Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: SpiritFire

This power does not follow the tooltip. I'm using an epic artifact weapon lv 60 which has 2000-2500 weapon damage and here is the damage min/max dealt by the SpiritFire ability 99/137. It should be 1000-1250 (50%)

wNjAaa0.png

I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time's healing does not benefit from increased incoming healing values such as regeneration annd incoming healing bonuses.

I will post the ACT logs later, sleep time here.

UPDATE: Scrap that, I mut've been tired when i was calculating yesterday. It does work with healing bonuses properly. See my post below for proof.

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for all the good info and bug reports, with data to show, denvald... Much appreciated! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ashfireburnashfireburn Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    denvald,
    I'd be curious to know what your lifesteal percentage/severity numbers are. I am wondering if that percentage is being calculated for the soul puppet, and then having the 15% applied.

Also with Spiritfire, I am wondering if the the feat is being calculated with an ArP of zero and the target's damage resistance being applied before taking damage.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Soul Puppet damage crits

The soul puppet never crits, it's damage is always roughly the same. It also does not contribute to action points. (That might be intended but it's worth mentionning)

zCaim9Q.png

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Tyranical Threat and Soul Puppet

The soul puppet does not redirect damage to other targets when attacking a target who's cursed with tyranical threat. As shown in the picture I should have redirected 50% of the soul puppet's damage and the numbers would have been much higher. However I used Essence Defiler to show you that the numbers were off, the damage from tyranical threat roughly equals to 50%(25%x2 targets) of Essence Defiler, and does not include the damage from wraith claw, my soul puppet damage.
    I am using the 25% tyranical threat curse with two targets to redirect damage on, this was tested on training dummies in dread ring.

JssamkP.png

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Warlock's Bargain Soul Link HP steal

The ability Warlock's Bargain does not benefit from incoming healing bonuses. (The actual health steal from the ability itself)

tiQYKsK.png

• Options
    edited March 2015
    denvald,
    I'd be curious to know what your lifesteal percentage/severity numbers are. I am wondering if that percentage is being calculated for the soul puppet, and then having the 15% applied.

Also with Spiritfire, I am wondering if the the feat is being calculated with an ArP of zero and the target's damage resistance being applied before taking damage.

Numbers respect your own ArP for both the soul puppet damage and abilities like spiritFire. (I tested earlier today). The small variations comes from minor buffs/debuffs going on. My ArP is 27.2% on Preview, I earlier calculated that dread ring monsters have 28% DR, which is accurate in this picture.
    Xfl5zzL.png

However companions use their own ArP for calculating damage. (If at all, don't think my companion had any ArP) So considering monsters upcoming very high DR I doubt striker companions will be very useful. Probably better to use support/healing companions.
    1y4x0uV.png

As for life steal severity, I have no high rank lifedrinker enchantment to test this, if you can send one to Zek@denvald on preview I will test it later.

• Options
    edited March 2015

This feat has terrible synergy with the 25k HP and no resistance the soul puppet has. If you intended the soul puppet to do some aggro management off the warlock you need to vastly increase it's resistances.

As things stands now I would rather have a 1000% decrease of aggro rather than increase, so that my puppet can live longer than 1 second and a half.

And this concludes my testing with Damnation for now. I might get into the other trees later but this one sounded like it needed the most attention, and I was right it seems.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    leveling a GWF atm i thought about my warlock and the ****ty spark-mechanic that just disappears fighting against sab TR f.e. , just build up 1 or 2 sparks infight with TR (hard work), and... pew gone in a second the moment the TR disappears for a while refilling his stealthbar in few seconds
    GWF determination reduces slowly, you build it up by getting hurt and you build it by doing damage (destroyer), having at least a backup in case of beeing in trouble, not that GWF can hold against TR very well, but please buff the spark mechanism, making them last a while, reducing slowly being out of fight, i don´t want an extra 20% buff or on top a 50% damage-buff that last for 25 seconds, no, only a few sparks that last a bit more than 1 second, lol, give me max 9% damagebuff, yipeee, and extraheal/deflect in case of beeing frequently oneshottet

18.12.2014, thats a buff imo:
    Destroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).

you get defencemechanism by dealing damage, the bar stays reducing very, very slowly, fills up by getting hurt, and in case of unstoppable you buff your damage 20% and on top of that get a 25 sec lasting 50% damage buff ! wow
  • Options
    drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ........X.X.........
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    Bug: Soul Puppet damage crits

The soul puppet never crits, it's damage is always roughly the same. It also does not contribute to action points. (That might be intended but it's worth mentionning)

zCaim9Q.png

Wraith Claw doesn't crit, it never has, nor do you get Action Point gain from it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

This feat has terrible synergy with the 25k HP and no resistance the soul puppet has. If you intended the soul puppet to do some aggro management off the warlock you need to vastly increase it's resistances.

As things stands now I would rather have a 1000% decrease of aggro rather than increase, so that my puppet can live longer than 1 second and a half.

And this concludes my testing with Damnation for now. I might get into the other trees later but this one sounded like it needed the most attention, and I was right it seems.

I have mentioned this before about this feat in a prior post . Even if the Puppet had more HP the premise of the feat is not a good one. As it stands now I wouldn't recommend allocating any feat points to this feat, unless things change most Damnation locks need to skip this feat entirely.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Forcing players to equip new gear with absurd amounts of HP just to not die in 1 hit. Of course the puppet would die in no time because it doesn't get to equip this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

The high HP gear needs to go and mob damage lowered. Already has enough imbalance between the glass cannons and the actual tanks who pile CON.
  • Options
    skpalantirskpalantir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sorry, if I am not the first, who writing that, but I am interested in new armor sets' stats. Why no one of the PVE armor items have lifesteal? NO ONE. Any item level, till 130 and to 137, only power, crit, restoration, armor penetration and defence. How do you think should live SW in temptation tree? Or you think, that temptation is only for PVP, which armor has lifesteal? Sorry, but I think it's wrong.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Scourge warlock dont have defensive mechanics at all compare to other classes i suggest when warlock sprint to get 50% deflection chance.
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ​ Scourge warlock dont have defensive mechanics at all compare to other classes i suggest whne warlock sprint to get 50% deflection chance.

Even better, put us on par with the rest of the class and make us not get hit while using out shift.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    skpalantir wrote: »
    Sorry, if I am not the first, who writing that, but I am interested in new armor sets' stats. Why no one of the PVE armor items have lifesteal? NO ONE. Any item level, till 130 and to 137, only power, crit, restoration, armor penetration and defence. How do you think should live SW in temptation tree? Or you think, that temptation is only for PVP, which armor has lifesteal? Sorry, but I think it's wrong.

I thought that quite odd myself when i was looking at the gear last night, maybe they just copied stats from another class gear, probably TR if so, as I have seen a few pieces of TR gear that match SW gear stat for stat in the past. I'm sure there's reasonably logical reason for this... yeah, logical... or maybe they just forgot that WE NEED LIFESTEAL TO SURVIVE.
  • Options
    arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After some playtesting, I don't think mod 6 SWs will be in QUITE the dire straights everyone thinks they will. HOWEVER, they will still be quite underpowered in the field of survivability and I have a set of suggestions concerning that. I'll organize them by category.

General: You recently took away a large chunk of Fury's damage doubling which was, in tandem with a Warlock's Bargain bug and Tyrannical Threat, putting a lot of Fury 'locks at the top of Paingiver. However, I don't think ALL that damage should leave the class. Please put a direct 20% damage boost back into the Fury tree. Maybe take out Daughter's Promise and switch things around, but put it where Temptation and Damnation warlocks can invest to get it. - As for GENERAL survivability, Blood Pact (heroic feat) could perhaps be changed for an AC-granting feat. No skimping- 3-5 points of AC, free, in addition to whatever new AC appears on gear. In addition, Warding Curse should not be a power relevant only in PvP; it should grant damage reduction vs. all targets, per cursed target.

Fury Tree: With the above suggestion, I don't think the Fury tree could hold any more changes.

Damnation Tree: Earlier in this thread, there's a parse for how much damage a Damnation warlock can do with a puppet up constantly. That said, bad luck will kill their puppet- a lot. A 20% damage boost that everyone could reach would buff them, but I DON'T think the puppet should get a hp boost. Mocking Spirit needs to be traded for something that isn't trash, maybe something that buffs defense in a serious way- like 5% UNAVOIDABLE damage reduction at max rank with puppet. This would put some serious oomph into the class for PvP; even if it's small, the allure of resisting piercing damage would draw players to the Damnation tree.

Temptation Tree: I always kinda thought Temptation could use work. As a solo spec, it's not as good as it could be. Before getting Accursed Diabolist (which massively boosted the amount of lifesteal for me), I had an awful time trying to solo the Well of Dragons lairs with my Temptation warlock. Doable, but costing 5-10 injury kits per- while boasting 17% lifesteal. With base lifesteal being made useless as a go-to stat (and trust me- it has been made useless), I don't think Temptation warlocks will have enough solo power alone, or enough survivability in groups, to be viable. Unless there's a major bug with the DR boost for Dreadtheft and the redirect for Warlock's Bargain, not even stacking on those keeps my Hellbringer/Temptation alive (fighting mobs scaled up from 60, in WoD).

WHAT TO DO about Temptation Tree: A new category, so you can skip the 'why' ramble. I think Temptation warlocks should be given a feat- perhaps not added to their capstone, put in reach if another spec puts ALL their points after their capstone toward Temptation- that either massively increases their lifesteal chance toward cursed targets or gives them back old lifesteal against cursed targets. This would put some solo power back into the class.

Anyway, that's what I have to say on the SW class. I don't like the 'feel' of any other classes as much, and I desperately want this one to be viable; it has been stated, in other threads at least, that without some changes most SW players will simply be shunned from groups- squishier than a TR and 'average' DPS will never be welcome in groups.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    arakk00 wrote: »

Temptation Tree: I always kinda thought Temptation could use work. As a solo spec, it's not as good as it could be. Before getting Accursed Diabolist (which massively boosted the amount of lifesteal for me), I had an awful time trying to solo the Well of Dragons lairs with my Temptation warlock. Doable, but costing 5-10 injury kits per- while boasting 17% lifesteal. With base lifesteal being made useless as a go-to stat (and trust me- it has been made useless), I don't think Temptation warlocks will have enough solo power alone, or enough survivability in groups, to be viable. Unless there's a major bug with the DR boost for Dreadtheft and the redirect for Warlock's Bargain, not even stacking on those keeps my Hellbringer/Temptation alive (fighting mobs scaled up from 60, in WoD).

I have had greater success with my SB Templock than my HB fury hands down on the test server, once you get those spark built its smooth sailing as long as you keep damage flowing and don't stand in the middle of everything. But i have yet to hit 70 on her and watch everything drop drastically.
    WHAT TO DO about Temptation Tree: A new category, so you can skip the 'why' ramble. I think Temptation warlocks should be given a feat- perhaps not added to their capstone, put in reach if another spec puts ALL their points after their capstone toward Temptation- that either massively increases their lifesteal chance toward cursed targets or gives them back old lifesteal against cursed targets. This would put some solo power back into the class.

I had offered a similar suggestion a while back about the general state of the SW class and LS, that putting a curse on a target should up the LS chance by at least 5%, maybe done how damage is done... 12% overall, divided by number of cursed targets. It would be a fair way to give all SW back the LS that they NEED to survive solo. I def think it would be a great "sorry for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> your class" gesture.
    Anyway, that's what I have to say on the SW class. I don't like the 'feel' of any other classes as much, and I desperately want this one to be viable; it has been stated, in other threads at least, that without some changes most SW players will simply be shunned from groups- squishier than a TR and 'average' DPS will never be welcome in groups.

Not that I don't like the feel of other classes, but I agree that SW is the best fit for me, and want the same... viability. Kinda half feels like the best part of the game for me has gone downhill big time. Especially since we will be passed over as a class for groups in a new mod that all but requires groups for everything.
  • Options
    skpalantirskpalantir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sorry, wasn't right in my post
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Scourge warlocks are described as striker leaders, but none of the base scourge warlock abilities grant leader type class abilities.
    All the heal abilities are personal - vampiric embrace, warlocks bargain, accursed souls - and no better then the powers of striker controller classes such as HR or striker defender classes such as GWF or defender controller class GF. As a striker controller we should have better personal healing then these other classes before considering paragon paths, and they should have an AOE option.

They also don't have many powers with debuffs or buffing abilities that are not personal. Dreadtheft will buff our resistance but not the resistance of those around us. It also debuffs the resistance of a cursed target by 5% the debuff does not stack, and is basically the same as the TRs at will ability sly flourish. Warding Curse debuffs the targets damage vs you alone rather then debuffing damage for all players, which would make it a leader type class feature rather then a selfish - and weak - class feature.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

It would be nice if our life steal severity (such as using a lifed rinker high ranked enchantments) would be factored in for the temptation capstone.

Currently it does not do anything with it, you heal a % of your LS chance. How about boosting it by 20% if you have 120% life steal severity? That would be a nice add I think

• Options
    edited March 2015

It would be nice if our life steal severity (such as using a lifed rinker high ranked enchantments) would be factored in for the temptation capstone.

Currently it does not do anything with it, you heal a % of your LS chance. How about boosting it by 20% if you have 120% life steal severity? That would be a nice add I think

I'd rather have more dependable LS than higher healing LS that never procs.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I most definitely have to agree with this. I had no choice but to change out of my Draconic Templar set at L61 into the blue eternal set just to get enough life to stay alive. I have 27.6% LS Proc chance and still can barely survive any encounter my level or greater.

I have yet to find any group where I can really test the group healing of my Temp SW, but if it is as bad as my person healing, then 30% of the healing I do to groups with AoE attcks is definitely not going to be enough to the low proc level of LS.

It just gets worse the closer you get to 70, I haven't had a chance to test my templock out in group either, doesn't seem to be too many people on test, or they are all hiding very well.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Well the accumulation of Soul Sparks for Soulbinder is a bit slower after this patch... I believe they fixed an issue where Sparks were generated from DoTs and now they are not. *sad panda face*

Oh well, back to the drawing board... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Well the accumulation of Soul Sparks for Soulbinder is a bit slower after this patch... I believe they fixed an issue where Sparks were generated from DoTs and now they are not. *sad panda face*

Oh well, back to the drawing board... lol

I wasn't getting spark from DOT's before this last patch, and yes it feels slower...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    I wasn't getting spark from DOT's before this last patch, and yes it feels slower...
    Ok, maybe it wasn't from DoTs, that was a guess on my part...lol

Either way it IS slower. So I'll be experimenting back with Hellbringer then. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ok, maybe it wasn't from DoTs, that was a guess on my part...lol

Either way it IS slower. So I'll be experimenting back with Hellbringer then. :cool:

I have one of each and the HB fury isn't doing any better, still comes down to survivability, which falls short thanks to the changes they made. That silly 400:1 @ 70, well.. its just wrong when it seriously diminishes our ability to even survive the initial blows of an encounter.
This discussion has been closed.