test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock Cap Raise

Comments

• windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    FeedBback: Arms of Hadar.
    I am happy to see new skill! But it isn't actually what SW needs. We need a skill to PvP. A skill with fast animation and hard CC. A idea of hand from valinda is cool I could see the hand from ground to hold player as a new skill. Even though we didn't get what we need, even though we got another dmg instead cc, and even though its 100% pve instead of pvp (because of a channel time where you can't move) I am still happy.

Now to the skill:
    Idea of CD is good but.., 2 sec cd then 15 sec debuff = debuff isn't reduced by recharging speed so our stat and recovery has no effect on this, which is going to make this skill a 17sec+- CD at minimum. Yes you can reuse it even with debuff time so from 2 to 5 to *7-9?" We can use it 3 times in 14 sec,4 times in 25sec? then once every 15sec. I can see it's going to be usefull in a 15 sec fight where you can reuse it 3 times and before you run to another group your debuff will be gonne. But I would personally like to replace the way of debuff to something like this "Keep the debuff and CD how is it but make it that after 5th use (if you have the debuff on) you will lost your debuff and get 20sec cd on skill"
    Next thing is that it prevent you from moving+ long animation. Basicly (PvP-useless unless it does prone or another kind of stun "for example on cursed target?" ; PvE - if you try to use this in PK(pirate king) mobs will just knock sh*t out of ya before you even finish animation) so something like "immune to interupt while casting" would be really nice.)
    Last thing is fire dmg: Unless you make fury SW to profit from fire as he does from necrotic then I don't see any spot for it on my SW, and it would be shame to not use such awesome looking skill after you made such effort of making it only because our spec can't profit from it.
  • mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This power is fun, but the
    aoe range is a little tight and the cast time a little too long. If I didn't get this power off right away, enemies would come towards me and fan around me. This is typical of the AI, getting combat advantage, but it also means that even if there were 4 enemies in my face, only one got squished by the move because the others were JUST on the edge of the aoe. This move doesn't need so much range as it needs more width.

Bug: Arms of Hadar
    Arms of Hadar hits more like the Forearms of Hadar. If an enemy is near the end of the
    aoe range, they are completely unaffected by this skill (they don't even register as hit). The true range seems to be about half of what is displayed.

Bug: All consuming curse
    All consuming curse this causes lesser curses from anything affecting the enemy, not only critical hits. I've rank 4'd this and it puts lesser curses on targets I've simply marked with my Tab curse (I did not have deadly curse slotted).
  • truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The arm itself goes to where your character was looking at the time of casting.

The red zone that shows where it will hit can be seen by other people.

Way too powerful. Hits almost as hard as a max power Killing Flames, but in an AoE. Starts off with a 2 second cooldown which increases incrementally with repeated uses up to 10 seconds where it resets back to 2. At this point, it's practically an At Will Fiery Bolt. Even when you can't catch a tight group with this, it's still an At Will Killing Flames.
  • windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Way too powerful. Hits almost as hard as a max power Killing Flames, but in an AoE. Starts off with a 2 second cooldown which increases incrementally with repeated uses up to 10 seconds where it resets back to 2. At this point, it's practically an At Will Fiery Bolt. Even when you can't catch a tight group with this, it's still an At Will Killing Flames.

That's what SW usually get. Strong PvE skills with hardcore dmg which are not usable in pvp :( I would be happy to see it with 60% less dmg if it would be necrotic, if it would prone cursed targets (or prone itself and slow cursed targets) and if it would make me immune when casting (cause 1,5sec root is...) - I would still get killed in pvp though but still :o
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The arm itself goes to where your character was looking at the time of casting.

The red zone that shows where it will hit can be seen by other people.

It's powerfull at lv 60, once you hit 61, it become half as effective.
    edited February 2015
    windquake wrote: »
    That's what SW usually get. Strong PvE skills with hardcore dmg which are not usable in pvp :( I would be happy to see it with 60% less dmg if it would be necrotic, if it would prone cursed targets (or prone itself and slow cursed targets) and if it would make me immune when casting (cause 1,5sec root is...) - I would still get killed in pvp though but still :o

It actualy prone targets for 0,5 sec.
    edited February 2015
    Feed Back Stat change LS on Warlock.
    Have done some tests and i found the issue for all SW, after the stat changes, LS become useless, think about, HR have 10% from LS rating, (like all classes) plus 15% from feats plus 5% from boon total 30% a very good chance.
    SW got, 10% from LS rating plus 3,9 if soulbinder at 30 sparks plus 5% from boon, plus 5% from feat, total 23,9
    The problem is, SW survivability comes from LS and even on live, we are
    NOT the most life steal capability class, even being the supposed LS based class
  • m477h3w1990m477h3w1990 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hi all...
    sorry, but i don't know if i would like to write has already been written by someone, you have wrote a lot of message... XD

i woud like that the soul puppet in mod 6 could come in, in the boss area such as a companion... untill now, the soul puppet, if evoked outside of that area, can't come in with us... but in mod 6, for the update at warlock that increase the damege and the utility of soul puppet, would be nice if puppet could come with us...

and another things for the equipment

being the old equip is exceeded, and the Accursed Diabolist, for me its the better solution, it would be beautyful, if there are another equipment similar at that, and that have a similar 4 piece Bonus...

thank you... ;)
    and sorry for my english...
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Arms of Hadar is really just a hand. I would like to see it look more like a talon and more shadowy so I can see through it. Also the hand is enormous but the AoE is more like the middle finger. The hand slams down of all the mobs but only one takes damage. Please make the AoE a column the same width as the hand.
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: The tooltip for All-Consuming Curse disappears once you start leveling up the power and doesn't return until after it's maxed out.
  • atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The terror and lifedrinker aren't supposed to proc creeping death. they don't do it on the live server, and I doubt they'll do it mod 6.

The Terror and Lifedrinker are supposed to proc Creeping Death it was stated by devs. At the very moment Lifedrinkeer do work with Creeping Death feat and only the Terror does nothing with it.

We warlocks are whining for a long while for a usefull CC in pvp -> and now we have it, i am greatful for it, but to be honest, even thought i dont want to talk against the SW but this damage is just straigh out insane... 50% stronger than my Killing Falmes and even more this encounter does necrotic damage. At the very moment it is look like as an auto-WIN button to me. o.O
    edited February 2015
    atriar wrote: »
    The Terror and Lifedrinker are supposed to proc Creeping Death it was stated by devs. At the very moment Lifedrinkeer do work with Creeping Death feat and only the Terror does nothing with it.

We warlocks are whining for a long while for a usefull CC in pvp -> and now we have it, i am greatful for it, but to be honest, even thought i dont want to talk against the SW but this damage is just straigh out insane... 50% stronger than my Killing Falmes and even more this encounter does necrotic damage. At the very moment it is look like as an auto-WIN button to me. o.O

First it has big cast time, second it's a heavy dot, diff from killing flames. And it's time to SW get some real damaging encounter, it's single target, ex: TR got Lashing Blade wich hits alot harder and has 100% crit chance, also remember that on pvp you'll get 40% less power.

TbH i realy loved the way SW's are on preview, we now got some spot on pve and pvp, and you already want to destroy it?. we can finaly play without just spawning TT all over the place!
    BtW good job devs you did a great job on this.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Good thing about these new SW encounters for the sake of pvp. SW needed more CC options. The ability to choke (Arms of Hader) and then smash with the purple hand gives them something much needed that can rival/counter similar capability of the CW and TR. Agree the hand damage should be necrotic though. Fire damage? Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but its a goose.

Cast time on Hand of Hader could be improved a bit, by 0.3 sec or so. Yes its a column AoE hit and should take a moment, but it is just a tad slow
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

edited February 2015
    candinho2 wrote: »

First it has big cast time, second it's a heavy dot, diff from killing flames. And it's time to SW get some real damaging encounter, it's single target, ex: TR got Lashing Blade wich hits alot harder and has 100% crit chance, also remember that on pvp you'll get 40% less power.

TbH i realy loved the way SW's are on preview, we now got some spot on pve and pvp, and you already want to destroy it?. we can finaly play without just spawning TT all over the place!
    BtW good job devs you did a great job on this.

The cast time is not longer than the cast time of the Fiery Bolt (which i actively use in PvP), further more you compare a long range hard CC to a close range damage tool... i can not see the reason. And yes i totally forgot about the new weapon enchant effects. ^^'

The necrotic damage is absolute reasonable. There is no fire spell in any universe which lift up anything then throttle it. Unimaginable.

I just dont get it. Every Hadar power deals necrotic damage (for a reason) then the new power deals fire damage after the SW succefuly summoned a hand full of necrotic energy. My suggestion is to change that necrotic hand to a burning one. That way it would be wholeheartedly acceptable by me.
  • thilidrichbthilidrichb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Finally some PVP based encounter that will be feared by others.. thank you for this. I would suggest the animation to be like a tiny black hands coming from ground holding the target in air, would love it.

Seems cool but it width range should be increased. I did also notice that it oftenly hits in diffrent direction then red zone pops up.

General:
    Decrease cast time, increase deflect severity, damage resistance and control resistance while we use Shadow Slip. Increase our primary defence and maybe rework some Daily Power to be a threat to TT, maybe Accursed Souls? Its pretty useless atm.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Finally some PVP based encounter that will be feared by others.. thank you for this. I would suggest the animation to be like a tiny black hands coming from ground holding the target in air, would love it.

Seems cool but it width range should be increased. I did also notice that it oftenly hits in diffrent direction then red zone pops up.

General:
    Decrease cast time, increase deflect severity, damage resistance and control resistance while we use Shadow Slip. Increase our primary defence and maybe rework some Daily Power to be a threat to TT, maybe Accursed Souls? Its pretty useless atm.

I like ur suggestion on hand of hadar, same one i thought to make yesterday. We dont need an encounter with same animation of wizard's entangling force. As the skill is "hand of hadar", should be a hand, instead of a line air or something.
  • adelight27adelight27 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here is your feedback devs:

As far as i can see, the devs want everybody to play the game as Trickster Rogues. I wonder if they really care about statistics? Do they really think on why almost all the pvp matches include at least 4 Trickster Rogues?

What kind of a mmorpg game provides all the advantages to a class (TR) an kills another class (SW) which is allready brittle class? I really wonder if they have ever played the game as a SW, especially on PVP? I think they better remove SW Class.

It's sad for me but i think i will quit this game that the devs of it are not enough to balance the classes.

P.s: Sorry for my poor English.
    edited February 2015
    adelight27 wrote: »
    Here is your feedback devs:

As far as i can see, the devs want everybody to play the game as Trickster Rogues. I wonder if they really care about statistics? Do they really think on why almost all the pvp matches include at least 4 Trickster Rogues?

What kind of a mmorpg game provides all the advantages to a class (TR) an kills another class (SW) which is allready brittle class? I really wonder if they have ever played the game as a SW, especially on PVP? I think they better remove SW Class.

It's sad for me but i think i will quit this game that the devs of it are not enough to balance the classes.

P.s: Sorry for my poor English.

The good news are that TR's will take a taste on their own med, CW now have an Atwill that hit for 53k xD
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would say my SW can't wait to strangle and do massive dmg to TR with the Arms, but they will probably dodge/deflect it and then one shot SW anyway :-<

Yesterday this happened
    20k SW vs 20k TR.

TR hits my SW with one encounter (lashing blade) for 38k HP from stealth.
    SW in full purified black ice gear has 8k HP left.

SW hits TR with entire rotation for 5k dmg. TR dodges/deflects over 90% of the damage.
    (curse, Daily Brood of Hader, infernal spheres, dreadtheft, killing flames,)
    TR kills SW. TR has 90% HP bar left.

Is it normal.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

edited February 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    I would say my SW can't wait to strangle and do massive dmg to TR with the Arms, but they will probably dodge/deflect it and then one shot SW anyway :-<

Yesterday this happened
    20k SW vs 20k TR.

TR hits my SW with one encounter (lashing blade) for 38k HP from stealth.
    SW in full purified black ice gear has 8k HP left.

SW hits TR with entire rotation for 5k dmg. TR dodges/deflects over 90% of the damage.
    (curse, Daily Brood of Hader, infernal spheres, dreadtheft, killing flames,)
    TR kills SW. TR has 90% HP bar left.

Is it normal.

So many things are wrong here...

1st you are supposed to have active Infernal Spheres on you before the fight breaks out.
    - Infernal Spheres damage/detect invisible targets so you can sprint away from TR while you take a chunk from his stealth bar (and also apply enchant/glyph effects; yummy!)
    2nd Dreadtheft is the most useless skill in PvP on any SW.
    - Dreadtheft PvE only

The proper roation is this; Infernal Spheres are already active on you before anything starts, Curse -> Brood of Hadar -> Hands of Hadar -> Killing Flames = TR is dead or Impossible to Catch -> Infernal Spheres are already available again -> ...
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Its kinda sad that pvp currently revolves around how to deal with TRs. You might think this would be a big clue that something is wrong.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    Its kinda sad that pvp currently revolves around how to deal with TRs. You might think this would be a big clue that something is wrong.

I think the level of developer acknowledgement/reaction to the subject is the best indication of how much they care about it (pvp balance).

Some things are just self-evident.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Dev's

Prove that you listen, please read this Thread

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?838661-Mod6-SW-Change-to-Blades-of-Vanquished-Armies

This is a change that should be implemented immediately for the SW
  • norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2015

SW was created as a class that revolves around Lifesteal. It was not only a whole THEME for the class but also it's MAIN mean of survivng. With Mods 6 drastic changes to Lifesteal SWs were hit the most and are left with little to no survivability. While I do like the need of teamplay and thoughtfull party gathering, I do not like the idea of being forced to grab a friendly GF/DC/OP just to do my dailies (which is supposed to be SOLO content). Currently solo content is something SW struggles untill built unreasonably (speccing Soulbinder with full defence just for doing dailies is NOT an option untill we get dual spec and inventory tab). My opinion is as follows:

SWs need:
    - survivability check after lifesteal nerf (double strike against SWs) - and it's needed ASAP because SWs defense rely on LS just like CW rely on CC, GF on innate tankiness or TR on stealth
    - casting time reduction on their skills
    - Blades of the Vanquished Armies NOT being interrupted after being cast (it's a presistent effect, no reason for any CC to cancel it)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A rework for lifesteal that will keep CWs in line and help SWs with what they were designed with in mind.

The % of lifesteal you have = the amount of max HP you regen every 2-3 seconds, if you deal enough damage to = that %. This will remove unwanted RNG, remove spike healing, and benefit SWs in the process with easier means to stack LS. If you have 15% LS, you regen 15% over 2-3 seconds.
    edited February 2015
    Feedback
    Hands of Hadar:Very cool, awesome damage.
    Hands of Hadar: Useless on bosses, please, make the hand(s) do damage on control immune targets.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    candinho2 wrote: »
    Hands of Hadar: Useless on bosses, please, make the hand(s) do damage on control immune targets.
    Ahhh... Maybe missed something during my own testing, but the Hands of Hadar don't do damage to control immune targets? Sorry, don't remember the full wording of it, and haven't had a good few hours to fully test it yet. Thanks!
    va8Ru.gif
    edited February 2015
    Ahhh... Maybe missed something during my own testing, but the Hands of Hadar don't do damage to control immune targets? Sorry, don't remember the full wording of it, and haven't had a good few hours to fully test it yet. Thanks!

unfortunately, Hands of Hadar does nothing on control immune targets, and it's the class biggest hiting skill, all classes got one big hiting skill, but if it keeps that way, it won't be usefull outside of pvp.
    edited February 2015
    Big nerf coming to SW's we now are weak at both pvp and pvp.
    40% nerf on fury(only viable paragon) and TT become almost useless it has cut in half, now it reflect 25% damage at rank 4.
    Also the desintregate cw atwill that hit for 53k now got a small buf of 115% damage boost, it now hits for 120k or so, realy nice, i wonder why'll i play as SW.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The hit to Creeping Death really has me at a loss...

I understand the Tyrannical Threat thing, to a point. However, Creeping Death is just... Blargh. :(
    va8Ru.gif
This discussion has been closed.