What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drow PvP Equipment

Comments

• Options
    shadowbladegrshadowbladegr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There is a chance that the price is not correct... Drow gear has the price of old Profound,Profound has the price of old Grim,Grim has the price of old Battle and Battle is glitched and does not appear at all.This seems like a bug to me.Or maybe the prices have not been decided yet and they are using this as a placeholder.
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    One way or the other. Drow in MOD 6 has the costs of profound in MOD 5. How comes yo farmed like crazy for profound and the new set with the same costs seems like blue drops from monsters?

You're twisting things around; I farmed it because it was a nice, top tier set and since it was top of the line for what it had to offer, it was well worth it.
    It seems only logical that a new set that's better than it would cost even more and would be even more exclusive.
    You don't downgrade previously released stuff like that, you just add new, better equipment that needs more dedication and perseverance.
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cococya wrote: »
    You don't downgrade previously released stuff like that, you just add new, better equipment that needs more dedication and perseverance.

Yay, and for mod 8 we get new pvp gear which need 200k glory for the gloves. \o/
  • Options
    vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    Yay, and for mod 8 we get new pvp gear which need 200k glory for the gloves. \o/

I would really hope that:

1. There would FINALLY be a BIS set for PvP that is obtainable solely through PvP, and
    2. That it would require a long term commitment to PvP.

Since Beta in this game it has had a real misunderstanding of how to engage and monetize the serious PvP player. This game has made every important PvP item a PvE grind... And that has undermined the PvP community. If they simply allow PvPers to just do PvP without all the PvE grinding there will be a much larger community and the larger playerbase will help balance out the queues without long wait times.

The Drow set should be level 70 and either better or at least as good in PvP as anything available in PvE ... And that includes stats, process and set overload slots. In fact... Make overloads not tick down time while in PvP games.

I would suggest a higher cost than the profound. Cost to obtain this BIS Drow set. Perhaps make it a reward for completing each of the 3 phases of the PvP campaign to get 3 pieces and have that onlock a final.piece that costs 50k glory and 50 Seals of Triumph?
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Despite the high stats, i will not use Drow PvP set if other new gears is available. It is level 60 and there are level 70 greens working better than it. Its set effect for DC is useless as 70% extra divinity gain is no better than 30% divinity gain. For example, three hits with 70% divinity gain gives you 2.99 bar divinity and the forth hit gives you the third bar. So why not you just maintain 30% extra divinity gain and hit the target four times? You still need four hits to get your third bar, no matter you stack up to 70% divinity or 30% divinity.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vexus99 wrote: »

1. There would FINALLY be a BIS set for PvP that is obtainable solely through PvP, and

Since Beta in this game it has had a real misunderstanding of how to engage and monetize the serious PvP player.

Lv 60 pvp and serious don't go in the same sentence man, the lv 60 system is too flawed to be taken seriously, let alone be competitive in. Not that I don't want to be.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The price is high enough. I think it is too high, actually. It will require a mountain of glory to get all 4 pieces. Please think about it from the new player's point of view. For the new player, with broken matchmaking and large barriers to getting good PVP gear, most matches are losses, meaning very little glory earned. It will take far more matches for new players to earn the glory to buy this set than it did for you all to earn the glory to buy the corresponding Profound set.

Plus this gear should be reasonably accessible to everyone, not just to people who PVP 100 matches a day.

And complete the PVP campaign first? Are you kidding me? You expect new players who have crappy gear to have to earn 100 triple kills (not to mention the 1000 NPC task) before they can even get this gear?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thinking twice the new level 70 items have so high stats i dont even know why someone would wear this drow set.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still hope they add Grym Coins, Scrimshaw Tokens or a currency that drops form OW Domination to the price. It's a great chance here to revitalize the OW PVP.

I'd also add another Tier to the Black Ice Armor and Weapon Sets for the very same reason. And to give PVPers a bit more choices.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    thinking twice the new level 70 items have so high stats i dont even know why someone would wear this drow set.

I wouldn't consider this version final. Why would they introduce a new PVP set that is only viable at 60 when they raise the cap to 70 in the very same Mod? That makes no sense.
  • Options
    murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vexus99 wrote: »

Since Beta in this game it has had a real misunderstanding of how to engage and monetize the serious PvP player. This game has made every important PvP item a PvE grind... And that has undermined the PvP community. If they simply allow PvPers to just do PvP without all the PvE grinding there will be a much larger community and the larger playerbase will help balance out the queues without long wait times.

The Drow set should be level 70 and either better or at least as good in PvP as anything available in PvE ... And that includes stats, process and set overload slots. In fact... Make overloads not tick down time while in PvP games.

I would suggest a higher cost than the profound. Cost to obtain this BIS Drow set. Perhaps make it a reward for completing each of the 3 phases of the PvP campaign to get 3 pieces and have that onlock a final.piece that costs 50k glory and 50 Seals of Triumph?

Omg why?!?! People complain about pug matches and kick them out of pvp and now you want some BiS gear for pvp how stupid is that?!? Pvp should be about skill and not gear wtf?! A real pvp player just want to play and dont do anything else or farm some stupid bis gear thats for pvp thats so wrong i cant find words for this! If there would be some sort of rating or a elo it would make sense when you hit top 100 to get bis gear but it doesnt matter because you get always matched up against other with the same gear! But in this game it is no possible!!!

Give new players the set for free!!! I really dont care if i had longer to farm it! All i want is challenging and interesting pvp matches!!! The pvp population would raise because new potential pvp players wont get stomped anymore and pug matches would maybe get interesting and would not end after 1min!!!! As a new pvp player after a view games i would say **** this ****! No balanced classes, forced to farm pve to play pvp? Farm pvp seals to get pvp gear? Pvp pots for ad? Artifact gear i cant get through pvp? Screw this!

Cryptic should get rid of all that gear bull**** like artifacts/equipment and enchants! GW2 is flawless in thats case! No gear just skill! If you want to dominate with your gear you can WvsW but arena should not be about gear! Pve should be about gear and a pvp set should not be BiS in pve! They should remove tenacity from the "pvp campaign rings"! So no pve set will affect pvp with their stats and bonuses and it would be better to balance classes.

I'm actually tired of farming/refining **** in this game too just play some pm matches against troll comps from some guilds -.- and many others think this way. This community is so ****ed up! Cryptic has to do something to keep their small playerbase... There are new interesting f2p games coming like Black Desert and Everquest next even veteran players will quit this game... Its sad because this had so much potential :/
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »

I will try to summon @graalx3 ( ariiise graalx3 ) xD
  • Options
    shadowbladegrshadowbladegr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With the new stat curves,the meta will be a lot more aggressive than now.Yes,they seem kinda bugged atm,but it's a fact that you cant just get away with picking a boon and couple of rings to get a stat where you want it,for example.You are gonna have to stack stats hard if you want an impact.Because of this,classes other than gf (and probably the upcoming paladin) will take a huge hit in DR,because their gear does not come with much defense.Additionally,ArPen will be added to most dps sets apparently,making defense even less powerful.Add to that the removal of in-combat regen and going in with plain level 70 gear and no tenacity will make you go splat instantly.On the other hand,tenacity has kept the same curve past 60,meaning Drow gear will add a LOT of survivability,simply because all other defensive options become less potent.While a small boost to stats could work,you dont pick the Drow set so much for the stats,or the set bonus,but for tenacity...That being said,I hope piercing damage will be updated to respect tenacity.That will give players the option to choose a defensive-pvp set,but sacrifice stats,or an offensive-pve set,but become a glass cannon.
  • Options
    murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So they did not change the CW bonus? Another reason to not PvP anymore.
    http://s12.postimg.org/tlriqf2x9/drow.png
    U mad bro? :D so you want the massive dr from shield and the mastery slot bonus with broken storm spell or what? xD cmon thats too greedy when finally everything gets fixed :P
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider this version final. Why would they introduce a new PVP set that is only viable at 60 when they raise the cap to 70 in the very same Mod? That makes no sense.

Exactly. The Drow set was NEVER in the game, never on test. The only thing we saw was a collections page in the Test Gateway. For all practical purposes this set DOES NOT exist yet.

People need to relax a bit and wait until a new PvP set actually shows up on the test server. It's crazy that this has gone on for 35 pages, and now people are complaining about how a non-existant set isn't very good anymore.

It never had the chance to BE good because it NEVER existed.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Exactly. The Drow set was NEVER in the game, never on test. The only thing we saw was a collections page in the Test Gateway. For all practical purposes this set DOES NOT exist yet.

People need to relax a bit and wait until a new PvP set actually shows up on the test server. It's crazy that this has gone on for 35 pages, and now people are complaining about how a non-existant set isn't very good anymore.

Its already in preview and you can buy it. Idk what you are talking about.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

huh.. its on the preview server now and been on the shard since the first day. So don't understand what you are saying. Will it be level 70 at the end of testing.. maybe.

I think the price is fine and actually its nice that they lowered the price on the other tiers. Makes getting a new 60 toon into tenacity gear a bit easier. One of the hardest parts is going into pvp without tenacity when you first hit 60.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So they did not change the CW bonus? Another reason to not PvP anymore.
    http://s12.postimg.org/tlriqf2x9/drow.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2015
    The 'Drow set' will be updated before launch to be equivalent to the best level 70 gear. It will also have a new look to be more in keeping with the elemental theme of this module and no longer be called the Drow set.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I actually loved the look of the Drow PvP armor. Finally a high level armor set that looks nice and didn't require an immediate transmute to some old low level gear. I hope this the new look will not be another black ice approach and I would really love to see the look from the Drow Set to maybe be put on the Tarmalune trader as I was looking forward to this look.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The 'Drow set' will be updated before launch to be equivalent to the best level 70 gear. It will also have a new look to be more in keeping with the elemental theme of this module and no longer be called the Drow set.

you are one of few words but always the best! thanks for the answer to the summoning ^^

@suddenslow i tried the one for tr and hr, i didnt like them. the best ones are the draconic templars so far
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    @raydan I guess it is personal preference on looks and quite varied. I know some people that absolutely love the black ice look even. I like a more plain and subdued appearance in general and I was never big on flashy or spikes or brilliant colors (being that I am partially color blind I suppose it looks different to me than others).
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    force gf to stack def while def is horrible in pvp with all the armon pen, debuffs to it, weapon enchants, and piercing dmg.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    Look at my sig below we are THREATENING AND DANGEROUS!

Awww wookit the kyoot widdle PJay. *pinch cheeks*
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I actually loved the look of the Drow PvP armor. Finally a high level armor set that looks nice and didn't require an immediate transmute to some old low level gear. I hope this the new look will not be another black ice approach and I would really love to see the look from the Drow Set to maybe be put on the Tarmalune trader as I was looking forward to this look.

Since the art has already been created to some degree, it's likely to be released at some point, maybe in a module with more of a drow theme, maybe as a PvE set. But not using it at all is dev time (and thus money) wasted.
    @raydan I guess it is personal preference on looks and quite varied. I know some people that absolutely love the black ice look even. I like a more plain and subdued appearance in general and I was never big on flashy or spikes or brilliant colors (being that I am partially color blind I suppose it looks different to me than others).

I have a similar aesthetic sense. Most of my characters have been transmuted to gear with very simple silhouettes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »

Thank you!

If its at all possible please compare all sets to ensure at least 1 set for each class has hp.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also would like to chime in and say that I hope the drow set art work shows up in the game soon, it looks really nice and I am disappointed that we won't get to have it at any currently announced time.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!