test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Makes sense...

Warlock's Bargain HP loss is a bit of a stinker also, IMO.

the only regret I have with SW in PvP is that Fury makes practically No use of Creeping Death if you dont have warlocks bargain.

Fiery Bolt is more effective as an opener attack, but I do love to use Bargain after a good Harrowstorm
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Note: On the Tyranny of Dragons Boon selection, I am currently working on getting Boon 6 and 7 in the Dragon's Fury mini-tree to increase Critical Severity to 6.5%/8%.

Hi, it seems to be a really awful bug with Dragon's Fury because second and third point are not working neither on Live nor Preview.
    It looks like instead of adding a raw 1.5% to Critical severity it's miss calculating the new value.
    Anyone else is having the same problem too?

First point gives 5.2%, second 0.1% and third 0,2%, so instead of 98% you go home with 95.5%
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    the only regret I have with SW in PvP is that Fury makes practically No use of Creeping Death if you dont have warlocks bargain.
    Ya, it's not superb, but it's what we have to deal with... *shrugs*
    tFiery Bolt is more effective as an opener attack, but I do love to use Bargain after a good Harrowstorm
    It's all situational, so we just gotta adapt as we can! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2015
    nisckis wrote: »
    Hi, it seems to be a really awful bug with Dragon's Fury because second and third point are not working neither on Live nor Preview.
    It looks like instead of adding a raw 1.5% to Critical severity it's miss calculating the new value.
    Anyone else is having the same problem too?

First point gives 5.2%, second 0.1% and third 0,2%, so instead of 98% you go home with 95.5%
    Ya, which means I may switch a bit around the Boon 6 and Boon 7:

Tier 5:

Dragon's Thirst - Grants 3% Increased Life Steal.
    Dragon's Revival - Grants 10% Increased Incoming Healing.
    Dragon's Fury - Grants 5% Critical Severity.
    Dragon's Grip - Grants 10% Increased control Strength.

So for Boon 6, maybe Dragon's Thirst and/or Dragon's Revival, and then just alternate for Boon 7. No reason to take Dragon's Grip... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited January 2015
    How do you get the personalized archmage's ring or is it just gemmed arhcmage's ring with an enchantment?
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How do you get the personalized archmage's ring or is it just gemmed arhcmage's ring with an enchantment?

Level Jewelcrafting to 20, then you will have common tasks to turn gemmed archmage's ring (or gemmed hero's necklace, etc.) into personalized rings. You don't need mithral tools to craft the personalized rings, so just buy the gemmed version off the AH.

The wiki lists the tasks for jewelcrafting here.
    edited January 2015
    darkstarcrash has the right of it... :)

It may take a while to work up to them, but the additional Defense Slot is pretty darn sweet!
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2015
    i tosed the Power/ifetseal one on my stone of allure, too bad it wasn power/crit
    edited January 2015
    i tosed the Power/ifetseal one on my stone of allure, too bad it wasn power/crit
    I've been using 2x Ring of Pain in two out of three of my ring slots on the Black Dragon Ioun Stone as I like having the Recovery and Critical Strike.

But that's just how I balanced my stats out... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2015
    I've been using 2x Ring of Pain in two out of three of my ring slots on the Black Dragon Ioun Stone as I like having the Recovery and Critical Strike.

But that's just how I balanced my stats out... :cool:

one of my rings on my allure is still the Nefarious something or other with the 243 power and crit, necklace is the power life steal one, and the DC offhand is the 161 power/recovery with a little crit.

originally my stone was meant to just pack Power onto it, since i never really need it to even stats out, but i didnt really need the life steal just wanted the power and extra def slot
    edited January 2015
    one of my rings on my allure is still the Nefarious something or other with the 243 power and crit, necklace is the power life steal one, and the DC offhand is the 161 power/recovery with a little crit.
    Seems like a solid load out for sure, more Power is always a good thing IMO... :cool:
    originally my stone was meant to just pack Power onto it, since i never really need it to even stats out, but i didnt really need the life steal just wanted the power and extra def slot
    Ya, alternating the other stats is perfectly fine. It's all about customizing to your play style, ability, and needs. Some like a little more Defense, some might like that extra few decimal points in Critical Strike above the soft cap, etc.
    va8Ru.gif
  • michelmontenegromichelmontenegro Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Doubts:

1. What do you think of Brilliant Energy to the Warlock? (What build is good this enchantment)?
    We are Plague Fire and Vorpal, but it will be the Brilliant Energy would not be better? (I have no idea of the differences in final damage of each)
    edited January 2015
    Doubts:

1. What do you think of Brilliant Energy to the Warlock? (What build is good this enchantment)?
    We are Plague Fire and Vorpal, but it will be the Brilliant Energy would not be better? (I have no idea of the differences in final damage of each)
    For a Fury build, the only other enchantments I would consider would be Lifedrinker/Terror/Plaguefire as they are Necrotic damage that have good synergy with the Creeping Death capstone. Aside from that I really don't see where Brilliant Energy, being Radiant damage, does anything positive over Vorpal as it increases the Necrotic damage that you do.

Hope that helps! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2015
    For a Fury build, the only other enchantments I would consider would be Lifedrinker/Terror/Plaguefire as they are Necrotic damage that have good synergy with the Creeping Death capstone. Aside from that I really don't see where Brilliant Energy, being Radiant damage, does anything positive over Vorpal as it increases the Necrotic damage that you do.

Hope that helps! :cool:

did theya ctually fix that?

Last I saw, none of the Weapon/Armor enchantment damage types were proccing Creeping Death.

Ive not tested this in a month or so.

I coudl check on test server, but I dont have any Necrotic Damage Enchants to try with on Live server. I should still have a Lifedrinker on test though.

Also, lasty I saw, all of our Feats that add Necro damage, also do not proc creeping death.
    edited January 2015
    did theya ctually fix that?
    They were supposed to fix a bunch of them I believe...
    Last I saw, none of the Weapon/Armor enchantment damage types were proccing Creeping Death.
    Well not directly I don't believe, but on a Necrotic based attack they should add more Necrotic damage thus increasing the total Necrotic damage of that attack and thereby Creeping Death. Mind you I don't have ACT to pars it, just going by my impression from playing and patch notes.
    I coudl check on test server, but I dont have any Necrotic Damage Enchants to try with on Live server. I should still have a Lifedrinker on test though.
    I also have Terror/Plaguefire available on Test if ya need them, just let me know... :cool:
    Also, lasty I saw, all of our Feats that add Necro damage, also do not proc creeping death.
    Well that would be annoying, thought they had fixed all that in a patch back in early December? Maybe late November...
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2015
    They were supposed to fix a bunch of them I believe...

Well not directly I don't believe, but on a Necrotic based attack they should add more Necrotic damage thus increasing the total Necrotic damage of that attack and thereby Creeping Death. Mind you I don't have ACT to pars it, just going by my impression from playing and patch notes.

I also have Terror/Plaguefire available on Test if ya need them, just let me know... :cool:

Well that would be annoying, thought they had fixed all that in a patch back in early December? Maybe late November...

As far as I could tell they only fixed BoVA with Creeping death, it used to not proc at all, now its great if you dont have to worry about stuns etc.

ive got ACT at home if I remember today il play around.

but oneway to check is you slot the weapon enchant with Necrotic, and use eldritch blast that does not use Necrotic Damage. If you see Creeping Death proccing, then we win ;p
    edited February 2015
    Sorry for the delay in posting mi amigos... Been traveling a bit for work, and also been spending time on the test shard! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry for the delay in posting mi amigos... Been traveling a bit for work, and also been spending time on the test shard! :)

Hi kolatmaster!

I love your guides that you've made. Just curious, how has your experience been with the preview shard? What type of changes will you be making at least as far as leveling up goes? It seems SWs will become weaker defensively, so I was just wondering if you were going to go SB and what tree you might consider. I understand that no epic equipment is on preview yet, so I wouldn't expect you to have a guide up with the gear you decide on. Maybe after delving in preview a bit you could give us tips on stats to build for the different paragons and the type of role you see SWs being in.

Have a good day!
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
    edited February 2015
    Hi kolatmaster!
    Hey there! :cool:
    I love your guides that you've made.
    Thanks man, glad to help!
    Just curious, how has your experience been with the preview shard? What type of changes will you be making at least as far as leveling up goes? It seems SWs will become weaker defensively, so I was just wondering if you were going to go SB and what tree you might consider. I understand that no epic equipment is on preview yet, so I wouldn't expect you to have a guide up with the gear you decide on. Maybe after delving in preview a bit you could give us tips on stats to build for the different paragons and the type of role you see SWs being in.
    I think the lessening of Critical Stike/Crit Chance in general makes other enchantments viable... Particularly this beauty:

Transcendent%20Terror_zpslzhkknzi.png

Transcendent Terror gives 25% Weapon Damage as Necrotic with every hit, lowers bad guys Defense/Power by 40% and has a 10% chance to Root the target... Good lord that's amazing!!! :D
    Have a good day!
    Ditto!
    va8Ru.gif
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey there! :cool:

Thanks man, glad to help!

I think the lessening of Critical Stike/Crit Chance in general makes other enchantments viable... Particularly this beauty:

Transcendent Terror gives 25% Weapon Damage as Necrotic with every hit, lowers bad guys Defense/Power by 40% and has a 10% chance to Root the target... Good lord that's amazing!!! :D

Ditto!

Man that is tasty. Seriously thinking of trading my p. vorpal for a p. terror now.
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Humna humna humna.

So what do you have to say about some SWs contemplating switching to SB over rumors of HB dying easier?
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Man that is tasty. Seriously thinking of trading my p. vorpal for a p. terror now.
    Ditto! :cool:
    Humna humna humna.

So what do you have to say about some SWs contemplating switching to SB over rumors of HB dying easier?
    Eff surviving, our role is to do DAMAGE as a Fury Warlock... Just party right, by this I mean with a Devoted Cleric or an Oathbound Paladin, and just bring the pain! ;)

Hellbringer should (gotta test more) still do more DPS then Soulbinder based on No Pity, No Mercy and Flames of Empowerment.
    va8Ru.gif
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hellbringer should (gotta test more) still do more DPS then Soulbinder based on No Pity, No Mercy and Flames of Empowerment.

Thinking of swapping Flames of empowerment for the lesser curse on crit feature. Combine that with the feat to reduce dr with lesser curses, and I'm thinking it could be a damage buff for the entire party. Haven't tested though.
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Thinking of swapping Flames of empowerment for the lesser curse on crit feature. Combine that with the feat to reduce dr with lesser curses, and I'm thinking it could be a damage buff for the entire party. Haven't tested though.
    Something I've been thinking also, and that would be the way to go for a Soulbinder, IMO. Still think 17% Damage increase for Flames of Empowerment for a Hellbringer is too good to give up... :)

But testing should be done!
    va8Ru.gif
  • takrandrotakrandro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would love to see some more info on Soulbinder,just for a change of pace and not dying all the time, so if anyone knows a good starting guide for me that would be awesome :)
    Till then i'll be using your Hellbringer build while i gear up in the Campaigns(takes forever..)
    edited February 2015
    I was playing around with some other enchants on my Paladin, and i have to honestly say that the Terror enchant does not work nearly as well as I was hoping.

Actually I dont think its really working right now. It was easily out dps'd by P Lightning and P Vorpal providing obvious better gains vs single target.

my test was pretty straight forward just using 1 aoe attack repeatedly, Vorpal ended up on top each time at a 37% crit chance.

Now thats pally, but as we know most of us SW's are at LEAST 35% crit rate, many above 40% so as of right now I dont believe Terror can compete.

Needs better Testing though, and my PC cant handle ACT right now (mobo is having... issues..)

Flames of Empowerment is good but I dont slot it in PVP, need more mobility and i use my Brood of Hadar constantly lol
    edited February 2015
    Greetings all,

Just wanted to let you know I've been testing a lot on Preview, particularly with last weeks updates. The sky is not falling, but some things (overall) will change with us... Just gotta figure it all out! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited February 2015
    you get to 70 yet?

I might start trying now that the other zones were added since my Pally is 70 with a whole lot of nothing to do lol
    edited February 2015
    you get to 70 yet?

I might start trying now that the other zones were added since my Pally is 70 with a whole lot of nothing to do lol
    I'm at 65.5, but should be there in a week... No Tomes of Experience to copy over, yay me! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm at 65.5, but should be there in a week... No Tomes of Experience to copy over, yay me! lol

I have two but they are bound =( So I have duped them and now I'm 70.

Right now I'm testing the stats change and it seems that with very little variation, every 400 points of a stat give 1%:

Power 400 --> 1% Damage Bonus / Bonus Healing
    Critital Strike 400 --> 1% Critical Chance
    Recovery 400 --> 8% Recharge Speed / 4% Action Point Gain
    Defense 400 --> 1% Damage Resistance
    Deflect 400 -> 1% Deflect Chance
    Regeneration 400 --> 1% Health Regeneration / 1% Bonus Incoming Healing
    Life Steal 400 --> 1% Life Steal Chance
    Movement 400 --> 1% Run Speed Bonus

Armor Penetration 2055 --> 21.6 Resistance Ignored
    Action Point Gain 100 --> 1% Action Point Gain
    Combat Advantage Bonus 400 --> 4.6% Combat Advantage Damage
    Incoming Healing Bonus 850 --> 8% Healing

I don't like that 400 Power = 1% more damage and 400 CS = 1% CC because that means that right now we have to change all those radiant to azure if we want to maximize DPS