test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Companions:

DaigotsuCompanionsMod5_zps9d20412e.png

Note: I use the Black Dragon Ioun Stone for the 3 Offensive Slots and the 3 Ring Slots, allowing me to maximize my Power.

I am currently trying my damndest to get the Repentent Cultist from the Well of Dragon dailies dungeons, but as yet after over 150 tries (multiple characters as the Key is account bound!) I have yet to get that bugger. Some day... *longingly dreams of the increased DPS*

Once I do have the Repentent Cultist, I will replace the Wild Hunt Rider with it while running through dungeons, and replace the Laughing Skull with it during boss fights.

I use the Erinyes of Belial and the Dancing Blade for increased Critical Severity as it is a superb increase in DPS.

I don't use the CBA granting companions as they do not seem to increase my CBA as they are supposed too.

And below is a shameless picture of my character, who I think looks super bad a$$! :cool:

DaigotsuPortraitMod5_zps26a5d46b.png
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2014
    General Thoughts and Strategy:

Hellbringer is still more DPS then Soulbinder. Soulbinder brings a great deal of survivability particularly with some of the Artifact Off-Hand passive boosts. However, Hellbringer is still pretty dang far ahead, so that's what I have stuck with.

It's extremely important for a Scourge Warlock player, one who wants to a better player, to not fall into using Tyrannical Threat as a crutch to kill every group of adds. Using Flames of Empowerment, and the flat 17% increased damage (yes, that will increase your Creeping Death stacks!) it provides, and strategic use of Tyrannical Threat are the keys.

There are few bosses where Tyrannical Threat is something you want to use, and all of those are in the oldest content in the game. Examples are Castle Never, Pirate King, Spellplague Caverns, etc.

Even then it's not a must, and isn't always the right call as you use Tyrannical Threat to destroy large groups of adds. If your team can do that without you, simple do what you do best as a Hellbringer Fury Warlock... Single target DPS! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2014
    Just in case for the umpteenth time... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • polnischerbauerpolnischerbauer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just in case for the umpteenth time... lol

What are your enchants in the offensive/ defensive slots etc. ?
    edited December 2014
    What are your enchants in the offensive/ defensive slots etc. ?
    I know quoting oneself isn't the coolest thing to do, but... :cool:
    Note: All offensive slots are Radiant, maxing power is key once you have reached the soft caps in the other stats. Defensive slots have a mix of Azure/Radiant/Dark, though their are other options of course. Basically tailor it to your needs as your gear accumulation moves upwards.

The information was in a "Note" below the image of my gear. Lots of information above, so definitely easy to miss... I will try and go back to clarify it a bit more! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • polnischerbauerpolnischerbauer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I know quoting oneself isn't the coolest thing to do, but... :cool:

The information was in a "Note" below the image of my gear. Lots of information above, so definitely easy to miss... I will try and go back to clarify it a bit more! :)

Thanks man! :D
    edited December 2014
    Thanks man! :D
    No problem bud! :cool:

Wasn't trying to be cheeky, though I'm sure it came across that way... Hope it was worth a chuckle! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Awesome update man. It might take me a while to get cleric atrifact as i'm leveling a CW for the time being and wonder if i can still work without it. But at 12k GS right now and working to get the other artifacts (stuck with waters). Gotta get rid of harrowstorm for Pirate King.
    edited December 2014
    Awesome update man. It might take me a while to get cleric atrifact as i'm leveling a CW for the time being and wonder if i can still work without it. But at 12k GS right now and working to get the other artifacts (stuck with waters). Gotta get rid of harrowstorm for Pirate King.
    Stop leveling that CW, immediately!

This weekend is Double XP Weekend... HERE!

So get your sassy butt on a DC and make it rain righteous fury! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What kind of % are you getting from your 1500 combat advantage? trying to decide on what state to aim for on my newly epic offhand :)
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
    edited December 2014
    What kind of % are you getting from your 1500 combat advantage? trying to decide on what state to aim for on my newly epic offhand :)
    Currently it is at 9.6% additional damage for CBA. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Awesome man, thank for the info! Just recently changed from a temptation spec to a build modelled on yours (with slightly less gear) and been loving it so far!
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
    edited December 2014
    Awesome man, thank for the info! Just recently changed from a temptation spec to a build modelled on yours (with slightly less gear) and been loving it so far!
    Glad you enjoy it bud! :cool:

Temptation is a fine spec, and insanely survivable in PvE/PvP content, I just happen to love killing things... Hence my focus on Fury and the Hellbringer Paragon Path.

Pew, Pew, Pew!!! 'M-U-R-I-C-A!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi,

Great guide, a question just to be top notch ;)

Which is the second power you chose for your offhand? Will action point gain bring more DPS than Combat Advantage Damage?

At the moment I'm going with 400 of CAD, but I'd like to know if you've done the math against the action points.

Thanks
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Glad you enjoy it bud! :cool:

Temptation is a fine spec, and insanely survivable in PvE/PvP content, I just happen to love killing things... Hence my focus on Fury and the Hellbringer Paragon Path.

Pew, Pew, Pew!!! 'M-U-R-I-C-A!!!

might just be me, but i find Fury to be more survivable thanks to all that extra Damage = Self Healing
    edited December 2014
    arminister wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hey!
    Great guide, a question just to be top notch ;)
    Thanks, and sure thing fire away...
    Which is the second power you chose for your offhand? Will action point gain bring more DPS than Combat Advantage Damage?

Combat Advantage as this build keeps its Action Point bar full a majority of the time. :)
    At the moment I'm going with 400 of CAD, but I'd like to know if you've done the math against the action points.
    Mines at 393, jelly! lol
    Thanks
    Welcome! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2014
    animalust wrote: »
    might just be me, but i find Fury to be more survivable thanks to all that extra Damage = Self Healing
    Well I'd say Soulbinder/Fury is more survivable with the passives they have... It just makes you tankier with the heals and the Lifesteal combined. I just haven't seen a need to go Soulbinder as with the +8 AC Cloak and the Lifesteal I do just fine. I mean I do die, but it's not common outside of Tiamat... Lag fest central that is! lol

:cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2014
    Well I'd say Soulbinder/Fury is more survivable with the passives they have... It just makes you tankier with the heals and the Lifesteal combined. I just haven't seen a need to go Soulbinder as with the +8 AC Cloak and the Lifesteal I do just fine. I mean I do die, but it's not common outside of Tiamat... Lag fest central that is! lol

:cool:

no i meant Temptation vs Fury in pvp (hellbringer), specifically in PvP i feel that Temptation is less likely to survive, especially if caught alone.
    edited December 2014
    no i meant Temptation vs Fury in pvp (hellbringer), specifically in PvP i feel that Temptation is less likely to survive, especially if caught alone.
    Oh!

Well I can honestly say I haven't tried Temptation Hellbringer in PvP since trying the class on Preview in July... lol

So honestly don't know. However when I do PvP with my Black Ice Purified set, it seems decent survivbility with my build.
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2014
    yah its the perfect combo of Survive and Kill, its just too bad in pvp we are not making very much use of Creeping Death
    edited December 2014
    yah its the perfect combo of Survive and Kill, its just too bad in pvp we are not making very much use of Creeping Death
    Scourge Warlock could use some PvP love... However I don't want them fuddling with us PvE wise. Perfectly content there as is! lol
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2014
    eh, i dont exactly disagree with peoples need for more love in PvP, i think we just have enough tools that are completely OP (albeit completely situational). The real downside is that we cant just sit on a Capture Point the same way pretty much every other class can, almost requiring the SW to play in a more Solo mentality.

No true Dodge, no massive Defenses, no instant Stuns = Dont stand someplace that allows the enemy to target you first lol, ALWAYS be the one to attack first, by surprise if possible.
    edited December 2014
    eh, i dont exactly disagree with peoples need for more love in PvP, i think we just have enough tools that are completely OP (albeit completely situational). The real downside is that we cant just sit on a Capture Point the same way pretty much every other class can, almost requiring the SW to play in a more Solo mentality.

No true Dodge, no massive Defenses, no instant Stuns = Dont stand someplace that allows the enemy to target you first lol, ALWAYS be the one to attack first, by surprise if possible.
    Well my philosophy in PvP, currently with my build, is really simple... I am pure support DPS.

You give me 5-10 uninterrupted seconds on someone? (this happening in a 2v1, or beginning of the big melee at the center node at the beginning of the game) Sweet! They will be hurting really bad... ;)

Or if someone is running around at less then 40% life and Killing Flames is off cool down? BOOM!!!

Some one even looks at me and makes a move towards me? Run away!!! lol
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2014
    Well my philosophy in PvP, currently with my build, is really simple... I am pure support DPS.

You give me 5-10 uninterrupted seconds on someone? (this happening in a 2v1, or beginning of the big melee at the center node at the beginning of the game) Sweet! They will be hurting really bad... ;)

Or if someone is running around at less then 40% life and Killing Flames is off cool down? BOOM!!!

Some one even looks at me and makes a move towards me? Run away!!! lol

Yah that is pretty much the best, difficult to stand at the center though thanks to those few good TR's
    edited December 2014
    Yah that is pretty much the best, difficult to stand at the center though thanks to those few good TR's
    It's a bit of a wonky strategy, but it seems to work decently well in PUGs though I am sure against legit Premades I'll still be toast! lol :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2014
    It's a bit of a wonky strategy, but it seems to work decently well in PUGs though I am sure against legit Premades I'll still be toast! lol :cool:

well i can honestly say that in that stage, the usual Harrow,Bargain,KF isnt always very effective.. so u need to be ready to use other setups depending on enemy team. the occasional high DPS low defenses people out there sure, but not gonna kill him if a DC and GF there ;p for that you need coordination to stop KV, put a little control on him, thats when you Bargain and DT the Cleric, save your harrowstorm for right after he dashes, pop in the air to a brood and you get the idea
    edited January 2015
    well i can honestly say that in that stage, the usual Harrow,Bargain,KF isnt always very effective.. so u need to be ready to use other setups depending on enemy team. the occasional high DPS low defenses people out there sure, but not gonna kill him if a DC and GF there ;p for that you need coordination to stop KV, put a little control on him, thats when you Bargain and DT the Cleric, save your harrowstorm for right after he dashes, pop in the air to a brood and you get the idea
    I also most always have Harrowstorm on, always have Killing Flames, and then Warlock's Bargain is really my major flex spot.

Mostly for Dreadtheft, but testing out Infernal Spheres and Blades of Vanquished Armies.

My class features are always No Pity, No Mercy, and then I switch around between Shadow Walk and Flames of Empowerment. It's usually the Flames of Empowerment as I am trying to maximize my support DPS role as much as possible.

The above is not a definitive statement on PvP, just my thoughts on my particular build and how it applies. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2015
    :cool: Happy New Year!!! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited January 2015
    I also most always have Harrowstorm on, always have Killing Flames, and then Warlock's Bargain is really my major flex spot.

Mostly for Dreadtheft, but testing out Infernal Spheres and Blades of Vanquished Armies.

My class features are always No Pity, No Mercy, and then I switch around between Shadow Walk and Flames of Empowerment. It's usually the Flames of Empowerment as I am trying to maximize my support DPS role as much as possible.

The above is not a definitive statement on PvP, just my thoughts on my particular build and how it applies. :cool:

DT is great vs Stealthers and DC's, BoVA used to be amazing vs stealthers, but now Whisper Knife scoundrels can stun you a million times, the ability becomes useless =(
    edited January 2015
    DT is great vs Stealthers and DC's, BoVA used to be amazing vs stealthers, but now Whisper Knife scoundrels can stun you a million times, the ability becomes useless =(
    Makes sense...

Warlock's Bargain HP loss is a bit of a stinker also, IMO.
    va8Ru.gif