test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thenoetics wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed information.

I've noticed in your mod 6 writeup, you advocate Armpen and Crit now - should I prioritze those while leveling?
    You're welcome! :)

For leveling I'd focus those also, level 60-70 and if lower that's fine also. Leveling you'll want to begin practicing with whatever your chosen Companion is, and I suggest Defender/Taunt Companions for DPS builds. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have you done any testing with All-Consuming Curse?

Particularly its effect using TT.
    My understanding is TT is a damage amplifier based on cursed targets.
    So i'm theorising with this slotted and and TT up, using eg DT on heaps of adds and lots of crits, this would boost TT's output significantly.
    If this is correct, that's maybe why TT was nerf'd, cause it can do heaps more dmg with this class feature.

What's your thoughts on this theory?

Thanx
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    glarty wrote: »
    What's your thoughts on this theory?
    I think it is testable, for sure... No reason not too, and it does sound plausible. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Kolatmaster,

Is Linkingirl from mmominds.com, as you know we love your Guides and builds, and your update for mod 6 is no exeption, so we decided to add it to your website, hope you dont mind :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hi Kolatmaster,
    Hey there!
    Is Linkingirl from mmominds.com, as you know we love your Guides and builds, and your update for mod 6 is no exeption, so we decided to add it to your website, hope you dont mind :)
    Absolutely not minded at all, many thanks for all your hard work! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    selinieselinie Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For some reason all of your pictures in your update show as broken for me. Is that a personal issue I have or are the links/pictures broken?

I only ask because I am a 100% new player. I rolled tiefling and have not spent any ability or talents or w/e so far and plan to not spend any until I can get a better understanding of the class.

This does look like the class for me though, so I am appreciative of your guide :)
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only picture I can't see is the IWD boons.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    To be 100% clear the pictures I can NOT see are as follows:

Current Stats, along w/Offense and Defense ratings, w/o any buffs from pots/campfire/etc:

Sharandar:

Dread Ring:

Icewind Dale:

Tyranny of Dragons:

Feats:

Powers:

If you could potentially rehost or relink them, that would be awesome.

Also since I am leveling should I dump my stat points into con and cha evenly as I level, or focus more on one or the other to start with?

Thanks so much.
  • Options
    eriniasenilioneriniasenilion Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The same Kolatmaster has wrote is in: http://mmominds.com/2015/04/07/daigotsu-scourge-warlock-guide-by-leeroy-jenkins-of-gwf-fame-mod6-update/

Perhaps you can see the images there.

(Spanish speaker. Sorry for the bad English grammar.)
  • Options
    thenoeticsthenoetics Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The images are broken for me as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I can not, I already tried, can you see all of the images?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Pictures are all working fine for me on my PC and my cell... No idea what the issue is guys, sorry!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any Thoughts On Use of Fire, Air (6.0% bonus damage at 99.9% mob health w/ 2 additional Archon's), and Earth Archon's (Tank Companion + 7.0% bonus damage if you can keep yourself at full health w/ 2 additional Archon's), Augment, & Erinyes of Belial. (All Epic.. I'm assume %'s go up at Legendary? Haven't seen a screen)

Maybe even a Repentant Dragon Cultist for 100-51% Mob Health.

I'm just curious if the % Bonus Damage > Crit Severity in terms of Overall DPS over the course of an Extended Fight... Not sure how long Boss Fights will be now.

Assuming Add +5% Bonus Damage 50-0% for Tiefling.

As I guess potentially.. Assuming you can keep yourself at 100% Health a high percentage of a given fight... via Potion, Astral Seal Healing, Directly Casted Healing, etc...

Using Fire, Air, Earth Archon, Repentant, & Augment Bonus Damage would be:

100% Mob Health = +12.0% Damage Bonus (7% Earth + 5% Repentant)
    99.9-50.1% Mob Health = +18% Damage Bonus (7% Earth + 5% Repentant + 6% Air)
    50-0% Mob Health = +25 % Damage Bonus (7% Earth + 7% Fire + 6% Air + 5% Tiefling)

Say you can keep Earth Active Bonus for 80% of fight = 7% * .8 = 5.6% Damage Bonus (maybe some flawed math there)... (Math People check me)

Just a thought on companion line up.... as I'm unsure what % boost to overall DPS each % of Crit Severity adds over the course of an extended fight.. obviously.. it's constant.. with no special conditions that need to be met.

Maybe Augment, Fire, Air, Erinyes, & Cambion = Best of the Best DPS. Although, I think Cambion would be hard for most people to get.. given it's limited availability and cost. Substitute Dancing Blade for Poor Man's Version..
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....
  • Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another issue with Soulbinder is that Soulsparks seem to generate a lot slower then before. It is really rough. If the Devs change the mechanic, to increase the generation speed and/or slow the losing of, the Soulsparks then it will bear testing out again.

I would have to disagree with this statement. I'm running SB healock and have found the opposite effect. It might be the crit rate, lucky rolls, or whatever, but I've found that since I tend to get crits often, they're stacking at a brisk pace. A good ol' dash of DT into two mobs and I'm full on sparks. Not every time, but usually the scenario against elites. Trash mobs like 2-3+ I tend to get about three stacks before they're dead.

Healing myself seems to be more of a pain than healing party members, and I'm not sure why. At lvl 63, theres just no logical way to stack enough lifesteal to provide good healing.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sadus671 wrote: »
    Any Thoughts On Use of Fire, Air (6.0% bonus damage at 99.9% mob health w/ 2 additional Archon's), and Earth Archon's (Tank Companion + 7.0% bonus damage if you can keep yourself at full health w/ 2 additional Archon's), Augment, & Erinyes of Belial. (All Epic.. I'm assume %'s go up at Legendary? Haven't seen a screen)

Maybe even a Repentant Dragon Cultist for 100-51% Mob Health.
    100% what I am going to do, particularly as Repentant Dragon Cultist (may be) bugged and not working. :(
    I'm just curious if the % Bonus Damage > Crit Severity in terms of Overall DPS over the course of an Extended Fight... Not sure how long Boss Fights will be now.
    It's a great question honestly, so we'll have to test it out! :cool:
    Maybe Augment, Fire, Air, Erinyes, & Cambion = Best of the Best DPS. Although, I think Cambion would be hard for most people to get.. given it's limited availability and cost. Substitute Dancing Blade for Poor Man's Version..
    I'm rocking my Young Yeti instead of the Augment, but that's just me. I like the threat/aggro he brings for soloing and in Dungeons.

But Fire and Air are the two Archon's I'd be looking to pick up honestly, so definitely think that's the way to go!

I would have to disagree with this statement. I'm running SB healock and have found the opposite effect. It might be the crit rate, lucky rolls, or whatever, but I've found that since I tend to get crits often, they're stacking at a brisk pace. A good ol' dash of DT into two mobs and I'm full on sparks. Not every time, but usually the scenario against elites. Trash mobs like 2-3+ I tend to get about three stacks before they're dead.
    I still find it too slow, even with a Crit chance of 35-40%. The fact it disappears afterwards, completely, just kills it IMO.

But we are, of course, allowed to disagree, it's part of the fun of different builds and such! :)
    Healing myself seems to be more of a pain than healing party members, and I'm not sure why. At lvl 63, theres just no logical way to stack enough lifesteal to provide good healing.
    Just wait until level 70, it's a whole new world of pain! :cool:

(I meant pain in a good/challenging way, just FYI!)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Any chance you can post your talent choices etc. like they did in this trickster rogue build My Budget TR PVE Build

Since the pictures are broken, and I am new to the game, I am 100% at a loss, but I really want to try this build out as it sounds like it is just my playstyle :(
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still find it too slow, even with a Crit chance of 35-40%. The fact it disappears afterwards, completely, just kills it IMO.
    But we are, of course, allowed to disagree, it's part of the fun of different builds and such!

imo spark regeneration is a bit slower (probabaly less crits?) but not that bad as some wrote in forum
    I use essence defiler (SB fury)->same as mod 5, using 3 times in a row u get at least 5 sparks, when on top using BOVA in the mobgroup sparks come up really fast
    DT don´t work that good for me, can´t say why it generates that much sparks in case of temp lock?
    Levelling/trashmobs I take WB and Bova + DT or FB,
    singel target WB KF SS combined with TT in case of trash mob spawning u are a very vers good Damagedealer--> so I am very curiuos if Hunter and TR can top that damage, lets wait and see
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    selinie wrote: »
    Any chance you can post your talent choices etc. like they did in this trickster rogue build My Budget TR PVE Build

Since the pictures are broken, and I am new to the game, I am 100% at a loss, but I really want to try this build out as it sounds like it is just my playstyle :(
    I'll take a look into doing that this weekend! :cool:

imo spark regeneration is a bit slower (probabaly less crits?) but not that bad as some wrote in forum
    I use essence defiler (SB fury)->same as mod 5, using 3 times in a row u get at least 5 sparks, when on top using BOVA in the mobgroup sparks come up really fast
    DT don´t work that good for me, can´t say why it generates that much sparks in case of temp lock?
    Levelling/trashmobs I take WB and Bova + DT or FB,
    singel target WB KF SS combined with TT in case of trash mob spawning u are a very vers good Damagedealer--> so I am very curiuos if Hunter and TR can top that damage, lets wait and see
    That's the issue though, it's the the build up is too slow over all IMO. Just doesn't fit my play style... I want to me at maximum effieincy from the beginning of a fight, not like 10-15 seconds in. Even at peak the DPS from Hellbringer is better IMO.

That being said, Soulbinder is a helluva lot more survivable, so it has that going for it! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    So it seems that things are not as bad as they were when I started testing Mod 6

my SW at 61 didnt drop off the face of the earth in survivability thankfully, I was actually able to practically solo Dread Legion Skirmish, i say practically cus everyone else but a TR kept dieing and leaving the instance

Ended with 27m Damage, 2.5m Damage taken, 1.9m Healed to myself. so far, this is acceptable ;p

Now thats left is to get out of the bs drowned soul starter area, the EXP gained fromt eh quests bloow terribly.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's the issue though, it's the the build up is too slow over all IMO. Just doesn't fit my play style... I want to me at maximum effieincy from the beginning of a fight, not like 10-15 seconds in. Even at peak the DPS from Hellbringer is better IMO.

That being said, Soulbinder is a helluva lot more survivable, so it has that going for it! :)
    Haven't tried Mod 6 yet (working on other toons) but in Mod 5 building sparks with BOVA was almost instant - certainly not 10-15 seconds to max.

In my experience Hellbringer has better DPS than Soulbinder in every situation except boss fights where you can stack SS efficiently. In those situations SB really shines if you get your rotation spot on.

Survivability boost from SB is definitely huge, especially for lowbie-to-middling geared toons. I'm personally not comfortable playing Glass Cannons so SB suits my playstyle better. Good to have both Paragons viable - not all classes have that luxury.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    BOVA is the new Lifesteal, while Bargain, Blades and DreadTheft was always my favorite since mod 4, we know that it isnt the top DPS solution, but it is the "Im not gonna die from these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mobs" solution ^^

Just set it so you have BOVA up while Bargain and DT are on cool down, and using microdashes + Hellish Rebuke on each mob you are fighting, You will gain enough stacks of CD to keep your health up while waiting for Bargain and DT
  • Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015

But we are, of course, allowed to disagree, it's part of the fun of different builds and such! :)

Just wait until level 70, it's a whole new world of pain! :cool:

(I meant pain in a good/challenging way, just FYI!)

Alright Kolat, I made it to 70 with all of my vigils done!

Now that it's out of the way, I would like to take back my earlier statement and agree that it does indeed build too slow. I apologize because I'm the most humble person I know xP.

Healock makes no sense right now with the way the capstone works (probably my only problem with the tree).

I can't even understand the tooltip. It says I use "my powers" to heal them for their power = my lifesteal %. Do they say "your powers" as a general SW kind of thing like with the almighty powers of an SW; that my at-wills/encounters/etc. are some how affecting the outcome of the healing process? ...or are the allies stacking my lifesteal % on top of their's or are they working in parallel (together but seperate)? I need clarity on this tooltip :S.

As an SB healock at 70, I've found that (with Eternal armor, most boons, new arti mh and oh, other cheap blue gear = ilvl 2086 at rest in PE) I can achieve 21% on full sparks / 15% no sparks which is pretty dandy, except for the crawling pace of spark generation and oh hey! I'm totally weak! >w<

Do you have any insights on how they are overcoming the apparent weakness of the SW and the lack of reliable self-healing since, with the new life steal changes, the low dmg from DoT's only sometimes giving us health? Case in point: the ticks from DT; there are a dozen (figure of speech) of low-dmg ticks for a figure of make-believe 10k, and (for me at least) only a fifth of those if that I heal from which would equate to like 1.5k-2k (just a scenario, Other factors aren't taken into account). Even with make-believe 20 stacks of CD that gives me only an extra like 1 or 2k (totally bs number at this point). I hope that wasn't too convoluted.

I will be respeccing to HB Fury until this gets fixed, but I was dying way worse as an HB SW because of lack of defenses and low self-heals.

How do you overcome this inconvenience?

As a side note: OP is a great class to synergize with as I was knocking out seed of air and from the experience I can see how a healock can be a good (not great) support in dungeons with an OP in the party.

Sorry for the wall of text! May the nine hells guide you!
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Good to have both Paragons viable - not all classes have that luxury.
    Very true! :)

animalust wrote: »
    BOVA is the new Lifesteal, while Bargain, Blades and DreadTheft was always my favorite since mod 4, we know that it isnt the top DPS solution, but it is the "Im not gonna die from these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mobs" solution ^^

Just set it so you have BOVA up while Bargain and DT are on cool down, and using microdashes + Hellish Rebuke on each mob you are fighting, You will gain enough stacks of CD to keep your health up while waiting for Bargain and DT
    That is certainly a solid rotation, particularly as Blades of Vanquished Armies will trigger a mega <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of sparks for a Soulbinder. ;)

Alright Kolat, I made it to 70 with all of my vigils done!
    Congrats bro! *high five*
    Now that it's out of the way, I would like to take back my earlier statement and agree that it does indeed build too slow. I apologize because I'm the most humble person I know xP.
    Pffft... No worries bud, I've tested out many different things, and I'm constantly tweaking/changing as new things come to mind. It's a refining process, and really never perfected. The key is maintaining the ability/desire for change!
    Healock makes no sense right now with the way the capstone works (probably my only problem with the tree).
    I wouldn't say it 'makes no sense', play what you want. It's just gonna be the 5th party member chosen IMO.
    Do you have any insights on how they are overcoming the apparent weakness of the SW and the lack of reliable self-healing since, with the new life steal changes, the low dmg from DoT's only sometimes giving us health? Case in point: the ticks from DT; there are a dozen (figure of speech) of low-dmg ticks for a figure of make-believe 10k, and (for me at least) only a fifth of those if that I heal from which would equate to like 1.5k-2k (just a scenario, Other factors aren't taken into account). Even with make-believe 20 stacks of CD that gives me only an extra like 1 or 2k (totally bs number at this point). I hope that wasn't too convoluted.
    I understand your pain bud... My advice is simple, direct, and please know it's not snarky!

I advise to run dungeons with a DC, or Healing OP, in every single party you take.

I will be respeccing to HB Fury until this gets fixed, but I was dying way worse as an HB SW because of lack of defenses and low self-heals.

How do you overcome this inconvenience?
    You don't.

This build, for Mod 6, is a pure glass cannon. No ifs/ands/buts about it. It's the way I designed/built it. Just gotta roll with the punches and dish the pain right back at them! :cool:
    As a side note: OP is a great class to synergize with as I was knocking out seed of air and from the experience I can see how a healock can be a good (not great) support in dungeons with an OP in the party.
    I concur!
    Sorry for the wall of text! May the nine hells guide you!
    It's chill bud, no worries at all... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey all!

My apologies for the lack of updates, but I am reserving a lot of judgement/update space until 4/23 and when I am able to see if the Scourge Warlock receives any love/hate from the Devs...

Very close to that day now, so lets hope its lots of love! :cool: *crosses fingers*
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll give you guys some insight on lv 70 warlock.
    First, Fury is no longer an option for dps, i was fury sw until 2 days ago, my dps with full burning set(best set for sw on mod 6) with r8/ epics artifacts, legendary elemental mh epic oh, total ilv 2450, as a fury lock,i was outdps by tr/cw/gwf, then a guy talked to me and told me to change to Damnation, i realy did it, my dps got insane, now i can outdps everything, except on vt, cause mobs die too fast, and tr have huge advantage on that, on hit and they're near death, others dungeons, i din't found any other class that could outdps me, my actual record is 666k hit on soul puppet, and he hit fast, he normal hits are 64k with my debuffs, on party, it go to 150k as normal hit, and ususaly it hit for 350k and on boss past 600k, also provide me some defense cause he get all the agro from me, allowing me to keep dpsing the target.
    As fury, the cd take too long to do it's full damage, with makes my puppet outdps cd easily.
    As a side note, try to get the burning set, it's pvp set but stat wise it's the best option, t1/2 sets are too bad stat wise for a warlock, it more a tr stats than lock, we need life steal/recovery/crit/armor pen and a little power.
    Sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey all!

My apologies for the lack of updates, but I am reserving a lot of judgement/update space until 4/23 and when I am able to see if the Scourge Warlock receives any love/hate from the Devs...

Very close to that day now, so lets hope its lots of love! :cool: *crosses fingers*

Hope they don't nerf the damnation xD
  • Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    candinho2 wrote: »
    First, Fury is no longer an option for dps, i was fury sw until 2 days ago, my dps with full burning set(best set for sw on mod 6) with r8/ epics artifacts, legendary elemental mh epic oh, total ilv 2450, as a fury lock,i was outdps by tr/cw/gwf, then a guy talked to me and told me to change to Damnation, i realy did it, my dps got insane, now i can outdps everything, except on vt, cause mobs die too fast, and tr have huge advantage on that, on hit and they're near death, others dungeons, i din't found any other class that could outdps me, my actual record is 666k hit on soul puppet, and he hit fast, he normal hits are 64k with my debuffs, on party, it go to 150k as normal hit, and ususaly it hit for 350k and on boss past 600k, also provide me some defense cause he get all the agro from me, allowing me to keep dpsing the target.
    As fury, the cd take too long to do it's full damage, with makes my puppet outdps cd easily.
    As a side note, try to get the burning set, it's pvp set but stat wise it's the best option, t1/2 sets are too bad stat wise for a warlock, it more a tr stats than lock, we need life steal/recovery/crit/armor pen and a little power.

I call bull****, show me a video of 64k normal hits.
  • Options
    sellolk771sellolk771 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    candinho2 wrote: »

What feats / encounters you use?
    Scarecrow
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    666k hit on soul puppet

hm probably like hunter+OP , some classes build a deadly mix together i read, not sure if these bugs made it live
    wich enchants did you use?
    tbh a 666k hit from a puppet sounds like a bug imo, but take it as a gift and enjoy, since warlock is fcked in most cases in mod 6
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hm probably like hunter+OP , some classes build a deadly mix together i read, not sure if these bugs made it live
    wich enchants did you use?
    tbh a 666k hit from a puppet sounds like a bug imo, but take it as a gift and enjoy, since warlock is fcked in most cases in mod 6

Soul Puppets don't hit that hard.
    I was full Damnation until late last week. They do respectable DPS and they survive decently well but they're nowhere near that good. If they were, we would've all respec'd to Damnation.
    On the topic of Fury vs Damnation, they're both pretty similar in DPS output. However, Damnation will most likely put out less DPS in boss fights because the **** Puppet still gets stuck behind portals.
    On the topic of Hellbinder vs Soulbinder, Hellbinder wins by a landslide. The survivability of Soulbinder is still decent but since Soul Sparks haven't been touched since the paragon was released, it's still less DPS than Hellbinder. Ironically, I found myself building AP too fast to effectively use Soul Scorch unless it was right after Immolation Spirits.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.