Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    atriar wrote: »
    I honestly think they do, and i am 100% sure about that they are playing CW and TR as main AND they never touched SW (other wise a feat like Mocking Spirit would never invented) at all.

There is no way that anybody who tests/play SW in the developer team does not aware of the SW only special 75% heal supression in PvP, that a Temptation SW can heal three times better in PvE if it runs Soul Scorch instead of Vampiric Embrace, that a Damnation SW can not use its Soul Puppet at all due that poor soul is always dead and can not even join in any boss fights...

Honestly when will the developers realize that
    • the Temptation Warlock does need a DRASTICAL buff on Vampiric Embrace.
    • the Temptation Warlock is the only class in the game which is being hit by 75% heal suppression in PvP.
    • the Damnataion Warlock actually has nothing at all.
    • the costumers are dissatisfied?

Further more, when will come the fix of the Pillar of Power encounter? It was released in mod 4 and now we are almost at mod 6. There was not enough time/whine/plea about this encounter to force someone to take any action?

• Pillar of Power does lower damage than any at-will powers on the SW.
    • The 20% damage buff on Pillar of Power is so underwhelming that running Vampiric Embrace instead of it resoults better dps.
    • Crowd Control effects cancels/breaks the magic circle; the funny part is that the SW is forced to stay in one place while the circle is active. (Not as if the SW has any way to DODGE anything.)
    I do love the base idea of this encounter and i honestly think it would be viable with some of these changes:
    • Make the explosion damage scale with time. The Circle after 2 sec should do less damage than a fully carged circle after 15 sec.
    • Let the Warlock detonate the explosion by reactivating the Pillar of Power.
    • Increase the damge buff to 40% at Rank 4.
    • Pillar of Power should provide some damage resistance OR control resist buff as well addition to the damage buff. If the SW is forced to stay in one palce, then give it some help just to do that.
    • Please fix the issue that the CC effects are break the circle!

Pillar of power should buff you 40% but when enemies get near you and trigger it, they get stunned briefly and deal 40% reduced damage for a few seconds.
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After a couple hours on my SB temp and had no problem surviving, in fact i had an easier time than i did with my HB fury thats geared better, and has higher stats overall. Basically HB fury(all damage) feels useless compared to SB temp.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    thats more or less my point, they has us testing for them, reporting bugs for them, but right now how many people are legitimately testing for he sake of bug hunting? what % of peopel on test server are actually there in order to truly Test the new content, and report game breaking issues?

i get the feelign that less than half of the players are on Test server for reasons other than trying to play a max level toon cus its frikkin fun, and testing builds in IWD for personal knowledge and a leg up in PvP when it goes live.

Now how many of those actual Testers are testing at actual lvl 70? How many of those are Paladins? How many of those stopped testing all together thanks to the black hole issue?

People like to be optimistic, but this is pretty freakin bad... we KNOW FOR A FACT that updates are largely untested internally by Cryptic (there is an amazing # of Patch Notes where users mention that the "changes" never worked, broke other things, caused new issues etc) and that it is the players who are doing all the testing for them.

I am goign to keep playing, I still enjoy the active combat system in this game above others ive tried, and I find it hard to enjoy the old Traditional MMO style where you have 15 Hot bars filled with abilities that for the life of you cant remember what half of them do, but your screwed if you remove them lol.

My worry is that this goes live in 7 days.. and 7 more days everyone will be lvl 70, and complaining that the game isnt working lol

Agree...as much as I hate to say it...I have to agree...it is part of the reason I took an extended break. I just could not bring myself to test this mod, not due to the devs, so I figured I would take a break, go do something else and come back when I felt it was time.
  • Options
    atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    So the wording of Temptation's cap is correct and your allies lifesteal instead of being healed? Am I understanding correctly?

The new "wording" of the Tamptation's Cap is a lil bit hard so i have to bring up an example;

You are a Temptation SW with 15% Life Steal -> the Temp SW is activate its Powers -> then your allies are heald by 15% of THEIR damage.

As you can see that doesnt matter how hard you hit with Temp-lock, at this point you need to focus on Life Steal only, and hope that your allies has high damage output to use your Life Steal.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eldritch Blast's biggest advantage is that the third strike hits in a small AoE. Seeing how lifesteal will work much less effectively in the new mod, Eldritch Blast might become obsolete or even a liability. I therefore suggest to increase the damage of Eldritch Blast by a reasonable amount.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Eldritch Blast's biggest advantage is that the third strike hits in a small AoE. Seeing how lifesteal will work much less effectively in the new mod, Eldritch Blast might become obsolete or even a liability. I therefore suggest to increase the damage of Eldritch Blast by a reasonable amount.

DC's lance of faith deals 50% more damage, sounds only fair.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback...shmeedback..here is my feedback:

A Scourge Warlock needs a overhaul for it's powers/feats. Yes, despite the class was released just recently.
    Especially damnation path, because it truly feels like you're damned if you ingorantly chose this path. Basically, what is PvE Warlock atm? No CC TT spamming machine isn't it? Relying on Lifesteal? And so TT got nerfed and LS was reworked, basically leaving the core empty. No damage, no CC, no lifesteal. Take away our TT and try to call the class competitive after that. Even our curse + WB + DT massive single DoT combo is considered to be a bugged one. The class totally is lacking of an opportunities. I am happy temptation is gonna work in some other way now though.
    As for PvP, I won't even touch this part. It makes me wanna cry sometimes. SW is so easily counterable and heavily punished for being a DoT DPS by multiprocs of dmg deflecting powers/enchantments feats. Makes me wanna cry really, I wish I never rolled a SW for pvp especially after I played on preview yesterday. Period.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Feedback...feedback...here is my feedback:

A Scourge Warlock needs a overhaul for it's powers/feats. Yes, despite the class was released just recently.
    Especially damnation path, because it truly feels like you're damned if you ingorantly chose this path. Basically, what is PvE Warlock atm? No CC TT spamming machine isn't it? Relying on Lifesteal? And so TT got nerfed and LS was reworked, basically leaving the core empty. No damage, no CC, no lifesteal. Take away our TT and try to call the class competitive after that. Even our curse + WB + DT massive single DoT combo is considered to be a bugged one. The class totally is lacking of an opportunities. I am happy temptation is gonna work in some other way now though.
    As for PvP, I won't even touch this part. It makes me wanna cry sometimes. SW is so easily counterable and heavily punished for being a DoT DPS by multiprocs of dmg deflecting powers/enchantments feats. Makes me wanna cry really, I wish I never rolled a SW for pvp especially after I played on preview yesterday. Period.

You (more than me though me to) put many months of effort into something, investing in A LOT of entertainment finances and time, choosing NWO over other options and in the end what you have been working on is gutted by the company you have supporting all along. Yes it does make you want to cry.

And people say, "stop whining play a different game". When it gets so bad that uninstall is the only viable option it goes beyond "quit playing", and into the area of "quit playing and trash the game as much as possible (via purely honest posting of ones experience with the game) in the dozens of gaming forums you post on regularly, in the multi-mmo guilds you are a part of, and to the dozens and dozens of gamer friends that you regularly interact with. Such pure honesty having been previously restrained due to still playing the game and hoping it changes, hoping more of your friends play it.

In the end what comes around goes around.

This isn't a matter of a game not giving some players of a class "what they want"...you can't please all the people all the time. It is a matter of SW players getting screwed hard to the point of their class being utterly worthless.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    SW needs an overhaul like the DC got. There's absolutely no unique dynamics. You just curse for extra damage and use a small selection of BiS powers. Powers should be better rewarded for cursing as many targets as you can. Fiery bolt just does a little extra damage, still lousy compared to chains of blazing light. What if each cursed target hit created another explosion, or if harrowstorm doubled in size for each curse target caught in the effect. Then it would feel a little more rewarding. But the class still lacks serious burst damage.

The SW is alongside the GWF at the very bottom of the barrel of reliable party contribution. Worst burst than TR/CW, both of which have better survivability and CC along with their damage. SW can deal more than a trapper, but you can't root mobs in place and have a staring contest with them until they drop dead so who would you rather have?
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Feedback...feedback...here is my feedback:

I know how you feel. I think you were the most courageous warlock among us who kept trying even with such obvious handicaps.

Bug: SpiritFire

This feat does not deal the intended damage.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The more testing I do in WoD/IWD, the more it seems if you want to be able to do daily content you'll need to be Soulbinder for the healing ability it brings to you. With a Transcendent Negation, and a Transcendent Lifedrinker (also tested out Terror), I'm able to survive and I even solo'd Cult Prison with no problem whatsoever. It requires more work then on live, and fights take longer because you cannot put out the damage as you could before w/o dying...

I was also not using lvl 70 Armor, just Level 60 T2 sets (alternated between a few, and I was able to beat it with different sets, no issue really), as the survivbility is amazing comparatively in the new content and level 73 mobs.

Need to see if the survivability is needed in the parties since you'll be bringing less damage to the table, I'm not sure of SW Fury Spec's will be wanted, though you should be able to spam TT (even if nerfed) faster if you utilize the AP builds, so maybe that will make up for the loss of Flames of Empowerments 17% Damage increase with the feat in the Fury Tree.

If you run with a party with a good Cleric/OP, can you go pure class cannon and just nuke things... That's the question.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    posted by kolatmaster
    The more testing I do in WoD/IWD, the more it seems if you want to be able to do daily content you'll need to be Soulbinder for the healing ability it brings to you. With a Transcendent Negation, and a Transcendent Lifedrinker (also tested out Terror), I'm able to survive and I even solo'd Cult Prison with no problem whatsoever. It requires more work then on live, and fights take longer because you cannot put out the damage as you could before w/o dying...

I was also not using lvl 70 Armor, just Level 60 T2 sets (alternated between a few, and I was able to beat it with different sets, no issue really), as the survivbility is amazing comparatively in the new content and level 73 mobs.

Need to see if the survivability is needed in the parties since you'll be bringing less damage to the table, I'm not sure of SW Fury Spec's will be wanted, though you should be able to spam TT (even if nerfed) faster if you utilize the AP builds, so maybe that will make up for the loss of Flames of Empowerments 17% Damage increase with the feat in the Fury Tree.

If you run with a party with a good Cleric/OP, can you go pure class cannon and just nuke things... That's the question.

in case of using T2 armor and doing the new lev 70 dungeon with lev 73 mobs (right?) it gives me some hope that it can´t be such a big challenge to go there with lev 70 armor tons of HP and better much stats
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    in case of using T2 armor and doing the new lev 70 dungeon with lev 73 mobs (right?) it gives me some hope that it can´t be such a big challenge to go there with lev 70 armor tons of HP and better much stats
    Yes sir... I did a few 2-3 man HEs in IWD and WoD, along with Biggrins Tomb and the Cult Prison respectively, in Level 60 armor against level 73 mobs while I was Level 70.

Now, I'm not saying this is great/perfect as I prefer Hellbringer Fury currently, but I'll say even with this you are NOT able to rest on your laurels and it was still challenging/fun. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Woot...anyhow you know I am working on changing my to an AP build to test...but doing it on live...right now my AP regen is just well it is just. Enuf said. Too many bad changes already happened.

But currently my build is also based a very high crit and p vorp. Sometime this weekend we can test the enchant on preview on the ap build.

Ap build requires a a couple of significant build choices from the normal we were so used to.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015

With all respect i want to ask the developer team to make some changes on the defensive mechanism on the following class:

Buff&change the damage resistance bonus on the Scouge Warlock's Shadow Slip up to 50% and let it calculated like the Block of the Guardian Fighter or the Shield Spell on the Control Wizard.

My suggestion should fix the promblems caused by the Piercing mechanism, this way it would be completly acceptable and it also would be able to balance out both the PvP and the PvE part of this game. It would solve the one hit kill problems in the game further more it would balance out the Life Steal and Regeneration loss .

I come up with this idea based on the feedback of the other players.

Thnx for reading this .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited March 2015

With all respect i want to ask the developer team to make some changes on the defensive mechanism on the following classes:

Buff&change the damage resistance bonus on the Scouge Warlock's Shadow Slip up to 50% and let it calculated like the Block of the Guardian Fighter or the Shield Spell on the Control Wizard.

Change the damage resistane on the Unstoppable in the case of Destroyer/Instigator Great Weapon Fighters to 15-30% but it is also should work like the Shield Spell on the Control Wizard or the Block of the Guardian Fighter, further more give the same mechanism to the Sprint with 30% damage resistance.

Do not change the numbers on the Great Weapon Fighter Sentinel but give it the same mechanism like the Shield on the CW or the Block on the Guardian Fighter. This way the Sentinel would be able to tank as it was intented in the 1st place

The Paladin's Sanctuary supposed to work like the Block of the Guardian Fighter or Shield Spell on the Control Wizard .

My suggestion should fix the promblems caused by the Piercing mechanism, this way it would be completly acceptable and it also would be able to balance out both the PvP and the PvE part of this game. It would solve the one hit kill problems in the game further more it would balance out the Life Steal and Regeneration loss .

I come up with this idea based on the feedback of the other players.

Thnx for reading this .

I think this is a good idea. I would really love if shadow slip went as far as to be itc. You shadow slip and it gives you exactly the same benefits that impossible to catch gives. If this were even the only change to sw I think it would be just enough without being op. It would essentially be ITC as a defensive encounter.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wrong thread :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Update: The Drake Rider HE in WoD, that I cannot solo... lol

At least not yet, at 55k HPs, the guy just one shots me 50% of the time (per throw!) with his lance/spear throw... Fun fun! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think this is a good idea. I would really love if shadow slip went as far as to be itc. You shadow slip and it gives you exactly the same benefits that impossible to catch gives. If this were even the only change to sw I think it would be just enough without being op. It would essentially be ITC as a defensive encounter.

ITC: You break free from most control effects, and for several seconds you Deflect all incoming attacks and are immune to further control effects.
    Stealth:You become completely untouchable to your enemies, dodging their attacks and receiving no damage.

giving this to SW it is possibel to be all time immune as temptation-butterfly-WL --> Due to temptation having Eldritch momentum to regenerate 5% stamina being hurt
    would have to change that too
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    ITC: You break free from most control effects, and for several seconds you Deflect all incoming attacks and are immune to further control effects.
    Stealth:You become completely untouchable to your enemies, dodging their attacks and receiving no damage.

giving this to SW it is possibel to be all time immune as temptation-butterfly-WL --> Due to temptation having Eldritch momentum to regenerate 5% stamina being hurt

Yahhhh that would certainly make Temptation tempting in PvP hahah!!!

As of right now that whole unklimited run speed thing is pretty pointless, people used to think they were cool with that ability but a standard every day HellFury can kill them while barely trying
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

hP Bonus from CON needs to scale better with new lvl 70 Gear and higher HP pool in general

Gaining only 5k HP from CON in current Mod 5 content is acceptable when the average SW is only at 35k HP or less, gaining 5k HP however, is NOT Acceptable when Every single Class regardless of CON stat, will be at 100k + HP.

HP in game is being more than Doubled as each class is getting HUGE aqmount of HP from gear, HP Gained from Con Stat needs to also be trippled in order keep usefulness.. otherwise everyone will drop COn and go full Int or Full Cha

These Reinforcements Need to be removable liek they were in Mod 4 on Test server before Live release - I think its only fair that we can do so. I spent good money putting reinforcements in my gear, which is goign to be replaced rather quickly with the new content..

I would liek to be able to reuse my Reinforcements or Sell them.. But I also wouldnt mind if you made them strictly BoA after removing from Armor/jewlersey, just someway to be able to make use of them since its unlikely I will be holding onto my T2 Gear sets for long after 70...

This will also Make all those Dragon Born's happy, sicne you gave them a reinforment item but then took away the ability to remove the reinforcement, effectively making players completely waste th ereinforment item on Lower lvl gear without realizing that you took that removal option away.

and who the f is our class representative btw???

How come none of our issues are ever heard or listened too, never addressed and completely ignored??

Why are you so Desperate to remove HellFury spec's from the top PainGiver position??
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    animalust wrote: »

and who the f is our class representative btw???

How come none of our issues are ever heard or listened too, never addressed and completely ignored??

Why are you so Desperate to remove HellFury spec's from the top PainGiver position??
    We have none, they simply don't care. And they want CWs dominate the game, it got quite obvious after m3 or so.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The new temptation capstone is as follows:

Soul Bonding: Your powers now heal your allies for a percentage of their damage equal to your lifesteal chance. This effect is 30% as effective on Area of Effect powers. The healing component of your Vampiric Embrace now also heals nearby allies for 100% of its value.

This means you effectively grant old-school lifesteal to your party members, at your LS rating.

Let's try an example. In a party, a CW does 50,000 damage with a power, you do 30.000 and the tanking GF/OP does 5,000 damage. You have 15% lifesteal.

With this capstone, that means the CW is healed for 7500, the GF is healed for 750, and you are healed for either 4500 or 15% chance at 30,000 and an 85% chance at nothing - depending on if the capstone applies to the SW. Even if the GF/OP had invested in 8000 regen, they would only get healed for 900.

So the low-dps tanking class will get much less healing than the high-dps classes in your party - and if everyone knows how to play, the tank should be taking way more damage than the dps.

My suggestion: for the Temptation Warlock, you have to return to the old style of lifesteal, but based on the SW's damage. So:

Soul Bonding: Your powers now heal your allies for a percentage of your damage equal to your lifesteal chance. This effect is 30% as effective on Area of Effect powers. The healing component of your Vampiric Embrace now also heals nearby allies for 100% of its value.

Now let's go back to our example. Everyone does the same damage, but now you heal the CW and the GF/OP for 4500. I would prefer if you also heal yourself for 4500, rather than worrying about your HPs yoyoing up and down, but I'd live with the RNG if necessary.

This means the temp lock needs to maximize both personal damage and lifesteal, which is much more rewarding than just focusing on lifesteal.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "their" in that sentence refers to "your powers". Don't worry, it's still all working as it should.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for that, phoenix1021!

I haven't been able to test my SW in a group setting, so I was reading the capstone wrong, apparently. Phew!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I play TR A LOT also, and I actually like ITC better than stealth. For me on TR stealth is for attack, itc for defense. All attacks are not deflected, just most. It is a really really sweet set of defensive bufffs. Also it does not get you out of prones once you are proned though it will prevent being proned in the first place.

So what I am saying is that it is not as powerful as a true dodge, but it is powerful enough to fit the bill for what shadow sprint was originally meant to do.

The class is weak in so many other ways (loooong casting times, severe lack of cc, no dodge, so on) that this one little thing would hardly even be a buff, just a little tool to help it survive and allow skilled sw players to compete with the other classes.

Another option is for shadow sprint to simply stealth the player for the duration of the sprint. Haven't put as much thought into that one, could be too much lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    so you do heal the allies by dealing damage in correlation to your lifestealchance, same mechanic as before?
    otherwise it wouldn´t make sense healing the DD more than the tank
    but cryptic is not known for logical decisions, more devellopping off the cuff
    Another option is for shadow sprint to simply stealth the player for the duration of the sprint. Haven't put as much thought into that one, could be too much lol.

could work its an old idea month ago, but getting invisible by shifting i will instanly go temp lock beeing the first perma stealth SB-temp lock, only visible during casting a DOTs, and wuuuush invisible again, lol would be funny
    or go max HP/livesteal and slot tenebrough (if they only worked like mod 5) so beeing all time invisible and dealing passiv damage to everyone
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    so you do heal the allies by dealing damage in correlation to your lifestealchance, same mechanic as before?
    otherwise it wouldn´t make sense healing the DD more than the tank
    but cryptic is not known for logical decisions, more devellopping off the cuff

could work its an old idea month ago, but getting invisible by shifting i will instanly go temp lock beeing the first perma stealth SB-temp lock, only visible during casting a DOTs, and wuuuush invisible again, lol would be funny
    or go max HP/livesteal and slot tenebrough (if they only worked like mod 5) so beeing all time invisible and dealing passiv damage to everyone

I think as soon as the sw came out of stealth it would be heavily focused by any enemy team nearby. Bad idea anyways lol...I'll stick with pushing for itc effects on sprint.
This discussion has been closed.