What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The hit to Creeping Death really has me at a loss...

I understand the Tyrannical Threat thing, to a point. However, Creeping Death is just... Blargh. :(
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    exactly... why bothering on playing a class that is getting nerfs and nerfs. Best choices for the game is the neverwinter of the wizards or neverwinter of the rogues.
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The TT nerf is understandable, but the Creeping Death one isn't quite so. The 40% drop is pretty noticeable and will make SW single-target DPS builds fall behind TR's and CW's at least, when this is supposed to be one of the classes' greatest strengths.

But I'm pleasantly surprised that the "substantially more" damage the shadow puppet does is actually quite substantial.

3009c6afd4248855a60bc0d3dd6904b2.png

This was with the +100% damage feats and full stacks of the +20% damage.

Later I saw it do non-crit damage for as much as 22k with combat advantage, and with the +1000% threat feat it was holding aggro on whatever it attacked pretty well.

My SW's been fury since the day it was made, but this is making me seriously consider switching to damnation for mod 6. It should be better for soloing content and the shadow puppet just might do enough damage to be comparable to Fury and maybe make Fury a bit pointless. I hope somebody can do a deeper dive on how exactly Fury and Damnation's DPS compare for mod 6.

EDIT: oh and Spiritfire is (still? idk if it's been pointed out yet) is bugged, it only does 5% of weapon damage instead of 50%.

But with the shadow puppet damage improvements, maybe Spiritfire's damage could be tied to the puppet's damage instead of our weapon damage? Based on how much damage the SP can do now, maybe max of 5%? If that's even possible to code.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback/Question
    The buff to Soul Puppets is nice, but do they still get locked out of boss battles etc.? If so, this needs to be fixed and quickly.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback/Question
    The buff to Soul Puppets is nice, but do they still get locked out of boss battles etc.? If so, this needs to be fixed and quickly.

Yes, please! This is a real issue, we need this fixed, Damantion cannot even unsummon the puppet in order to summon it in the boss room. If you guys cannot fix the bug where the puppet stays out of the room, at least give us a way to sacrifice it.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    The puppets can hit for like 4k or more and it dose AoE dmg to every thing around it the only thing thats hurts is th puppet bug and it still gets locked behind boss doors.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Welp it turns out that the big shadow puppet damage I saw was inaccurate from the level upscaling.

With a TRUE lvl 70 SW against WoD mobs, it was doing 10k damage per hit at max damage. >_<

EDIT: Also wanted to add something about SW survivability, it's not too difficult to get the necessary life steal to still be able to count on it despite the changes.

I have gear giving me 1.8k life steal, but all the life steal stat boons and feats (Soul Reaping is crucial), pushes my life steal to 3.9k (9.9%). From there, I've got Dragon's Thirst for an extra 3% and Ghastly Commander adds 2% to put me at 15%.

And that 15% is doing me just fine for keeping my health up at max or near max most of the time against the WoD mobs, even the bugged ones that're too strong. Especially since I'm a Soulbinder so I'm getting even more life steal on top of that with my soul sparks.

And Soulbinder brings Borrowed Time into the mix, which might make SW's the only class with any kind of in-battle regen. Healing as much as 9.6% of your health every 2 seconds is nothing to sneeze at.

For PvE at least, I think SW's will be just fine for survivability in solo and group content.
  • Options
    norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »
    Welp it turns out that the big shadow puppet damage I saw was inaccurate from the level upscaling.

With a TRUE lvl 70 SW against WoD mobs, it was doing 10k damage per hit at max damage. >_<

EDIT: Also wanted to add something about SW survivability, it's not too difficult to get the necessary life steal to still be able to count on it despite the changes.

I have gear giving me 1.8k life steal, but all the life steal stat boons and feats (Soul Reaping is crucial), pushes my life steal to 3.9k (9.9%). From there, I've got Dragon's Thirst for an extra 3% and Ghastly Commander adds 2% to put me at 15%.

And that 15% is doing me just fine for keeping my health up at max or near max most of the time against the WoD mobs, even the bugged ones that're too strong. Especially since I'm a Soulbinder so I'm getting even more life steal on top of that with my soul sparks.

And Soulbinder brings Borrowed Time into the mix, which might make SW's the only class with any kind of in-battle regen. Healing as much as 9.6% of your health every 2 seconds is nothing to sneeze at.

For PvE at least, I think SW's will be just fine for survivability in solo and group content.

You just said it yourself that if SW wanna have tolearable survivability, one HAVE TO roll Soulbinder Damnation. That's beyond ridiculousness. I don't see CWs being forced into Oppressor in order to perma CC mobs. I refuse to spec into something I don't want to play simply to stay relevant and not being in dire need to party up for SOLO content.
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You just said it yourself that if SW wanna have tolearable survivability, one HAVE TO roll Soulbinder Damnation. That's beyond ridiculousness. I don't see CWs being forced into Oppressor in order to perma CC mobs. I refuse to spec into something I don't want to play simply to stay relevant and not being in dire need to party up for SOLO content.

I agree, sw needs more survivavility and those fools are already wanting to nerf sw even more, and then he comes to forum crying because he cant do anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »

Yeah let's nerf ls on sw, maybe make it has max 5% chance. also let's remove that heal from soulbinder.
    BtW, it's not the ls that keeps you alive, it's the sparks heal, wich on me heals for over 10k.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I guess I'll add that without any benefit from Soulbinder, I got my life steal to that pretty solid 15% and that was keeping me alive fairly well against the WoD mobs without Borrowed Time.

With Damnation, my soul puppet was adding some much needed DR and at least providing some minor help with aggro. With Fury I'd be doing more damage and hence getting more health back with each proc of LS, and with Temptation I'd have an even better life steal chance. So I don't think there's only ONE build that'll keep an SW alive.

btw this is all concerning PvE, I have completely given up on SW's as far as PvP goes. Just like every other person with an SW, and apparently the developers too. :P
  • Options
    thilidrichbthilidrichb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SWs are getting nerfed? Are u kidding me? Are we getting any advantage for it? What the hell are u doing devs? No i wont play ur ****<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> paladin and waste time/money on him, maybe nerf some other class so they will switch on paladin and fill ur greedy pockets.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    TT was nerfed, but wording of hte change to Creepign Death doesn't appear to be an actual nerf.

macjae wrote: »
    SWs are in desperate need of PvP improvements; they're the weakest class on Live, and so far the changes haven't added up to an improvement in their status.

• SWs need casting time improvements on some powers. Killing Flames, Curse Bite (the damage of this power should also improve; allow it to scale higher if it hits fewer targets), Warlock's Bargain (has a habit of not "sticking") at least. Also on dailies like Tyrannical Threat, Flames of Phlegethos and Gates of Hell.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies should be castable while moving (like Infernal Spheres), should not subject to cancellation by being cc-ed, and should last a bit longer. The Darkness feat should also improve its duration, allowing it 100% uptime.
    • SWs should get more solid defensive options from their features: Shadow Walk should add 2.5-5% deflection chance per rank while shadow slipping. Dark One's Blessing should also improve life steal severity and possibly chance against cursed targets. Snuff Out should generate additional sparks over time.
    • SWs should get some additional defensive power from stats; this could be something suitable like 0.5% deflection or life steal chance per point of Cha, 1% control resist per point of Int or 1% additional stamina regeneration per point of Con.
    • SWs need to not die in one hit from Shocking Execution without any way to resist it.

I agree, BoVA should not be cancel-able - but i do not agree with increased duration or 100%up time, that would be completely ridiculous.

Is the issue u see with Warlocks Bargain only on test server?

I agree with Increased Defenses and Deflect chance while shadow Slipping, just need SOMETHING to help us out, I want to keep shadow slip, but not be sooo vulnerable in PvP...

THe problem i have with shocking execution is that I just dont believe it should be a ranged attack... everyone but SW can dodge it easily, we would be able to have a chance to escape its range but somehow the thing has crazy range when we shadow slip away.. (this is a bug with how shadow slip works i think, where we are actually further behind where we THINK we are)

Second issue to this is Cryptic really screwed up by making it so that every class has a Daily ready to use in **** near every single fight...

in light of some things, I think HP bonus from Con for SW should also be increased, since it is pretty much all we have to rely on in PvP
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shadow slip will not help anything against things that ignore all defences like SE, SOD piercing etc. what about iceknife nearly instant killing me sometimes by slippering arround, or bloodbath (hits me ten times for about 2-3k or more)?
    will DR or deflect change anything in case of broken encounters that ignore everything?
    Btw. my warlock has Tenacity 1.3k, deflect 1.7k + fead from offhand (+0,05%per spark) and glyphes with DR/deflect proc but ....
    I am not ure if i ever reflected SE or SOD or any kind of these broken things

HP bonus would be the one and only help out of this problem i guess, since havung no dodge we eat all even with more DR/DEflect during shadow sliip it won´t change a lot
  • Options
    killerwhale87killerwhale87 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Basically I think there's a lot of misconception. With huge pvp changes on the rise, and the ability for SW to "grab" like a cw... I think were gonna be sitting a little better in mod 6.

Main point being that If I get my SW to 80k HP... your gonna have one hell of a hard time taking that away from me before I take yours.... Armor pen resistance (if implemented) would leave armor pen completely useless in pvp. Biggest thing in pvp will be Damage Resistance And Defense Debuffs And Also RAW POWER. If given the proper amount of HP to make my fights last longer as an SW... I can guarantee I will be having more of an upper hand come Mod 6. SW has fairly good defense and come mod 6 will be able to stand much much longer in PVP. ONLY if you have the HP set displayed on preview right now. I would run a full set instead of running 2/2 like I do currently. The PVP set bonus will be more worth while since come next mod were gonna see 100k HP+
    SOLACE 3.2k Faithful DC AP Build
    SOLIDUS 2.7k GWF 20kPower Destroyer
    JAFFAR 2.3k SW Fury Hellbringer
    SOLONDRA 2.3k TR Saboteur
  • Options
    atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Greetings everyone!

Until today i was moderate about my SW feedbacks and to be honest i was not planning to dig deep inside myself in the topic. Even though the PvP was always horrible as a Warlock still i could do well in PvE, so i was kinda satisfied with this class until 02. 20. 2015, Preview Patch NW.45.20150217a.2.

At the very first moment i was mad, furious about this bulls**t then my rage turned into sadness, disappointment then i was give up on my Warlock. At least i thought.

So after my emotional roller coaster i have decided to take a look on the Preview shard (again).

Creeping Death: Now causes 60% of your necrotic damage over 4 seconds (down from 100%).
    In reality the tooltip on the feat says 60% of your necrotic damage over 8 seconds. I can not report this issue as a bug since the feat properly does what it says. Deals damage four times; one tick / two sec.

With the Tyrannical Threat + Creeping Death nerf combo i have decided to take a look on the Damnation Warlock / feats.

The Damnation Warlock uses curses to aid allies, weaken foes and corrupt the weak.
    • The Damnation Warlock uses curses to aid allies... there is no Damantion feet which empowers my CURSE to aid my allies.
    Feedback/Suggestion: Syphoning Curse

This feat heals like 700 (350 in PvP) on LIVE and the double of it on Preview after you or one of your ally has KILLED your cursed target. It is not aid but a joke.

Striking Cursed foes cause the attacker to be healed by XY% of the Warlock's weapon Damage. This would be a kind of AID.

• The Damnation Warlock uses curses to weaken foes and corrupt the weak... there is no Damantion feet which empowers my CURSE or gives the SW anything to weaken my foes or corrupt the weak. Not a single debuff here.
    Now let us take a look on the NEW* Damnation feats.

Feedback/Suggestion: Mocking Spirit - Your Soul Puppet now deals 200/400/600/800/1000% more threat.

After i read this feat several times i have recieved some kind of a shock. To a Damnation Warlock the Soul Puppet is a walking 11/16 feat point (damage resist, life steal and damage). In short when our FRAGILE Soul Puppet is dead we basicly are playing without feats. Without Soul Puppet the Damnation Warlock has NOTHING. And now you gives us a tool to let us kill our own "feat points" in less than a mere second.

If the Devs honestly plan to create a somewhat useful tank out of the Soul Puppet then give the Puppet some health/defence over the recent damage boost and work a little more on this feat.

For example: Your Soul Puppet now deals 200/400/600/800/1000% more threat AND your life steal heals your Soul Puppet for XY% of its value.

Feedback/Bug: Spiritfire - Foes near your Soul Puppet now also take damage 10/20/30/40/50% of your Weapon Damage as damage every second.

This is a very good idea and a well deserved damage buff, i love it and i say; thank you!

With Artifact Weapon (~2000 weapon damage) my Spirit Fire deals 59 damage in every second. Not even close, please!

Bug: Soul Puppet

For some reason my Soul Puppet can not join us in boss fights. The poor "soul" try to come in to fight with us but she just can not. Please make the Puppet teleport with us OR just let her slip through the walls she is a ghost/soul over all.

p.s: My currently buffed Soul Puppet deals more damage than my Lv 63 O. Paladin. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    so after on day of pvp, everyone will handle this with ease, onehit soulpuppet, byby damnation warlock, too cheap imo
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Basically I think there's a lot of misconception. With huge pvp changes on the rise, and the ability for SW to "grab" like a cw... I think were gonna be sitting a little better in mod 6.

Main point being that If I get my SW to 80k HP... your gonna have one hell of a hard time taking that away from me before I take yours.... Armor pen resistance (if implemented) would leave armor pen completely useless in pvp. Biggest thing in pvp will be Damage Resistance And Defense Debuffs And Also RAW POWER. If given the proper amount of HP to make my fights last longer as an SW... I can guarantee I will be having more of an upper hand come Mod 6. SW has fairly good defense and come mod 6 will be able to stand much much longer in PVP. ONLY if you have the HP set displayed on preview right now. I would run a full set instead of running 2/2 like I do currently. The PVP set bonus will be more worth while since come next mod were gonna see 100k HP+

with r8's my SW on preview got 108k hp with 2/2 bane's and diabolist, 4/4 is wortless.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The cd change IS a nerf! Less damage = nerf especially when considering that with the LS change the steady and cnsiistent healing from ls via long dots will be better than the irregular and spikey healing from burst damage.

None the less, with all anger and sadness (my own included) duly taken into account, I am excited to see what mod6 does for this class in pvp. Worst case scenario, it sucks, we find new games and play them and the only ones who truly lose out are cryptic and pwe. Lets agree to just quit and never play again instead of complain, if sw is crappy as it probably will be in mod 6.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Feedback
    SW stealth is not working as intended, SW daze can't be aplyed, SW immunity isn't working.
    SW Hadar Grasp is overpowered, pls nerf it, it doing too much more damage than intended, it now hit for absurd 900 damage and 1800 critcal, pls it's too much damage for a lv 65 encounter, cut it 4x like CW got. Ahh hadar grasp is unslotable so it's cool now, very usefull

Keep the good work
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why did this power get nerfed to oblivion..? SW is in desperate need of flexible skills to use from.
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    i realy hope we get a full respec when mod 6 goes live and not the partial we get when we copy over to test server
  • Options
    ashfireburnashfireburn Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback Mocking Spirit:
    I have previously indicated why I am not a fan of the upcoming Mocking Spirit Feat based on the empowerment theme of being a Damnation Warlock. However if the feat is going to be implemented I would suggest at some point adding another component to the feat.
    Linking the health pools of the Soul Puppet and the player. In addition to the link the allowing for 100/125/150/175/200% of the max HP pool being granted in Temporary Hit Points.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    candinho2 wrote: »
    Feedback
    SW stealth is not working as intended, SW daze can't be aplyed, SW immunity isn't working.
    SW Hadar Grasp is overpowered, pls nerf it, it doing too much more damage than intended, it now hit for absurd 900 damage and 1800 critcal, pls it's too much damage for a lv 65 encounter, cut it 4x like CW got. Ahh hadar grasp is unslotable so it's cool now, very usefull

Keep the good work

the encounter was already nerfed; it is good as it is right now. The damage it was doing before was very high and the damage it continouosly adds is because of the debuff everytime it ticks in curse consume. This encounter is nothing compared to desintegrate at will wizard has, which is really OP.
  • Options
    couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the encounter was already nerfed; it is good as it is right now. The damage it was doing before was very high and the damage it continouosly adds is because of the debuff everytime it ticks in curse consume. This encounter is nothing compared to desintegrate at will wizard has, which is really OP.

Pretty sure candinho2 was being sarcastic...
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

Pretty sure disintegrate is a encounter spell not a at will unless CW get special treatment and get a extra at will and the other classes dont.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    Pretty sure disintegrate is a encounter spell not a at will unless CW get special treatment and get a extra at will and the other classes dont.

Actually if you runnig Desintegrate on Tab with PvP armor sett then you can reach almost 3s CD on it... almost at-will level...

Bug: Dark Revelry feat

It looks like the SW does not benefit from this feat... i honestly wish that it is just a bug.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ...SW Hadar Grasp is overpowered, pls nerf it, it doing too much more damage than intended, it now hit for absurd 900 damage and 1800 critcal, pls it's too much damage for a lv 65 encounter...
    hm a new encounter with 1800 crit damage, thats awesome, i will put it in my rotation, right next to pillar of power and cursed bite, now mod 6 can come, i am prepared
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hm a new encounter with 1800 crit damage, thats awesome, i will put it in my rotation, right next to pillar of power and cursed bite, now mod 6 can come, i am prepared

But it was bugged, i needed to full respect my char to it comes to normal, and now it hit for 8k
This discussion has been closed.