What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I think Hellbringer does better damage as Combat Advantage is gauranteed with No Pity, No Mercy. Also the ability of Flames of Empowerment for extra damage helps a bit.... Might just need to be 'glass cannon' DPS for the party, and use boons for defensive abilities and such...

Will be testing that out. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I think Hellbringer does better damage as Combat Advantage is gauranteed with No Pity, No Mercy. Also the ability of Flames of Empowerment for extra damage helps a bit.... Might just need to be 'glass cannon' DPS for the party, and use boons for defensive abilities and such...

Will be testing that out. :)

The problem ive had with no pity, and why ive stopped using it... @ 70 you have to bump your crit incredibly high to get a good crit rate unless you dumped everything into cha. I know there's always a way to survive, but it seems like a lot of the SWs options were removed, unless you completely dump some stats to beef up others to a viable level.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My Crit chance is 37ish percent... Doing just fine here. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My Crit chance is 37ish percent... Doing just fine here. :)

Is that you crit chance @ 70?
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So i just ran Biggrin with a CW friend..

Me Temptation SW L66, CW 60 both scaled to 70.

I do about 1.5 mil dmg, Soul Bonding gives 14,903 HP to CW.

Conclusion - SW Temptation Capstone is simply an offensive joke.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    glarty wrote: »
    So i just ran Biggrin with a CW friend..

Me Temptation SW L66, CW 60 both scaled to 70.

I do about 1.5 mil dmg, Soul Bonding gives 14,903 HP to CW.

Conclusion - SW Temptation Capstone is simply an offensive joke.

That doesn't tell us much, you could have r5's in every slot for all we know :P
    I still haven't been able to really put my templock to the test as a healer, unless you count random npcs in heroics and they seemed to heal fairly well as I did damage.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015

So now we do 30% of healing on AoE and our healing was taken from 125% LS to 100% LS value. Because currently having 30% life steal chance means you heal 125% of that 30% with soul bonding but now in mod 6 having 30% life steal chance you get flat 30% healing from 30%. Why was temptation capstone nerfed again? Not just that, but Life Steal severity does not influence soul bonding. And it Should.

Life Steal severity should affect soul bonding in a way.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Soul Sparks are a critical aspect of the Soulbinder warlock. Much like determination, it helps us do damage and be more effective in combat. Yet the speed at which we lose sparks is completely overwhelming. Out of combat one second? You're out! Building up sparks is even slower in mod 6 because of lower crit chance. And I think it's appropriate to bring a change to how fast we lose sparks.

How about 1 spark per second out of combat? That sounds more reasonable. So if you rush one group to the next you might lose 4-5 sparks instead of losing ALL of them within a split second.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    denvald wrote: »

Soul Sparks are a critical aspect of the Soulbinder warlock. Much like determination, it helps us do damage and be more effective in combat. Yet the speed at which we lose sparks is completely overwhelming. Out of combat one second? You're out! Building up sparks is even slower in mod 6 because of lower crit chance. And I think it's appropriate to bring a change to how fast we lose sparks.

How about 1 spark per second out of combat? That sounds more reasonable. So if you rush one group to the next you might lose 4-5 sparks instead of losing ALL of them within a split second.

I've always felt the same about how fast the spark is used once combat ends, I would be ok with it being a 5 sec delay... feels like enough time to either make it to the next mob or you should start over. The thought of having it slowly drip away is a nice idea as well, and i could definitely get on board with it.

In the meantime, just leave a weak mob trailing you, keep spark full and you Regen through spark more than they hit you for. Kill the old weak mob and leave a fresh one trailing so you don't rubber band them and viola you can just walk around full spark all day long.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015

yes i also pointed at this problem
    i level a destroyer GWF his capstone gives him a 50% bonus damage buff last vor 25 sec. !
    and determination reduces very slow, so you keep your damage buff for 25 Seconds! Warlock only gets 9% buff + selfheal, but uit disappears in a second ??

so lets delete the stealthbar from TR when out of combat- force them to learn to play their class
    or delete determinationbar when out of combat 50% extradamage gone in case of destroyer
    or divinity from DC, puff gone (they build it up in 3 seconds btw)
    all these classes keep their advantage and carry it arround to make use of it when needed but SB Warlock ? .........loloololol
    playing a so called "weak " class, on top of that, in case of getting the 30 sparks up in ac 15 seconds (no class needs that long i guess) u lose all in one second? all?
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did a bit of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around on Preview. My observations are from the perspective of a PvE-based Damnation Soulbinder.

All I have to say is: Lol.
    There were a lot of problems with the design and application of this class that the community has been reporting for a long time. Mod 6 fixed nearly none of them.
    Can I get my Zen/AD back on this character?
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    There were a lot of problems with the design and application of this class that the community has been reporting for a long time. Mod 6 fixed nearly none of them.

Well they did make all paragons equal now, they all under perform equally.
    TT nerf'd, Fury capstone nerf'd, Temptation capstone nerf'd (might be the biggest nerf the ever), core defense mechanic nerf'd without compensation, CON bonus has minimal effect @L70.

I wonder if they will treat the Paladin the same way in 2 modules time.

It just seems like months of player feedback isn't getting through.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well they did make all paragons equal now, they all under perform equally.
    TT nerf'd, Fury capstone nerf'd, Temptation capstone nerf'd (might be the biggest nerf the ever), core defense mechanic nerf'd without compensation, CON bonus has minimal effect @L70.

I wonder if they will treat the Paladin the same way in 2 modules time.

It just seems like months of player feedback isn't getting through.

It makes me sad to see my FAVORITE class get destroyed with no remorse whatsoever.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At the very least SW needs to fill sparks rapidly and lose them very slowly. And I know, that is only for soulbinder. But it is a start. Those sparks make a huge difference when full, but good luck getting them there and keeping them when they are full.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not giving up just yet...

Suggestion - Life Steal chance
    Add 1 or 2% for for each point of Char over 10.

A healing class gets the option of 1% healing per ability point over 10.
    A tank class gets the option of greater % HP and Paly 0.5% DR point over 10 than other classes..
    Why CW has Int (Damage Increase) as primary when they are "Control" Wizard is why things have gone so wrong with this class.
    Wisdom should be their Primary, or call them DW and be done with it.
    (please no trolling about this in SW feedback thread, just mentioned to reinforce my idea about ability score distribution)

Adding 1% LS chance(or 2%) per 1 Char over 10 would make so many things better for all paragons and paths.
    This must be the simplest way to improve SW situation technically (eg 20 char -> +10% LS Chance) without unexpected consequences.
    This will benefit the whole class, all paragons and paths without prejudice.
    (please make comments about this point only, thnx ppl)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not giving up just yet...

Suggestion - Life Steal chance
    Add 1 or 2% for for each point of Char over 10.

A healing class gets the option of 1% healing per ability point over 10.
    A tank class gets the option of greater % HP and Paly 0.5% DR point over 10 than other classes..
    Why CW has Int (Damage Increase) as primary when they are "Control" Wizard is why things have gone so wrong with this class.
    Wisdom should be their Primary, or call them DW and be done with it.
    (please no trolling about this in SW feedback thread, just mentioned to reinforce my idea about ability score distribution)

Adding 1% LS chance(or 2%) per 1 Char over 10 would make so many things better for all paragons and paths.
    This must be the simplest way to improve SW situation technically (eg 20 char -> +10% LS Chance) without unexpected consequences.
    This will benefit the whole class, all paragons and paths without prejudice.
    (please make comments about this point only, thnx ppl)

I was thinking something similar, except getting rid of the now useless CON HP bonus and replacing it with LS % per point.
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    I was thinking something similar, except getting rid of the now useless CON HP bonus and replacing it with LS % per point.

This!

/10chars
  • Options
    arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Feedback: Temptation warlocks need at least 50% healing on AoE abilities. 30% is too low, honestly 100% is worth the price of the DPS other specs can bring in. As a DoT healer SW, I need spells like Harrowstorm and Dreadtheft putting out reliable healing over time, it's the only way to possibly compete with other healers in terms of EFFECTIVE HEALING (slow cast times make burst healing as needed a BAD IDEA). I also agree with giving ability scores lifesteal chance, and would suggest further compensating the class with higher BASE DAMAGE if a survivability tweak isn't given.
    tl;dr: I agree with the above, think Temptation nerf is unfair to -real- healer-warlocks.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was able to test my current live build some on preview. My findings are a bit different then the gloom and doom. To make it more live I only upgraded my enchants 1 rank, and no I currently do not have all rank 10 on live. I do not use the AD gear set. I have quite a bit of defense for a SW. Also I have a few choices that are not the standard in skills, abilities, feats or gear. I am Hellfire fury speced.

Yes the changes to LS seemed like it was gonna hurt, it really did not. You have to be more proactive with dodges ( which I think could be improved for SWs)

You have to be more proactive with potions.

My DPS did not suffer, in fact I was able to pull the same DPS or better then I do on live. For example did a "hard" new Cragmire Crypt ( before it was "toned down some". We wiped 6 times on the boss and called it. In this run I forget how many times I died and how many times everyone else died. I dished out 199 million total damage. Trust me NO ONE was even remotely close to the my DPS or damage.

The rest of the group were in BIS, and I was still using my current live gear other then the new upgraded gear. ( MH, OH, and Cloak) They had over 100k HPs etc, and I only had 46k HPs. In wipes I was pretty much the last man standing still fighting.

Essentially, the class has gone from any monkey who can mash buttons can get huge dps, to a class that requires skill, work, paying attention and being proactive. You have to actually think.

/edit the reason I have not been able to test more extensively like previous mods is I moved and my PSU went out took parts of my PC with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cayapp wrote: »
    I was able to test my current live build some on preview. My findings are a bit different then the gloom and doom. To make it more live I only upgraded my enchants 1 rank, and no I currently do not have all rank 10 on live. I do not use the AD gear set. I have quite a bit of defense for a SW. Also I have a few choices that are not the standard in skills, abilities, feats or gear. I am Hellfire fury speced.

Yes the changes to LS seemed like it was gonna hurt, it really did not. You have to be more proactive with dodges ( which I think could be improved for SWs)

You have to be more proactive with potions.

My DPS did not suffer, in fact I was able to pull the same DPS or better then I do on live. For example did a "hard" new Cragmire Crypt ( before it was "toned down some". We wiped 6 times on the boss and called it. In this run I forget how many times I died and how many times everyone else died. I dished out 199 million total damage. Trust me NO ONE was even remotely close to the my DPS or damage.

The rest of the group were in BIS, and I was still using my current live gear other then the new upgraded gear. ( MH, OH, and Cloak) They had over 100k HPs etc, and I only had 46k HPs. In wipes I was pretty much the last man standing still fighting.

Essentially, the class has gone from any monkey who can mash buttons can get huge dps, to a class that requires skill, work, paying attention and being proactive. You have to actually think.

Just out of curiosity, what lvl did u do this at? Have you played it @ 70?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just out of curiosity, what lvl did u do this at? Have you played it @ 70?

70...actual...I used copied tomes of exp to fast lvl my SW up. Everyone was actual lvl 70...have to be 70 to use the new Mod 6 gear, such as the new MH and OH anyhow.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    70...actual...I used copied tomes of exp to fast lvl my SW up. Everyone was actual lvl 70...have to be 70 to use the new Mod 6 gear, such as the new MH and OH anyhow.

Good call on the tomes! and thats what I get for reading with my eyes closed, missed the part about you using the Mh Oh and Cloak.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Good call on the tomes! and thats what I get for reading with my eyes closed, missed the part about you using the Mh Oh and Cloak.

All I am saying is it not as bad as people think...just gonna require new skillsets and new playstyles. It is gonna be rougher on every one and I mean every class. If you were a SW totally dependent on the AD armor set for your DPS you will have to adjust or fall to the wayside. Sorry that is the way it is.

I mean I wanted the preview testing to be as close as to what I would have on live...so did not go crazy with upgrading enchants. I wanted it to be realisitc. I figured one rank upgrading would be close to how my toon would be for the next 6 months, and of course having the new mod 6 MH< OH, and Neck
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    All I am saying is it not as bad as people think...just gonna require new skillsets and new playstyles. It is gonna be rougher on every one and I mean every class. If you were a SW totally dependent on the AD armor set for your DPS you will have to adjust or fall to the wayside. Sorry that is the way it is.

I mean I wanted the preview testing to be as close as to what I would have on live...so did not go crazy with upgrading enchants. I wanted it to be realisitc. I figured one rank upgrading would be close to how my toon would be for the next 6 months, and of course having the new mod 6 MH< OH, and Neck

Yeah, I was trying to say the same thing a few weeks ago, that it isn't that bad. 60-70 is a shortened version of 0-60 and feels much like that, you start out weak, get strong, move on to next part... rinse, repeat until 70.

The last toon SW I took to 70 I did the same thing, but I upgraded nothing, it was a full on trial run for release, it took me less than 2 days, died a lot of course. I actually ditched my gvorp for a lesser lifedrinker too, which made a huge difference in survivability for me because I'm not as tanky as I was in mod5
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I was trying to say the same thing a few weeks ago, that it isn't that bad. 60-70 is a shortened version of 0-60 and feels much like that, you start out weak, get strong, move on to next part... rinse, repeat until 70.

The last toon SW I took to 70 I did the same thing, but I upgraded nothing, it was a full on trial run for release, it took me less than 2 days, died a lot of course. I actually ditched my gvorp for a lesser lifedrinker too, which made a huge difference in survivability for me because I'm not as tanky as I was in mod5

I did not try the Lifedrinker out...but if I get a few more things done on live before tuesday I will have to check it out. Thank god my new GPU will be here Monday...and the last of my PC issues will be fixed. The PSU going splat was a good thing as the SO agreed to let me buy a AMD R9 290x to replace the one (4 years old AMD HD 7770) that went out...since I can't xfire anymore. The other GPU was damaged as well it just artifacts in games and an occasional crash...but I can manage until then.

If the "new" SW is played right then the SW will still be king of DPS. But that is a big IF. Right now I doubt most of the SW's will be able to adjust. I can live with that since we have no other utility.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I did not try the Lifedrinker out...but if I get a few more things done on live before tuesday I will have to check it out. Thank god my new GPU will be here Monday...and the last of my PC issues will be fixed. The PSU going splat was a good thing as the SO agreed to let me buy a AMD R9 290x to replace the one (4 years old AMD HD 7770) that went out...since I can't xfire anymore. The other GPU was damaged as well it just artifacts in games and an occasional crash...but I can manage until then.

If the "new" SW is played right then the SW will still be king of DPS. But that is a big IF. Right now I doubt most of the SW's will be able to adjust. I can live with that since we have no other utility.

Ouch, sorry to hear about the hardware issue, I had to replace my dual GPU setup recently and the best I could do at the time was a 7790... which isnt bad, especially for the money.

Yeah, SW can still hit pretty darn HARD in mod 6 when you build right. As far as adjusting, it does take a bit but its more of an adjustment in tactics than anything, I'm still using the same powers, at-wills, and class features that I was in mod 5.

I can toss a Lifedrinker at you on test if you would like to check it out, I have a few sitting around.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ouch, sorry to hear about the hardware issue, I had to replace my dual GPU setup recently and the best I could do at the time was a 7790... which isnt bad, especially for the money.

Yeah, SW can still hit pretty darn HARD in mod 6 when you build right. As far as adjusting, it does take a bit but its more of an adjustment in tactics than anything, I'm still using the same powers, at-wills, and class features that I was in mod 5.

I can toss a Lifedrinker at you on test if you would like to check it out, I have a few sitting around.

Thanks I actually have some each each on preview. I should be able test it out sometimes today. Now back to bed and sleep.

Well I am getting a R9 290x PowerColor PCS+ AXR9 290X 4GBD5-PPDHE. So I am quite excited. No the HD 7770 and 7790 run like champs, much better then most people imagine.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks I actually have some each each on preview. I should be able test it out sometimes today. Now back to bed and sleep.

Well I am getting a R9 290x PowerColor PCS+ AXR9 290X 4GBD5-PPDHE. So I am quite excited. No the HD 7770 and 7790 run like champs, much better then most people imagine.

That my friend, is an awe inspiring card.
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The capstone only effects allies. The temptation capstone should allow the SW to heal himself for X% of damage based on his life steal stat. As it is currently a hellbringer would have extremely poor self healing even if he took the capstone in this tree.

Hope Stealer was not adjusted for the new stat curve so it' provides a miniscule increase to life steal chance.

Dust to dust doesn't restore ap when you leave combat if you are under the effect of TT please change it to remove the TT first and then restore the AP.
  • Options
    forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
This discussion has been closed.