test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock Cap Raise

rrshendevrrshendev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
Greetings Adventurers!

In conjunction with the forthcoming raise to the level cap, each class will see additions and adjustments. This content will gradually be made available on our preview shard. As it becomes available we would very much like to collect your feedback!

This thread will be focused on the Scourge Warlock. Initially only new class features and feats will be made available, however this thread will be updated alongside the preview shard in the future.

Class Features
The following class features will become available at 60 points.

All-Consuming Curse - Your critical strikes now have a 33% chance to apply Lesser Curse. Rank: +33% Chance.

Dark Prayers - While you are below 30% health you gain 5% Damage Resistance and 1% Life Steal. Rank: +2.5% Damage Resistance, +1% Life Steal

Feats
The following feats will become available after investing 10 paragon points into the corresponding tree. Feats previously available at 10 points have been moved to 15, those available at 15 have been moved to 20, and so on.

Fury:
A - Infernal Wrath - Your Lesser Curse also causes the target to have 1/2/3/4/5% less damage resistance.

B - Helltouched - When a foe deals damage to you they become Helltouched for 10 seconds. Foes who are Helltouched take 2/4/6/8/10% more damage from you.

Damnation:

A - Mocking Spirit - Your Soul Puppet now deals 200/400/600/800/1000% more threat.

B - Spiritfire - Foes near your Soul Puppet now also take damage 10/20/30/40/50% of your Weapon Damage as damage every second.

Temptation:

A - Dark Revelry - When your Life Steal there is a chance to gain Revelry. Revelry increases the Move Speed and Power of nearby allies by 4/8/12/16/20% for 5 seconds.

B - Soul Breaker - When a foe dies within 30' of the Warlock, a random nearby ally gains 2/4/6/8/10% of their AP.
Post edited by rrshendev on

Comments

• Options
    rrshendevrrshendev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feedback

We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can tweak the Scourge Warlock in PVE and performance in PVP. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)

Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.

(Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:

Bug: Destroyer

Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damage.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.

Please try to play for a few hours to get used to new powers. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Moderator Notice:

As with all other such threads, please restrict your posts to useable feedback in the format requested. The devs are looking for numbers and figures to tweak the changes before live release. Parses and ACT logs are helpful in this matter, as are screenshots. Also, be aware that posting your text in cyan does not automatically tag it as valid feedback--the content of your post must be constructive feedback.

Attacks on another poster's feedback or opinion, or anything not related to your experience with the changes posted to this thread will be moderated accordingly without further public notice. Posts based on conjecture without valid testing, where applicable, will be removed.

To ensure that the devs get the feedback in a logical and orderly manner, we're having to enforce this rather strictly. Please do make sure that your feedback is in the format specified in the opening posts of this thread, or it will be moved.

Please do not respond to or reply to this notice, but use the PM system to address your concerns, per Rules of Conduct, Section V.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Question: Many SW Abilities are either Completely useless, and some like Harrowstorm which take way to long to cast, is there any plans to increase SW Cast Speed/ Reduce Cast animation?

(Think how much faster CW is, and TR's Dazing Strike, Screams unfair and Unbalanced)
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Damnation Feats

I decided to test out the new damnation feats, and was thoroughly disappointed with their performance. The puppet cannot hold aggro with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, suggesting that Mocking Spirit doesn't work at all, and Spiritfire is doing absolutely miniscule damage. My average weapon damage is 800 (give or take a few points) meaning the spirit should be doing around 400 damage every second with spiritfire,but instead i'm seeing numbers closer to 90. 130 with combat advantage.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feedback Fury

Lifesteal in the new zone still feels insanely high. Was pretty much completely immortal still. It's hard to tell without testing the new group content but lifesteal severity probably needs a severe nerf to perhaps 50% instead of 100%.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Going to say this again: If your "feedback" consists of skimming the provided notes and giving your opinion based on those notes, it isn't helping anyone. Please base your feedback on actual play with the proposed changes on the preview server. Also, please follow the provided format for feedback/bugs or your post will be removed (this includes refraining from arguing over the feedback provided by others--this is not a debate or discussion thread!!), as per the moderator note posted at both the beginning of this thread AND the stickied "please read before posting" thread at the top of the Preview feedback forum.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Dark Revelry

Dark Revelery does not apply it's bonuses to me nor my allies nearby. I can see the buff on my buff bar and my friend's buff bar, but it doesn't show any difference on my character sheet, and I did not experience any increased movement speed (me nor my friend testing with me)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Dark Prayers
    Dark Prayers apply it's Life steal bonus appropriately, however I did not see any change in damage resistance while the buff was active

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Bug: All consuming curse
    The tooltip has missing text (no explanation of the ability and some other missing texts)
    All-Consuming Curse - Your critical strikes now have a 33% chance to apply Lesser Curse. Rank: +33% Chance.
    Assuming this is the correct effect for the ability, here's the list of bugs I found for it.

1. The class features continues being in effect even if the ability is not slotted.
    2. The ability procs on crits properly, however when it procs the lesser curse proc'd in this way deals no damage to the enemy.
    3. When it procs it causes enemies to have a really WEIRD animation lag (I cannot upload video to show you). It looks like the monster taking damage every split second, it's a massive spam of damage taking animation that continues even I am not dealing damage to the monster.
    4. This ability causes another weird bug, it seems to proc an infinite amount of non existing damage for each time the monster has it's animation bug.
    Let me explain, since this is proc'd on a crit, a crit grants me a soul spark, and when this ability procs my soul spark bars fills itself aproximately as fast as the animation bug.(In less than 4 seconds my bar goes from empty to full, literally) Which leads me to think there is some non existing damage logs going on that proc's my soul sparks very rapidly. I have also tested draining my soul sparks very fast with soul scorch, everytime I used it my soul sparks would keep regenerating about the same speed as the animation bug hits.
    5. The symbol is usually green for lesser curse procs, and deals damage. This class feature procs a blue symbol and deals no damage (on top of the aforementioned bugs). Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Sorry for the long post, I thought this information would help you find the source of the problem

• Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    The tooltip has missing text (no explanation of the ability and some other missing texts)
    Assuming this is the correct effect for the ability, here's the list of bugs I found for it.

1. The class features continues being in effect even if the ability is not slotted.
    2. The ability procs on crits properly, however when it procs the lesser curse proc'd in this way deals no damage to the enemy.
    3. When it procs it causes enemies to have a really WEIRD animation lag (I cannot upload video to show you). It looks like the monster taking damage every split second, it's a massive spam of damage taking animation that continues even I am not dealing damage to the monster.
    4. This ability causes another weird bug, it seems to proc an infinite amount of non existing damage for each time the monster has it's animation bug.
    Let me explain, since this is proc'd on a crit, a crit grants me a soul spark, and when this ability procs my soul spark bars fills itself aproximately as fast as the animation bug.(In less than 4 seconds my bar goes from empty to full, literally) Which leads me to think there is some non existing damage logs going on that proc's my soul sparks very rapidly. I have also tested draining my soul sparks very fast with soul scorch, everytime I used it my soul sparks would keep regenerating about the same speed as the animation bug hits.
    5. The symbol is usually green for lesser curse procs, and deals damage. This class feature procs a blue symbol and deals no damage (on top of the aforementioned bugs). Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Sorry for the long post, I thought this information would help you find the source of the problem

Happened to me also. Log off/on did not clear the class feature nor did exiting the application. The animation is I believe the creature giving up soul sparks and something is some how spawning infinite soul sparks. edit: not infinite.

I'm a fury specced soulbinder. slotted class features were dust and all consuming curse. does not matter which encounter it's used with.

BUG: Dust to Dust (class feature)

Does not work as intended. I max'd soul sparks and slotted the one that heals every 2 seconds and then kited enemies. I did not recieve any AP gain for at least 30-45 seconds.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Question: Are we allowed to post feedback about already existing abilities or would you rather we focus feedback ONLY on new ones?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Feat Trees

Investing 10 points in the Fury or Damnation feat tree allows us to skip the new row of abilities and go directly to the 4th row.
    Note: the Temptation tree seems to be working fine.

Will add screenshots later, uploads not working right now

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Bug:Helltouched

This feat doesn't do anything, it does not proc, and has no effect

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Spirit Fire
    This ability is supposed to deal 50% of weapon damage, my weapon damage is 800 something, and the ability deals 73 damage every second.

• Options
    edited January 2015

I really like mocking spirit, it really does hold agro well as far as my testing went.
    Spirit Fire needs a buff IMO, this damage is too low.
    Damnation never quite fitted between Fury being so much better damage and Temptation being so much of a party support.

But this Mocking Spirit ability gives me an idea that could turn damnation into a really interesting spec to take. Why not give the capstone the ability to spawn a second soul puppet and have two at the same time? More over, I would make spirit fire deal 100% weapon damage AoE instead of 50%, 50% feels too low. Since this damage is actually an AoE the soul puppets could serve as some sort of tank by agro'ing monsters from you.

One step further, Sparkbinder, the feat for soulbinders. I could see this working in synergy with spirit Fire and Mocking Spirit.

Suggested effect => Sparkbinder: Increases the duration of Immolation spirit by 5 seconds, the summoned spirits gain the same benefits/buffs that the soul puppet gains from the damnation feat tree abilities you choose.

Having potentially two soul puppets out and being able to summon 2 more spirits who all have some little buffs like 100% weapon damage every second as an AoE and take some agro because of mocking spirit's 1000% increase in damage and the other feats in that tree that applies to soul puppets sounds much more competitive to Fury's DPS and temptation's Support. Because your spirits serve as meat shields and soak up damage for your party and have some niche buffs for you to enjoy too.

The Soul Puppets themselves are sorta squishy, I would double their hit points bar so they can take more punishment, or add some sort of combat regen to them so that they can take more punishment

I really like Damnation, however it's so out of league with temptation and Fury that I can't lead myself to playing it, making some or all of those changes would be a step in the direction of rebalancing that tree with the other two IMO

Anyways those are just my ideas, you guys are free to pick anything should you like it and think they are good ideas. Thanks for reading :)

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Question: Are we allowed to post feedback about already existing abilities or would you rather we focus feedback ONLY on new ones?
    For anything NOT contained in the Original Post of a given Official Feedback Sticky AND which you have not tested, please make a new thread or find one someone else has already made. These Official Stickies are ONLY for the requested feedback and ONLY in the format stated in the 2nd post in each thread. I made a sticky last night on this specifically. Please read it also. Thanks!

Sticky: Official Feedback Threads - Read THIS Before Posting In Them Please! Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A - Infernal Wrath - Your Lesser Curse also causes the target to have 1/2/3/4/5% less damage resistance.

B - Helltouched - When a foe deals damage to you they become Helltouched for 10 seconds. Foes who are Helltouched take 2/4/6/8/10% more damage from you.

These 2 feats are very useless, first because lesser curse on fury spect is almost impossible, Second, SW has very poor survivability, wich means on pvp that 10% damage increase will come after we're dead, so not usefull at all, we dont need a dmage feat when we're dead. Also if you Dev's haven't noticed, SW need to avoid damage, not jump to it.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    candinho2 wrote: »

These 2 feats are very useless, first because lesser curse on fury spect is almost impossible, Second, SW has very poor survivability, wich means on pvp that 10% damage increase will come after we're dead, so not usefull at all, we dont need a dmage feat when we're dead. Also if you Dev's haven't noticed, SW need to avoid damage, not jump to it.

REF Feedback Helltouched:

the new class feature gives you lesser curse on crit which is VERY possible on Fury build. Plus as a soulbinder Fury we dont have any class features that are especially useful. Meaning this feat + all consuming curse is very welcome. Please limit your opinions to your own experience and build. except for the fact that SW is majorly borked on preview, I had no problems surviving. thanks.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yesterday i have had the chance to visit the Preview Shard and in my opinion i did see the light in the end of the tunnel.

A want to talk about the new* LIFE STEAL system and how does it effect the Scourge Warlock. To be honest the Warlock PvP wise at the very moment is a useless garbage, actually a 6th member to the enemy team. (-> Have no CC, no dodge/cc break and a situational damage burst.)

The new Life Steal mechanism which is give us the chance to steal 100% of damage dealt as a heal will be salvation and in the same time a curse to the Scourge Walrock class.

- at level 70 from heroic and paragon feats the SW can have 1015 life steal rate
    (no boons are calculated here)
    - Mechanic Soul Spark with Hellish Condemnation feat give us 0,13% life steal/spark
    (30 s. spark is 3,9% life steal)
    - Warlock Bargain with my understanding also give us a huge life steal boost.
    I do not know the proper numbers but the tooltip says +12,5% life steal at Rank 2 and Rank 3
    - The new* Dark Prayers class feature below 50% health is another 3% life steal

- I dont wish to list all the life steal boons here but i must mention two of them:
    Dread Ring (Endless Consumption) When you steal health from your life steal stat, it has a chance to steal 3 times as much
    Tyranny of Dragons (Dragon's Thirst) 5% life steal

Overall it looks like the SW going to turn out to be a Life Steal monster, but is it intended or is it just an another form of hell and all of my hopes are in vain?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    atriar wrote: »
    Yesterday i have had the chance to visit the Preview Shard and in my opinion i did see the light in the end of the tunnel.

A want to talk about the new* LIFE STEAL system and how does it effect the Scourge Warlock. To be honest the Warlock PvP wise at the very moment is a useless garbage, actually a 6th member to the enemy team. (-> Have no CC, no dodge/cc break and a situational damage burst.)

The new Life Steal mechanism which is give us the chance to steal 100% of damage dealt as a heal will be salvation and in the same time a curse to the Scourge Walrock class.

- at level 70 from heroic and paragon feats the SW can have 1015 life steal rate
    (no boons are calculated here)
    - Mechanic Soul Spark with Hellish Condemnation feat give us 0,13% life steal/spark
    (30 s. spark is 3,9% life steal)
    - Warlock Bargain with my understanding also give us a huge life steal boost.
    I do not know the proper numbers but the tooltip says +12,5% life steal at Rank 2 and Rank 3
    - The new* Dark Prayers class feature below 50% health is another 3% life steal

- I dont wish to list all the life steal boons here but i must mention two of them:
    Dread Ring (Endless Consumption) When you steal health from your life steal stat, it has a chance to steal 3 times as much
    Tyranny of Dragons (Dragon's Thirst) 5% life steal

Overall it looks like the SW going to turn out to be a Life Steal monster, but is it intended or is it just an another form of hell and all of my hopes are in vain?
    HR have more LS than SW, but yes, SW should be a LS/curse based char, currently, HR has the highest LS in game, as WE get 600/240 from feats, HR get 15% raw LS from feats plus the 12% from stat, HR get 27% easily, without spending any precious hero feats.
    But tbh i believe that ls will be nerfed to almost useless, wich will impact severely on SW's.
  • Options
    duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Got the exact same as this fellow, it looks like a weird interaction with the passive and the soulbinder soulspark mechanic.

Feedback: Bug: All Consuming Curse class feature + Soulbinder Pargon Path

(additional info to add to quoted post)
    If you test All Consuming Curse on the target dummies in the trade of blades and go to the far side of the room to un-agrro them, you will go out of combat, loose the sparks and the lesser curse will belatedly do its 4 ticks of damage.
    basically something is preventing the lesser curse from doing its damage making it stuck trying to tick indefinitely which fills you spark meter till the target is dead or un-agrroed.

hope that helps pinning down the issue.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Feedback Fury

Lifesteal in the new zone still feels insanely high. Was pretty much completely immortal still. It's hard to tell without testing the new group content but lifesteal severity probably needs a severe nerf to perhaps 50% instead of 100%.

was this BEFORE or AFTER hitting lvl 61??

because after 61 u will have like 5% chance to life steal ...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Attention Dev's : Please note that there is no issue with SW being Immortal with new LifeSTeal mechanics... This is being tested hard andwe will be extremely Killable in PvP with the new mechanic.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    Attention Dev's : Please note that there is no issue with SW being Immortal with new LifeSTeal mechanics... This is being tested hard andwe will be extremely Killable in PvP with the new mechanic.

lol, immortal kkkk that guy must be a scared TR kkkk.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    was this BEFORE or AFTER hitting lvl 61??

because after 61 u will have like 5% chance to life steal ...

Yes it was before, I didn't have much time that first day only a couple hours and I didn't use tomes to level as I wanted to see the leveling xp curve as well. The stat curves effect as you go up in level hits things hard. I'm unsure if the curves are messed up or if it's wai and we just don't have the tiered 70 sets and numbers yet. Leveling initially without twink gear, lifesteal and regen was always low, so I could see that going either way.
  • Options
    mrpallo1mrpallo1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The visual effect is too pronunciated, sometimes I cant see myself
  • Options
    slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015

The visual effect really needs to be changed. Not only does it make no sense for a warlock to be flashing with holy light every other second, but it is also really hard on the eyes. Then there's the issue of the lag it creates when you have people triggering the effect over and over again, and overall feels like the effect just needs to be toned down.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    rrshendev wrote: »
    Greetings Adventurers!

In conjunction with the forthcoming raise to the level cap, each class will see additions and adjustments. This content will gradually be made available on our preview shard. As it becomes available we would very much like to collect your feedback!

This thread will be focused on the Scourge Warlock. Initially only new class features and feats will be made available, however this thread will be updated alongside the preview shard in the future.

Class Features
    The following class features will become available at 60 points.

Dark Prayers - While you are below 30% health you gain 5% Damage Resistance and 1% Life Steal. Rank: +2.5% Damage Resistance, +1% Life Steal

Feats
    The following feats will become available after investing 10 paragon points into the corresponding tree. Feats previously available at 10 points have been moved to 15, those available at 15 have been moved to 20, and so on.

Fury:

Damnation:

A - Mocking Spirit - Your Soul Puppet now deals 200/400/600/800/1000% more threat.

B - Spiritfire - Foes near your Soul Puppet now also take damage 10/20/30/40/50% of your Weapon Damage as damage every second.

Temptation:

A - Dark Revelry - When your Life Steal there is a chance to gain Revelry. Revelry increases the Move Speed and Power of nearby allies by 4/8/12/16/20% for 5 seconds.

B - Soul Breaker - When a foe dies within 30' of the Warlock, a random nearby ally gains 2/4/6/8/10% of their AP.
    FeedBack
    Please remove all the new feat's/passives and keep SW at max lv 60, reasons are: all classes are going to get realy good buffs after 60, SW got just **** feat, evan HR got a huge feat (+50% crit severity) SW got 10% damage. so on pvp, SW will be realy non wanted class, on pve, all the others classes will perform better after 60, So SW're on a very bad place after 60, so keep it at 60 max. will be less cry on foruns and since dev dont care about sw at all. so keep as is currently.
    It's the best thing you can do for SW.
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feedback

As a rare Damnation warlock that was already having a hard time keeping up, given the lack of DD power or healing the other 2 specs had, these 2 new feats by themselves are a complete waste.
    Sure, mocking spirit is lovely, but if it steals agro that was it will go splat in a second's notice, it's not very tanky and it doesn't move from telegraphs either.
    Spiritfire sounds lovely, but in truth the aoe damage is pathetic and coupled with mocking spirits it will simply draw mass agro onto a pretty squishy summon and hinder the warlock even more, since a lot of our damnation feats help us when we have a spirit summoned. Of course, a new puppet gets summoned shortly after the other one dies, but then you have to pop 5 more abilities to make the puppet maxed on strength and during that short time you have no puppet around and you're running like a headless chicken, our defenses, lifesteal and attack power drop significantly, and if the puppet had agroed a great deal of mobs with the puny aoe ticks of spiritfire, we could go down pretty fast.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

So with the changes to life steal and regen, it got me wondering, what's the method of surviving for warlocks now? Before mod 6, SW relied on their life steal to stay alive, every class has their mean of defensive capabilities to stay alive.

CWs got control and stuns
    GWF got determination
    GF can block
    TRs got stealth and 75% deflect severity and some more I'm skipping
    DCs got some healing abilities and defensive buffs
    HRs I'm not very familiar with, my friends tell me they build really high life steal though so that would put them in the same boat as us
    And finally, warlocks survival method was trough really high life steal. Since life steal is a really big nerf to our only method of survival (other classes can build it too on top of their other means of survival, reading CWs here especially). Will something be done for SWs to help them go trough the higher level content?

Will something be done about the temptation capstone feat since life steal changes? And what about Endless consumption, dread ring boon?

SW vs CW, what will differenciate us and make us desirable over our CW and DC brothers?
    Truthfully I had no problem running a train on anything I faced at level 60 with my warlock, at lv 60 I had 25% life steal, i felt completely immortal. But as I got higher level on preview things started changing. With the stat curves making it harder to achieve a good life steal score I started feeling the value of temptation go away and warlocks survival in general feels behind the other class I play, CW. I can stand in the center of things with my CW not giving a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because I perma freeze them with the new opressor feats, and I still do enormous DPS. For having played both on preview the value of a CW in a group seemed to be alot higher than having a warlock in because they do the the same thing but better since temptation isn't as good as it was before. How can you keep a group alive if you life steal only 1 hit out of 8 or 10? That moment your party needs healing after a big blow, you could spend an entire minute dps'ing without a proc, who wants that kind of healer when a DC decides when they dish out their heals at the time the party needs it? So that leaves only DPS, and as far as DPS goes, wizards do it as well as us and they control on top of doing damage which makes the dungeons easier for groups.

So what will differenciate the warlock from the CWs and DCs, what will make people want us in a dungeon ?

EDIT: Since warlocks won't use accursed diabolist tier 2 armor, which is a huge amount in our DPS, we willl also lose alot of ground in terms of DPS against other classes, unless the armor bonus is re used to another set in lv 70.

This discussion has been closed.