test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    you get to 70 yet?

I might start trying now that the other zones were added since my Pally is 70 with a whole lot of nothing to do lol
    I'm at 65.5, but should be there in a week... No Tomes of Experience to copy over, yay me! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm at 65.5, but should be there in a week... No Tomes of Experience to copy over, yay me! lol

I have two but they are bound =( So I have duped them and now I'm 70.

Right now I'm testing the stats change and it seems that with very little variation, every 400 points of a stat give 1%:

Power 400 --> 1% Damage Bonus / Bonus Healing
    Critital Strike 400 --> 1% Critical Chance
    Recovery 400 --> 8% Recharge Speed / 4% Action Point Gain
    Defense 400 --> 1% Damage Resistance
    Deflect 400 -> 1% Deflect Chance
    Regeneration 400 --> 1% Health Regeneration / 1% Bonus Incoming Healing
    Life Steal 400 --> 1% Life Steal Chance
    Movement 400 --> 1% Run Speed Bonus

Armor Penetration 2055 --> 21.6 Resistance Ignored
    Action Point Gain 100 --> 1% Action Point Gain
    Combat Advantage Bonus 400 --> 4.6% Combat Advantage Damage
    Incoming Healing Bonus 850 --> 8% Healing

I don't like that 400 Power = 1% more damage and 400 CS = 1% CC because that means that right now we have to change all those radiant to azure if we want to maximize DPS
  • Options
    lnxepiquelnxepique Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey ;)

I got an imperial dragon cloak on rank 24, would it be worth switching to the lathander's cloak ?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    dont do anything with claoks yet lol

lord onlhy know what else they gonna do to use on Friday
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The more testing I do on the Preview Shard in WoD/IWD, the more it seems if you want to be able to do daily content you'll need to be Soulbinder for the healing ability it brings to you. With a Transcendent Negation, and a Transcendent Lifedrinker (also tested out Terror), I'm able to survive and I even solo'd Cult Prison and Biggrins Tomb with no problem whatsoever. It requires more work then on live, and fights take longer because you cannot put out the damage as you could before w/o dying...

I was also not using lvl 70 Armor, just Level 60 T2 sets (alternated between a few, and I was able to beat it with different sets, no issue really), as the survivbility is amazing comparatively in the new content and level 73 mobs.

Need to see if the survivability is needed in the parties since you'll be bringing less damage to the table, I'm not sure of SW Fury Spec's will be wanted, though you should be able to spam Tyrannical Threat (even if nerfed) faster if you utilize the Action Point builds, so maybe that will make up for the loss of Flames of Empowerment's 17% Damage increase with the feat in the Fury Tree.

If you run with a party with a good DC/OP, can you go pure class cannon and just nuke things... That's the question.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Update: The Drake Rider HE in WoD, that I cannot solo... lol

At least not yet, at 55k HPs, the guy just one shots me 50% of the time (per throw!) with his lance/spear throw... Fun fun!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So finally the devs figured how to make Heroic Encounters feel Heroic; that's good for the part of playing with friends and guildies, but it's bad for those moments no one wants to do neither dailies nor HEs
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    nisckis wrote: »
    So finally the devs figured how to make Heroic Encounters feel Heroic; that's good for the part of playing with friends and guildies, but it's bad for those moments no one wants to do neither dailies nor HEs
    Dying isn't fun, per say, but it's a great builder of experience... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Update: The Drake Rider HE in WoD, that I cannot solo... lol

At least not yet, at 55k HPs, the guy just one shots me 50% of the time (per throw!) with his lance/spear throw... Fun fun!

I have to say it...HEs were never meant to be solo'ed. With that said, I am sure we ( the larger SW community) will figure out a way. Even so, might have to work a build solely based one HE, and then see how viable it is to the rest of the game.

Having morning coffee, then gonna jump back into favor farming. Just need 40 more for my goal by Tuesday.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    cayapp wrote: »
    I have to say it...HEs were never meant to be solo'ed. With that said, I am sure we ( the larger SW community) will figure out a way. Even so, might have to work a build solely based one HE, and then see how viable it is to the rest of the game.

Having morning coffee, then gonna jump back into favor farming. Just need 40 more for my goal by Tuesday.

yah thats why I stack so much HP on my SW rather than going full DPS, gave me PvP viabiity, and near immortality vs Dragons lol

I am going to remain stubborn, I do not think I will go SOulbinder.. I will stay with HellFury, and keep complaining my face off until they make a few , simple, and not overpowered changes.

Kolat u get to 70 and have chance to test with lvl 70 gear?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    100% correct, per usual... More testing to do! :cool:

yah thats why I stack so much HP on my SW rather than going full DPS, gave me PvP viabiity, and near immortality vs Dragons lol
    Soulbinder is doing similar on test, though I'll readily admit it is no where near immortal. You gotta work for it against level 73 baddies, but that's what makes it fun! :D
    I am going to remain stubborn, I do not think I will go SOulbinder.. I will stay with HellFury, and keep complaining my face off until they make a few , simple, and not overpowered changes.
    Well we now have 3.5 weeks to review stuff, and hopefully some more positive changes will be made overall along with to the SW.

I am at Level 70, and the Gear is just extra hit points + stats. Been rocking my T2 stuff... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I spent the day yesterday getting my SW to 70 so I can parse for you. But I am having a weird issue on preview. I thought it was just the little test we did in Whispering Caverns, but I am seeming to get some strong strong reverb most noticeable using DT that is causing me lag which is very odd as I do not use onboard sound.

And I am so tanky anymore lol...I kept true to what I have on live in my stat distribution.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Currently I am with you animalust as far as remaining fury, but now I can test along side kola with the annoucement yesterday of the delay it gave me breathing room to get the last bit of favors I need over the next 3 weeks, so I can test some now on preview.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    my impression in mod 5 about SB fury tested on Dragon HE
    I run all 5 Dragons with more or less 15 mates, controlled after every encounter the damagemeter, by riding to the next dragon, and saw allways one CW behind myself beeing myself constantly in good advance to him in first position, so as i checked his GS afterwards he was maxed 24k all legendary
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?845781-Soulbinder-fury-spec
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Currently I am with you animalust as far as remaining fury, but now I can test along side kola with the annoucement yesterday of the delay it gave me breathing room to get the last bit of favors I need over the next 3 weeks, so I can test some now on preview.
    Ya, get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> back on the test shard already, we got a lot to chat about! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    my impression in mod 5 about SB fury tested on Dragon HE

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?845781-Soulbinder-fury-spec
    Thanks for your opinion... :)

If you're saying Soulbinder is better in Mod 5, I disagree. Though as always friendly debate is always welcomed/encouraged! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the overall damage is worse playing SB , sure, due to no pity + empowered flames, so hellbringer deals more damage to mobgroups since i use the same encounter as hellbringer, but... i never managed to deal that damage on single targets at all by playing Hellbinder 3 month mod 4+5 using WB, DT and KF, not at all
    WB, SS and KF filled with essencedefiler and dailys is more in the sum in my case, probabaly its my setup, can´t say?
    i checked it frequently doing dungeons, VT, MB, dragon HE´s, checking the shard before bossfights starts and at the end of fight catching up really fast in damagemeter by dealing damage on single target

imo spamming SS every 3 seconds or 4 + essecedefiler+ a fluid rotation compared to DT that blocks my casts on CD too long is the reason why
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Update: I think there will be a time and place for both the T2 Armor Sets, and the more HP LVL 70 sets. More testing to come, but that's my summation thus far! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Place Holder
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Greetings all, and welcome to Mod 6!

So a lot of things have changed… Like a lot.

This is an ongoing learning experience for everyone including myself. The following information is what I have gathered, tested, theorycrafted, experienced, and just MacGuyver’d from the Preview Shard over the past few months. I will state right here, and please list carefully(!!!), I cannot state with 100% certainty that this is the exact build I will be utilizing. However, it is what I am starting out with and with experiences/knowledge gained once Mod 6 goes live I will endeavor to keep this updated we can all learn and grow as Scourge Warlock players together. Sound good? :cool:

Current Gear:

Gear%20NW6_zpsxeckpn3o.png

Note: All offensive slots are Dark, maxing ArmPen is key in Mod 6 as bad guys DR is 60%, and bosses may be even higher! Currently still need to test a bit more to see how high bosses may be...

Defensive slots have Radiants, though their are other options of course, I've found the extra HPs to be the best defense over all in staying alive. Basically tailor it to your needs as your gear accumulation moves upwards.

The main hand is the Hand of Blight one, as I like the damage debuff it gives. Particularly with the fact that bad guys hit infinitely harder then before!

The offhand I use the No Pity, No Mercy passive feature to decrease Damage Resistance by 5% as it (hopefully!) increases DPS if I've maxed out my ArmPen.

Artifacts:

Artifact%20NW6_zpsct19iovp.png

Sigil of the Devoted - Because it's simply the best active artifact there is. Note: No need to get it to Mythic, doesn't lower cool down, so raise other ones!

Heart of the Blue Dragon - Because it has great stat allotments and 450 Combat Advantage bonus.

Kessell's Spheres of Annihilation - Because it has great stat allotments and 450 Combat Advantage bonus.

Thayan Book of the Dead - More AP Gain and good stats, nothing complain about!

Note: You can see the Black Ice Beholder in the pic, however until I get the Greater Black Ice Belt (if I do, I may try the Con Belt still!) no need to slot it IMO.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Current Ability Scores w/o any buffs from pots/campfire/etc:

Stats%201%20NW6_zpsfvycblh1.png

Current Stats, along w/Offense and Defense ratings, w/o any buffs from pots/campfire/etc:

Stats2%20NW6_zps98h0jksq.png
    Offense%20NW6_zpscdyphyqh.pngDefense%20NW6_zpscam0j8x4.png

Note: As you can see I have done my utmost to max out the key stats of Critical Strike, ArmPen. Power is no longer king. If you want to do great DPS, get ArmPen as high as you can, then follow up with Critical Strike to increase your crits. Power isn't bad per say, but it's not the end all be all anymore... Yay Mod 6!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Here are my current Boons:

Sharandar:

Boon1%20NW6_zpsg69js8vi.png

Note: Here I went with the 5th Boon in Elven Resolve for the Stamina gain. I'm finding manuevering, and remaining mobile, is super duper important. This could easily be Elvish Fury and it certainly isn't wrong to go with that!

Dread Ring:

Boon2%20NW6_zpsbizckjxg.png

Icewind Dale:

Boon3%20NW6_zpsxjid4xve.png

Note: I went with Winters Bounter as the art of using Tyrannical Threat is not dead. In fact it is more important then ever to keep your party alive by killing things dead!

Tyranny of Dragons:

Boon4%20NW6_zpsyp1qjd4b.png

Note: On the Tyranny of Dragons Boon selection, I am currently working on getting Boon 7 in the Dragon's Fury mini-tree to increase Critical Severity to 6.5%/8%. Though it could easily be Lifesteal %, really that's up to you!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Here you'll see my Feats, Powers, and toolbar load out...

Feats:

Feats%20NW6_zpsmezqjqhy.png

Pretty 'standard issue' above on the Feat selection. It's designed to maximize DPS, while also keeping some resiliency by dipping into Temptation for the Temp HP feat.

Powers:

Powers1%20NW6_zpsahcnfxx8.png
    Powers2%20NW6_zpsqpqto0hi.png
    Powers3%20NW6_zpsjvdmzi8j.png

Note: At this point in time, with over flow experience and all that jazz, everyone should have plenty points to put in whatever they deem useful. So do as ye see fit!

Toolbar Load Out:

My PvE Toolbar load out I have: No Pity, No Mercy / Shadow Walk / Tyrannical Threat / Brood of Hadar / Killing Flames / Dreadtheft or Arms of Hadar/ Fiery Bolt or Warlock's Bargain/ Hand of Blight / Whatever Your Preference

The concept is pretty simple... Max out AP full to use Tyrannical Threat as much as possible.

You may be asking yourself, "Hey dude, WTF? TT was nerfed to the ground, that's lame sauce! GTFO loser!"

Well allow me to educate you good sir or good madame... Tyrannical Threat is still the bread and butter of this builds DPS. Anyone who says it's not worth using, has been nerfed into uselessness, or any nay saying of it's awesomeness, needs a reality check. Stat.

You may also be thinking, "Fiery Bolt? What a tool! Arms of Hadar? What a fool! I'm leaving this thread, he don't know jack <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!"

If that's the case, enjoy the long walk to the bottom of the Scourge Warlock food chain mi amigo! I'm telling ya, try them out...

Fiery Bolt: Superb AoE, short cool down, and great to use while running through dungeons.

Arms of Hadar: Solid AoE, super short cool down, and CC. The CC is helpful in the dungeons I've run thus far. Also, despite its somewhat slow casting time, you are actually more mobile then when using Dreadtheft.

Test this out, and let me know your thoughts!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Companions:

Please pour one out for your Augment pets. They have served you well for the past 2 years, as the best companions you've had... Until Mod 6!

It's time for you to utilize some new friends, for Soloing or Dungeons, and I am recommending Defender Companions with Taunt/Threat Generation abilities and DPS increasing passive traits. All that and a bag of Perfect Bonding Runestone chips!

Companions now self resurrect themselves, so let them enjoy the beat down, while you go all like, "Pew Pew Pew! 'Murica!!!", from far away. Even in dungeons these little boogers can hold threat and save your bacon time and time again.

I use the Young Yeti or the (Volcanic) Galeb Dhur. Check out their active bonuses as they are pretty dang saucy! :D

I use the Erinyes of Belial and the Cambion Magus for increased Critical Severity as it is a superb increase in DPS. Take a look at the Fire Archon, as he now does 7% more damage to those below 50% health! :cool:

Note: Mind you, I am using the active bonuses as they currently on the Preview Shard, if they change I'll need to adjust accordingly!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    General Thoughts and Strategy:

Hellbringer is still more DPS then Soulbinder. Soulbinder brings a great deal of survivability particularly with some of the Artifact Off-Hand passive boosts. However, Hellbringer is still pretty dang far ahead, so that's what I have stuck with.

Another issue with Soulbinder is that Soulsparks seem to generate a lot slower then before. It is really rough. If the Devs change the mechanic, to increase the generation speed and/or slow the losing of, the Soulsparks then it will bear testing out again.

It's extremely important for a Scourge Warlock player, one who wants to a better player and remain one of the top DPSers in the game, to accept the fact that they are a Glass Cannon.

Glass Cannon Definition: is a popular term in gaming (especially online-gaming), where it refers to a character class that has remarkable offensive power, but has low defense. Urban Dictionary also defines this as: Refers to a person, weapon, or vehicle which has a high output, but a low defense, life, durability, etc.

That's your job. To kill things. So do it well!

Teamwork: Mod 6 is not your old Neverwinter, and in all honesty you need to consider it a new game for PvE. Why? Because you must use Teamwork to defeat dungeons. No longer will high DPS dealers run ahead and pull adds to nuke them, live, and run on wards again.

You need a healer. You need a tank. You need utility. You need DPS.

PvE is challenging again, so get with good friends or a good Guild, and practice working together.

I'm enjoying the challenge, so play like you got a pair and get busy killing bad guys!!! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    eriniasenilioneriniasenilion Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks a lot, kolatmaster. Very good job.

But I'm a templock, and I´d like to continue being, so I´ll wait a bit until to do something...

In addition I´m completely free to play and It´s very difficult to me to get all companions, artifacts...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks a lot, kolatmaster. Very good job.
    Thanks bud! :cool:
    But I'm a templock, and I´d like to continue being, so I´ll wait a bit until to do something...
    Rule Zero: Always have fun, and play whatever you want to play.
    In addition I´m completely free to play and It´s very difficult to me to get all companions, artifacts...
    Hakuna matata, enjoy the game. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thenoeticsthenoetics Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How are your overall feelings for SW going into mod 6?

Do you feel they are in a good place? I am a new player and I just want a class that isn't OP but is still useful.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    thenoetics wrote: »
    How are your overall feelings for SW going into mod 6?
    I'm fine with it, and will be enjoying the challenge. It's a change, particularly with Lifesteal and the fact you have/want to remain as mobile as possible to create distance with the bad guys or escape danger as necessary. Fights are no longer brainless encounters, you can/will die to normal adds in Icewind Dale, Well of Dragons, or normal pulls in Dungeons.

So be ready to rock! :)
    thenoetics wrote: »
    Do you feel they are in a good place? I am a new player and I just want a class that isn't OP but is still useful.
    I think Hellbringer is in a good place, but Soulbinder not so much. Hellbringer brings the pain right from the beginning, and Soulbinder needs to build up to its peak; But it's peak isn't as good as a Hellbringer for any path IMO. What Soulbinder does provide is survivability with Borrowed Time passive trait and that's not something to ignore, just not something I feel like doing that's all. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thenoeticsthenoetics Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the detailed information.

I've noticed in your mod 6 writeup, you advocate Armpen and Crit now - should I prioritze those while leveling?