because they can always log onto another account and most botters are probably running leadership 24/7, too.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow. Just wow. I spent 10 million AD upgrading all my Dragon Hoard Enchantments to increase the drop rate. Now the drops stop coming after what seems like less than an hour. So. The further you upgrade them. the more useless they are.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You just punched me right in the face.

*shakes head* Both my kids quit the game. I'm next.

I did the same thing a few months ago. I decided to get Dragonhaord Enchantments and I bought a ton of Zen, converted it to AD, and crafted four Greater Enchants. My main has been wearing them for months. And I feel like Cryptic just stole $100 from me...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well considering that they used their inability to control bots as the excuse to make dragon horde rp drops bound a while back I don't think it is reasonable to add this on top , who are they to try to dictate how long a game session is.
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well... I kinda doubt this will put a stop to botting - I have hope our primary producers will figure something out. Because, like it or not, that's what the botters are XD.
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thing is nobody wants to buy their ridiculously priced rubys.... and the botters are farming nodes in various mini dungeons. If they banned botters from entering places say more than 3 times in an hour that would be the biggest bot bash ever.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    vaelynx wrote: »
    well... I kinda doubt this will put a stop to botting - I have hope our primary producers will figure something out. Because, like it or not, that's what the botters are XD.

It won't do a thing to stop botting , all the botters will do is log onto a new account and start again when rp drops stop on one character/account , the only ones who suffer due to this idiotic change is the legit players yet again in the same way as we did when the devs used their inability to control bots as the excuse to bind dragon horde drops , it's almost like they are trying every way possible to systematically remove everything from the game that in any way benefits regular legit players.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    im kinda pissed
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vaelynx wrote: »

Absolutely not. Botters will just have to rotate their bots. Regular, honest players suffer.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The gold spamming is increasing in frequency.... and they are taking advantage of the "Tell" function now to target users.

they did it ages ago, set your visibility to friends only in "O"
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    they did it ages ago, set your visibility to friends only in "O"

or hurry and hit max rank one your max rank it lowers the amount the message you by an insane amount i go weeks without a message.