test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: What do you think of the nerf to Dragon's Hoard Enchantments?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My question is... the cooldown only game time?

I just logged back on for an hour and did not get a single gem

Urlord
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    its nice seeing this topic with 19 pages, devs were talking something about "improving communication" ?

panderus did reply , he replied in some other thread though for some reason , when he realized he had dropped a bollox he said he would look into whether they scaled them back too far or some other nonsense , see - .
    panderus wrote: »
    I will look into the Dragon Hoard Enchantments to see if they were scaled back too far.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To me, it means no need to have anything greater than Lesser Dragon Hoard Enchantment. Higher ranked ones just mean you hit the caps much quicker

Every post in this thread make my Greaters worth less. I paid between 2 and 2.2 million each. They now sell for ~900k. I won't sell them at such a huge loss and I wouldn't recommend going past lessers for anyone.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    Every post in this thread make my Greaters worth less. I paid between 2 and 2.2 million each. They now sell for ~900k. I won't sell them at such a huge loss and I wouldn't recommend going past lessers for anyone.

shame i just upgraded to normals before this went live.
  • Options
    cheyennemountaincheyennemountain Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am deeply disappointed with these changes. I don't feel that my time, effort or money is valued.
    It feels that I am, as a player, considered collateral damage in an effort to combat those that bot.
    If what i hear is correct that a "normal gaming session" is ~1 hr, this is inconsistent with the 4 hour invocation timer that's been implemented. For me, that suggests that botting was not the primary motivation.
    Perhaps that's just my cynicism talking.

If I were to be optimistic and believe that the change was genuinely motivated,
    I'd suggest that a surgeon uses a scalpel to operate rather than a tablespoon
    Morgana CW
  • Options
    gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It may not have been a decision but they certainly made it so tedious that very few are actively playing all their alts. It's become a professions venture on alts to provide a better chance of improving your main. Seems the bot battle is more important than maintaining player base. There are only half a dozen or so guild members still logging in each day and half of those spend all their time in PE. I've lost hope the game can be turned around in a timely enough fashion to avoid such a loss of players. Yes, there are always new players joining but they too will soon discover the same level of frustrations as the rest of us as time goes on for them.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • Options
    cogixcogix Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    The simple solution is to hire someone who's ONLY purpose is to find and ban bots. Look at the auction house. People with 40x99 stacks. Investigate. Sure they could be legit (I've bought then resold 100's of stacks of many different items). But investigate. If they recently purchases a ton of them from the auction house for the purpose of reselling (Like me) a simple review of their mail history would tell you everything you need to know. If they just suddenly have 5000x99 of whatever, that's suspicious. If it just appeared and wasn't crafted or purchased it was mostly likely botted. Temp ban the account. Ask for an explanation.

Totally agree.
    Once I wrote to GM asking if it was normal that in market some people can sell about 10-11 stacks of 99 opals or about 40 stacks of 99 grade 4 enchantments.... maybe they were luckier than me to find all those drops?
    Well... I have 5 x 2% drop rate enchantment, so it is like 10% total... and in 2 months I got 3 opals.... and I play LEGIT some hours per day
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does somebody know how the limit works?

Edit: and i am pissed too. I spend 4,5 Million AD to get 5 dragon hoard enchantments on max (old 3% max each enchantment) to get a decent amount of free account bound RP.

Edit2: What i don't get is why cryptic doesn't changed the way how to aquire Dragon Hoard enchantments. Instead giving us chance for RP for free (20K AD for 1 lesser is simply free) they could has give us overloard dragon hoard enchantments with 2% chance (4% in total) of RP drop that burns out after 1 or 2 hour and sell lesser dragon hoard enchantments over the Zen Store for like 250-500 Zen per enchantment. So they could make a ton of money out of the process while we could still enjoying a decent amount of RP drop while killing monsters + to buy RP from Zen-Store/AH.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hrm. It seems that there is a general lack of understanding among the community at large.

The Dragon Hoard enchant was added as an additional enticement to players, prompting purchase of the Dragonborn pack. It was never intended to be a major, long term method of obtaining RP.

Cryptic's preferred method for player RP acquisition is purchase of Blood Ruby packs.

Marketing meeting:

"That Dragon Hoard Enchantment was a genius item especially since it'll only be available in Dragonborn Pack... once we roll out all that artifact gear, it'll be a must-have item! :cool:"

Guess they screwed pooch then, when someone decided that putting "Make [Lesser, yet upgradable] Dragon Hoard Enchantment" into the ToD campaign as a task was a good idea???
    ...or was it just another "The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" moment?

They knew they were making more Artifact Gear, they knew were raising the Gear Cap Levels, they knew they were going to obsolete the recently released Artifact Gear, they knew people were going to need a ____load of RP moving forward

... reason they made Dragon Hoard enchantments was the intention of being a major source of RP gathering.

They just never seem to see the big picture when it comes to the creativity of the player base to use things... like all those Utility slots filled with Transcendent Dragon Hoard enchantments, farming foundry quests...etc.

This also applies to many other things in the game too.

P.S. The "Dragon Hoard" [30 slot bag] was the item that they banked on to sell the Dragonborn pack... they even had to change it to account-wide... as players complained about the pack not being worth that much without the bag being account-wide BEFORE it was even released.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been playing this game daily for a long, long time. Now 20 of 21 characters are still facing the repetitive quests of the new areas to get the main hand and I can't stand the thought but they're still too squishy for the present state of Tiamat to get around it. I was managing to slog through it anyway in the idea at least all that forced farming was loading my bags with rp. Then they nerfed all my expensive Dragon Hoard enchants.

Today I realized it's been days since I played at all and I'm at peace with it. But I still love the game and keep checking the forums in the chance the reasons I had to play have been restored.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    there is absolutely NO way i would buy this. I put up with a lot of greed in this game and that line keeps moving further and further from where i think it should be, but i think that would absolutely cross it.

If you think about it: What is better?
    Get a chance on a small FREE income and buying for money or ingame money a better/improved mechanic to constantly getting the ressource you need or simply have only 1 way to get on the ressource by putting real money in the game?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    ozgurakbas91ozgurakbas91 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello everyone, is there a change about that limit for dragon hoard enchant. ? I bought yesterday with a big hope but after 1 hour or something like that no drops at all...

After search a little bit, I found the problem that is not me or my character but the devs decision on it... What is that daily limit or how many hours ? Is there a certain time period for that ?

Can you answer those questions if you know what is going on exactly ?
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello everyone, is there a change about that limit for dragon hoard enchant. ? I bought yesterday with a big hope but after 1 hour or something like that no drops at all...

After search a little bit, I found the problem that is not me or my character but the devs decision on it... What is that daily limit or how many hours ? Is there a certain time period for that ?

Can you answer those questions if you know what is going on exactly ?

Their limit is not a daily limit resetting with other dailies or something like that. Its more like mechanics that make them stop dropping if too many dropped, but after some time (count in minutes/1-2 hours) you can get some again - the longer break the more you can get. Consider it like stamina for GWF - when you sprint for a long distance without stop you run out of it completely, but its slowly refreshing. If you try to run as much as possible you wont achieve more than 1-2 quick steps once in a while, but if you let it rest for some time you can then sprint again. Sad part is there is absolutely no reason to go for anything greater than lesser enchentments, at the beginning you will sprint much faster, but you will run out of stamina much faster as well (and total distance traveled remains the same) and then you will make the same small faster steps as with lesser enchantment (regeneration seems to be the same). At least these are my observations, however I only have lesser and 1 normal dragon hoard ench. dunno if any greater recharges faster, but I doubt that.
  • Options
    ozgurakbas91ozgurakbas91 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    Their limit is not a daily limit resetting with other dailies or something like that. Its more like mechanics that make them stop dropping if too many dropped, but after some time (count in minutes/1-2 hours) you can get some again - the longer break the more you can get. Consider it like stamina for GWF - when you sprint for a long distance without stop you run out of it completely, but its slowly refreshing. If you try to run as much as possible you wont achieve more than 1-2 quick steps once in a while, but if you let it rest for some time you can then sprint again. Sad part is there is absolutely no reason to go for anything greater than lesser enchentments, at the beginning you will sprint much faster, but you will run out of stamina much faster as well (and total distance traveled remains the same) and then you will make the same small faster steps as with lesser enchantment (regeneration seems to be the same). At least these are my observations, however I only have lesser and 1 normal dragon hoard ench. dunno if any greater recharges faster, but I doubt that.

I thougt after all research at the forum and a lot of internet search, it was like a daily limit but in fact as you mentioned it is not. I played about 1 hour non stop for drop RP items yesterday and suddenly no drop at all. In the beginning I was happy with the drops. So today after daily limit resetting I started to kill mobs for items but after 30minutes or even less drops stopped again. I really do not understand why it is like that all items are account bound already.

I really wish to learn that mechanics more detailly about certain times. Fey blessig ench works without a limitation but dragon h. e. is completely waste of time.

Thanks for the informations.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey Everyone!

Was having a chat about this in our Guilds TS3 last night, and general premise is we all agree we would love more from the Dragon Hoard Enchants. Though there is some hope the coming RP inclusions on HEs in Icwind Dale (hopefully WoD also!) and the RP will be Bind to Account, and not just on that one character.

Some hold out hope for being unbound, hut I highly doubt that myself... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    There should be an option like:

"We all totally know who are crying for this the most..."
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    who? those of us that didn't bot to get a bunch of RP so we could get our stuff to mythic and legendary the day after its released?

No.
    Those of us that did bot to get a bunch of RP so we could get our stuff to mythic and legendary the day after its released!