test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drow PvP Equipment

Comments

• shadowbladegrshadowbladegr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With the new stat curves,the meta will be a lot more aggressive than now.Yes,they seem kinda bugged atm,but it's a fact that you cant just get away with picking a boon and couple of rings to get a stat where you want it,for example.You are gonna have to stack stats hard if you want an impact.Because of this,classes other than gf (and probably the upcoming paladin) will take a huge hit in DR,because their gear does not come with much defense.Additionally,ArPen will be added to most dps sets apparently,making defense even less powerful.Add to that the removal of in-combat regen and going in with plain level 70 gear and no tenacity will make you go splat instantly.On the other hand,tenacity has kept the same curve past 60,meaning Drow gear will add a LOT of survivability,simply because all other defensive options become less potent.While a small boost to stats could work,you dont pick the Drow set so much for the stats,or the set bonus,but for tenacity...That being said,I hope piercing damage will be updated to respect tenacity.That will give players the option to choose a defensive-pvp set,but sacrifice stats,or an offensive-pve set,but become a glass cannon.
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So they did not change the CW bonus? Another reason to not PvP anymore.
    http://s12.postimg.org/tlriqf2x9/drow.png
    U mad bro? :D so you want the massive dr from shield and the mastery slot bonus with broken storm spell or what? xD cmon thats too greedy when finally everything gets fixed :P
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider this version final. Why would they introduce a new PVP set that is only viable at 60 when they raise the cap to 70 in the very same Mod? That makes no sense.

Exactly. The Drow set was NEVER in the game, never on test. The only thing we saw was a collections page in the Test Gateway. For all practical purposes this set DOES NOT exist yet.

People need to relax a bit and wait until a new PvP set actually shows up on the test server. It's crazy that this has gone on for 35 pages, and now people are complaining about how a non-existant set isn't very good anymore.

It never had the chance to BE good because it NEVER existed.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Exactly. The Drow set was NEVER in the game, never on test. The only thing we saw was a collections page in the Test Gateway. For all practical purposes this set DOES NOT exist yet.

People need to relax a bit and wait until a new PvP set actually shows up on the test server. It's crazy that this has gone on for 35 pages, and now people are complaining about how a non-existant set isn't very good anymore.

Its already in preview and you can buy it. Idk what you are talking about.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

huh.. its on the preview server now and been on the shard since the first day. So don't understand what you are saying. Will it be level 70 at the end of testing.. maybe.

I think the price is fine and actually its nice that they lowered the price on the other tiers. Makes getting a new 60 toon into tenacity gear a bit easier. One of the hardest parts is going into pvp without tenacity when you first hit 60.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So they did not change the CW bonus? Another reason to not PvP anymore.
    http://s12.postimg.org/tlriqf2x9/drow.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2015
    The 'Drow set' will be updated before launch to be equivalent to the best level 70 gear. It will also have a new look to be more in keeping with the elemental theme of this module and no longer be called the Drow set.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I actually loved the look of the Drow PvP armor. Finally a high level armor set that looks nice and didn't require an immediate transmute to some old low level gear. I hope this the new look will not be another black ice approach and I would really love to see the look from the Drow Set to maybe be put on the Tarmalune trader as I was looking forward to this look.
    edited January 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The 'Drow set' will be updated before launch to be equivalent to the best level 70 gear. It will also have a new look to be more in keeping with the elemental theme of this module and no longer be called the Drow set.

you are one of few words but always the best! thanks for the answer to the summoning ^^

@suddenslow i tried the one for tr and hr, i didnt like them. the best ones are the draconic templars so far
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    @raydan I guess it is personal preference on looks and quite varied. I know some people that absolutely love the black ice look even. I like a more plain and subdued appearance in general and I was never big on flashy or spikes or brilliant colors (being that I am partially color blind I suppose it looks different to me than others).
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    force gf to stack def while def is horrible in pvp with all the armon pen, debuffs to it, weapon enchants, and piercing dmg.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    Look at my sig below we are THREATENING AND DANGEROUS!

Awww wookit the kyoot widdle PJay. *pinch cheeks*
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I actually loved the look of the Drow PvP armor. Finally a high level armor set that looks nice and didn't require an immediate transmute to some old low level gear. I hope this the new look will not be another black ice approach and I would really love to see the look from the Drow Set to maybe be put on the Tarmalune trader as I was looking forward to this look.

Since the art has already been created to some degree, it's likely to be released at some point, maybe in a module with more of a drow theme, maybe as a PvE set. But not using it at all is dev time (and thus money) wasted.
    @raydan I guess it is personal preference on looks and quite varied. I know some people that absolutely love the black ice look even. I like a more plain and subdued appearance in general and I was never big on flashy or spikes or brilliant colors (being that I am partially color blind I suppose it looks different to me than others).

I have a similar aesthetic sense. Most of my characters have been transmuted to gear with very simple silhouettes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Thank you!

If its at all possible please compare all sets to ensure at least 1 set for each class has hp.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also would like to chime in and say that I hope the drow set art work shows up in the game soon, it looks really nice and I am disappointed that we won't get to have it at any currently announced time.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    swarfega27 wrote: »
    Thank you!

If its at all possible please compare all sets to ensure at least 1 set for each class has hp.

All thats gonna happen is they will change the item level to like 150 or maybe even 170 depending on what the "max" is for epics at 70. Right now blues are around the 120 range so its currently treating Drow gear LIKE a lvl 70 blue armor.

All that will happen is the stats will get scaled up a decent amount, For GUESStimate purposes you can probably subtract the difference from Profound and Drow sets, and add that difference ONTO the Drow set.

So for instance if Drow set gives +450 power Profound set is +350 power. The lvl 70 Epic Drow set will be +550 Power. ETC.

Just my GUESS.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it would be nice if at least one option for each class had HP.

Glad you are changing the look too
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    it would be nice if at least one option for each class had HP.

Glad you are changing the look too

nah they wouldn't do that, the gear is already finished, they'll only scale it to have level 70 stats.
    edited January 2015
    you never know
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nah they wouldn't do that, the gear is already finished, they'll only scale it to have level 70 stats.

If no one asks for something different they wont consider it.

The crafted blue TR lvl 70 armor gives 10k hp. 45xx on the chest and 22xx on the other 3 pieces. If that is the sort of scale up the other classes will get on their new lvl 70 pvp set items, i think it would be extremely unfair, given the recent self sustain changes, for any classes to miss out on hp on at least 1 pvp set.

ALL classes should be given the option to build defensively with gear. Raw stats no longer come close to competing with raw hit points now that scaling to 70 has come into play.

Please have all classes with 1 set with hp.
    edited January 2015
    All new armor pieces from item level 90 and higher will now have Hit Points. This is a bonus that does not come out of the stat budget for the item.

Old Epic T2 armor will not get this bonus HP even if its item level is greater than 90.
    edited January 2015
    deleted /10c
    edited January 2015
    All new armor pieces from item level 90 and higher will now have Hit Points. This is a bonus that does not come out of the stat budget for the item.

Old Epic T2 armor will not get this bonus HP even if its item level is greater than 90.

awww snap. Thanks for passing this along. Keep the communication coming :)
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    #Drowtastegood
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    edited February 2015

new armor is up on preview but doesn't contain HP for the TR set
    edited February 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    new armor is up on preview but doesn't contain HP for the TR set

Oops! It will have the same HP as the rest of the classes.
    edited February 2015
    Oops! It will have the same HP as the rest of the classes.

much appreciated!
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really like the look of the TR set apart from the helm, a million times better than the black ice set look.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I'm hoping there will be a really nice large variety of new item sets with interesting set bonuses then. It's gonna be cool too what what is gonna come out of builds!
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
    edited February 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    I really like the look of the TR set apart from the helm, a million times better than the black ice set look.

yeah that helm... i feel like we are never gonna get a good one :) everyone keeps using the same mask or not showing helm