test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: What do you think of the nerf to Dragon's Hoard Enchantments?

Comments

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The sad thing is that I bothered to vote at all, Voted for I hate it, ofc, as I am the f2p player, this most hurts me. Look at that post I just ressed though, that was about an issue as controversial as this one, back when the community was far more active and see how it achieved nothing. When chem raised that issue, alarm bells should have been going off. It is the same poll as this one, just with different terminology and at a different time. I predict this poll doing as much as that one did.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787011-Dear-Cryptic-from-a-serious-player-please-read
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've also given up refining artifact weapon - too costly.

For now, I'm still using my eLOL weapon and off-hand. I've got a Perfect Vorpal slotted, so it still performs fairly well . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Add a choice to your poll and i'll vote,

I don't like it, but I'm not gonna cry about it.
  • Options
    odelle12odelle12 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm tired of my game time being punished because of bots.

It's like they are trying to kill this game with mod 6 and if there was something else worth playing I would be there instead.
  • Options
    ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They are already bound to account. How does this hurt anyone but legitimate players?
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meirami wrote: »
    It shouldn't matter if somebody wants to farm 30 minutes or 3+ hours a day, it's still their time and they're choosing to invest it in Neverwinter, which you'd think most companies would see as a positive. I don't understand why we can't do things we want when we want in an mmo, especially when artifacts require an insane amount of refinement points.
    I don't care about the botters. I care about my gear progression getting crippled.

The hoards turn off after about an hour and I get around 20k rp a day. To make 1 artifact equipment piece orange I need 230 days. Multiply by four and that's 920 days to finish or 2 and a half years. Or I could buy 92 blood rubies I guess for the grand total of 73600 zen.

Those are the options and they are completely absurd. So yeah I'm a little angry.

Quoted for relevance.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't care about the botters. I care about my gear progression getting crippled.

The hoards turn off after about an hour and I get around 20k rp a day. To make 1 artifact equipment piece orange I need 230 days. Multiply by four and that's 920 days to finish or 2 and a half years. Or I could buy 92 blood rubies I guess for the grand total of 73600 zen.

Those are the options and they are completely absurd. So yeah I'm a little angry.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The nerfs are mostly due to PLAYERS botting, not third party AD sellers... Like i've said it before, don't blame the developers, blame the botters.

I'd like to point to one of my former posts (the topic got closed, sadly)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?923691-the-dragon-hoard-enchantmenr-nerf-was-a-low-blow&p=10873631#post10873631

This is the truth.

• Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    Quoted for relevance.

Not to mention that next Mod's changes will result in you getting a reduced % of your original RP put on items instead of 1 for 1 whether you spent money on it or not.

Just like it happened with the switch from mod 5 to 6

In other words it's a lose/lose situation and definitely not worth putting real world money into.
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And again people are complaining about everything. Dragon hoards were exploited. Its easy to sit in one spot and use a bot software to kill mobs are they spawn. This change actually discourages grind, and as panderus said: "normal game sessions are not affected". So unless you're farming RP 24/7, you wont notice any difference. I didn't.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    I'm just saying that the poll options do not reflect everyone's opinion. Even if my choice would get only one vote, mine, it's still valid. I don't like the change but it's not the worst one they ever made and it's not worth crying about. BoA Coalwards and RPs was worst then this one to counter bots and none of them helped.

The ad that some players spent on these enchants is a lot and they don't deserve to have it wasted. Also there is hardly any good ways of farming rp stones. atm It's only dragon runs but most of the time you lag like crazy and get 2-3 runs in and even then mostly get bad rewards.

For me dragon hoard enchants was the only way to upgrade my gear and if they don't get fixed back then I will never be able to progress and that means having to quit.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't like it but it will not kill me or the game

That said.... I think it was a bit better after today's patch
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Will this end seeing this:

spamboy says:GUYS What's the best farming foundry for my hoards?
    spamboy says:GUYS What's the best farming foundry for my hoards?
    [Friend Notify]added @spamboy to your ignore list

People asked to get rid of SPAMBOTS not so much Farmbots... but they don't get anything right it seems.

Farmbots would actually help drive down prices of RP, which could benefit players [which would explain why they went after them & made them Public Enemy #2].
    Spambots on the other hand, are {edit: not} good for anyone and really annoy most players... which is why they don't do anything about them.

Not that Farmbots are good nor right... but making game killing decisions while blaming the Farmbots is not good nor right either.

It would seem there is no stone unturned in regards to doing anything that makes life difficult for the players right now... but would you expect any less in dealing with Public Enemy #1?

Coming Soon:
    Mod 8 Neverwinter: Ghost Town
    Main "Stealth" Feature: all Enchantments become BtC
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To me, this is just one more violation of trust that I had in the development crew of Neverwinter. However, this one has been done with the new leadership in place.

This should be reversed.

The fact that even 5 minutes was spent to do this while the glaring problems that exist with mod 6 are live just goes to show how poor of a team this game has.

Stealth nerf or informed nerf makes no different, you could have posted about this prior to doing it by 2 months and it wouldnt make a lick of difference to me.

Time was spent doing this while there are serious issues in the game. Issues with lag, issues with powers, issues with the core mechanics of the game. Your partial respec system isnt even working and you take the time to nerf the drop rate on dragon horde enchantments?

I find the decisions being made by the development team mind boggling. It appears enough people havent been moved out or the right people have not been moved in to do this community and this game justice.
  • Options
    pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Well stuff we get is bound from dragon hoards ... so it has nothing to do with botting . It was change made directly against community.

RIOT ! D:<
  • Options
    pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    lowendus wrote: »
    Not to mention that next Mod's changes will result in you getting a reduced % of your original RP put on items instead of 1 for 1 whether you spent money on it or not.

Just like it happened with the switch from mod 5 to 6

In other words it's a lose/lose situation and definitely not worth putting real world money into.

This is why they should give us x2 RP events on regular basis so ppl wouldnt feel so ripped off.. Small gesture of good manners D:
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First you lowered the drop rate of Coalescent Wards AND made them Bound to account. Maybe one of these had to be done, but not both...Then you made bags Bound to character so we cant switch them between our toons. Now you nerf the Dragon Hoards (again). That dev dude who said something along the lines of "A normal game session for a day should not be impacted" or something similar was either ignorant or lying because I played normally all day today and my game play was most certainly impacted...I wonder if they're going to put the Xbox people through the same sh*t ringer we've all been through...

A normal game session for a day should not be impacted my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...
  • Options
    smikksmikk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello,

I understand correctly what panderus said.
    Since the begining of the module 6 in each game session i've plaid: after the first hour no more RP dropped. Why ????
    When I was playing at the module 5 in a 3 or 4 hours game session, my drop was regular.

For example I have 5x2% enchantments and i've played tonight my dialies quests, the first hour I've dropped around 10/15 RP stones, the 3 next hours no RP stones at all.

I've tried several times and always the same.
    It's a shame because i'm a casual gamer but when I'm playing it's around 3 hours/game session.
    Today I know that my refining evolution is not possible, because some managers of this game think that is valuable to limit the drop. In oder to avoid the BOT farming ? RP is bound so what is the sense ?

Refining is one of the strongest thing of this game (artefacts, enchantments...) So I think that the mecanic of this dragon hoard enchantment is very important for all players in order to reach one day a legendary status.
    It's a pay to win game but the balance is the key between credit card and farming (farming is in my opinion a basic of MMORPG)

(sorry for my english, i come from the french forum and it's for me a very interesting subject. I post everyday about it on the french Neverwinter forum)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Three threads on this have been merged to help consolidate the feedback for the developers.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Farming mobs en masse for hours just to get the enchantment to proc is not a "normal game session"...

What an absurd post. Since when is farming mobs considered abnormal game-play? That's only true if done by a bot user. A regular player doing it legit is as normal as it gets. This matter is too important to have such terrible posts adding nonsense and confusion to a very serious situation.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It should be noted that the devs are aware of this and will be looking into whether the enchant drop limit was scaled too far:
    panderus wrote: »
    Heh, that legitimately made me laugh so hard I cried a bit.

I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.

Real quick, here are some specfic fixes coming for next week pending testing:

Oathbound Paladin: Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
    Oathbound Paladin: Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
    Oathbound Paladin: Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
    Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.
    Devoted Cleric: Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
    Devoted Cleric: Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
    Devoted Cleric: Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
    Control Wizard: Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
    Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.
    Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com